The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

23,800 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    June 12, 2019 at 7:37 pm

I’m sick of being treated poorly by my friends and being a second choice. Honeypaw and Gingerpaw can be so mean and annoying sometimes (mostly Honeypaw)! Our friend Snowpaw’s birthay party is coming up and we were all invited. On our group chat I asked Snowppaw what she wanted. Honeypaw replies with “PASTY SCROLL UP!” It turns out she already said it. It made me super mad and I felt like crying.
    Honeypaw and Gingerpaw literally always hang out with eachother. They also post pictures of them hanging out together and send them on the group chat. It makes me feel left out and like no one likes me. They clearly favor eachother over everyone else in our friend group.
    I also feel like Gingerpaw has changes a lot since she got instagram. She has a huge crush on this guy who was in a movie he saw. It turns out that he has a girl friend. Gingerpaw is constantly sending pictures of him and his gf and talking about how she wants to kill her. Gingerpaw also said that she wanted our whole friend group to get his merch I said “no” because I didn’t want a shirt with a random guys head on it. She replied with “yes” and it felt really defensive and forceful. I saw in a text that she said horror movies were boring. I know everyone has a different opinion but it really hurt my feelings because I thought she liked horror movies.
    My birthday party I going to be in a few weeks and Gingerpaw and Honeypaw are gonna come. I’m worried that they will bully me and/or not pay any attention to me. I used to consider them my best friends but now I don’t. I do have other friends who treat me well coming to my birthday.
    I also feel like Honeypaw and Gingerpaw started disliking me ever since I went to Hawaii. I don’t know why going to Hawaii and telling your friends about it makes you bad. I haven’t seen any of my friends in forever though. Anyways I’m just sick of being treated poorly by people I considerd friends.

And that’s the tea.

• June 12, 2019 at 9:44 pm

awww I’m sorry Pasty. It’s natural for friends to change and drift apart. But just because they favor each other doesn’t mean they don’t like you! I think you should tell them how you feel. They’re probably not intentionally trying to make you feel bad, so if you tell them they can work on changing their behavior. But if they don’t change, it’s okay to find new friends. With the girlfriend thing, Gingerpaw sounds really toxic, but I don’t know her. But she could have changed her opinion on horror movies, and the no/yes thing is a joke I’ve done with my friends before. But it’s very easy to miscommunicate, especially over the internet. Please talk to them. Communication is really important. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• June 12, 2019 at 10:58 pm

I feel you. Like so much. But sadly, my only advice is, cling on to the good friends.

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• Lightningheart
      June 13, 2019 at 2:32 am

Me and my old friend drifted apart, also. She would always threaten me, and then joke about it the next day. You need to tell them how you feel. If something goes wrong, come to me, and I will help you as much as I can.

• Pebblerose
        June 13, 2019 at 2:35 pm

Don’t let yourself be treated poorly, Pasty! No one deserves that, especially someone kind like you. I wouldn’t tolerate a “friend” like that, nobody should! Friends have turned on me before, so I get it.
        We’re your friends, Pasty, so your never alone here.

• June 13, 2019 at 7:14 am

Pasty I feel ya I’m in a similar situation stay strong Pasty you CAN do it 😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄( + you can have a digital hug )

• June 13, 2019 at 11:00 am

It’s okay Pasty! Change can be hard. But soon you’ll find new friends and the bad times will be forgotten! Everyone at BlogClan is your friend!

In StarClan we trust

• Starpaw/blossom (Back Again...)
      June 14, 2019 at 5:36 pm

Oh dear I’m sorry <3
      It’s natural for this to happen. I grown farther from some of my friends, and last year at my birthday party, one of my younger sister’s friends was so rude to me (on my birthday) and she just ruined my day. I can only advise you to ignore them. Last year I hid in a small room and read Warriors (wonder why :P) after my sister’s friend ruined my feelings. Ginger and Honey really shouldn’t be treating you like that. And Instagram definitely changes people. Maybe it’s time to move on. People will drift apart. I barely know my best friend from 3rd grade anymore. We were so close. And Ginger definitely shouldn’t be talking about killing someone’s girlfriend.

That lonely forgotten star...

• Eaglefrost
      June 16, 2019 at 3:41 am

I’m sorry Pasty. My heart broke for you at that first sentence because I feel the exact same way and a couple of weeks ago I had an argument with my parents about how I feel like I’m people’s second choice for a friend. Anyhow, is there anyway that you could talk to your friends about how you feel? When I was feeling especially awful about my relationship with my best friend, I told her that I was feeling replaced and under appreciated and now, I’m not worrying about whether she likes me or not and our relationship is great. (Also, I have a weird thing about overly and underly [is that a word] attaching to people…) But I digress.
      As for what to do about your friends being mad at you, if they are mad at you because you got to go to Hawaii, then, maybe they aren’t true friends. Or, they are experiencing jealousy. My brother got to go on a tour to Europe last summer with a band made up of some of the best musicians in my state. Anyhow, as someone who has been begging to travel and experience things, I was quite jealous of my brother for a while. But then, I got over it and I was able to be happy for him. I hope that they will eventually want to hear about your experiences. Until then, you can tell us on BlogClan all about it. I, for one, would love to hear about Hawaii trip, especially as someone who has actually been to Hawaii. ☺️
      I hope some of this was helpful and not just a bunch of random rambles. But, anyways, we here on BlogClan love you. Hugs. ❤️

2. June 13, 2019 at 4:22 am

I was working on a random name generator when the site suddenly decided to sign me out, causing me to lose all my work.

…Sometimes I really, really hate WordPress. This is one of those times.

Oof

• June 13, 2019 at 7:44 am

ughhhhh i’m sorry about that Hazy! I hate that! But at least this time it’ll take less time because you won’t have to think of ideas. Plus I usually find when I rewrite something it’s better the second time around. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• June 13, 2019 at 1:12 pm

I’m hoping it’ll turn out better though, all I remember from it was the names Sagecloud and Shoretuft which was part of the example 😛

And honestly if it wasn’t WordPress that had done it, then it would’ve been the internet because for some reason the internet is really bad where I live 😛

Oof

• Pebblerose
      June 13, 2019 at 2:37 pm

AW 🙁 that sucks

• Winterwhisper, BlogTeam Edition
      June 14, 2019 at 2:21 am

Ugh, technology and the internet can be so frustrating at times. Sorry that happened, Hazel. 🙁

Where do we begin?

3. anonymousss
    June 13, 2019 at 9:51 am

i’ll go anonymous even tho this isn’t even that personal but kinda just felt like it, if you know who i am please don’t say it here thanks and sorry for the length

i have a group of friends whom i’ve known for a year and a half and lately for a week or two three of us have hung out in the evenings
    one of the friends has to leave an hour earlier so that leaves me and the other girl alone for some time, an hour or so
    it doesn’t bother me at all and in fact we’re pretty close (she was the first person i opened up to about some big things) and talking about deep stuff and all together has done good things to our friendship
    but then one evening we were talking about something and long story short both started crying & we hugged for like an hour and it brought us closer again
    the next evening when we were alone we just hugged again and the same thing the next evening and so on… but the catch is, i don’t feel like we’re hugging for the same reason anymore if you get me? everything’s super odd and yes i love hugging her and it’s one of the day’s highlights i’m just incredibly confused with everything
    the day before she texted me (we always texted after every meet up) this rambly long thing full of apologizing where she said sometimes when she hugs me she gets the urge to kiss me on the cheek or something and that i shouldn’t take it the wrong way and that she doesn’t want to sound weird or ruin our friendship or anything and that she obviously won’t do it
    i didn’t take it the wrong way and actually i was kinda glad i guess that i made her feel that way and all and luckily things weren’t awkward at all afterwards but this just keeps bugging me not like the wrong way but y’know
    yesterday we kinda talked some things through about the confusion going on and she said in a long text and very sneakily that some of her feelings towards me have kinda changed and “these” maybe never existed before and i just don’t know anything i know she’s bi probably but she said she’s also confused and gahhh
    the reason why i’m telling you this is because i simply need to get this out and get some idk opinions or something?? the thing bothering me here is that i don’t honestly know anything & i’m confused with myself and everything else, i’m annoyed that i can’t tell if it’s a squish again as i have experienced some of those before but never ever had crushes on girls (have doubted my sexuality tho) and it’s stressing me out i don’t wanna “lead” her into thinking anything but luckily she’s super sweet and understanding and even if there was something i’m sure we wouldn’t do anything about it we’re both that kind of people
    it’s just idk some things we and especially her have said already indicate something but for some reason everything went down so fast and idk if i’m on the same level with this as she is anyway yesterday when i hugged her her heart was hammering like a tambourine lol and i’m just out here trying to figure out what is going on and whether this is platonic or not and gaahhh help

obviously no hugs needed but some advice or some opinions or idk would be appreciated, thanks for reading <3

• Lightningpaw(Lightingheart)
      June 13, 2019 at 4:20 pm

I don’t know what to say, but I have been in the same situation🙂 Maybe its just that you guys are so close, she thinks of you as a great person. If you have developed any feelings for her, that’s OK. Just tell her how you feel. Hope this helps🙂

• Pebblerose
      June 13, 2019 at 4:52 pm

I don’t really have advice, but that does sound confusing, and awkward 🙁

• Winterwhisper, BlogTeam Edition
        June 14, 2019 at 2:21 am

Yeah, me neither, but that’s definitely a difficult situation. Feel better soon. Sorry this is happening ;(

Where do we begin?

• June 13, 2019 at 6:39 pm

Aww I’m really sorry! I’m aromantic and I’ve never been in a situation like that so I’m not sure what to do, sorry. I think it’s great that you guys are so close and you’re being honest with each other about this stuff! Communication is really important in any relationship (romantic or platonic). I think you should do what makes you both happy and comfortable. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

4. Astie Doesn't Want to Have Exams (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
    June 13, 2019 at 12:42 pm

Please wish me good luck for my tomorrow’s BAFS (business, accounting, and financial studies) exam. This subject is really confusing and I still haven’t totally understood it yet 😿. It’s stressing me out 🙀…

• Pebblerose
      June 13, 2019 at 2:39 pm

I wish you loads of luck!!! GREAT LUCK, ASTIE! You can do it!! I know you can do it better than I could!!

• Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
      June 13, 2019 at 3:57 pm

Good luck! I’m sure you will do great 👍

And that’s the tea.

• June 13, 2019 at 6:43 pm

good luck Astie!! Keep studying!! Ask a friend to explain it to you. The formal vs informal language difference might make it click for you. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

• Winterwhisper, BlogTeam Edition
      June 14, 2019 at 2:22 am

Good luck! I bet you’ll do splendid. I’m not good at any business/financial stuff 😛

Where do we begin?

• Pineblossom loves the rain ☔️
      June 14, 2019 at 2:39 am

Good luck Astie! Just trust your common sense and choose the one that makes the most sense!

No mourners no funerals

5. Pastelpaw🌸Pasty
    June 13, 2019 at 8:32 pm

Now I really don’t want to have Honeypaw to my birthday. On our group chat we were talking about movies we could watch on Netflix at Snowpaw’s birthday tomorrow. Someone suggested Gremlins and I said that it wasn’t that good, of course Honeypaw reply’s with “well THANKS for spoiling it for us.” I replied with “I’m not spoiling it. I’m just saying it’s not that good.” Then Honeypaw says “But that is a way of spoiling it bc u r saying it’s not good so that makes us not wanna watch it.” Apparently she doesn’t know the difference between spoiling someone and saying an opinion. I said “I’m just saying my opinion.” Then Honeypaw says “Ok just wait till we all watch it to tell us wut u think.” I tell her “Well I’ve already seen it before.” Someone says “How about we watch something that isn’t bad.” I was like “Good idea.” And of course Honeypaw is like “I wanted to see it but now since you said it’s bad it ruined my idea.” I’m seriously sick of being treated poorly by my friend. Being with Honeypaw is like walking on eggshells and if you break one you get yelled at. Now I’m kinda dreading Snowpaw’s bday party tomorrow.

And that’s the tea.

• June 13, 2019 at 11:44 pm

I feel the need to reply but have no idea what to say. Just… Avoid her???????????????????????????

I feel so dumb but like that’s what I am so 😛

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• Starpaw/blossom (Back Again...)
      June 14, 2019 at 5:40 pm

OH MY I’M SO SORRY!
      Gingerpaw should definitely NOT be saying that. For goodness sake, it’s your OPINION! Is seeing those little ratings with the stars a spoiler then? No! It’s just how people decide whether they should watch something so they don’t waste their time and so the producers can hopefully create something better next time! (I really, really, really want to tell Gingerpaw all that)
      Good luck tomorrow!

That lonely forgotten star...

• June 14, 2019 at 5:54 pm

What that’s really rude no one waits until you’ve seen the movie to give their opinion that’s not a spoiler because you might not share the same opinion

still just talk to her and tell her what she’s doing is bothering you because she might have no idea. But if she does, stop engaging with her immediately. Bullies thrive on attention, so if you don’t give them any they’ll get bored and stop. Besides, it’s better to stay away from toxic people like that anyway. *huggles*

🌊 Queen of Canon Correcting🌊

6. Embermoon/paw (Emby)
    June 14, 2019 at 12:35 am

To everyone who is feeling sad, just remember: the world is like a machine. Machines never have any extra parts, just like people. If you are on this earth, you are here for a reason! Love you all! *hugs!*

🌈June is Pride Month! 🌈

7. June 14, 2019 at 8:07 pm

I don’t belong anywhere. I’ll explain.

In public I keep close to my mom and we talk in Chinese. I often don’t know what to do in social situations and I’m awkward that way, and when I don’t react instantly my mom always translates people’s English instructions into Chinese for me, so I bet everyone who sees me thinks I’m a tourist when I’m in my hometown.

In my parent’s home country, I am very aware that I am different. Apparently I have an American aura in the way I speak, act, behave, and react. Also, according to my parents and all their friends in their home countru, there is an appearance difference between Taiwanese/Chinese/Cantonese and First-generations.

I also really hate Eurocentrism. My experiences with it have been that going to Europe is super cool, but going to Asia is not at all. The people who are like “My parents are from Paris”, for example, get popular, while I was ignored and looked at weirdly. People are like, for example, “I’m part Irish, Italian, and French, and I’m descended from Napoleon!” or something like that get lots of attention and “wows” and “cools”, while when I said something about being descended from a Chinese dynasty, I was also looked at weirdly. Everyone is like, “I speak English and I know a bit of French, Italian, Spanish, and Portuguese” and everyone is like “wow”, and I say “I speak English and Chinese fluently” and they don’t care, even though, no offense, Chinese and English are super different and I learned English in two days among a crowd of racist kids.

I feel ugly. I know I’m not, but I struggle with accepting my race a lot.

I’m starting French lessons next year in school. I am ashamed to say that I chose French because it looks fancy (see look, I hate stereotypes and I’m already stereotyping. Well, I guess I blame society for that but I hate myself.) and I feel so insecure when I don’t understand it, which makes no sense. I just want to be accepted by the world I live in, and I want to be really good at French so I can look fancy and feel worthless less, but I feel guilty for having those reasons.

I don’t know anymore. I just feel left out and underrepresented. I feel sad when people are super interested in Europe but don’t care about Asia at all. I put more on the Discord talk to us server.

Hey Victor!

• June 14, 2019 at 9:16 pm

I’m not sure if I’m going to help you feel better whatsoever but like, I’m going to try??? I might sound really stupid and like awful but I try to make things sound right 😛

Honestly, I’ve heard you talk about how you’re Chinese and stuff and I’ve actually sorta been like, interested in you and wanted to talk to you? I don’t know how to explain it 😛 I have a tendency to like all the places and things not many other people like? For example, I really like kpop, and Finland, and Korea and idk weird things like that. And how you mentioned that people really like people from France and Britain and stuff like that?? I don’t know I like Asian people. Just their lifestyle is so much different I find it interesting. I watch a lot of kpop(which there are a few Chinese people in kpop. I know one in a group, and there’s a whole group of Chinese boys(cutest kids ever might I add))

And Chinese looks like a hard language. I’m studying Korean, and it’s hard enough. Chinese and English don’t even have the same alphabet, it’s much more impressive.

And the whole French thing, don’t be ashamed about that or hate yourself. French is a fancy language 😛 I don’t know why but it is. I’d much rather learn it than Spanish because Spanish idk I’ve seen too many people use it and I SHOULD learn it but y’know I’ll just learn a language no one over here uses 😛

So yeah, hope this somewhat made you feel better??? Idk. I apologize if I accidentally said something offensive, because I am terrible and finding the right and polite words and I always come across rude somehow 😛 Btw, if you want we can chat sometime if you have wiki. I’ve seen you around a lot and I’d kinda like to talk to you just because you seem really nice honestly, and I should break out of my friend bubble a bit 😛

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• June 14, 2019 at 9:43 pm

I’m sorry to hear that. I read your whole comment, and I hope that things get better for you! I don’t have great advice, but I do know that not everyone is like that. Hopefully you’ll meet nicer people someday who aren’t so close-minded. 🙂

❤ Loyal Warrior of BlogClan! ❤

• Shadowcloud (Clo)
      June 14, 2019 at 11:59 pm

I’m so sorry Raven<3 I don't really have advice, but just remember you'll always fit in here, we love you no matter your race <3 I hope you feel better<3<3

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      June 15, 2019 at 5:06 pm

I’m so sorry you have to deal with the racism and stereotyping, Raven. Is there a lot of Asian representation in Europe? Wikipedia says less than 1% are Chinese, so I’m assuming that no one is very exposed to Chinese culture. If they haven’t been exposed to it much, then they wouldn’t really be interested in it either. Maybe if you embraced it more and became more confident about being Chinese, they will come to embrace it too, and take more interest in it. I struggle with my Asian looks as well – sometimes it just feels like nobody wants you there, because of your looks, or even just your aura. Admittedly, I have it much easier than you, with 5% of the entire Canadian population being Chinese, but I think the first step is accepting yourself. Knowing how to fluently speak two languages is impressive. And even if they might have different opinions, I assure you that you look beautiful.
      And the French thing – don’t worry yourself about the stereotypes. It’s kind of like a survival mechanism, to group things together and understand the world easier. French will get easier as you learn it, and you’ll be able to understand more. It’s kinda similar to English, in ways. I’m sure River would be very proud of you 😉
      There are people out there who will understand, and accept you as who you are. There are so many of us, whether we’re more Asian, or whitewashed, or even just an ally who tries to understand. Lots and lots of hugs ❤️

Fro4SW!

8. June 14, 2019 at 8:58 pm

I just finished my last class and I’m done with school. But honestly I’m really sad because I am gonna miss some kf my classmates and my teacher. I legit almost started crying at the end

Everybody say "Colorado"!

• Shadowcloud (Clo)
      June 14, 2019 at 11:57 pm

Oh Cedar, I’m sorry, leaving schools you love can be sad, and it’s okay to cry, there’s really no cure, just let it all out. And you can keep contact with your friends☺Don’t worry, you’ll always meet new friends, and there is always great teachers along the road 🙂

9. Anonymous
    June 15, 2019 at 1:56 am

I’m going to sound really stupid (and I am so I guess it’s no problem), but here I go…
    So you probably know that Cheetah, Rainie, Frosto, and Spidey are running for SW together. And I love them all to pieces and they’re all my friends, but it just reminded me how much I’ve missed/been left out on since I went inactive.
    More about that: I’ve been complaining for so long that I’m inactive. And I hate myself so much for doing that. I complain so much yet I never do anything about it while everyone is trying to encourage me but I just feel so stupid.
    Back to my friends: I know this is very stupid, but I feel left out (there. I said it. See why I hate myself? I’m so selfish and stupid). And this just reminds me how I’ve held off on running for SW (because I think I’m inactive and I love my mentor far to much to leave her right now :P), and that no one would vouch for me. You’re going to say you would (if you don’t hate me already), but what could you say about me? I’m such a useless person. I’ve done nothing except complain.
    And there’s something else but that would make it even more obvious as to who I am (and I really don’t want everyone to hate me because you probably secretly do). I’ll just keep it inside (I’ve complained enough and wanted a lot of your time as it is).
    I think you can guess who I am, but if you can’t, it’s a good thing! 1 more person who doesn’t absolutely hates me and only dislikes me!

• Willowstep (Wistep)
      June 15, 2019 at 6:07 am

no matter who you are, we do care about you. <3 you are not selfish. you are not stupid. it's perfectly normal to feel left out because that's just the way we work. you don't have to run for sw because it's definitely not required once you reach your first clanniversary. 😛 it's actually really good that you like your mentor! honestly, i'm not great at advice in general but here are my two cents: no one's going to judge you here. if they do, that's going to be their problem. just… try to be yourself, because that's what blogclan is meant for. 🙂 i hope you feel better soon. if you ever need someone to talk to, we're here for you. *huggles*

anyway the wind blows~

• Cheetahspark
      June 15, 2019 at 3:32 pm

Why would anyone here hate you? It’s not because you’re “stupid” (because you’re most definitely not). Sure, everyone has done stupid things (especially me), but that doesn’t make us stupid people. But this comment? Not stupid. And if you feel this badly, then it was a good idea to post it on the Hug Page, because that is what it’s for.

However, I wouldn’t be opposed to us talking privately about this if you want to go into more detail. It’s perfectly fine to have gone inactive – you don’t have to make yourself go on the Blog. The Blog is supposed to be an escape, not a chore. And there’s nothing easier than getting back into the groove of things once you come back (the fact that you’re starting to be active again means that you’re trying, which is immense progress).

If you don’t think people would vouch for you if you ran for senior warrior, don’t run until you know that they will. You have to give them reasons that will convince them. Like Wistep said, running for senior warrior isn’t required immediately after you hit one year. And don’t set yourself up for failure by saying that no one will vouch – give enough to the Blog, and you’ll be given more than enough vouches back.

I’m very sorry you feel like you’re left out, especially since it was us that did it to you. And feeling that way? It doesn’t make you selfish or stupid. It makes you human. I would be more worried if you didn’t feel like you were left out – at least it means that you care about us as much as we care about you! We are also at fault here. We should have made more of an effort to reach out to you.

I’m sorry that you feel this way. If being inactive brought on these feelings, then fight hard to stay active (if you make yourself go on every day, it will quickly become a habit). If you want to talk to me, i’m always available. My one piece for advice is to fight for what you want.

*huggles* <3

Spidey4SW

• Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
      June 15, 2019 at 5:11 pm

First of all, you’re such an amazing friend and I would never want you to feel left out. I get where you’re coming from. I’ve been through inactivity, and coming back feeling quite a bit out of it. I would just give you the advice of just simply being more active. The more time you spend on here, the closer you will feel with us, and the more connected. I know I’ve forced myself to come here some days just to put my presence on here, and by simply doing that you will be creating more connections and bonds.
      And please – you’re not stupid or selfish by complaining. I don’t think this even counts as complaining. You’re explaining your emotions and venting. That’s a good healthy skill to have. We love you ❤️

Fro4SW!

10. June 15, 2019 at 2:08 am

On my grade’s group chat, one of the boys who is nice to our group said that his friend (who is also nice to my group) had tried to commit suicide but he failed. I really hope he’s all right.

• Willowstep (Wistep)