The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

23,800 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
    May 21, 2019 at 4:20 pm

I’ve been having what I’m pretty sure are period cramps since Sunday, since they go away when I start moving. They’re not so bad but also totally bad, if anybody understands that. 😛 I’m not due to start for another 4-7 days or so, but I’m sure they’re just cramps.

My irrational brain, however, thinks I have every disease imaginable and I am certainly going to die. Better write my will.

I’m basically just, ughhh. 😛 Heating pads don’t help, painkillers are meh, and the idea of going to the doctor to get checked over makes me want to throw up. I know they’re good people and all, but I am so supremely uncomfortable there that I have gotten close to passing out before. ;P

Perhaps somebody just needs to pat me on the head and say “there, there.”? Sounds reassuring enough.

• Plipplop
      May 21, 2019 at 4:25 pm

*hugs* My sister goes through something similar. I actually have a cure! Caffeine help tone it down quite a bit. Hope this helps!

Plippy The Theorist

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 21, 2019 at 4:30 pm

It just so happens that I love coffee. Excellent idea, Plipplop.

• Plipplop
          May 21, 2019 at 4:35 pm

Thank you! I hope you are feeling better!

Plippy The Theorist

aw I’m sorry Icy. <3 I hope you feel better soon! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:15 am

Thanks 🙂

• May 21, 2019 at 5:24 pm

Hey, I do the same thing! I hate it 😛 Period cramps can happen up to a week before or after your period. I know this from experience. Sometimes drinking water and pressure help, but if walking around helps then maybe lying down on it isn’t the best 😛 I hope you feel better soon!! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 21, 2019 at 5:46 pm

Yeah, pressure is a no go from me. Made it worse. 😛

I’m going riding later, so hopefully the movement will help, haha. Hopefully they don’t come back – don’t want to involuntarily curl up in a ball when I’m going over a jump. 😛

• May 21, 2019 at 5:52 pm

Oof sorry well now you know what not to do! Riding should help if movement helps you. But if it makes you feel worse, you should get off because that could be dangerous. <3

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
            May 22, 2019 at 4:16 am

I survived. Very bumpy, fast ride because I was riding a speed racer, but I survived, ha.

• May 22, 2019 at 5:38 am

good to hear! how are you doing now? <3

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
                May 22, 2019 at 4:06 pm

Waiting to see if I start cramping again. 😛 My worst illogical fear is that this isn’t my period waiting to make an appearance, and it’s something else, and I have to deal with it while I’m away from home for two weeks. 😛

Doing okay so far though. 😛

• Mapledrift
      May 21, 2019 at 8:29 pm

Icy honestly this exact situation just happened to me THE EXACT SAME THING
      huggles !!!!!!
      for me it was just period pains so try not to stress too much 🙂

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:17 am

Oh, I’m hoping so. 😛 Should be any time in the next few days to a week, so I’m not tooooo worried.

• May 21, 2019 at 11:39 pm

I’m really sorry, Icy. Period cramps really are the worst. *hugs* For me, exercise helps a lot with cramps. I hope you’re feeling better soon! <3

Angular momentum!

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:15 am

“Blessed are those with uteri.” Said probably no one in the past decade.

• Embermoon/paw (Emby)
      May 22, 2019 at 3:05 am

*Hugs!* Period cramps are the WORST!!!!! Have you tried exercise? When I asked for advice about MY period cramps like 5 pages back, that was one suggestion that really helped.

🌈June is Pride Month! 🌈

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:13 am

Exercise (or at least moving a bit) seems to help. It’s just hard to find the motivation when I don’t want to move, haha.

• Embermoon/paw (Emby)
          May 23, 2019 at 12:32 am

😜

• May 22, 2019 at 2:44 pm

Oh my, those are awesome 😛 Yesterday was horrible for me. As it is always. The Pills helped for a while, but luckily we’re going to The Doctor again soon. It’s been getting bad. 😛

But in all honesty, I don’t know how to help you, other than I can relate 😛 Just go yell at your mom to get you chocolate 😛 It might help 😛

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• Eaglefrost
      May 22, 2019 at 4:18 pm

I have some of the worst cramps known to man, but I’m all like, “oh, they’re not bad enough to take ibuprofen for, blah blah blah.” So I know how you feel. But speaking of ibuprofen, have you tried that? I find that that takes the cramps away almost immediately. Also, hot baths help. Anyway, hope you get to feeling better. Hugs.

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:56 pm

I take naproxen with sodium, it’s actually been helping a lot. Haha, I hate cramps but I only want to take painkillers if I’m writhing in agony, for some reason. Broke down and took some yesterday, though. Took one this morning, but because my back has decided it wants to seize up whenever I move. 😛 So far the cramps today have been minimal. Thank you. 🙂

2. May 21, 2019 at 6:00 pm

Uhhhh if you know I’m a transgender dude then you’d know I have a period. Well, my period has come back and the cramps are even worse than they usually are, like the flow isn’t heavy, but the cramps are so bad…it doesn’t really help the fact I’m at school right now and we don’t eat until 12:15 (or 12:25 when we have advisory, which is today) and we end school at 2:30, meaning us 8th graders eat last (the 7th graders at my school don’t deserve need to eat first, the 6th and 8th graders exist too).

So I have no way of telling whether I’m having another cramp or I’m just hungry. How wonderful. (At the moment I’m typing this comment it’s 11:59, so at least lunch is soon but gOSH IT HURTS)

Oof

• Embers on a Summer Dawn (Emberdawn)
      May 21, 2019 at 6:01 pm

My mom always tells me that if you exercise a lot regularly, the cramps get less intense ^^ I haven’t experienced really bad cramps myself so I’ve never put it to the test but she did. Hope this helps 🙂

Writer, photographer, mod

• May 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm

Yeah, I usually exercise at least 3 times a week (I usually just run a couple of laps around my block), I’ll try it later today since I’ve been slacking off of exercising lately 😛

Oof

• Embers on a Summer Dawn (Emberdawn)
          May 21, 2019 at 6:42 pm

you exercise more than me 😛

Writer, photographer, mod

• May 21, 2019 at 6:03 pm

awww I’m sorry! Can you ask to go to the bathroom? You probably can’t use these now, but heating pads help a lot. You’re almost there!! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• willow that sways with breeze
      May 21, 2019 at 7:21 pm

did you know you can get sugery to stop you from haveing periods
      my moms friend got the sugery

dont die graystripe

• May 22, 2019 at 1:02 am

Unfortunately, surgery is really expensive for me and my family and my parents don’t accept me being trans so I can’t get it until I have enough money and move out of my house 🙁

Oof

• Fally
      May 21, 2019 at 8:18 pm

I’m sorry Hazy. <3 Like Embix said, exercise can really help, as can heating pads and painkillers. I hope you feel better soon! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

• Glade
      May 21, 2019 at 10:20 pm

What I’ve found is that if you take a painkiller (like Tylenol) when the cramps first start (even if they’re not that bad), it helps later on. For me, taking a Tylenol when they’re already at their worst doesn’t help much. Also, like everyone said, heating pads and rolling around in bed in the fetal position usually helps too. 😛

• May 21, 2019 at 10:40 pm

Ah, that sucks, man. Perhaps a hug will help? *hugs*

Where do you find hope?

• Foxtail (Foxie)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:21 am

If I may ask Hazy, so a trans dude is from girl to guy, or guy to girl? (so sorry, I always get this mixed up)

Faith it 'til you make it

3. May 21, 2019 at 6:10 pm

I am close to getting my thing any day now . Its gonna be a fun time ( note I was completely sarcastic about it gonna be fun ) . I’m most likely gonna go shopping for the stuff I need . I’m also stressed about finals which is the very last week of school which is in June and i have time to study . I got most of my homework done ( thank goodness) I’m gonna do my other stuff later and I’m working on a mini project right now . High school is very stressful

a thistle

• Fally
      May 21, 2019 at 8:19 pm

I’m sorry Jag. <3 Good luck with finals and your projects! You got this! Hang in there! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

4. May 21, 2019 at 9:42 pm

Feeling bad rn, it’s pretty hot outside, and we had to be outside for an hour to call commands for Leadership Audition training. Hope this is worth it.

【♪❈⋆ʏᴇᴇᴛʟᴇᴇᴛ⋆❈♪】

• May 22, 2019 at 5:39 am

Yikes, that sounds sucky. Drink lots of water. Good luck with your leadership audition! Even if you don’t make it, the experience is still worth something. I hope you cool off soon! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 1:59 pm

I’m sorry Apple. <3 Drink lots of water! Good luck with your training! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

5. Ginger
    May 21, 2019 at 10:03 pm

With all the talk about periods, I’m scared. I mean, my time will come in like a year. Help!

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      May 21, 2019 at 10:12 pm

It will be okay. 🙂 You will get through it. Hopefully, yours will be relatively easy!

• shivy
      May 21, 2019 at 10:15 pm

try not to worry <3
      I've had mine for about 4 years and although it took a little adjusting to, you get completely used to it ❤️. Until the time comes, don't worry about it! Enjoy being free 😛
      Honestly they're not that bad (although cramps are terrible) and after the first 2 days you feel fine 🙂

• Ginger
        May 21, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Thanks! Your comment made me feel a lot better, you are right.

• May 22, 2019 at 5:40 am

It’s ok! Periods are natural. They may be scary, but you have lots of experienced women to help you when the time comes. There are lots of ways to prepare and take care of yourself so it’s not so scary. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:00 pm

It’ll be okay Ginger. 🙂 They’re very annoying and can take some getting used to, but they’re normal and it means your body is healthy. For now, don’t worry about it! Enjoy not having them. 😛 *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

6. Shiverfur
    May 21, 2019 at 10:38 pm

okaaayy there’s been a lot of talk about periods on here recently so your uncool friend shivy is here to give advice that I wish someone had given me when I started (if anyone has more advice pls add it)

~ don’t feel embarrassed about being on your period!! When I first got mine I was t e r r i f i e d about speaking to my mum and friends about it but now I’m open to them about it and things are good! It’s a completely natural normal thing and you shouldn’t be ashamed!

~ track your period using an app! I use Clue (which is free), which tracks your period so that you know when it’s coming and gives you loads of info and it’s super super helpful!!

~ try not to worry about it coming. There’s nothing you can do to stop it and worrying will only make you more stressed about the situation

~ always carry pads. May seem like a no-brainer but you never know when you or someone else may need one

~ you can move when youre sleeping and don’t have to lie really still! When I first started I used to lie like a stick all night cause I didn’t want to stain anything?? Which never happens?? Just sleep normally, nothing bad will happen!!

~ don’t rush into using tampons, and don’t feel pressured into doing so. I’ve tried many times to use a tampon and have never been successful but many of my friends so and find them super useful – it varies from individual to individual and personal preferences. Of course they are useful if you want to swim etc but don’t use them until you are comfortable doing so and have carefully read the instructions and maybe talk to a trusted female grown up about doing so because they can be scary.

~hot water bottles/heating pads are a godsent miracle to help cramps and for me and many other people I know are the only thing that will help me. Chocolate and ibuprofen are also said to help, but personally they’ve never helped me, but of course this may vary from person to person

honestly try not to stress about periods. They are completely normal and whilst they SUCK and cramps feel like death itself there’s nothing we can do 😛
    *hugs to all you uterus-bearing people*

• Embers on a Summer Dawn (Emberdawn)
      May 21, 2019 at 11:09 pm

I always need to track my period but I keep forgetting to note down what day it starts 😛

Writer, photographer, mod

• Foxtail (Foxie)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:22 am

“Clue” is a great app for keeping track of your periods and let’s you know when the next should start. 😛🙂

Faith it 'til you make it

• Embermoon/paw (Emby)
        May 23, 2019 at 12:21 am

Another thing, this is not true for everyone, but exercise really helps for me

🌈June is Pride Month! 🌈

• May 22, 2019 at 5:42 am

I’ve had my period for three years and I’ve never tracked it, which probably causes unnecessary stress 😛 but I don’t want to start tracking it because it means I can write off random pains that would freak me out otherwise as period cramps when I have no other explanation (which they usually are). is that unnecessary?

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

7. Thistle 2.0
    May 21, 2019 at 10:46 pm

my cat made this weird noise and threw up once . I hope she doesn’t throw up again .

a thistle

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:03 pm

My cats used to randomly throw up occasionally, but they were always okay afterward. or maybe it was hairball? I hope she’s okay! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

8. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    May 21, 2019 at 11:42 pm

My mom oredered pizza which I was really excited about until I realized she ordered it from a place I hate. I told her I didn’t like the place she ordered it from. She told me that if I don’t like it I can have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but I also hate the bread we have at my house. So I guess I won’t be having dinner tonight.

And that’s the tea.

• Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
      May 22, 2019 at 12:18 am

Ignore this comment please. It turns out the pizza was really good!

And that’s the tea.

• Foxtail (Foxie)
        May 22, 2019 at 4:23 am

Don’t judge a pizza by where it comes from 😛 (lol)

Faith it 'til you make it

• Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
          May 22, 2019 at 12:12 pm

The moral of the story 😛

And that’s the tea.

9. Cedarpaw is constantly having a mental breakdown
    May 22, 2019 at 12:43 am

I am in desperate need for hugs. Here’s the story:

So a few days ago I noticed that my cat Root has been in her kitty box a whole lot. We didn’t think of it much until today when we saw that she had a bit of blood near her box. We just took her to the vet and they did an ultrasound on her.
    Turns out she has 3 bladder stones. The vet said we can either do a 700$ surgery to remove them (they could potentially come back) or put her on a perscription diet with a special food that can potentially dissolve the stones and help prevent them from coming back. The thing is, the food might not work. If it doesn’t work and we can’t do the surgery, we would have to put her down.
    When I got to the car I started bawling. I’m literally crying right now. I love this cat with all my heart and I don’t want to put her down, but I might have to. I legit thought if she has to be put to sleep, I might as well die with her.

Tldr, my cat has bladder stone and might have to be put to sleep, I’m crying and shaking and I need hugs. I don’t want anything to happen to her. I love this cat more than I have ever loved myself.

Everybody say "Colorado"!

• Eaglefrost
      May 22, 2019 at 4:43 am

Hugs. I’m so sorry. Hope your cat gets better.

• May 22, 2019 at 5:43 am

Oh no, I’m so sorry! I hope your cat is ok! If your family decides to do the diet and it doesn’t work, it’s still possible you could do the surgery. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Cedarpaw is crying all day long
        May 22, 2019 at 2:16 pm

It’s not possible to do the surgery it’s way too expensive and there’s still a chance the stones might come back

Everybody say "Colorado"!

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:05 pm

I’m so sorry Cedar! That’s terrible! If you end up having to do the surgery, perhaps you could do something like make a GoFundMe if you don’t think you’ll be able to afford it. I really hope your cat will be okay! *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!

10. May 22, 2019 at 2:22 am

ouchie my period keeps hitting hard and my mom won’t buy me the heavy pads, and I’m so scared someone will seeeeeee

also, when frickin girls forget to flush the toilet when they have their period in it
    or drops like 3 dollars in a toilet full of pee

makes me hate my school (:

【♪❈⋆ʏᴇᴇᴛʟᴇᴇᴛ⋆❈♪】

• Eaglefrost
      May 22, 2019 at 4:44 am

You could double up the normal pads? I do that sometimes.

• May 22, 2019 at 5:44 am

you could put more than one pad on maybe? you can also tie your jacket around your waist or wear a long/baggy shirt. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Fally
      May 22, 2019 at 2:08 pm

I’m sorry Apple. <3 I get heavy ones too and I h a t e them. If you end up really needing them do you think you might be able to borrow one from a friend? Or maybe the school nurse might have some? And if you're afraid of someone seeing, you could trying a sweater around your waist or a wearing a long shirt or sweater. If you have them jeans are good too, if I remember correctly it takes a little longer to for the material to be bled through. *hugs* <3 <3 <3

Running for SW!!