28,719 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Emberblaze (Emb) Wants Snow
    December 3, 2019 at 6:06 am

Here’s a quote for anyone that is having a hard time. “It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life.” ~ Jean Luc Picard

Scars~I AM THEY

2. Mapledrift
    December 3, 2019 at 6:53 pm

I just feel awful today ugh it started off well until about like,,,,, I don’t know about 9 ? Then it just went really, really downhill. I just feel so stressed and upset and frustrated and ughhhhh all of the time
    I don’t want to talk to anyone but at the same time I do…Ugh yeah, I feel like foxdung

• Birchfoot
      December 3, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Maple, I’m going to say this because I love you. You need to talk to someone. We love you so much and want to help you but we can’t help as much as a trained professional like a therapist. If you can’t access a therapist, please call one of these hotlines; the people running them are trained in how to help those who felt like they’ve reached rock bottom. They know how to help and they want to help you <3

For a quick list, here are some hotlines that I've found for people in the UK (just in case!):
      – 111, option 2 (National health Services' First Response Service; not available in all areas of the country, but I imagine that if you live near concentrated areas of population like London, it's likely available for you);
      – 116 123 (Samaritans Helpline)
      – 85258 (Shout; 24/7 crisis text service)

• Mapledrift
        December 4, 2019 at 8:31 am

I wish I could do that easily. I don’t want my parents to find out as they have a bad attitude to mental health, and that means I have to call when when i’m home alone which doesn’t happen very often 🙁 but thank youuuuu

• Birchfoot
          December 7, 2019 at 4:49 pm

I understand the difficulty <3 But we're all here for you if you call when they're out, or if you take a walk and call them <3 <3

• Secret Gift Potato shhhhh 🌸(Blueflower)💙
      December 4, 2019 at 3:36 pm

What Birchy said! Please Maple, talk to someone. We all love you so so much and we want to help you!
      <3<3<3

• Festive Fallenshadows
      December 4, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Aw Maple, I am so so sorry that you’re feeling this way. You are a truly special and wonderful person, and you deserve so much better. ❤️ Please listen to what Birchy said – you need to talk to someone. We can only do so much. I know it might feel scary or awkward, but it will really help. You can do this! Stay strong. *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• December 4, 2019 at 8:35 pm

You can also call childline.

• December 4, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I truly don’t know what to say…

Love you, Maple <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• December 5, 2019 at 12:50 am

Please, Maple! This isn’t okay. Please get help- there’s only so much BlogClan can do. We all love you and want you to be happy- so do what Birchy said!
      stay strong, Maple <33333333

this comment was a mistake

• Dovestream loves snow
      December 5, 2019 at 5:14 pm

Hope you get better, maple!
      P.S its nice to hear from you again!
      I came back from inactive yesterday!
      It’s ok if you are having a bad day1
      Hop this makes you feel better!

View post on imgur.com

• December 5, 2019 at 9:06 pm

Thanks Dovey 🙂
        Its less I’m having a bad day and more depression and stuff, but the picture made me smile, thank you <3

Somewhere that’s Green

• December 5, 2019 at 6:34 pm

What Birchy said, Maple :(( *loving hugsss*

Bring on the Festive Food!!

• Snowbreeze
      December 6, 2019 at 2:55 pm

I’d do what Birchy suggests – and stay safe, I’m sorry you feel bad <3

• December 7, 2019 at 4:51 pm

What Birchy said. ^^ I’m so so sorry, Maple! Please talk to someone, we all love you and that’s the truth. <3333

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

3. December 5, 2019 at 12:47 am

so guys… i’m really worried
    i’m probably overreacting (i tend to do that because i always come up with the worst-case scenario) but my friend pikachupaw hasn’t spoken to me or peacockpaw… since friday
    no, she’s not avoiding us, but she hasn’t texted us all weekend and didn’t show up to school on tuesday or today. she doesn’t text that often anyway, but she at least does it a few times a weekend. even the teacher’s a little concerned now, because she hasn’t had a single day absent yet
    and what really unsettles me is that the last text she sent to me was
    “ok if you’re wondering why i deleted a bunch of messages it’s because they were really depressing and might make you depressed too
    only after i sent them i realized how depressing it sounded”
    that really put some thoughts into my head
    at first i responded in my normal playful tone while asking her why she sent them
    then after she didn’t respond, the next day i said “pikachupaw it’s okay you can tell me i won’t mind”
    then i started to get worried and was soon spamming “PIKACHUPAW WHAT HAPPENED” in the group chat and private chat
    the teacher says that if she doesn’t come tomorrow she’ll call her parents and ask
    peacockpaw keeps saying she’s probably *more likely scenario here* but the worst case scenarios are staying in my head and i really doubt her for some reason
    help guys i’m more worried than i should be

this comment was a mistake

• December 5, 2019 at 3:06 am

Do you have contact with her parents? Or a sibling of hers? Do your parents have contact with her parents? If so, try getting information from those sources. If not, or you are getting this too late, just wait calmly for an answer when your teacher calls her parents. If you don’t get anything from that, maybe try going to her house or actually calling her instead of text.

It’s probably not the worst case scenario, but it’s better that you’re worried rather than completely uncaring. At least if you embarrass yourself because you were so worried, she’ll know you actually really care for her.

I hope everything’s alright <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• Shadow
        December 5, 2019 at 3:21 am

no I don’t have contact so I’m just going to wait for the teacher to call or she if she shows up tommorow
        and peacockpaw is starting to get worried too- more than she was at school today
        I hope everything’s fine too

• Monkeyfur
      December 5, 2019 at 5:11 am

Hmmm maybe you can try asking her parents like the teacher said and maybe instead of spamming her “Pikachupaw what happened,” maybe you can change it to, “Pikachupaw, I am here for you and if you need help, you can always talk to me about it.” Or something like that but I hope she is okay!

Moky by Gold

• December 5, 2019 at 6:31 am

^What Blue said. I hope she’s okay, Shadow. I’m sorry to hear that! <333333333

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

• Festive Fallenshadows
      December 5, 2019 at 2:55 pm

I’m so sorry Shadow. ❤️ I think you’re right to be worried; something doesn’t seem right. Do you have contact info for Pikachupaw’s parents/siblings or even another relative? If you do, get in touch with them and explain that you’re worried. If you can’t, then maybe ask the teacher who’s going to call her parents for updates. In the mean time, make sure Pikachupaw knows that you are there for her. Hopefully it isn’t the worst case scenario! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• December 6, 2019 at 3:29 am

okay guys so update
      she still isn’t responding and isn’t reading texts either
      peacockpaw is just as concerned as i am now
      the teacher says she got no useful information- i think she means that her parents didn’t pick up
      which is really strange- and pikachupaw not coming to school when she worries about missing a single period is strange enough
      we might have a lead though- she has a sister in grade 4
      i think we’ll check if her sister comes to school tomorrow- is she doesn’t, something REALLY fishy is going on with the whole family…
      if she does, then we SPAM HER WITH QUESTIONS SAYING “WHERE’S YOUR SISTER IS SOMETHING WRONG”
      and if pikachupaw doesn’t come to school tomorrow, she’ll have not spoken to us for over a week
      the fact that her parents didn’t pick up either is really worrying me
      i don’t know what happened
      i don’t have much hope she’ll come tomorrow, either… or find her sister…
      and yet my days and lessons go on normally
      oblivious to the fact that my friend just disappeared and i’m getting worried every hour or so
      guess we’ll have to see tomorrow- to (likely not) find the answer to The Mystery Of The Missing Pikachupaw™ (worked better with her real name because it started with an M)
      wow update longer than i intended

this comment was a mistake

• December 6, 2019 at 6:04 pm

I’m sorry this is happening, Shadow <3 Have you found out anything new since this update? I really hope everything is okay for you guys and Pikachupaw.

🍭 Step Into My Candy Store 🍭

• December 6, 2019 at 9:53 pm

Just stay calm and try to get as much info as possible whenever you can. <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• December 7, 2019 at 6:01 pm

Oh no I’m really sorry, what Blue said and I hope Pickachupaw is alright :(((

Bring on the Festive Food!!

4. December 5, 2019 at 3:17 am

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don’t go on the hug page too often, because usually I don’t feel like I’m qualified to give any advice to other people, especially when I can’t even dig myself out of own sad little cave.
    I just…. uuuuugggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Lately I just feel like such trashhhh. I’ll be drawing or playing with my doggos, and I’ll be happy and it’ll be all good, but then it’s like the world flips a switch and my brain activates sad mode. I don’t know how to get out of it, and my normal coping methods don’t seem to be working lately. It’s like I’m having these insane mood swings but it only becomes sad. It’s not like 24/7, but it’ll happen maybe a few times a week with different intensities. High school is stressful and I can start to feel the toll that it’s taking on me. I used to be the earliest bird in the morning, but now I can barely get myself to get out of bed, and I’ll mostly just lay in bed awake until I have to get up or until I need to go to the bathroom.

Basically, my brain is having sad boi times, I have no motivation, and I lay awake at night while becoming filled with existential dread. :’)

Vouch4Fawny <3

• December 5, 2019 at 3:51 am

ahhhhhhhh i’m sorry fawny *hugs* <3
      i can't give any advice either- i’m so sorry

this comment was a mistake

• Monkeyfur
      December 5, 2019 at 5:04 am

You can do this! Maybe you can ask your friends to help you with your homework. Try to have a growth mindset and think that you can do it! But if you need anymore help you can always come on the blog!
      HUGS!

Moky by Gold

• Festive Fallenshadows
      December 5, 2019 at 2:58 pm

I’m sorry Fawny dear. ❤️ If you haven’t already, talk to your parents/a teacher/a trusted adult. I really hope you better soon! *hugs* ❤️❤️❤️

geese ftw

• ❄️ Frost on Winter Fireplace (Frosto | Frostfire) ❄️
      December 6, 2019 at 12:46 am

I relate to this too much 🙁 I’m so sorry you have to go through this, Fawny. Since I’ve experienced similar things, I think it may be depression, which I have. Sadly, depression (or any mental illness, really), is very severe, so I’d recommend getting help – it’s definitely something no one person can deal with alone, and you shouldn’t have to. The only advice I have is to do something you really love doing a lot, and maybe looking forward to that activity will offset the sadness a bit (it did for me.) As for not falling asleep, which I also relate to, I recommend researching some drinks like tea that will help calm your brain. Stay strong *hugs* 💕

a frosty wonderland

• Snowbreeze
      December 6, 2019 at 2:53 pm

Sorry to hear you’re going through this <3 I'd suggest finding an adult you feel comfortable talking to, and if you'd like, talk to your friends – and as Monkeyfur said, you could see if they could help on your schoolwork if needed. What I'd suggest with the bed thing is to think of one thing worth getting up for. Maybe it's a tasty drink you'll know you will get, maybe it's because there's a blue sky and you want to see it, or maybe it's because even if you don't feel like it, taking small steps is important and it will help in the long run. Also, apparently logic/logical thinking like puzzles and such will help with nerves and sadness, things like that, so what I like to do is come up with a plan to help with whatever I'm feeling, if that sounds like it could work. *Hugs* <3

• December 7, 2019 at 4:52 pm

Awwwwwwww, I’m so sorry, Fawny! *hugs!* <33

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

• December 7, 2019 at 6:06 pm

I’ms so sorry :(((((( *HUGS* Fawny and we LY <3 I'm a moody person and have mood swings sometimes, and it can go that way for me too :\ I'm sorry… you could google new coping methods, maybe? *Loving HUGS* <3333333333

Bring on the Festive Food!!

5. December 5, 2019 at 6:55 pm

Not really a problem but…

I posted my fanfic back in september and nobody’s replied. it feels like everybody hates it or they couldn’t be bothered to read it.
    It’s called Littlemoon’s Journey

• December 6, 2019 at 3:32 am

ahh no Snowpaw! a lot of us don’t go on the fanfic page because we’re lazy, but your fanfic is absolutely amazing! there are a bunch of times a comment will go unnoticed
      to avoid this, you can put it on the wiki or on a secret page- if you want one, i’ll be happy to give you one <3

this comment was a mistake

6. December 5, 2019 at 9:37 pm

Hey ! I just thought I’d make a little thing because I’m bored / I think this’d be great , so here’s Maple’s Little Guide to Pronouns !!!! I won’t touch on gender topics too much as I’m not very knowledgeable !!!

, lets talk about pronouns !!!

Pronouns are the words people use when they talk about you ! So its like, she walked down the road, he went to the shops, and all that ! You’re probably very familiar with he and she ! But did you know there are other pronouns ?

There’s a wide range of more gender neutral pronouns out there, the most common one being they/ them. Now you may be wondering, how do I use these pronouns, and here is a handy little guide !!!!

Examples :

He walked down the road.
    They walked down the road.

That jumper is his.
    That jumper is theirs.

I love him !
    I love them !

Another pronoun some people use (including myself) are xe/xem pronouns. Now these take a little bit of getting used to, as at first they do seem very odd. Hopefully my examples can help you understand how to use them.

He walked down the road.
    Xe walked down the road.

Now, the equivalent to his is a little harder. I have found two versions, either xer, or xyr. I would recommend just asking the person who uses these pronouns which they prefer. (I’m chill with both personally), for this example we will use xyr

That is his jumper.
    That is xyr jumper.

I love him
    I love xem

Now there are many more pronouns, but I don’t feel experienced enough to speak on how to use them. Now, lets talk about why people might use these.

Firstly, pronouns can help with those struggling with gender dysphoria, as using pronouns that traditionally match their gender can really help with that. For example, a trans boy might request you use he / him pronouns to make him feel more comfortable, and an enby might ask you to use they/ them pronouns.

Another reason is simply certain pronouns might feel more comfortable. I know someone who identifies as female but wishes to use he/him pronouns because he feels comfortable with them. Whilst pronouns can equal gender, they don’t necessarily have to. I identify as female and use both xe/xem and she/her pronouns ! Pronouns are weird and wacky and feel free to experiment and use whichever you like !

How do you know what someone’s pronouns are ?

The easy question is to just ask, and then they can confirm what pronouns they would like you to use. And please, be respectful and try and use them, whether they are pronouns you are used to or not.

Somewhere that’s Green

• Cheetahspark
      December 6, 2019 at 4:15 am

This is very helpful, Maple! <3

❤️ Queen of Speed (& Xmas) 💚

• December 6, 2019 at 1:18 pm

honestly I’m so glad finnish is my native language and I’m sure all the nb and trans etc finns feel the same. We don’t have genderized pronouns so everyone is just “hän” and it’s the hugest help. I remember when we learned that english and many many many other languages have two pronouns and none of us got the logic behind it – it took a long time getting used to oh gosh I even remember asking my teacher what do the people say when talking about someone they’ve never seen or met and I think the reply was along the lines of “you just have to know it” and what all of this confused my nine year old brain 😛

in conclusion w h y do genderized pronouns even exist 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• Raven logged out
        December 7, 2019 at 4:36 am

In Chinese all the pronouns are pronounced the same way, but there are slight differences in how they are written, for example: male, female, inanimate objects, animals, and deities. I did research and before the 20th century, for all mortal humans, there was only one pronoun, but they added distinctions between male and female due to Western influence, but some people are just using the Romanized version “ta” instead.

• December 7, 2019 at 9:16 pm

oh gosh that’s amazing. I didn’t know that but honestly like,,,,,,,, why isn’t it like that for all languages
        what is the need for genderised pronouns

Somewhere that’s Green

• Monkeyfur
      December 7, 2019 at 8:58 am

Cool! This is helpful!
      I don’t mean this in an offensive way but what does xe/xem symbolize? like does it mean you don’t know what you are?

Moky by Gold

• December 7, 2019 at 3:02 pm

It doesn’t really symbolise anything tbh. To my knowledge I believe those pronouns might have originally been used by intersex people, but now they are generally used as gender neutral alternatives to other pronouns. Basically if you don’t want to use she/her or he/him they are an alternative ! Or, for people like me who just happen to connect with different pronouns, they just act as another option

Somewhere that’s Green

• December 7, 2019 at 7:10 pm

What is gender dysphoria? I’ve heard about it, but i don’t know what it is.

☀️In need of a mentor!😛 ☀️

• Birchfoot
        December 7, 2019 at 7:24 pm

I’m cis, so I don’t know if I have it right, but I think the idea is that you experience a great deal of distress about your gender/body. While not all trans people experience it, many do, as they might feel that their gender doesn’t often line up with their body.

7. December 6, 2019 at 9:46 pm

I’m so scared. My grandmother said she’s feeling lumps in her stomach, and her mother, my great grandmother died of stomach cancer a couple of years ago. She says she’s in pain and she’s getting it checked today, but I’m really scared and worried.
    What if its cancer?
    I mean, she says she’s having some digestive problems, so I hope it’s just something like that, but I don’t want to lose my grandma.

☀️In need of a mentor!😛 ☀️

• Emberblaze (Emb) Wants Snow
      December 7, 2019 at 8:59 pm

*hugs* Hope it’s not cancer. Know that everyone on Blogclan is hoping for the best.

Scars~I AM THEY

8. Shadow
    December 6, 2019 at 10:13 pm

so scrolling up you’ll see what I posed about pikachupaw being missing
    well
    today, we got a major puzzle piece
    and oh how I wish it wasn’t true
    turns out pikachupaw’s sister was going to school and of course we popped in at lunch to get answers
    we didn’t understand at the time but she was saying ‘hallway’ and trying to quickly mumble out hr answers to us because she didn’t want anyone else hearing
    but we stayed in the classroom
    so she laughed nd mumbled, ‘hospital’
    peacockpaw asked if she got hurt
    her sister said, ‘no, someone said something to her’
    and we left after that because she wasn’t going t9 say something else
    and I lost my fricking mind
    so did peacockpaw, and she guessed it was more of a psychological injury
    later we realized that she was saying hallway, saying that she wanted to talk in the hallway
    so if we’d gone into the hallway, we could’ve gotten so many more answers
    we told the teacher and provided maybe-clues
    she said she’d try contacting her parents again
    I swear I was almost shaking and just wanted to scream
    just now my friend texted me that (since we’re all Asian) that Asian parents care about reputation and what people think about them, so that’s why they didn’t tell the school
    because it’s psychological
    so we’re slowly connecting the dots and I’m losing my mind while I’m at it
    I… really don’t know what to do now
    guys
    help

• December 6, 2019 at 11:24 pm

Calm down.

Try tomorrow, doing the exact same thing. Go to her sister and ask her if she’ll go in the hallway with you and say “I didn’t understand yesterday, let’s actually talk now.”

I hope you can figure everything out <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• Raven logged out
      December 7, 2019 at 4:47 am

From what I can deduce, I think Pikachupaw is in a mental care hospital, possibly for suicidal thoughts. I’m also Asian-American, and there’s a taboo on mental health in our culture, so that may be why the circumstances are so mysterious. Hugs for you and your friend. <3

• December 7, 2019 at 4:54 pm

What Blue and Raven said. ^^ hugsssssssss <33333333333

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

9. That's right it's shivy
    December 6, 2019 at 11:36 pm

I feel so crap right now ugh and this is pretty trivial but here goes
    basically me and my friend are doing a duet at musical theatre tomorrow and I was actually feeling pretty confident about it! but this boy started saying stuff on our group chat like “ive heard you both sing, and that’s a hard song, so idk ahahahahaha” and “im just being honest, I’m not sure it’ll work” and it made us so upset and angry at him for saying that

like WHY would you say that about someone? now I feel really nervous about going to drama and singing that song tomorrow and I really don’t wanna do it. he literally crushed all my confidence and was plain rude about it and expects me to be,,, okay with it??? and not be mad???
    like what am I supposed to do
    he literally said that we are bad at singing (when he hasn’t heard me sing in ages and I’ve really improved) and I feel so mad.
    I just feel so negative about it,, like im literally a kid singing a freaking song at a youth company and he thinks he’s some sort of Broadway star who can say whatever he likes about my singing?

sorry for ranting 🙁

• Cheetahspark
      December 7, 2019 at 12:35 am

okay yeah now I’m angry too. that is so not an okay thing to say and I’m so sorry about that jerk, shivy 🙁 I know there’s not much you can do after something like that happens but just remember what made you confident in the first place and think about how you’ll prove that guy wrong. good luck!! <3

❤️ Queen of Speed (& Xmas) 💚

• December 7, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Do what Cheetah said. Be confident and prove him wrong. Then go laugh in his face because he was an idiot and doubted you. Don’t feel nervous, you’ve got this, Shivy <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• December 7, 2019 at 4:58 pm

What Cheetah said ^^ You can do it, Shivy! <333 hugssssss!

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

10. December 6, 2019 at 11:53 pm

UGH.

Sunpaw strikes again.

I posted about my issues with Sunpaw a couple of weeks ago. I kept your advice in my head, but…

We are STILL paired together. I don’t have the courage yet to tell a teacher, and I haven’t built up the courage to talk to her, either. And I can’t talk to a counselor, because she is untrustworthy to keep your privacy. Today I had a sore throat, and Sunpaw was all over me. She does not respect personal space! She is also very talkative, and I tried avoiding talking to her (my throat was killing me), and I don’t think she noticed, but then I had to start talking for school purposes. I wasn’t ready to talk to her yet, or even write a note. Instead, I tried giving cues throughout the day that she might be too close to me than I wanted.

Turns out she isn’t good at reading cues, so she didn’t take the hint.

Yesterday, I went to stand by myself in an area in school where no one was and I realized how much I missed personal space and being by myself, especially with no Sunpaw right next to me. I’ve also noticed that my friends are getting closer to each other and while they do still consider me in their friend group (Sunpaw included), we are not nearly as close as before, all because of Sunpaw. I’m trying not to explode with madness.

Opalpaw (remember her?) is pretty much the only person that I can talk to, but she’s always really busy nowadays. And when I do find her, either someone else comes over and starts talking to her, or Sunpaw shows up right next to me. And when I tell a random person, they either say “But I thought you were best friends” or “Don’t you guys always hang out together?” or they’ll symapthize with Sunpaw being a new kid. The thing is, while I do get that she is new, she is not so new and she has been in our grade before (she left and then came back).

I’m sorry that you are wasting your time reading the mountain of comments I have been posting on the Hug Page recently, but I feel as if I’m about to burst.

Vouch 4 the Viper

• December 7, 2019 at 4:57 pm

Awwwwww I’m so sorry to hear that, Ria! Maybe try telling her straight out? *hugsssssss* I sadly don’t know how to give advice, sorry. I hope you’ll figure it out! Just remember that there are always ease after hardship. <3333333

❄🍃🌙❄🌳

• December 7, 2019 at 5:59 pm

Uggghhhh i can imagine how awful and annoying this must be… she’s at your school and you see her every day and you can’t get away from her, I definitely get it 🙁 What Ivy said, and maybe just say you want some space! Ask another person if they want to hang out with Sunpaw, maybe? Then you could get a break? *hugs* <3

Bring on the Festive Food!!

11. December 7, 2019 at 7:06 pm

I feel really depressed and emotional. These last few years there’s been too many things happening, I don’t want another terrible thing happening…

☀️In need of a mentor!😛 ☀️