The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

29,519 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. November 23, 2019 at 2:00 pm

Daily Positive Quote
    “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” ~ Robert Schuller

*...what an awkward situation*

2. Monkeyfur
    November 23, 2019 at 3:40 pm

Success is not final
    Failure is not fatal
    It is the courage
    To continue,
    That counts. – Winston Churchill

A wild Moky has appeared 😈

3. November 23, 2019 at 9:44 pm

I’ve been nauseous all day long and I just vomited yaaayyy
    I mean I feel better now and I also miraculously forgot to turn on the bathroom light but I’m pretty scared of vomiting sooo

4. November 23, 2019 at 10:27 pm

so this def isn’t somethig i need hugs for, i just didn’t know where else to post it
    so i haven’t been on the discord for a couple of years. that’s mostly because there was this period of time where there was a lot of drama going on there, and i really didn’t want to get involved in it. i’ve since forgotten my login information, and for a while i didn’t really care; but lately, the thought that maybe i should by all means be active on discord has been bugging me. but i don’t really want to return if the place still has hints of the depressing environment it used to have. so i just want to know like… what’s it like there now?

that's why i believe in youuuu

• November 23, 2019 at 10:40 pm

somethig

that's why i believe in youuuu

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      November 24, 2019 at 12:11 am

I find that it is generally pretty lightweight, at least in my eyes. We have a separate channel for more political chat. 🙂

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

• November 24, 2019 at 6:22 pm

Well, it’s got general dark gray coloring. The other main colors are greens and blues and golds. I hope that helps some! <3 *hugs* Asp <3

It seems pretty positive, though! The environment is kind.

Ahem.

• Willowstep (Wistep)
      November 25, 2019 at 3:27 am

as a person who was there when it was like that, i can say it’s better now. to be fair, i’m less active and discord in general is fairly dead, but you should definitely come back, asp. <3

~friends will be friends~

5. Bright Moons and holiday lights 🎄 Moonpaw/spirit
    November 23, 2019 at 11:41 pm

I’m really stressssssssssedddddd rn

edit: oh dear now I’ve created a new page 😛 I always feel bad when I do that 😛

6. Anonymous
    November 24, 2019 at 1:12 am

Ehhhh this is probably so weird but I have a crush on three different boys, one is a grade above me, one I rarely talk to even though he’s in nearly all my classes, and the third is in orchestra with me but we’re not in any of the same classes. IDK what to do, this probably sounds so weird but I know I can’t just keep liking all three, and I’m always kinda afraid of someone from school finding out, I’m probably just fantasizing anyway. Advice?

7. Brambleheart
    November 24, 2019 at 6:30 pm

I am having more issues with Stoattail. If you’ve seen my recent posts on the Tavern from a few days back, you can see that he’s funny and nice, usually. But in the past two months it started to get bad again. You see, Eagleheart and I were friends since grade 8, and Stoattail just waltzed in. Let me explain. He was in almost all of my classes last year, so we had to work with one another quite a bit. We realized that we have some things in common and bonded over that, and then one day he decided to track Eagleheart and I down so he could eat with us. It went well, no issues, and was nice, since Honeyfrost left the school recently at that time. The next semester was perfectly balanced, because I had two classes with Stoattail. In the other two I kinda chatted with some kids but never became friends with them. In the two classes I had with Stoattail, I really only talked to him in one, as in the other I sat in a group with some other friends and our teacher hated it when we yelled to talk to other groups, as teachers tend to do. I only had one issue where Stoattail was basically spying on this one kid and pressured me to join so I did and faked doing it, until he realized I hated it. Also that semester, Eagleheart and I were in a DND club which we still are in today, and we joined a space club, which Stoattail conveniently joined a few weeks later, which we thought was fine, at least Eagleheart and I could spend DnD together, right?

Wrong. One day like two months ago he just said, super last minute that he was joining. Usually you need an email invite to join, but he didn’t have one, but the teachers still let him join anyways. Eagleheart and I hated that because that was supposed to be our time together, not with Stoattail. But that was being ruined by him too. The problem is he 100% clicks with us as friends and we only 70% click with him. He says we are best friends but we think he is just a friend. Kinda like Dovewing and Bumblestripe, in a way, except the love is friendship, I’m Dovewing, Eagleheart is Tigerheart, and Stoattail is Bumblestripe.

I talked to my parents about this and they told me that Eagleheart and I should join another club, so we decided to join magic club, where you learn how to do magic. We went on Wednesday, but the club was cancelled this week because the leaders were studying for a math test. Bummer. So we went back up to our lockers, and Stoattail wasn’t there (we didn’t tell him that we were joining the club, as if we did he would follow us and join which would defeat the whole purpose of this). Turns out he spent the first 20 minutes at lunch looking for us. He went to the office, he talked to everyone I remotely knew and basically told them I ditched him (I know this because on Thursday, everyone at DnD was talking about it as if I was being inconsiderate of Stoattail’s disability, as he needs a walker). He even sent people to search for us. Like, if we were gone, and didn’t tell you, maybe we need time to ourselves!! Stoattail demanded an explanation, and we told him we were at an unknown location doing stuff. Basically, we didn’t give him any hints whatsoever because he is good at figuring things out.

We didn’t tell him why and then he (I don’t know if it’s a joke or not) told Thistletuft to find out where we went in front of me.

Then on Friday Eagleheart and I were walking to school, and when you walk, sometimes you’re a few minutes late, it’s normal, nobody’s perfect. We came to school a few minutes later than usual and the first thing we saw as we exited the stairwell was… Stoattail. He didn’t even say hi, he only said in a harsh voice, “You’re late.” Again, he demanded that we explain. We had no explanation, because we got there literally 4 minutes later than usual. We told him this, and we said that nobody’s perfect, heck, sometimes HE’S late, too. Stoattail accused us of being secretive, and Eagleheart told him that we just need privacy. He accused us of being defensive, too. Just because we were 4 minutes late, which happens all the time and doesn’t matter.

He also thinks I trust him because I told him about my Autism on Monday. I don’t normally tell my IRL friends about this, but I had to tell him because, long story short, I was sure he figured it out after a situation happened. I want it to be a secret at my school so, to make him know that for sure, I had to tell him that I only tell trustworthy people about this secret. And he started doing the wanting to know everything thing on Wednesday. Oh, and he also gives us hints to him wanting us to come over to his house but we don’t want to. He even gave me his address on google maps for no reason. I did and will not give him my address, my dad told me not to.

Tl;dr: Stoattail just wants to know everything that’s going on at every moment, and it’s getting to the point where it’s uncomfortable and needs to stop. Like I said I told my dad about this and he told me that Stoattail is being possessive and stalkerish. I am going to talk to a teacher about this, I just need to tell you guys for help too.

Try me Beyonce.

• 🍂 Pineblossom 🍁
      November 24, 2019 at 7:57 pm

Oh man, that sucks. I hate clingy people who can’t let go, but normally there’s a reason they’re like that. Could you introduce Stoattail to another friend that can take him on when you and Eagleheart want to hang out? I agree that you should tell a teacher; his behavior is getting a little beyond just getting to know your friend. Good luck, hope everything gets better! ❤️

✧ 新年快乐!✧

• Puddleshard
      November 24, 2019 at 8:36 pm

I’m sorry that’s happening Brambleheart! I don’t really know how to help.. Are you sure you want to still be friends with Stoattail, or are you not sure anymore? It’s never fun having a friend like that, because loads of the time they’re really great and fun to be around, but then other times they act possessive and it’s just not good anymore. I hope you find a solution to this, stay safe! *hugs*

Sugar, Butter, Flour

• November 24, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I can relate a little with my little sister 😛

I’m really sorry. That’s really good your going to talk to a teacher. If it where me and he wouldn’t lay off, I would straight up tell him. *HUGS* Hopefully telling a teacher will fix it!!! <33 *hugs*

Ahem.

• November 24, 2019 at 9:27 pm

*huggles* I’m so sorry Brambleheart! He does sound stalkerish. You should really talk to a teacher about it. Stay safe💜

☀️Beep beep! ☀️

• November 24, 2019 at 10:45 pm

Ugh, Bramble, that sounds so annoying! It becomes annoying when people want to know more about you then you want to tell them. Maybe Stoattail doesn’t realize he’s hurting you? If I were you, I’d maybe get together with Eagleheart and tell him how you’re feeling. Hugs!

Vouch 4 the Viper

• November 24, 2019 at 11:10 pm

Well, Stoattail sounds annoying! In my opinion you should talk to him in private with the evidence and tell him you aren’t as pumped as him to be friends! I’m sorry. May Starclan Light your path. 😔

*tem shop music*

8. November 24, 2019 at 6:49 pm

There is a girl, Sunpaw, in my grade. She is… a lot, and I don’t know what to do. So basically she left the school after winter break of 3rd grade. She and I were friendly, but not super close. Fast forward to 4 years later. She returned on the 2nd day of school. Her previous best friend, Berrypaw, had left the school. I have a lot to say about Berrypaw, but I’ll save you and not say anything. Anyway, I was kind of happy to see her back, and I welcomed her, obviously, and showed her around with my friend Applepaw. (Remember Applepaw?) Well, apparently she’s gotten much more annoying over the years. Very, very, annoying. All of a sudden she’s by my side and best friends with me. To make things worse, she is in almost every one of my classes and is in my homeroom. Applepaw is, too, but that’s beside the point. Anyways, she never leaves me alone to be by myself, and she is very, very chatty. Too chatty for me. She talks about random things that I don’t necessarily care about, and to make things worse, only about the first two sentences are important. Then she gets into too much detail and will start repeating herself. Sometimes one story leads to another, which leads to another. I’ve learned to try to avoid asking her questions, because something that can be answered in ten words or less, or about 3 seconds, turns up to be about 30 seconds to a minute. Now, I have a headache issue, and I get headaches from her. Let’s not forget to mention that the teachers ALWAYS pair us up together. I can literally only think of about 2 times when we weren’t. And remember the thing about her stories. The teachers often say “finish the rest for homework” and she expects me to stop working as well as her when she tells her long stories. And due to that, I end up with twice as much homework as I would have with a different partner. And I can’t complain to the teachers, either, because sometimes they do things out of utter randomness and we STILL get paired up. I am also a very private person, and I know I can’t tell my school counselor about this. Once I told her- let’s call her Sunflowerseed- about friend issues last year but she told my mom without my permission. So yeah, I’m never going to trust her with that again. (Also, my friend told her something once and she reported it to the middle school director.) Also, we had a “mix it up lunch” on Friday, the first we’ve ever had. We were to sit with people from all grades by the first letter in our first name. Let me also say that Sunflowerseed was running this. Me and Sunpaw’s names start with the same letter. She went and sat right next to me. I couldn’t move or anything, because that would hurt her feelings. To make things worse, I have started getting less close to my friends- the ones I want to hang out with- because of her. I feel like my friends think I’m ditching them, but I really want to be with them.

Cookies to you if you read the entire thing.

Vouch 4 the Viper

• November 24, 2019 at 9:21 pm

Ugh that sounds so annoying, Briarpaw 🙁 I’m sorry about everything… what I would probably do would be pretend I’m busy when I’m not and act distracted and unresponsive and then maybe she would get bored and let you be? I don’t know… *hugs* though!!!! We love you Briarpaw, and I hope things work out. <3

Ahem.

• Briarpaw, Trees, and Autumn Leaves
        November 24, 2019 at 11:15 pm

Aww, thanks, Peb (3

I’ll consider doing that! You’re so nice (3

• November 25, 2019 at 12:11 am

If she’s affecting your schoolwork, it’s not okay. Tell her, “Hey, tell me that story later, I actually want to get a good grade on this, believe it or not” or something like that, maybe not as rudely as I just put it though 😛 And if she’s giving you heachache, just say, “Hey, can you be a bit more quiet? I have a huge headache.” and she should stop.

Hopefully.

*hugs*

#ThankYouWoojin

• November 26, 2019 at 11:04 pm

thx, Blue 🙂 . I mean, she’s a great friend and all, but she’s just going a bit overboard, I think. I don’t want to hurt her feelings, but I will try to say stuff to her 🙂

Vouch 4 the Viper

9. November 24, 2019 at 9:27 pm

I hate myself.

☀️Beep beep! ☀️

• November 24, 2019 at 11:07 pm

*Hugsss* Well, we all love you, and you should too. I haven’t been here all that long, but already I think that you are very kind and a wonderful person.

View post on imgur.com

I am very Earthy

• Briarpaw, Trees, and Autumn Leaves
      November 24, 2019 at 11:17 pm

*huggles* Blossom, you’re a great person and we love you.

• Bright Moons and holiday lights 🎄 Moonpaw/spirit
      November 24, 2019 at 11:28 pm

Don’t.
      Hate yourself.
      I really suck at giving advise, but I image that someone, be it family member or friend, loves you, and you’re a unique individual, with feelings and dreams.
      Maybe try to find a talent or something you enjoy? If your problem is feeling “worthless” them maybe finding something to do could help??? Usually I feel down when I’m doing nothing.
      Feel better. >333333

• Nightfeather
      November 25, 2019 at 12:16 am

What?! Oh no! Don’t hate yourself, you’re wonderful, amazing, awesome, perfect, and fantastic, just the way you are! You are the perfect you, never ever forget that!
      *HUGGGGSSSSS!!!*

• November 25, 2019 at 12:40 am

We all feel like that sometimes, but remember that here on BlogClan we love you a lot <3

🧧新年快樂!🧧

• November 25, 2019 at 8:24 am

Thanks guys💖 I’m feeling way better now. I was just in a fight with my parents and I felt like I was a terrible disappointment. But everything’s solved and they told me they don’t think that. I just had a few problems I needed to be solved <3

☀️Beep beep! ☀️

• November 25, 2019 at 8:04 am

*HUGSSSSSSSSS* We all love you, Blossom! You’re a great person, and no, I’m not saying that just to be nice, I’m saying that because it’s true. Totally true. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise, not even your inner voice. *HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

*...what an awkward situation*

• November 25, 2019 at 3:02 pm

View post on imgur.com

*hugggggggggsssssssssss* Blossom dear and please don’t hate yourself, my wonderful friend!!!!!

Ahem.

• November 26, 2019 at 12:17 am

aw blossy please don’t say that <3 we all love and support you if you want to talk about it more.
      My advice to you would be that being mad at yourself or hating yourself because your not who you would want to be is (no offense, i understand you're going through something here) pointless. If you want to change then i think you have an opportunity to change yourself! I'm not saying its easy to recognize your faults and try to make them better, but i think working on self-improvement is super important for everyone.
      <3 *huggles*

ann,u beautiful tropical fish

10. Lightningpaw(Lightingshadow)
    November 25, 2019 at 12:39 am

Sooooooo. I saw my ex boyfriend in Walmart today. Before he saw me, I ran away. I feel stupid for breaking up with him and everything. Is it bad, that I may still love him? Help me, please.

• November 25, 2019 at 1:04 am

*Hugs* I suck at relationships, sorry 🙁 (Flamecloud has and will probably always be a single pringle) I hope it all works out!

I am very Earthy

• November 26, 2019 at 12:19 am

(same we can be pringles together)

ann,u beautiful tropical fish

• November 26, 2019 at 12:34 am

(Me and my friend have a plan to make a single people only apartment and adopt/foster lots of pets)

I am very Earthy

• Plipplop (Snowpuff)
      November 25, 2019 at 1:30 am

That is not bad and completely normal while healing. Try to remember what you broke up for. Chances are, it was for the better. Try to surround yourself with love, but from friends and family.

I like ShadedMoss way too much

• November 25, 2019 at 3:04 pm

*hugs* 🙁 What Plippy said <333 I'm sorry Lightning :\

Ahem.

• Nightfeather
      November 26, 2019 at 10:48 pm

It’s normal for lingering feelings to still be there, and you might still think you love him. But like Snowpuff said, try to remember what you broke up for, and chances are you might see him again, but stay strong, and keep your head high, you are strong, and are in a good place, without him.

11. Moonpaw(leap)
    November 25, 2019 at 3:55 am

I’ve been feeling really down lately, I don’t know why. I guess I just feel like my life has been going nowhere, and I’m getting no closer to my goals. It’s just the same thing every single day. Go to class, take some notes, go to the next class. I can understand how PE can help me become a football player, or only ever writing realistic fiction and nothing else will make me good at writing realistic fiction and nothing else, how science can make me a good scientist, but I know exactly what I want to do with my life, and none of that is it. Writing fantasy and graphic novels, drawing, learning music, that is going to help me. But other than music, where we only learn the keyboard and guitar, I’m not “allowed” to learn how to do any of that, except that I get to draw in art for 30 days a year. I just feel like I’m being kept from learning what I need to learn for MY LIFE, because it’s not it’s not “something I’ll use in the ‘real world’” or its a “you can learn that along the way” or “you’ll learn that later” thing. Later isn’t going to help me get into the college I’ve always wanted to go to. Later isn’t going to help me become a bestselling author! I’m ready NOW, even if my classmates aren’t. I get it. Life skills, helps get you a job, blah blah blah. My job will be writing novels and manga, perhaps dabbling in music, too. Not doing math on paper when I’ll always have a perfectly good calculator. I don’t care about being taught for an average life, when I know how I’m going to have more.I know every kid wants to do something different, most don’t even know what, but I just wish someone would tell me how waiting and doing things that won’t help me In the “real world” will help. I know other things are important, but there are other things I need to learn. You all prob think I’m crazy right now, but, my parents would never listen, so I figured this was the best place to come.

What is sleep again?

• November 25, 2019 at 3:13 pm

No, nononononooooo I do noooootttt think you are crazy!!!! This makes the most sense in the world, Moon!!! In fact, not long ago my mom told me about how it is in most public schools (they don’t let kids write fantasy or create their own things like music, etc, like you just said) and my jaw sort of dropped. (I’m homeschooled, if this clears it up).
      I thought it was the stupidest thing on planet earth. Like, where’s the sense? Why are they trying to keep away creativity?

I’m really sorry 🙁 Would your parent(s)/guardian consider homeschooling you if that’s what you wanted? <3 *hugs*

Ahem.

• Gooseshadow
      November 26, 2019 at 12:12 am

Like Peb said, you aren’t crazy, Moon. I definitely understand not being allowed to learn what you need to know for the career you want. Not being allowed to be creative, especially when it will help you later on, really sucks. I don’t really have any suggestions for the writing. But for the music, I recommend taking music theory, or the equivalent, when you get to high school. I’m taking it right now (I’m not sure it’ll be the same at whichever school you’ll be going to) and my band director, who’s teaching it, had us write two compositions. He had some requirements, but he gave us a lot of creative freedom. Middle school is especially restrictive. Once you get past freshman year of high school, you’ll get to choose a lot of your classes. Just hang in there. I know that’s a lot to ask, and it might help if you take some classes outside of school in the meantime. Peb’s idea of home-school would work, too.

Clarinets the arch is bad

12. Foxtail (Foxie)
    November 25, 2019 at 8:05 am

I just saw Frozen II and it was so good!!!

Okay you may be wondering why I just said that on the Hug Page but that’s because there’s more to this comment than Frozen lol. Cause like it really was good. I just wanted to say it cause why not. Anyway back to the actual reason I’m here 😛

So I found out that one of my best friends is gay (well I actually already knew cause I know my friends too well hehe and I honestly couldn’t see her with a guy) and that she has a crush on me (I am so smart cause I already knew that too 😛 I just had this gut feeling cause she’s always her been physical with me which is fine cause like I love hugs and giving them too lol and she just gives the best hugs). I was talking to her and she didn’t want to admit who she liked until she knew that they liked her back. And I was stalling cause I knew it was me (or I had a gut feeling it was but then again I hoped she would say me anyway lol) but I didn’t want I assume 😛 Silly me always second guessing myself.

Guys I think Foxie is finally coming out of her shell y’all 😛 This is so new for me cause I mostly like guys. This friend of mine though (we’ll call her Pinkspark) would be the only girl I like though. So like I’m MOSTLY straight 😛 But like…..aaaaa idk 😛 Help XD

She gives the best hugs too and she likes my hugs as well and I miss her and my homeschool group so much like it’s not even funny. 😛 (reminder that I now go to public school and it’s my first time) My homeschool group wants me to come back haha. Who knows….hehe. The social environment of a public school (at least mine) is so toxic though. Like there was an incident that happened….like my mom was about to pull me out lol. The education part is fine and my grades are good but like…..agh idk what to do haha. (we’re praying about it)

But yeah there we go that’s the tea for today. Frozen II was amazing and yeah my older sister said she could see me as bi but I was like “wait really? But like I don’t like girls….?” and yet here we are 😛 I’m telling you: My sister knows me so well and I know her so well (I figured she was bi or liked girls way before she admitted haha. That’s what sisters are for right? 🥰)

You all are probably shocked (if you’ve known me for a while) but so am I XD Anyway it’s late and so I’m gonna go to bed and ponder this new feeling haha 😂 Moral of the story is….uh I mostly like guys but who says I can’t like ONE girl 😛 I’m going to see her and my homeschool group friends this Wednesday cause I told Pinkspark’s mom (their class’s teacher this year too who I miss as well….I miss everything and everyone at my homeschool group) that I miss her daughter and everyone so she arranged a get together at her house this Wednesday 😀 I’m so excited and I hope I don’t cry haha (I miss my friends 🙁).

Wow this is so interesting 😛 Okay I’m gonna go now byeeee

I don’t need hugs but I just had to to tell y’all cause it’s a Foxie life update haha. I am so surprised with myself…..but it’s normal I guess 🙂 Okay now I will leave lol

idk why but like I am hungry right now and I’m just laying in bed as of this comment lol

(guys my siggie is such a big mood right now)

What an awkward situation

• November 25, 2019 at 3:17 pm

Big big big oof :\\ Sorry I don’t know how to help at all but *hugs*! <3

U SAW FROZEN II? YAY

Ahem.

• November 25, 2019 at 9:56 pm

Honestly, I can sort of relate. 😛 I have major crushes on guys(like, on TV or books and stuff because I don’t know any guys in real life) but every now and then there’s like a girl actress and I’m just like “Dang” and then I’ll have a infatuation with someone at the studio that’ll pass after a month or so 😛

So mostly guys sometimes girls I think for me? But I’m mostly straight? I think? 😛 Idk really I don’t care 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• Foxtail (Foxie)
        November 26, 2019 at 12:36 am

Ya same 😛 I like mostly guys and I have since like…well yesterday (well, 2019 technically cause I was pondering lol) when I THINK I liked one girl lol 😛 I’m glad it’s my best friend though and not some other girl who I don’t know well

What an awkward situation

13. November 25, 2019 at 3:28 pm

Uuuggghhh I am miserably sick 😛 Any advice for a sore throat?

Ahem.