26,214 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Doeleap / Doe that leaps through grass
    April 23, 2019 at 3:33 pm

Hi Guys I really need some advice,
    So basically, my best friend goes to Florida most holidays and always bring me back really extravagant gifts, for example she just gave me two pairs of converse and a pile of sweets. It’s really awkward because I can never get her anything that nice even for her birthday and Christmas because my parents expect me to pay for everything myself and I don’t get much pocket money. I tell her every time , I don’t want anything please don’t but every time she comes back with stuff for me and it’s just getting so awkward as I can never pay back her kindness ☹️

𝐋𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

• Ivie | Ivypaw
      April 23, 2019 at 4:01 pm

I’m not really sure about advice! She’s not my best friend, but a friend of mine, Gingerpelt, always goes to Florida (6 times in 4 years!!!) and gets me stuff too! It’s not as much as that, but it’s really nice of her! 🙂
      I really don’t know, I guess you should maybe tell her? *huggles*

• Fally
      April 23, 2019 at 4:31 pm

It’s very sweet of her to get you things, but I don’t think she expects anything in return, especially since you’ve told her. You could try making her something in return, like you could draw a picture of a pet of hers or something like that. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• April 23, 2019 at 10:19 pm

Try making her something out of old things you don’t use anymore! Me and my friend Petalpaw used to make each other stuffed animals out of old socks and beans!

Where do you find hope?

• Sweetpaw(patch)
      April 24, 2019 at 3:43 am

Try making something homemade for her! It doesnt have to be expensive or big. Also, dont feel awkward. She wants to keep giving you gifts because she values your friendship.

and i remember thinking. . .

• April 24, 2019 at 11:15 pm

Like what Fally said, since you told her, she probably doesn’t expect anything back. Or you could DIY something for her.

Infinite huggles for you!

2. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    April 23, 2019 at 9:31 pm

I’m so stressed rn

And that’s the tea.

• April 23, 2019 at 10:20 pm

Have some thyme tea
      Or tea of the times
      Which do you want?

Where do you find hope?

• Sweetpaw(patch)
      April 24, 2019 at 3:45 am

Deep breaths

and i remember thinking. . .

• willowstep
      April 24, 2019 at 2:51 pm

keep you mind on something else to distract you

dont die graystripe

• Fally
      April 24, 2019 at 5:08 pm

Aw I’m sorry Pasty. <3 I hope you feel better! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

3. Snowswirl
    April 24, 2019 at 1:11 am

this may not seem like a huge issue, but here I am anyways. So, I pick at the skin on my thumb and sometimes fingers to the point that it bleeds, a lot. I try to let it heal but then I just end up picking it apart again. I’ve done this since I was little (like 4 ish) and my mom tells me its just a habit and I should be able to stop (like my brother), I’ve tried multiple times to stop and it doesn’t work, if I put bandaids on, I tear apart the bandaids or when I take them off, my thumbs get torn apart again (its not that dramatic but ‘I pick at them’ sounds not right either). My parents ask me why I do it and I don’t know why I do it, most times I don’t think ‘oh lets just make my thumbs bleed why don’t I?’. Its more like I don’t notice for a little bit or until in my head I’m like ‘you should stop’ and I don’t, I don’t get it. I’ll stop there for now (if you want to know more you can ask but this is getting long so yeah), ideas for how to stop picking?

• Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
      April 24, 2019 at 1:25 am

I don’t have much advice because I have similar problems. I also pick at the skin on the side of my thumb and I still bite my nails. Going to get gel nails helps me a lot because they look so good and stay on for a while.

And that’s the tea.

• YuliGurriel1
        April 24, 2019 at 3:35 am

My friend does the same thing to her thumbs. It’s from anxiety she said.

hermes

• Sweetpaw(patch)
      April 24, 2019 at 3:49 am

I kinda have a similar habit. I bite my lips or pick at them until they end up bleeding. My mom notices sometimes and tells me to stop. The only time im not picking or biting them is when something else is on my mind. Try to distract yourself and find something else to fidget with. Works for me.

and i remember thinking. . .

• willowstep
      April 24, 2019 at 2:49 pm

sigh…. -_- you cant just stop a bad habbit it does not work like that. look up the deffinition of a habbit. i do the same thing but with my nails got advise 4 me too?

dont die graystripe

• Fally
      April 24, 2019 at 5:09 pm

Ugh that sounds frustrating, I’m sorry Snowy. <3 Is there anything you could put on your thumb that would taste bad, to maybe deter you from biting it? *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• Snowswirl
        April 25, 2019 at 12:09 am

I don’t bite them, I pick at them with my fingernails, but thanks for the idea:)

• Spottedpaw/stream
      April 25, 2019 at 2:24 am

I think to try to stop habits, it can take more than just force of will. I know from having a couple bad habits, and I’m trying to stop biting at my nails and the skin around them, so that’s a bit similar. I would try fiddling with something else, so that instead of picking at the skin on your fingers, you could be holding something, or even just getting a pencil and just doodling, I do that a lot. That could help you focus on other things like what you’re doodling, or how you’re moving your pencil, and with the other hand you could focus on holding the paper? That’s all I can think of, I’m sorry it’s not more helpful <3

Insert creative signature here

• Birchfoot
      April 26, 2019 at 2:05 am

Hey, Snow, I know exactly what you’re going through. I’m someone who’s had to deal with picking and biting my nails and biting at my lips for a really long time, and I know how much it sucks <3 I'm sorry you're dealing with it

For me personally, I think a lot of the reasons I tend to pick are anxiety related. And when I'm in particularly anxiety inducing situations (like tests!! I used to do it a lot more than I do now but yeah I used to waste time on tests because I couldn't stop picking), I will pick and pick and pick at my fingernails. While the problem has not gone away really, I've found that trying to deal with the root anxiety can help. If I find I'm picking because I'm really anxious, I will try to do something else that I find more calming instead, like breathing exercises, or I will fidget with something else (I find knotting and untying hair elastics to be really helpful) to try and stop from picking <3

Another thing that helps me if I'm picking and don't even notice, which also happens, is that the first time I notice it, I'll force myself to sit with my hands on my knees and my fingers completely spread out. That way, it's basically impossible for me to pick at them and eventually, I can distract myself enough that I won't want to anymore

I'm sorry you're going through this!! It's definitely really frustrating when people think it's just a silly habit, because oftentimes it's a lot more complicated than that - and I'm sorry that your parents don't entirely understand <3 <3 I hope your hands get better *huggles*

4. YuliGurriel1
    April 24, 2019 at 2:34 am

Guys I need some advice:
    So my friend came over today after his golf practice. He said this other kid called him a girl and kicked him in the nuts. Should I get involved or not? Because I am more muscular than my friend and he said could you say something to the kid? I need some advice (please help!)

hermes

• April 24, 2019 at 3:23 am

You shouldn’t get into a physical fight with the other kid. However, the other kid kicking your friend in that area is not ok at all. You should tell an adult, such as the golf instructor/coach. You can also tell that kid that what he did wasn’t ok, and have your friend ask the kid to stop. Hope that helps, and stay safe! <3

gold’s fake & real love hurts

• YuliGurriel1
        April 24, 2019 at 3:29 am

Thank you for your advice Raven! I am not looking for a fight and I don’t like fights. When I go to school tomorrow, I will tell my friend to go tell the principal or something.
        I like your signature by the way!

hermes

• Fally
      April 24, 2019 at 5:21 pm

Like Raven said, you shouldn’t get into a physical fight with the other kid. I would tell him to knock it off and if he doesn’t, tell your coach or another trusted adult what he is doing. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• YuliGurriel1
        April 24, 2019 at 5:52 pm

😄

hermes

• April 25, 2019 at 1:23 am

No. Never get involved in other people’s drama. It will only end up messier and worse for all of you. You can always privately support your friend though! It shows how good of a friend you are that you want to support him! Tell your friend to tell the coach. Also, calling someone a girl isn’t an insult.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

5. April 24, 2019 at 4:01 am

I really hate how my family thinks it’s a good idea to see me (in their words) ‘overreact’ whenever one of them purposefully turns on another water appliance in the house on while I’m taking a shower. I know it’s on purpose too, I checked to see if the washing machine was on before I took a shower today…it was not on before I got in, but it was definitely on when I got out.

I can’t even take a freaking shower without it lasting 5 minutes at best because of some jerk in my house (usually my dad does this) turning on an appliance that will definitely make the water freezing cold when I’m inside it. It happens every time I take a shower, and I’ve sometimes had to put the water on scalding hot just for the water to be bearable whenever my family does that to me, because it’s really cold whenever the water gets freezing.

ketchup is a smoothie

• YuliGurriel1
      April 24, 2019 at 4:03 am

The same thing happens to me!

hermes

• Fally
      April 24, 2019 at 5:23 pm

Ugh, that really sucks, I’m so sorry Hazy. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• April 25, 2019 at 1:24 am

Oh no, I’m sorry. That’s really mean. You should talk to your family about how much it bothers you. They probably think it’s just a funny joke. You could also try showering when they’re not home and turning on appliances while they’re taking a shower. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• April 25, 2019 at 3:54 am

Oh, that sounds horrible, Hazy, I’m so sorry <3

gold’s fake & real love hurts

6. Winterwhisper, BlogTeam Edition
    April 24, 2019 at 7:35 am

I’m recovering from influenza. :/ I had feinting spells this morning. I’m feeling better now though, but I had to cancel some of my plans.

What is so impossible?

• YuliGurriel1
      April 24, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Aww. Hope you get way better!

hermes

• nAVY
      April 24, 2019 at 3:48 pm

*hugs*

• Emberblaze
      April 24, 2019 at 5:20 pm

Hope you get better. *hugs*

Well Done ~The Afters

• Fally
      April 24, 2019 at 5:24 pm

I hope you feel 100% soon! It really sucks that you had to cancel some of your plans, I’m really sorry you had to cancel things. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• April 25, 2019 at 1:25 am

Aww I’m sorry about that Win. Recovery is a slow road, but it’ll come eventually. Get lots of rest and drink lots of water. I know this is a painfully slow process, but don’t over-exert yourself. That will only make recovery take longer. Feel better soon! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

7. April 24, 2019 at 7:44 pm

Some songs I find really uplifting, or just are really nice to listen to, and you guys should listen to them if you feel down ! It really helps me feel better

On top of the world – Imagine Dragons
    Shelter – idk who it’s by sorry
    Wake me Up – Avicii
    Weather – A Story Told
    Fire on fire – Sam Smith
    Barking at the Moon – Jenny Lewis
    I thought I lost you – from the bolt soundtrack
    Netflix Trip – AJR
    I knew you once – Hollie Allen
    Shot At the Night – The killers
    Don’t Let me Down – The Chainsmokers
    Sunflower – Post Malone
    Find me – Sigma

I have more, if you guys would like to know some other songs I listen to to pick up my mood just say

Somewhere that’s Green

• Moonstripe
      April 24, 2019 at 8:24 pm

Hi Mapledrift love you art

• April 24, 2019 at 10:25 pm

Imagine Dragons

머리아프다

• Cedartalon
      April 25, 2019 at 1:07 am

netflix trip is honestly hilarious to me

I trust the artist molding me

• April 25, 2019 at 2:17 am

Connection – OneRepublic
      East of Eden – Zella Day
      Wherever You Are – Steven Universe

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

8. Shiverfur
    April 24, 2019 at 8:31 pm

I’m so scared of academic failure. Like, really scared.
    I have my mock exams in 2 weeks and I haven’t done much revision and I’m really scared – if I get below a C in any exam then I have to retake the year
    I can never just sit down and w o r k. I’m never focused or anything and I always end up doing something else.
    My parents are always complaining about how I never do work when I’m actually t r y i n g to do some. Idk what to do.
    For one of my subjects I’m so lost and idk where to start,,,,i barely know anything and always get distracted in class. Last week it got really bad and my teacher sent me out of class for talking.

Idk I’m probably being dramatic and I’ve complained about this before so sorry bout that :c
    UGhHhh

the poor gUYs head is spinning

• YuliGurriel1
      April 24, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Same thing happens to me when I have my MCA’s. I always fidget around and get really nervous. It happens to everyone!

hermes

• Cedartalon
      April 24, 2019 at 8:43 pm

something i do when its hard to focus is just go in my closet and work there. the only light is the laptop and it helps me stay calm and focused. you can give yourself rewards if you do well or work for 15 mins+ nonstop. hope it helps!

• Moonstripe
      April 24, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Not sure how to help but hugs and anyway 🙁

• Shadefrost
      April 25, 2019 at 12:02 am

Same, Shiv, I totally relate, ugh my finals are coming and I’ve already started studying just because of your fear. For some reason, whenever I put headphones (not earbuds!!!) on, I can focus. Maybe make a space for yourself so you can concentrate! I really hope you can find something right for you! <3 huggles

WYATT BLUE GRASSI-HOYING

• April 25, 2019 at 2:21 am

Oh gosh Shivy, I definitely know how you feel. I’m the same way with studying. Music is sometimes really helpful and sometimes not at all, but it’s always worth a shot. Try taking frequent but short breaks (set timers) or multitasking. A lot of times I’ll try and multitask between different projects, chipping away at all of them little by little. Maybe talk to your teachers about some study tools you could use that are game based so you can focus better? Quizlet has some good ones. Also, studying a little bit each day is better than cramming the day before – and that’s probably more helpful for you anyway. Good luck on your exams!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      April 25, 2019 at 4:52 pm

I’m sorry Shivy. <3 Sometimes listening to some music can help (sometimes it's more distracting though). If you feel yourself panicking or losing focusing, take deep breathes and refocus on your task. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

9. April 24, 2019 at 9:00 pm

School started recently. I already have so much to do and now I’m up all night trying to get it done or trying to stop worrying about it. I have no one to turn to anymore about anything. Everyone at school automatically hates me just for having autism (but why???) and I don’t feel close enough with my family to be open with them. I hate everything. Everything sucks. People are the worst

Butter is love

• Moonstripe
      April 25, 2019 at 1:47 am

Hugs but not sure how to help 🙁

• April 25, 2019 at 2:24 am

That’s so stupid that everyone hates you. You’re awesome!! I’m so sorry. Take a deep breath. Start your stuff earlier and get it done in little breaks at school. (I do a bunch on my phone at recess sometimes.) You could ask people like us, online friends, who are taking or have taken similar courses. School is always hard, but it usually gets a little easier once you get into the rhythm of it. Best of luck! *huggles*

autism buddy!!

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      April 25, 2019 at 4:54 pm

I’m sorry. <3 I don't know why everyone would hate you, you're awesome and wonderful and amazing! <3 If you have any breaks at school I would try working on things during those. And make sure you get enough sleep, your well-being is important and being sleep-deprived might take away your focus. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

10. YuliGurriel1
    April 25, 2019 at 12:24 am

I just got home from my game, but I am sad and something happened to me, So here goes nothing:
    It was the 2nd inning of my game, I hit the ball into center and it dropped right in front of the center fielder, I got to first. The next play, my coach gave me the steal sign, so I stole second, anddddd. I broke my collarbone. It hurt bad and it still hurts. I won’t be able to play baseball for a month or two. I am super sad now. 😢

hermes

• April 25, 2019 at 3:57 am

Oh StarClan! That sounds painful, I’m so sorry. 🙁 Maybe ice it or take some painkillers, or talk to your doctor for more ideas. I hope it gets better soon. Hugs! <3

Some cookies: 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪
      Some ice cream: 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦
      Some cake: 🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂🎂

gold’s fake & real love hurts

• Fally
      April 25, 2019 at 4:55 pm

Oh no, that’s terrible, I’m so sorry. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!