The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848 Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

31,133 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Pearkit
    February 26, 2020 at 3:59 am

So lately, my health has been very bad. I always have been pretty healthy, but lately I’ve had bouts of sudden dizziness . I also have been feeling tired and my stomach constantly hurts. My mom has had to pick me up at school 4 times already because of this. I really want to tell my friends, but I am worried they won’t understand. What should I do?

• February 26, 2020 at 5:32 pm

Hugs. I know how you feel. Sometimes when l get up to fast l get very dizzy. I don’t have any advise. But, l hope you feel better!

💠A snowy cat💠

• Pinestripe
      February 27, 2020 at 12:07 am

*Hugs*
      Feel better, Pearkit.

• Purple Dusk
      February 27, 2020 at 1:54 am

True friends will understand the basicness of you needing help.
      These same friends will want to help you.

Huggies
      Purple Dusk

P.S.
      Have you been getting enough sleep? And vitamuns?
      Both will help fight off whatever you got.

• Silvs
      February 27, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Hugs. If they are true friends they will understand, don’t worry.

• March 2, 2020 at 7:11 pm

I hope you feel better soon! Those sound a little like the symptoms I have during anxiety attacks. You might want to check if you feel severely stressed and worried lately, and if you have nausea as well. it also could be allergies. you might want to talk with your doctor. i don’t see why your friends wouldn’t understand or at least sympathize with you, but you absolutely don’t have to tell them if you don’t want to. I hope you feel better soon! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

2. Anonymous.
    February 26, 2020 at 9:33 pm

I’m bisexual. I don’t want you guys to know who I am but I just gotta tell someone.

• Iceeeeeeeeeee (Icy)
      February 26, 2020 at 11:12 pm

Me too. 🙂 It’s okay, I promise. We love you!

❄ BlogTeam Mod, Medicine Cat ❄

• Anonymous.
        February 27, 2020 at 12:31 pm

Thank you Icy. 💙

• Dapplepaw
      February 28, 2020 at 1:05 am

Attraction doesn’t change you Anon! You’re still a perfect, beautiful person with a beautiful personality. Who you want to be with doesn’t change a thing about how we see you!

• Anonymous.
        February 28, 2020 at 2:29 pm

Thanks. ❤️

• Jasminebreeze/Jazzy
      February 28, 2020 at 4:52 am

I’m not straight either! We’d love you no matter what <3

• Anonymous.
        February 28, 2020 at 2:30 pm

Thanks. 💚

• March 2, 2020 at 7:12 pm

heck yeah, another one for the lgbtqia+ club!!! no one is going to judge you here <3

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

3. February 27, 2020 at 5:27 am

UGH!
    I’m so nervous about my fanfiction! I have a big plan for it but I’m afraid there’s plot holes and not good development! HELP!

• February 27, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Do you have everything written down somewhere? Like a plan for each chapter? If not, make one. Then just look at it from an outsider’s point of view. Does this make sense? Well, what about this? Wouldn’t it be possible for the character to do this? etc.

#ThankYouWoojin

• Pinestripe
      February 27, 2020 at 9:32 pm

I understand how you feel about writing. Sometimes even the best ideas can seem incomplete or hard to develop.
      The best advice I can give you is to start writing. It’s easier to work on ideas for your story when you see it on paper, and you can always fill in details as you go.
      If you still aren’t ready to write, make an outline. Then ask yourself questions about the parts you aren’t sure about, like ‘What could have made the character do this?’ or ‘What reason could there be for this problem?’
      Also, if you’re worried about plot holes, maybe add some completely new ideas that would fill them in. Some new characters or plot twists that you hadn’t thought about before.

Good luck with your fanfiction! I’m sure it will turn out great!

• Dappy
      February 28, 2020 at 12:57 am

I’m really good with nitpicking stuff and over analyzing it, so I might be able to help with the plot holes! Just tell me what you need help with.

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 3:56 am

Get good beta readers.
      And learn from your mistakes.

• February 28, 2020 at 5:44 pm

Thanks guys. 😊 This weekend I’ll put some outlines and read my chapters over to make sure it’s good, and write the next chapter❤️

• March 2, 2020 at 7:13 pm

It helps me to look up writing tips online and to ask for a beta reader/peer reviewer. You can also read your work out loud to see if it makes sense – you’re more likely to catch mistakes that way. You can also try reading your story with the mindset of a reader, although you’re more likely to be overly critical of yourself. I’m sure it’s wonderful! *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

4. February 27, 2020 at 7:13 am

Oof I’m back on the hug page again 😛 And hey, look at the time, it’s midnight again (I really ought to be homeworking but I need a break) 😛 But at least I’m in a much better mood than last time.

Anyway I’ve shoved myself back into the deep end of questioning every aspect of my identity, as I occasionally do 😛

Andddddddddd I think I might be demiromantic. (A demiromantic is a type of grey-romantic who only experiences romantic attraction after developing an emotional connection beforehand.) I dunno. Maybe? The more I read about it, the more I feel like it fits.

But I’m only in high school, terrible at understanding myself, and I dunno I just confuse myself sometimes. So could y’all give me a second opinion? :]

As you all may have seen on a previous page, I have no understanding of love at first sight and very little tolerance for it, I think the idea of rushing into a relationship is absolutely idiotic and why would you do that?, and the only two people I have ever romantically liked I knew well before hand. (One of them was in 6th grade though and looking back I can’t tell if it was an actual thing or just me being confused). The friend I currently like *insert long sigh of annoyance* I have liked for about 2 years (RIP me) now, and I knew him very well before hand. I might even go as far as to call him my best friend at one point. I’ve never felt romantic feelings for someone I wasn’t friends with first (although again I am an easily confused highschooler who speaks “flame’s emotions” about as well as she speaks french).

Anyway I’m going to go do homeowork now

The Earthiest Earthling

• February 27, 2020 at 3:48 pm

Yikes, I don’t know a lot about sexualities and what they mean and stuff. So like, I’m no help here but I felt the need to reply, as usual. 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• IvyStream (Come One Step Closer And I’ll Slap You With This Leaf)
      February 27, 2020 at 9:00 pm

I Feel The EXACT Same Thing! We Are In This Together! If You Are Friends And Possibly Want To Form A Better Relationship, Give Him Small Hunts Leading Up To The Day You Ask Him Out. Many Things May Seem Hard But Everybody On BlogClan Are Your Friends And We Will Always Support You! Don’t Give Up Because Things Are Hard, Because It Isn’t As Hard As It Seems. We Will Always Be Here For You And Never Give Up On Him!

• Silvs
      February 27, 2020 at 10:55 pm

I don’t have any advice but that must be hard. *hugs*

• Dapplepaw
      February 28, 2020 at 1:03 am

Gah, I understand how frustrating stuff like this can be! I’ve constantly been experimenting with labels to see what fits, and I’m still not sure about anything. I manage to be the L B G and T in LGBT. The best advice I can give is to try labels and see if they fit. But you don’t have to define who you are in a few words. Maybe you could also try to see what you feel, instead of trying to fit yourself into labels! I’m soft and squishy on the inside, so I can be your reassurance stuffed animal when you need it! *hugs*

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 3:56 am

You cannot love someone properly if you do not know them as a person first.
      Even with love at first sight, the love will not last if based off of good looks alone.
      Mr. and Mrs. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice are a good example of what happens when you love looks, not the person.
      True love NEEDS a relationship to stand the tests of time and trials. It needs a connection to be built up.
      You are wise in that matter Flamecloud.

Don’t fret.
      You are still in Highschool.
      You don’t need to have everything figured out right now. This is YOUR time to grow into the best version of yourself.
      MY best advice is concentrate on making connections and learning to be the best version of yourself.
      Be friends with people, enjoy learning, and focus what you can do now.

This advice has worked with me, hopefully it will work for you.
      Purple Dusk

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      February 28, 2020 at 6:38 am

Hey Flame, I hope you’re doing okay, I’ve never loved anyone romantically. But I think I might have some advice for you, maybe you can talk with him more or maybe hang out more? I’m sorry I horrible at this but if you need more advice or need support, it’s okay to rant about all your problems on the hug page! HUGS!

A wild Moky has appeared 😈

• March 2, 2020 at 7:15 pm

the thing about your sexuality is is that it’s exactly what you want it to be. two people with the same label may not perfectly fit in with each others’ definitions of the sexuality – all that matters is that they identify with their label. labels are fluid and can be tweaked and specified to each individual person.

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

5. IvyStream (Come One Step Closer And I’ll Slap You With This Leaf)
    February 27, 2020 at 12:47 pm

I Am Unlucky Enough To Get Sick Again ;-;

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
      February 28, 2020 at 8:36 pm

*huggies* *hands heart-shaped box of chocolates* Feel better <333

So what?

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 9:28 pm

*Lunches another fluffy pillow from a slingshot*

• February 29, 2020 at 3:53 am

Aww, feel better!

Star Wars And Cats

6. IvyStream (Come One Step Closer And I’ll Slap You With This Leaf)
    February 27, 2020 at 1:07 pm

At School Lately All Of My Friends Are Whispering Secrets And Ignoring Me. Whenever I Want To Talk To My Crush, My Friends Always Come And Break Our Relationship. I Wanted To Stand Up To Them But I Never Have The Confidence, So I Just Ignore Them. Should I Try To Rekindle Our Friendship Or Should I Let It Go?

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
      February 28, 2020 at 8:38 pm

My opinion is a good hard let it go. If your friends do that to you, something mean like that, they’re not worth you. *huggies* I know it’s hard, but try to make some new friends!! <3

So what?

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      February 29, 2020 at 7:31 am

I think that you should stand to them, tell them that you don’t like that they always interrupt you, but I feel like you shouldn’t just break off the friendship. I’m not sure this will help, but I hope it did. Good luck!

Scars~I AM THEY

7. February 27, 2020 at 4:33 pm

ok so time for another installment of me ranting about something on the hug page (i swear it wont be as long as the last ones) idk nowadays i go through these phases every few months where i feel really blah all the time
    like i said at the end of my last comment on this page (it was a reply to birchy idk if anyone saw it besides her), ive been feeling lonely as heck lately. thats why the question of whether or not i should get discord was bugging me so much— itd be an easy way for me to reconnect with some old friends, yet as ive said the idea of getting something like discord at a time when im feeling really overwhelmed by internet social stuff doesnt sit right with me. but ive realized that while id still love to talk to those people again someday, what i really need right now is someone to talk to about some kind of shared interest in person yknow?? and i do have that with that friend ive been talking about (things are p good between me and her now btw) and sorta a couple other people, but not on a regular basis; none of them live in my neighborhood/school district
    i dont think it’s to blame for this problem, but the main thing preventing me from being able to try many of the normal methods for trying to make friends is something i barely talk about so even people on here who know me pretty well may not remember it— im homeschooled. i dont like talking about it bc people are always like “luckyyy” and “do you get to sleep in???” and idk i dont want it to be something that defines me or i need to be “proud” of or anything. but i am glad that i am, mostly bc the reason for it is that i live in a relatively large city where all the schools nearby have t o n s of kids and im prone to getting super stressed and overwhelmed in noisy crowd settings, esp if that crowd is composed of teens constantly teasing each other and parroting this week’s new hot tiktok meme or whatever
    i do need some interaction with people my age however, and thats where this weekly art class i take is supposed to come in; but unfortunately since most kids arent homeschooled through high school, theres only 2 other students in my class currently and theyre constantly chatting about subjects i cant relate to, mostly harry potter. it’s not that i feel left out and wish i could join them, i just feel really envious when i see them— not only bc they see each other on a regular basis, but also bc theyre both seem equally enthusiastic about hp or whatever theyre talking about at the moment. even when i get a chance to talk to someone about a shared fandom or whatever, i usually feel like i have to hide my excitement, bc the other person often doesnt seem as invested in it as i am i dont want to come across as an obsessed weirdo
    im mostly just venting, not really asking for advice, though if anyone can come up with something besides “join another group thing” then feel free to post it

that's why i believe in youuu

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 9:42 pm

Yeah.
      Public Schoolers talk about stuff all the time I have no idea about.
      Mostly because I am homeschooled.

That is where an wonderful thing called questions and answers come in. You can talk back and forth about your different lives. Because lets be honest, homeschooling IS different from public school. That has helped me.

Just try talking to people. See if there is anything you have in common. I was talking with someone and somehow a Pokémon name popped up. Within three seconds we became friends over Pokémon. But that would not have happened at all if I never talked. I did not walk into that conversation trying to find a fellow Pokémon fan. I just went to be nice and make new friends.

I am not asking you to join a another friend group or step out your comfort zone. If you can not go out, just be present in the moment you got. Because you never know what would happen. You could find whole new sides to people you knew for years just by being there!

Homeschoolers unite!
      Purple Dusk

P.S.
      You can be enthusiastic. 🙂 Just don’t jump ship.
      Your excitement will rub off on others, making them more excited.

• February 29, 2020 at 7:33 pm

thanks, but these people i’m talking about are also homeschooled. the reason i can’t participate in their conversations is because the things they talk about are usually fandoms i’m not in, jokes i don’t find funny, etc
        and i dont really have any opportunities to just go up and talk to people as that class is the only “group” thing i attend. honestly im not really sure i can do anything besides just wait and see if by some miracle, someone comes along

that's why i believe in youuu

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
      March 2, 2020 at 7:15 pm

Ugh I’m sorry <3 Sometimes I feel like this too but you shouldn't hide your excitement; it's what you like. And maybe the other person is doing the same. If you show how much you like something you really could get a friend that way.

Yeah I'm also homeschooled and lol conversations centered around it are reeeallyy annoying. Yeah, I’m homeschooled, next!!!
      Sometimes I feel incredibly lonely because of being homeschooled, so I relate there—also as a person who sucks at socializing.

Well, here's some cookies and *hugs*

So what?

8. 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb finally knows what people mean by 'spring is in the air')🌱
    February 27, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Haha ugh why

I feel like I’ve gotten worse at drawing instead of better 😛

Every time I go to draw I swear I’m going to blow a gasket—seriously, it sucks. I don’t know what’s happeeennninnngggggg

I’m just trying to draw a Saga reference uughhhh

So what?

9. Anon
    February 27, 2020 at 4:47 pm

Ooof can anybody please help me with finding the actual label for my sexuality?
    After thinking about it a lot I think that I’m only attracted to females currently, but it’s more than that.
    It’s also like… The idea of kissing? Kinda gross. The idea of getting married? Maybe. Moving in with somebody and just living together? Yep yep I’m in. Anything sexual? Eww no.
    So I think I might be an ace lesbian, but I can’t figure out if I’m aromantic… Since I do want to have a relationship with someone but idk.
    I also no for sure I don’t want children (nor to adopt ones) but guess I still have to babysit and all of that even tho I just don’t like little kids, since it’s a “practice for the future”. I don’t want kids and I don’t think they are that cute and I don’t think babysitting is that fun.

• February 29, 2020 at 4:54 am

You could be cupioromantic, which is when you don’t experience romantic attraction but still want a relationship. 🙂

#Viper4SW!

• March 2, 2020 at 12:56 am

You might be somewhere on the aromantic spectrum somewhere, so somewhere in between aromantic and what ever you call not aromantic. Here’s a link to a thing I looked at the other day if you want to check out the identities included on it: https://www.aromanticism.org/en/all-terms

*Hugs*

The Earthiest Earthling

10. February 27, 2020 at 4:49 pm

Time for an update!❤️✨
    I’ve been taking my new medication for a few weeks now, and yesterday we went back to the psychiatrist to do a check up on how I’m doing. The results are actually pretty noticeable, and I feel happier and less anxious about little things. My parents also say that I seem more social and more like my old self. The medication seems to be working fairly well and I feel pretty good. The psychiatrist even said that if I keep improving like this, I might not need to do therapy.

I just wanted to share this good news with you guys ❤️
    Have a wonderful day!

Vouch4Fawny <3

• Turtlepaw/ dapple.
      February 28, 2020 at 10:24 pm

That’s amazing Fawny! 😀

• February 29, 2020 at 4:54 am

That’s great! I’m so happy for you! 😀

#Viper4SW!

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      February 29, 2020 at 7:32 am

That’s good!

Scars~I AM THEY

11. Puddleshard
    February 27, 2020 at 6:43 pm

update from my last post here: the 2 week decision has been reversed and the ski trip people are back at school, so that’s nice.

Hope is a good thing.

12. Dapplepaw
    February 28, 2020 at 1:11 am

I’m kinda in a situation.
    So I’m gay, but I’m just not attracted to guys? Like, it’s not that I only like girls, it’s that I’m just not attracted to males/masculinity. So, in theory, I could be attracted to an agender or a more feminine/androgynous non-binary. That kinda makes me bi, but I just don’t feel comfortable with that label.
    Help.
    Also, I’m not just non-binary anymore. I also identify as gender fluid. I switch between mostly male and mostly female. Today I’m masculine.

• February 29, 2020 at 4:59 am

You could be polysexual, which is attracted to some genders but not all. Or attracted only to femininity, I forgot the name for that 😛 Or you could choose to not use labels at all. 🙂 Whatever you identify as, you’re valid <3

#Viper4SW!

• Jasminebreeze / Jazzy
        March 1, 2020 at 5:30 am

The word for that is Sapphic! Or, for people under the non-binary umbrella, trixic!

13. February 28, 2020 at 5:48 am

at the time of writing this i’m incredibly shaken up so if this seems overdramatic or over the top then that will explain why

but i incorrectly swallowed a pill and i might have been choking on it for a while. my throat’s really sore right now and the pill didn’t come up, so i don’t know if it went down my esophagus (food pipe) or into the area where my lungs are but it really hurts right now. my dad had to perform the heimlich maneuver on me, and it didn’t work. i hate the feeling so much and it feels like i might choke to death. i don’t even know if i even will live from this, it’s extremely painful and the fact that nothing else worked is scaring me. i’m really hoping that it was just a false alarm but i still feel a lot of pain in my throat and jaw, and i really don’t think i’ll be able to stomach eating anything tomorrow, assuming i even make it until then or manage fall asleep and wake up. i don’t want to die. it really feels like i might. i think i might have to go to the emergency room as well

again i’m sorry if this seemed like too much but this just happened so as you can imagine i am terrified at the time of writing this

Hummus

• Jasminebreeze / Jazzy
      February 28, 2020 at 12:45 pm

Hey, I had the same thing happen to me yesterday, and it went away with a few big gulps of water. It wouldn’t come out no matter how hard I coughed, and my mom thought it was my being sick that made me cough that much. Low and behold, I took a big drink of water and it felt much better. If that doesn’t work, you might want to call a doctor, but if it does, great!

• February 28, 2020 at 4:03 pm

I hope you’re okay, Ivyne. <3 But you should go to the ER as soon as possible, even if it doesn't seem like a huge deal, it can be. Get it checked out so you can relax. <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• Purple Dusk
      February 28, 2020 at 9:44 pm

Huggies.
      I will praying for you Ivyne.

Purple Dusk

P.S.
      I will be getting my Guardian Angel to pray for you too.

• Turtlepaw/ dapple.
      February 28, 2020 at 10:22 pm

I’m so sorry. ❤️ Here’s all the hugs!
      *Takes deep breath.*