The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848 Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

32,840 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Four-Leaved Moona (Moonpaw/leap)
    March 27, 2020 at 4:34 am

Small update (trigger warning, mention of self harm)
    So I saw my dad’s razor blade on the counter and got really tempted, but I didn’t cut so proud of myself, instead I’m drawing and writing, that’s prob a much better way to cope

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb The Feminist)🌱
      March 27, 2020 at 8:38 pm

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yesss that is sssssooooooooooooooooo much better. <333 Please never. ever. do that. <3
      It's such a better way to cope. So much better. *hugs* You should be proud.

SrizelFTW

• March 27, 2020 at 11:02 pm

I’m proud of you for not giving in <3

Next time you feel an urge like that, instead of taking it out on yourself, I recommend grabbing a pencil and furiously scribbling on a piece of paper with the side of your pencil's lead. It might make you feel better, and it's much healthier than the alternative. <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• Swiftnose
      March 28, 2020 at 1:24 am

Yes! Great job on getting this under control!

That man is playing Galaga!

2. March 27, 2020 at 12:24 pm

So today my crush came up to me and started talking to me, BUT HE WAS WAYYYY TO CLOSE TO ME! but I really like him but I don’t want him to get in trouble for not social distancing and…
    I NEED HUGS AND ADVICE!
    A) advice for crush
    B) we were playing cricket and EVERYONE who was playing probably saw and now I feel… embarrassed
    C) I don’t wanna get him in trouble!
    D) I am celebrating the fact that i managed a 30 minute cricket match next to my crush and talking to him! I am very proud at this achievement!
    You can see how torn I am between happiness, worry and embarrassment!
    In three words –
    I. Need. Help!

~ σк вσσмєя σк вσσмєя ~

• March 27, 2020 at 6:08 pm

*hugs* (: <3333333333

don't look at me like that

• March 27, 2020 at 11:03 pm

If someone is too close to you, it’s absolutely fine to say, “Hey, could you back up, I sort of need a bubble!” and smile. They have no reason to be upset after that.

#ThankYouWoojin

3. March 27, 2020 at 3:56 pm

So things have been happening… lots of bad days… lots of bad help… and I’m literally on the verge of not getting out of bed. Ever. If it makes sense, I guess I’m always the therapist, the one that fixes all the problems. The one place I haven’t been doing that (like I should) is BlogClan. I just don’t have the words because at the end of the day I’ve already been through giving out so much comfort that I myself want to cry my eyes out. I myself am a unhappy person. I feel like that if everybody else were happy I’d be happy but I always fail at it. I’m so tired… and even without comforting people my life is still a wreck. I wish I could just have never grown up. Now I’m seen as an adult (I AM A FREAKING TEEN) and I suddenly get hit with the weight of the world.. I just need to be the one getting comfort this time I guess. I know that sounds so selfish but I- I need help.

My website is clickable.

• Kate
      March 27, 2020 at 3:59 pm

Have a huge hug, Crystal. I know your feel terrible right now but this too shall pass. Hang in there until it does. It will all be ok. ❤️

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• March 27, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Thank you so much Ms. Kate. It means a whole lot.

My website is clickable.

• Kate
          March 27, 2020 at 4:47 pm

I hope feel better soon, Crystal.

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

• March 27, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Hey. <3

You don't always need to be the one giving comfort. You're human, you aren't perfect. You're still a kid <3 Give people comfort, but allow them to give you comfort as well. Open your shell a bit, let them know that you also need a hug every now and then. You're not selfish, you're human. Instead of worrying about the "weight of the world" do something that makes you feel childish again. Whether it was an old tv show, movie, or youtuber you used to watch, watch it. Go back to the simpler times, even if for a moment. It won't make you weak. <3

#ThankYouWoojin

• March 27, 2020 at 5:21 pm

Oh heck. That actually made me smile. Hmm.. maybe I should watch the old MAPs ;3

My website is clickable.

• March 27, 2020 at 11:05 pm

Ooooh, which are your favorites? 🙂

#ThankYouWoojin

• Birchfoot
      March 28, 2020 at 1:31 am

Crystal, I’m going to say something that might be a hard pill to swallow. You should not be your friends’ or family members’ therapist. Absolutely not. And if they are expecting you to act like it, then that is obviously a huge emotional burden for you – it’s likely why you’re so tired. It’s exhausting to be constantly around negativity and problems with no reprieve – this is why therapists are trained to emotionally distance themselves from their clients so as to not wreck their own health. Yes, they care, and yes they want to help people; however, they maintain certain emotional boundaries so they don’t burn out

Friends are supposed to be there to comfort each other, that’s obviously true, but your friends shouldn’t always rely on you to solve all their problems – that’s unhealthy for both of you. If you feel overwhelmed or exhausted by the negative emotions being brought up, I encourage you to have a conversation about what boundaries you need or what. Think on it for a while – what sort of boundaries would make you feel better? Would you like it if people warned you if they’re going to rant? Can you establish a sort of code for when you aren’t in the right headspace to solve other people’s problems? Remember: it is OKAY to put yourself first when you need to, and if people are not willing to accept that, then it’s likely a toxic relationship and you should have a conversation about that

It’s not selfish to ask for help nor are you a bad person for not wanting to be always solving other people’s – it’s human. We all have our limits. And it’s okay.

4. Plipplop (Snowpuff)
    March 27, 2020 at 4:39 pm

My sister had to go to the hospital because she had a psychotic episode. (She’s suffering from bipolar) It was last night that she was taken, and the worst thing is that due to the Coronavirus I can’t go with my family to visit her. I just hope she gets better soon…

Snowpuff for senior warrior!

• -Spirit Has Given Up-
      March 27, 2020 at 5:20 pm

Oh noes!
      I hope your sister gets better
      GOSH DANG IT CORONAVIRUS CAN YOU JUST GO AWAY?!

I shall throw snowballs at you

Omc I am so sorry Plippy. I’ll pray for you guys and her <333

SrizelFTW

• Dewfeather and my friend Spiritflower
      March 27, 2020 at 10:39 pm

Can you FaceTime her?

HUGS

Suck it suck it come on son!!!

• Swiftnose
      March 28, 2020 at 1:26 am

Aw, man. I hope she feels better soon!

That man is playing Galaga!

5. Anonymous
    March 27, 2020 at 5:27 pm

I’m so pathetic. My problems are smaller than others and they don’t complain. I’m a whiny pathetic insane liar.

• March 27, 2020 at 6:16 pm

Hey, I’m not necessarily sure what your problems are, but let me tell you this. No problems are bigger than anyone else’s. Problems are problems. There’s no shame in crying, venting, or when you need it, venting. Tell people when you need help. I’m guilty of doing the same exact thing so don’t think you’re alone. I usually hide my feelings, because it feels better to help other’s with theirs. Please don’t walk down my path, it gets really rough. You aren’t whiny, pathetic, or insane for getting help. If you need recommendations, maybe try laying down, closing your eyes, and listening to music. It helps.

My website is clickable.

• Pinestripe
      March 27, 2020 at 7:59 pm

There is no shame in needing help sometimes. You have the right to ask for it.
      Your problems matter to us, no matter how small. If they bother you, that means they matter, and good friends will see that and help you.
      You can’t help how you feel, and you aren’t whiny, pathetic, or insane for needing help. We all need it sometimes.
      I hope you get through whatever you’re going through. <3

• Snowbreeze
      March 27, 2020 at 9:29 pm

The Hug Page is for anyone who is struggling, or whoever feels like they need help. It’s okay to come no matter what. <3 You're not pathetic for wanting help – if your problems bother you, then it's good to seek advice! We don't hold it against you. 🙂 I hope you get past what's bothering you. *Hugs* <3

• March 27, 2020 at 10:51 pm

Even if your problems are smaller, that doesn’t mean you don’t need help with them! Just because you speak out about them, doesn’t make you weak!

You always have a place to vent here, you are not whiny or weak, you have as much right to ask for help as anyone else. 🙂

#ThankYouWoojin

• Fallenshadows
      March 28, 2020 at 1:03 pm

No problem is too “small” for the Hug Page. <3 No matter what, you can always post here, and BlogClan will be there for you. You are not whiny, or pathetic, or insane, or liar. You can always talk about your problems here. We love you! I hope you feel better. <3 *hugs* <3 <3 <3

6.022 x 10^23

• Shadeleaf
      March 28, 2020 at 2:57 pm

You are not whiny or pathetic or insane or a liar. It’s okay if you have problems and you don’t need to pretend you’re okay if you are sad. You are loved.

No shadow you won't light up ✝

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 12:58 pm

Hey, don’t worry. I do the same thing. Just yesterday, my lightbulb in my room burst, and I complained and asked my dad for a new one. Then I remembered that there are people who have a reason to be complaining who are in the hospital, sick with this virus. So I felt really bad, and didn’t complain.
      Now, everyone complains about something; it’s a part of life. So get this when I tell you. You are not whiny(or, at least, not as whiny as my brothers. They set the whiny bar REALLY high). You are not pathetic. You are not insane and you certainly aren’t a liar, so far as I can see. Keep your chin up.
      I send my kitty Scarlet the Kitty through the screen in order to make you feel better.

LSG whose bday in 30 days

6. Moona
    March 27, 2020 at 9:43 pm

So my mom got a call from my school last night so now she knows about the whole depression thing, but we’re working on getting better so that’s good

• March 27, 2020 at 9:49 pm

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 12:59 pm

EEEEEEE YAY FOR MOONA

LSG whose bday in 30 days

7. Dewfeather and my friend Spiritflower
    March 27, 2020 at 10:40 pm

If you are insanely bored or need comfort do this…

Grab a bag, drawstring, backpack, or a shopping bag
    Put in a stress ball
    Put in something to listen to like a radio
    Put in drawing items
    Single player game (I like scrabble flash)
    Maybe a favorite book, pillow, blanket, or stuffie
    Craft kits
    Maybe puzzles or a hobby like sewing or playing the kazoo
    Snacks-
    Chips
    Candy
    Drinks
    Sandwiches

Suck it suck it come on son!!!

• March 27, 2020 at 10:55 pm

Thank you!

I am SO giving this suggestion a go!

Why won’t you play the game?

• March 27, 2020 at 11:40 pm

View post on imgur.com

Update: I’ve done it and made my own boredom-busting backpack using your suggestions! 😀

Here are the contents:

– Two stress balls
        – Three of my favourite music CDs
        – Coloured pencils
        – Playing cards (for playing solataire by myself)
        – My favourite book (Tailchaser’s Song) and Worry Eater stuffed soft plush toy (Bonus: It can eat my worries!)
        – Two jigsaw puzzles
        – A dot-to-dot book or magazine

Thanks! 🙂

Why won’t you play the game?

• Fallenshadows
      March 28, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Ooh that’s a great idea! 🙂

6.022 x 10^23

• Shadeleaf
      March 28, 2020 at 3:00 pm

That is brilliant Dewfeather!

No shadow you won't light up ✝

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:00 pm

I NEED THIS THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

LSG whose bday in 30 days

8. March 28, 2020 at 1:35 am

Does an A- count as an A? I got my report card back today; I got all A’s and one A-. My grandma always asks me whenever she calls if I got all A’s; I want to tell her I did so I will continue to be one of her favorites, but I don’t want to lie. So do A-‘s count as A’s?

I cannot stop twinkling!

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      March 28, 2020 at 1:52 am

I would say so that it does count. However, go with what you think it is if you think that you did your best in that course, that’s what matters. Personally, if it isn’t a very important course I would be honest. It’s up to you!

Scars~I AM THEY

• Birchfoot
      March 28, 2020 at 2:02 am

I would say it absolutely counts as an A 🙂

• Quietstream
      March 28, 2020 at 2:07 am

Yep! A- minus is a GREAT mark!

Call me Quiet.... or Batman

• Swiftnose
      March 28, 2020 at 2:49 am

It does, but why does your grandma care so much about your marks? She should like you for you! Not a piece of paper! Still, it absolutely counts as an A!

That man is playing Galaga!

• falling feather
      March 28, 2020 at 5:18 am

I would love to say it counts as an A as well. It really justs depends on the class. Also, you know your grandma. If she would like you more if you’re honest.
      If I were you I would say I got an A-, but only because I feel bad for everything (ex. I feel super guilty if I leave one sequin the opposite color on my sister’s chameleon pillow).
      Whatever you do I’m sure your grandma will still consider you one of her favorites.
      You got this!

carpe diem

• Fallenshadows
      March 28, 2020 at 12:59 pm

Yeah, an A- definitely counts as an A! 🙂

6.022 x 10^23

• Snowbreeze
      March 28, 2020 at 2:49 pm

Yes, I’d say it does! But I’d say that your grandma would love you no matter what happened. 🙂

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb The Feminist)🌱
      March 28, 2020 at 9:00 pm

I would say yes. But wait: You’re grades should not determine of whether or not she likes you—that’s just wrong. I’d bet anything your grandma would still love you whether or not you got all Fs. Don’t worry <33

But I would say it counts :))

SrizelFTW

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:01 pm

Yes. A-minus just means you got from an 89.5 to a 94.4.

LSG whose bday in 30 days

9. Emberpaw/blossom (Emby)
    March 29, 2020 at 5:28 am

I feel so hopeless and alone right now.

Right now I’m crying while I listen to Someone you loved.

It’s not like heaving sobs, I’m lying in bed with tears streaming down my face.

I feel like there’s nobody I can confide in.

My parents are pressuring my to do well in my classes but I’m not as smart as they want me to be.

I just can’t do this anymore.

I can’t please everyone, and the stress of trying to is tearing me apart.

I don’t really feel anything anymore, just empty.

The person who I thought was my best friend abandon me and accused me of being fake depressed.

I just can’t do this anymore.

idk man

• falling feather
      March 29, 2020 at 8:44 pm

You don’t have to please everyone (it’s impossible)! It is a waste of energy trying to please everyone. Getting all As/good grades should not really be a goal, your goal should be trying your hardest. It always helps to ask questions. Most people want the best for everyone, you can always talk to your parents about stress. I believe in you! You can do this and I’m sure everyone here wants the best for you!
      You got this!

carpe diem

• Pinestripe
      March 29, 2020 at 9:16 pm

*hugs* I’m so sorry you’re going through this 🙁
      Maybe you should try telling your parents how you feel.
      You don’t need to please everyone. People should love you for who you are, because who you are is always good enough.

• 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb The Feminist)🌱
      March 29, 2020 at 9:29 pm

Oh Emby. <3 <3333 You can always confide in us. But I bet your parents have no idea you're going through this. I would try confiding in them . *hugs*

SrizelFTW

• -Spirit Has Given Up-
      March 30, 2020 at 4:37 am

You are not alone
      No matter what, we will always be here for you
      And it’s going to be okay!
      Just remember, no matter what anyone does or doesn’t do, there will always be something coming that will turn it around for the better
      *hugs*

I shall throw snowballs at you

• Snowbreeze
      March 30, 2020 at 2:47 pm

We think you’re enough. <3 It's impossible to please everyone. Perhaps try talking to your parents about how you feel and what they are doing. And I'm very sorry about your friend. <3

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      March 30, 2020 at 10:54 pm

You can do this! We’re all here for you! I’m sure that everyone wants the best for you. I wish you the best.

Scars~I AM THEY

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:06 pm

Oh god, Emby. There there, girl.
      I so get it. My parents expect the same things. Sure, I can be as smart, but this is online school. Not regular school.
      My friend recently dumped me too. She accused me of being a whiny, petty brat. Which I can be, sometimes, so I don’t blame her.
      But look. If you’re so depressed, tell your parents. Tell them how you feel. Just calmly say you want to talk, and then calmly explain how you feel. They might try to be calm as well, and explain your side of the story. Then you can work out a compromise that works better for all of you. Maybe they can help you with the parts you need the most help on.

LSG whose bday in 30 days

10. Turtlepaw/ dapple 🐢🐢🐢
    March 29, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I don’t intend to come out to my family for five or six or maybe seven years.

But I almost want to. I’m so tired of pretending I’m straight when I’m not. So tired of living a lie. Pretending I’m not romantically attracted to males AND females.
    I’m tired of living this lie, but I don’t want to come out.
    Is there anyway I could subtly hint I’m bisexual?

• Mapledrift
      March 30, 2020 at 10:43 am

If you want to hint, maybe just act the same as you would if you saw a guy you were attracted to when you see a girl you are attracted to. There’s no easy way to hint but If you really want to just don’t hide it, but also don’t explicitly go and say to their faces “I’m bi”

• Snowbreeze
      March 30, 2020 at 2:55 pm

I’m not really sure – Maple gave good advice. Best of luck! <3

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Honestly, I’m really not sure if i am or not……………….
      But if you want to hint, you can act the same way over those you like that are girls as those you like that are boys.
      Think of Sundew. She hid the fact she was in love till she was…six? yeah, with Willow.
      If you want them to actually know, without taking the time to give them hints(because parents basically know everything….that’s creepy) then you can calmly sit them down, ask them what they would think if you were bi, and then listen to their results. Then, if they realize that you are before you announce it, you can calmly talk about it. If they don’t get the hint, then you can tell them, and then you talk about them. I’m not saying they won’t be angry at you, but maybe they’ll understand why you hid the fact from them. It can be really embarrassing when you first tell someone. I mean, I have no clue if I am or not, but I feel like I’ve had small hints…..that maybe I am?
      I’m here for you. Okay? Scarlet the Kitty is coming through the screen!

LSG whose bday in 30 days

11. -Spirit Has Given Up-
    March 30, 2020 at 4:39 am

I finally understand what people go through to try to tell your family you are not straight
    I figured out I’m bi about two weeks ago
    And, sorry, I don’t have any tips, but if it helps, you can talk to a counselor
    Remember, no matter what, we are here for you.
    *hugs*

I shall throw snowballs at you

• -Spirit Has Given Up-
      March 30, 2020 at 4:59 pm

Did. . .
      Did I not click the reply button?
      On noes. . .

I shall throw snowballs at you

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:15 pm

Is okay (Scarlet the Kitty’s tail swishes toward blue reply button)

LSG whose bday in 30 days

12. 🔥ᚹⴹ𐌇𐌇ᒪⴹᚹᗅⰞ 🌱 (Peb The Feminist)🌱
    March 30, 2020 at 3:47 pm

Struggles haha

SrizelFTW

13. March 30, 2020 at 6:19 pm

Ugh
    Long story short, I really miss my rl friends and other than a few texts with Basil Chicken I haven’t heard from any of them but they don’t really do email or minecraft and I have no social media and video calls and normal calls are super stressful and I feel like any one on one conversation I would try to have would just end in silence anyway and I dunno I just cant stop imagine them all snapchatting each other or whatever it is people do these days and my brother’s having weekly online playdates on minecraft and like I said all I’ve done is send Basil Chicken pictures of Fergus. 🙁 also that whole thing was one big run on sentence 😛

The Earthiest Earthling

• Pinestripe
      March 30, 2020 at 9:29 pm

*Hugs*
      I miss my friends, too. But everything will get back to normal eventually and you will get to see your friends again.

• falling feather
      March 31, 2020 at 6:06 am

Do you have a WiiU cause if so I would love to play Minecraft with you! Sorry, I don’t have Minecraft on a computer.
      haha! I find that if you never use a period it sounds more like a rant!
      I hope you feel less lonely! I know it doesn’t substitute for seeing someone in real life but you can always chat on here!

carpe diem

• Cottenpaw who is very sorry she was inactive for so long
      March 31, 2020 at 1:18 pm

My friend won’t answer my emails. I get it; being cut off from the world is the worst. But if we’re being serious, if you really feel that way about your friends, then they probably aren’t your real friends, anyways.
      Try calling them. You never know what it’ll end like. My friends will always talk with me. For hours. At times. And a lot of that’s just silence.
      But hey, call them. Call ME!! :)-

LSG whose bday in 30 days

• Swiftnose
      March 31, 2020 at 8:22 pm

Funny thing is, I know exactly how you feel, and more. The last time I had a real friend was a few years back, but I moved in fifth grade and never saw her again. I tried in more recent years, but I got nothing. Now, I’m in a three person classroom, and I’m good friends with the other student, but she’s moving to India next year. Since there are two grades per classroom, I’m staying in the same classroom, and the 6th graders are going to move into our classroom. I’m only friends with two sixth graders, the other 2 are kind of jerks, so I’m expecting my class to get in a lot of trouble. Also, I’m not used to that many people in my class!

Anyway, since school might be cancelled for the rest of the year, I can’t contact my friend. Now, I just feel lonely. No one even responds to my texts.

*sigh* The truth is…

That man is playing Galaga!

• March 31, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Maybe try talking to uhhhh Basic Chicken some more?? And maybe try sending your friends a couple of emails, you never know, they might see and reply! A phone call might not go as bad as you think, you could draw or something during the conversation to keep yourself relaxed. 🙂

#ThankYouWoojin