The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
There is also a helpline that is run by another UK charity (the NSPCC) called Childline, and they deal with any issues which cause distress or concern in young people up to 19.
Childline UK: 0800 1111

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

30,249 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. October 14, 2019 at 12:39 am

I’ve come to the conclusion that people suck.
    I hate being pressured to grow up, and all my girlfriends are catty and all my guy friends are just dumb. ):

• Sweets, Pumpkin Spice Edition
      October 14, 2019 at 1:45 am

Wait, wait, how long did it take you to figure this out?

Sweets4SW!!!!!!

• October 14, 2019 at 6:45 am

People are just different. I felt like everything was perfect til I moved halls; and according to my parents, a lot of stuff was happening that we didn’t know about. And I just went to an assembly where my friends were attending too, and Artfeather was always going up to talk to Saffronwish and sitting with her at lunch.

We four talked for a bit, but then they walked away(without saying see you later) and took selfies and dumb stuff like that. They were also giggling about inside jokes. And Rowanpaw and Darkpaw are just plain dumb now. ):
        My friends are changing, and today I felt like crying because of that. And I hate people THINKING I totally want things to change and I want to grow up quickly, so they start pushing me to. It just sucks.

• Spooky Fally
      October 14, 2019 at 3:00 pm

I’m sorry Blossom dear. ❤️ It definitely sounds like those friends aren’t friends to keep. If they’re trying to pressure you into things you don’t want to do, that’s not real friendship. To meet new people, you could try joining clubs or teams through school or your community. Or you could try picking something like martial arts or dance up and take local classes to make friends. Feel better! *hugs* ❤️ ❤️ ❤️

geese ftw

• October 14, 2019 at 5:06 pm

Mhm 🙁 *huggless*

Wow I wonder.

• October 14, 2019 at 7:50 pm

*Hugs* No one should pressure you to grow up, you can only be a kid once. There’s plenty of time to be old later….I personally hope I am able to channel my inner five year old even when Im seventy or some big number like that.

:[

2. Plipplop (Snowpuff)
    October 15, 2019 at 6:18 pm

I honestly don’t know how to feel about this.

3 kids in my hometown got hit by a car in a hit and run. They were okay, but dang was it surreal. The worst thing is that the driver has been identified, but they are STILL on the run last time I checked. I just pray that those kids are alright.

Still waiting for that room...

3. October 16, 2019 at 1:49 am

Agh I’m so stressed out right now. I have two position papers for Model UN due tomorrow and its taking me so long to find the info I need. I’ve been working for an hour (plus about 45 minutes yesterday) and I’m only about a third done with one. I don’t know how I’m going to get these done. Well, off to write two papers for the most stressful club in the world.

:[

• October 16, 2019 at 4:04 am

Yay the first ones done….

:[

• October 16, 2019 at 8:14 am

Yay! I’m sorry. Writing papers is NOT fun especially for clubs. Don’t worry, Flamecloud, you’ll get through it. Try listening to songs perhaps and take rests in between to refresh your mind. May StarClan help you!

*...what an awkward situation*

• October 16, 2019 at 1:06 pm

Awwww that sucks 🙁 *huggles!* Flame <3333 I wish you luck! You can do it! <33333

Wow I wonder.

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Aw I’m sorry Flame. ❤️ You can do this! Take a deep breath, and focus on one thing at a time. If you feel yourself getting frustrated, set it aside and work on something else. Good luck! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

4. Spooky Blossomkit! Boo! (Blossy)
    October 16, 2019 at 5:59 am

So I started 5th grade a month ago, and now I to think some of my friends aren’t going to my middle school and that makes me sad. Redkit thinks she going to horizon, so does dustkit. (My friend who is a guy) I can’t confirm these, but if they’re true that would be sad. But, it isn’t that big of a deal and they’ll just go to whatever school they
    ‘re assigned 🙂
    I’ll miss them but, yeah

MeOw KeRcHoW

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 3:59 pm

I’m sorry Blossy dear. ❤️ Do you have their phone numbers/email addresses so you can keep in touch? And it’s also good to remember that while you might lose some friends, there will also be many opportunities to make new ones! You could join some clubs and teams, or try to sit with new people at lunch. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• Spooky Blossomkit! Boo! (Blossy)
        October 16, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Yeah, I’m just nervous for middle school, thanks ❤️

MeOw KeRcHoW

5. October 16, 2019 at 8:11 am

I’m so stressed. A best friend of mine, let’s call her Breezewing, has been writing a new book of hers. And she seems to have copied several of my ideas and characters (only changed the names and some descriptions) from Darkest Forest and Moonrise in it, like the pack idea and the evil cat idea. My protagonist were a silver tabby she-cat with emerald green eyes. Her protagonist is a silver tabby she-cat TOO but with silver eyes. I feel betrayed for she was one of the first persons I shared my books with and nonetheless, we were pretty close. I wonder if I’m making mountains out of molehills since one sister of one of my best friends, we’ll call her Briarflight, had messaged me with a rant about Breezewing since Briarflight and her sister (my best friend) had been writing a book together but some of their ideas had popped up in Breezewing’s books. I don’t know what to think. Are my dumb mind being wrongly suspicious of Breezewing because of some friend’s assumptions?

Please, I need some hugs.

P.S: Sorry about my rant.

*...what an awkward situation*

• October 16, 2019 at 9:11 am

Breezewing had also taken some of the minor ideas of my book but noticing it, I hadn’t said anything. Should I speak up? What should I do?

*...what an awkward situation*

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 4:01 pm

Aw I’m sorry Ivyla. ❤️ I would definitely speak up; it’s possible she’s doing that because she really likes your ideas, but that’s still not okay. If she keeps doing it, tell an adult – stealing another person’s ideas and creations isn’t cool. Perhaps you could give her some different ideas she could start from and run with. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

6. October 16, 2019 at 3:36 pm

Agghh okay I just need to rant a little bit.
    So the other day at school, I was in Fitness. The PE teacher said that if you wanted extra credit for your grade, you could follow the school’s sport’s account on Instagram and show him that you did it. And can I just say, THAT IS TOTALLY NOT AN APPROPRIATE ASSIGNMENT. Like I understand the teacher wanting the students to follow the sport’s account, but making it extra credit? This especially isn’t fair, because I don’t even have social media. So I don’t even have the opportunity to get the extra credit. It’s just frustrating 🙁.

Vouch4Fawny <3

• Kat
      October 16, 2019 at 3:48 pm

Hmm, maybe bring it up to the higher-ups at your school? Or even just the teacher? It really isn’t a fair assignment–lots of kids aren’t allowed to have social media, or in general not have access to do so.

Be excellent to each other.

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 4:03 pm

Ugh that really sucks, I’m sorry Fawny. ❤️ I would do what Kat said – definitely talk to the teacher, or the higher-ups, because that is a very unfair assignment. A lot of people assume that everyone has social media, but that’s not true. Stand up not just for yourself, but for anyone else in your class that doesn’t have social media, too. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

7. Plipplop (Snowpuff)
    October 16, 2019 at 4:27 pm

Welp, I had an interesting couple of days

I accidentally pushed myself too hard in karate so my back kills, I ripped my folder and my anxiety decided to keep myself up all night due to that, 3 kids got hit by a car in my hometown, and I drank way too much coffee and are now jittery as hecc.

Still waiting for that room...

• October 16, 2019 at 4:46 pm

That sucks 🙁 *huggles* 🙁 I do karate too, so I understand <333 Maybe you should drink some water?

Wow I wonder.

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 8:42 pm

Aw I’m sorry. ❤️For your back, you could try to do some light stretching, and take it easy for the next few days. Were any of the papers in your folder damaged? If they weren’t, you could try tucking them into your corresponding notebook for a couple days, until you can get a new folder. And hopefully the kids that were hit are okay! Have you heard anything new about them since your last post? *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• Plipplop (Snowpuff)
        October 16, 2019 at 11:26 pm

They are alright, but what happened to the driver I have no idea. My papers were alright, I just hate how my anxiety functions.

Still waiting for that room...

8. Lightningpaw(Lightingshadow)
    October 16, 2019 at 5:43 pm

Guys, my grandma has cancer. I lost my papa already, and now her? I’m so done…..

• October 16, 2019 at 5:55 pm

aw! I’m so sorry to hear that Lighningpaw! I don’t know what to say… hugs

*...what an awkward situation*

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Oh no, I’m so sorry Lightning. ❤️ Depending on how far along the cancer is, it’s possible she could still live. My grandmother has had cancer (twice) and she’s still around (not in the best of health, but still). Cherish your memories with her, spend as much as time as you can with her now, and if she does pass remember that she would no longer be in any pain. Stay strong dear! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• October 16, 2019 at 9:52 pm

I’m so sorry :((((((( I wish her and you the best <33333 I'll pray for her <333 *huggles* Lightning <33

Wow I wonder.

• Briarpaw and Pumpkins
      October 17, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Ahh I’m so sorry!!!

• October 18, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Sorry, Lightningpaw! I promise I’ll pray for her!

Infinite huggles for you!

9. Anonymous
    October 16, 2019 at 6:06 pm

Help everyone. I just don’t know what to do. I’m always tired and I feel so overwhelmed. My grades are going down every day.

• Spooky Fally
      October 16, 2019 at 9:12 pm

I’m sorry Anon. ❤️ I think the first thing you need to do is reach out to your teachers. Explain to them that you are struggling and that you need help. And don’t be afraid to ask questions in, before, or after class. Your teachers are here to help you succeed, and they want you to succeed. They don’t want to see you fail. ❤️ If you can, see if your friends or classmates are interested in making a study group. That way you can all help each other out and answer each other’s questions. If you have a friend or if one of your parents understands the topic you’re having trouble with, you can always try to ask them for help. You can also try getting a tutor – they can be incredibly helpful!

If you score low on a particular test or assignment, you should try asking if you can retake the test. I don’t know if other schools have this, but mine has an assessment improvement plan where the teachers go over missed questions and you can earn half the credit back. It would definitely be worthwhile looking into something like this if your school/teacher has it. I would also complete any extra credit opportunities that come up, or ask for a way to get extra credit when you score low on something.

In relation to being tired, don’t try to pull all-nighters to get homework or assignments done. They pretty much never help, and if you get anything done it’s not going to be your best work anyway. It’ll also make you feel pretty bad the next day, and that doesn’t go well when you’re learning or test-taking. Go to bed each night at a reasonable time, and if you can’t get everything done that evening you can always work on the homework the next day on the way to school. And when you’re doing your homework, take each assignment one thing at a time – if you feel yourself getting overwhelmed or frustrating, take a deep breath, set it aside, and either take a break or work on something else.

You can bring your grades up; I believe in you! Good luck! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• October 16, 2019 at 9:53 pm

*huggles*

Wow I wonder.

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      October 17, 2019 at 11:50 pm

*hugs*

Scars~I AM THEY

10. October 16, 2019 at 9:50 pm

I just need hugs. I feel like my grandmother thinks nothing good of me and always sides with my little sister. I’m crying as I write this and I just don’t know what to do. I can’t explain all the awful happenings of today, but me and my sister had a fight, and basically my grandmother said, “She’s older, so you’d think she’d be more responsible?”

So my feelings don’t matter because I’m older, is that right???? I’m supposed to stay calm and let myself practically be bullied by my little sister? Shut out my feelings and let myself be expected to have unlimited patience???? I’m only human!
    She said other things that hinted she doesn’t like me, but I don’t want to explain the whole. I don’t have the energy right now..
    But my sister just plunges my life into misery more than half the time. My grandmother likes my little sister more, and I’m just… I don’t know.

Wow I wonder.

11. Plipplop (Snowpuff)
    October 17, 2019 at 1:11 am

Yet another thing I need to be getting off my chest. While I may be a teenager, I have a life too. My parents aren’t too controlling, but the school is. They give too much homework, which at first my mother thought I was exaggerating until I stayed up until 10:00 completing ONE assignment, and I can no longer get any amount of sleep. I wake up too early and going to bed earlier is not an option, as homework takes that up. I am relying of coffee to replace my sleep . I am still a child. I thought this was normal until I told my therapist who said otherwise. I am ruining my life trying to get good grades. Also, I go to a public school, which this stuff typically happens in private schools.

Still waiting for that room...

• October 17, 2019 at 2:09 am

I’m sorry 🙁 I’m homeschooled, so I can’t help <333 but *huggles* Plippy <33333333

Wow I wonder.

• Moonpaw(leap)
      October 17, 2019 at 2:13 am

I hear ya (ok it’s not that bad for me) but when I have rehearsal for theater, I usually get home around 5, and if I have to go somewhere after that, I’m usually doing homework right up to bedtime, and I have to wake up at 5:20 to get to the bus, and when it gets closer to winter I bet I’ll be going to the stop when the suns not even up yet. I don’t really get why the youngest people in my district, the elementary kids,grades 1-5 need to go to the bus around 8, the high schoolers 9-12 even later, but the middle schoolers,6 (me) -8 have to wake up and leave an hour before??

12. juni
    October 17, 2019 at 1:43 am

since people missed the point of my comment a few pages back:

im jealous of people who enjoy art and do inktober.
    im jealous of ppl who can actually art.
    im jealous of ppl whose art is actually loved.

• October 17, 2019 at 1:39 pm

Oh Juni, how about you draw something for us? No matter how bad you think it is, we will love it! And if you think you need to improve, watch youtube videos of tutorials and just draw whatever you see if you can daily, if you are able too! Leaf, bird, chair, cat, plant, phone, a character from a movie or book, a made up character of your own, a snow leopard… anything at all! You can ask around BlogClan for tips on art also! Seek advice from artists you admire. No body, no body is born with the perfect skill. You have to learn it. How? By just literally drawing! 😀 That’s how, over time, you get amazing at it. <3333 *huggles* Juni!!!

Wow I wonder.

• October 17, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Maybe you should find some art that you want to do? It doesn’t have to be like, living things. You can draw weird designs or stuff like that. I lost track of everyone’s art, but I know without even looking that someone as amazing as you must have amazing art. <3 <3 And I know your art is loved, Juni, even if you don't know it <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• October 19, 2019 at 3:28 am

It’s all practice and work, Juni, I promise <3 I'm doing Foxtober in hopes I can improve – if a day's piece turns out like crap, oh well – just keep going and move on. I get so, so jealous of other people too, but just remind myself that they wouldn't be anywhere without practice and hard work. They dedicated themselves to their craft, and that's all that matters. You can do Inktober no matter what level you are, and the important thing is that you keep trying. I always thought art wasn't hard, that it just took a little work and than BAM beautiful art, thousands of followers and fans. Nope. I may only have 75 followers, most of which are BlogClanners or people I know irl, but I'm gonna keep trying because I love art, and I want to be really good one day. Everybody's art journey is different, I promise. Please don't feel upset. It's perfectly reasonable, but remember just how hard those you admire have worked – and you can do it to. The difference between top artists and beginners is not natural talent, it's just hours upon hours of practice. <3

🍭 Step Into My Candy Store 🍭

13. October 17, 2019 at 12:46 pm

my knee hurts . I think I have runners knee and I can barely put wait on my leg due to it . I have gym today and am just miserable . Its also the time of the month which most of us hate with a passion ( I still have to dress out because I have longer shorts due to the school ones being uncomfortably short during the time of the month . ) . it’s not gonna be a good day for me .

He stepped on a Thistle

• October 18, 2019 at 3:22 am

If you have runner’s knee, you can always tell your gym teacher and/or the school nurse, and they have to let you sit out. Also, if it’s that time of the month, just tell that to the coach and they won’t make you participate. You can tell them privately for your privacy. 🙂

#Viper4SW!

• October 18, 2019 at 4:24 pm

the problem is that I need a note from a parent and I don’t have one . my legs nearly given multiple times today while walking in the halls and going up the stairs .

He stepped on a Thistle