The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

34,061 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Leafpaw/growl
    June 2, 2020 at 1:09 am

I’m so stressed! My Dad is starting to threaten me to do stuff that I don’t want to do. Not like take out the trash or feed my dogs stuff I mean like watch TV or interact with my family. When I go into my room to watch my own TV shows he threatens to block my internet if I don’t come out right now or if I make one SMALL mistake. Example of what happened the other night: My dad (again) threatened me to come watch TV. When he gt tired he said that we both had to go to bed and after an hour of arguing he said I could watch ONE more episode I accidentally watch two. Tonight he threatened me to block my internet two hours earlier. It’s so stressful and I I’m starting to not really do anything during the day. Not eating or playing my computer just staring straight ahead at the blank TV until my Dad threatens me to do something else. I am starting to do stuff during the night so my dad can’t yell at me. My personality is starting to fade and i’m depressed. What makes this even more stressful is my brother he is autistic so he is ALWAYS throwing a tantrum so its non-stop crying and screeching and my parents cursing. I sometimes go into my room and read whatever I can find but it doesnt do much good. My Mom and Dad keep saying ‘don’t close or lock your door so I can barge in and annoy you.’ It gets annoying! I have no one at school who I can relate with or talk with because I lost my phone. And I’m n outcast there. No one shares any of my interests or fears or anything. I need advice for this.

• Rainingbreeze who is super excited for her birthday!! (July 19th)
      June 2, 2020 at 2:00 am

I feel the same Leafpaw

I have a brother my moms always cooing over him because heś ¨SPECIAL¨ becuse he has some sickness or whatever. They never even explain what he has with me. Iḿ kinda in the same position. Everyoine is always yelling and cursing. Then my mom threatens me to not watch TV becuse apparently it has somthing to do with my brothers śickness´ or what not. My mom hates when I lock or close doors too. I also have no one at school who I can relate with or talk. And I’m an outcast at home and no one shares any of my interests or fears or anything. LIKE NOTHING!!

Sry I don´t have advice. Iḿ going through the same thing.

*hugs x 1 million*

• June 2, 2020 at 3:42 am

Make that three of us… but my brother has no sickness, but the rest is pretty much true to my life, especially the outcast part. I’m sorry, guys. *hugs*

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 2, 2020 at 1:17 pm

Make that four..my family reeeeaalllly doesn’t care about me because of my cerebral palsy 🙁

i like me some cookies

• Wildspirit
      June 2, 2020 at 2:01 am

Why don’t you talk to your dad? Ask him if you can do your stuff for a while. Meanwhile, with staying up late, don’t do it. Take this from someone with personal experience of it: Just don’t. I tried it, and regret it because I can’t stop.

• Streampaw
        June 2, 2020 at 3:00 pm

Like Wild said, don’t try to stay up late. It’s not healthy for you. (I think) *hugs*

• Riverpaw/frost/Riv
      June 2, 2020 at 3:32 pm

My dad acted a similar way to my sister. It took defending and my sister speaking up to get him to stop. Also, definitely try to find your phone. Have you talked to your dad about what you’re going through? Whenever my parents are doing something that makes me uncomfortable I tell them. If you talk to your parents, they’ll probably listen. Sending hugs <3 <3

✨love yourself✨

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 2, 2020 at 3:40 pm

Your parents just might be overwhelmed, but here’ s some advice.

1. Don’t watch tv or anything at night it’s way too addictive.
      2. Do spend some more time with family, but if your parents are threatening you to do it, explain that you will if they act nicer.
      3. Don’t worry too much about your parents wanting you to spend time with them; it’s probably normal parenting behavior, but the threatening part needs to be made clear that it’s not the way to be a good father or parent.

I do know that spending time with parents and family can help you understand them all better. And I can imagine what it’s like to have a sibling with a condition who always seems more special than you. But I think that their condition makes them require more attention than the average person, and underneath that condition they’re really the same amount of special as everyone else.

I don’t know what to do in this kind of situation, here are just some suggestions for now. Lots of hugs, and hope you guys resolve your arguments soon.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

2. Willowkit is looking at the clock and thinking she needs to go to bed
    June 2, 2020 at 5:58 am

So, on my bus, this kid who we will call eaglekit was being bullied by some other kids we will call spiderkit, hawkkit, and batkit. So they were just rude in general, accusing eaglekit of thing he hadn’t done and saying things like he was a loser. Oh! And it’s important that i tell you he has autism. So, one day, they streched the truth after provoking him so I told the bus driver not to listen to them and the next day i was actually calked a snitch by my freind. (I’ll remember that when you need help in school, Hawkkit!) I told the Dean of the school and she did nothing. The info just sat there and collected dust. I want to do something about this by middle school, because they have made this poor kid cry! What can I do?

• June 2, 2020 at 7:40 pm

I think you should probably stand up for Eaglekit whenever people are bullying Eaglekit. Don’t be a bystander, be an upstander.
      *hugs*
      We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented.
      – Elie Wiesel

Yes, that was you I just ate

3. fallen has become an even more angry gerl~
    June 2, 2020 at 12:21 pm

UPDATE: I didn’t confront Peachkit yet but we keep fighting. She’s like so sensitive(in a bad way) she gets mad with one little joke. I texted her at 7 in the evening and she was like “I was sleeping!” and I said “Oof, sorry!” and she said “Why do you keep saying oof? Like not dissing you (lie), but look at our recent texts” I looked at our recent texts and I didn’t spot me anywhere saying “Oof” Plus I don’t think she was sleeping, who sleeps at 7 with their phone open and, if she didn’t want me to wake her up, then she could have muted it! She also told me that “I woke her up 6 times” (LIE)
    I just made a small joke over text this morning and she called me mean and left me on read while being active! She also keeps judging me. One time, we were playing a game and I put on a slightly dark outfit with a creepy mask and she was like “take that off, you’re going through a phase” which is very hypocritical and then called me lazy! Does she think she’s the only one who can wear black and like urban legends?? I think she makes up lies about herself and acts that way because she wants people to think she’s so unique and weird and cool and get others to like her, which is utterly sad. What should I do?? 🙁

• Riverpaw/frost/Riv
      June 2, 2020 at 4:21 pm

If you feel like Peachkit is holding you down, or is being mean or judging you, she could be a toxic friend. You’re probably better off without her.

✨love yourself✨

• June 2, 2020 at 5:49 pm

Stop being friends with her is what you should do. She isn’t worth it, Fallen. Since when has that been the definition of friend? Severing ties when someone hurts you/keeps hurting you isn’t just okay; it’s awesome.
      Don’t spend time with someone who hangs out with you just to belittle and criticize you all day long. You deserve better. Go find a new friend! perhaps someone that looks lonely and in need of a friend? Or someone who looks like a kind person?

*hugs*

SrizelFTW

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 2, 2020 at 8:27 pm

Tell her that if she really values you as a friend instead of a follower, she would be nicer, and stop judging. I think the best way would be to send her a final text explaining that you want peace and quiet, you want her to respect your choices as a friend, and then say you’re going to stop texting her. I believe you actually should stop, to show her that you’re serious. If she complains about you being mean, ask her why she is so self-centered and doesn’t notice the times when she is being mean to you. She has no right to accuse you of being mean when she has done that over and over herself.

I totally understand your situation. I know several people like this myself, and I count myself as lucky that they’re not my intimate friends. There is no point arguing when someone is adamant that you are the offender, and they know that you’re not. I’ve noticed that our generation is becoming more and more self-centered as we use social media all the time — selfies, Tiktok, challenges, basically everything is to show you’re cool. I would suggest you really take a break from this friend, especially if she’s treating you as a follower just as Tigerstar treated Darkstripe. Tigerstar thinks Darkstripe is just a little pawn, but Darkstripe absolutely admires Tigerstar. Do not become this cowering idiot (no offense) and just stop communicating with her for a while.

I would say that the reason why she is so sensitive is really that she is self-centered. Everything is “ooh, me, I’m Peachkit, I’m amazing, me, me, me, me,” while she tries to make that “fact” obvious to others like you while it is so obvious to herself.

I hope you have other friends or hobbies to turn to, but this is all your choice. I have some suggestions (strongly opinionated suggestions I should say, proofreading this comment), but again, you should decide what’s best for YOU.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
        June 2, 2020 at 8:33 pm

No point arguing if it gets to the point where she keeps having reasons why you should “be nicer”. You just dig yourself into a pit and she will shovel the dirt back onto you, leaving you in a position where you can’t argue anymore without contradicting your own statements or getting angry.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• heyy it's fallen~
          June 3, 2020 at 7:28 am

I don’t think she’s really self-centered just really insecure, which is unbelievably sad. Thanks for the advice anyways 🙂

• Riverpaw/frost/Riv
            June 3, 2020 at 2:26 pm

I have a friend like that. I’m not sure what causes it, but I try to be extra supportive for her

✨love yourself✨

• June 3, 2020 at 12:17 pm

I agree with Pebblepaw, Riverpaw, and Slatepaw. You may need to cut ties with her. It really sounds like you are in a friendship with someone who would prefer to just use you as a scratching post. If you feel like she is obviously lying in your face to try to make you feel bad, that is not a good thing to have in a friendship. And if she is being hypocritical and rude, that doesn’t make it any better. The way she is treating you is not how friends should treat each other. I don’t know what she is treating you as, but she is definitely not treating you as a friend. I know it hurts to stop being friends with someone, but it is probably better than staying in your current situation.

4. Anonymous
    June 2, 2020 at 3:30 pm

So, I haven’t been on blogclan for a really, really (by really I mean like more than half a year) but I don’t know who I can tell this to. I don’t want to say who I am, even though I’m sure most of the people don’t remember me anymore 😛
    [mod edit: Anonymous needs advice as they are in an argument with a friend due to believing in different things]…Plus, it’s not the first time that we got into a smaller/bigger argument about things like these. She also sometimes says that she’s homophobic because she finds it annoying. Her brother actually is pretty homophobic, and truth is I’m kinda uncertain about my sexuality. And I’m scared that if it turns out that I’m bi they would turn there back on me. I really don’t know what to do, we’ve been friends for 3 years, but only now do these topics come up, as we get older. And it’s not that I don’t understand why she thinks like this but it really annoys me…
    So yeah, I don’t know what to do and I’m scared that I’m being a bad friend for getting annoyed at her.
    A smaller problem, I’m starting high school soon and am kind of scared because I’ll be in a totally new class.
    That’s all, I just really needed to tell some people about how I feel…

5. Riverpaw/frost/Riv
    June 2, 2020 at 4:22 pm

periods are the worst

✨love yourself✨

6. ♥︎꧁Silverpaw꧂♥︎
    June 2, 2020 at 7:58 pm

So lately Ive been struggling with self image and weight, and I just really need some advice on how to handle it……

Crowpool forver!

• Wolftail found the time to check Blogclan again
      June 2, 2020 at 9:41 pm

This won’t be the best advice, but over the quarantine I myself had started struggling with how I look.
      One way I found that made me feel better was that each time I found something I didn’t like I would try and find something that I found pretty on myself. And overtime if I felt sad or disappointed in my appearance I would remember the things that I like, and it would make me feel better.
      For the weight, I don’t really have good advice, I just want you to know that you are perfect the way you are. I know you’ve probably heard this thousands of time, but if you weren’t as you are, you wouldn’t be you, would you?
      I hope that I could help, even if just a little.

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 2, 2020 at 10:57 pm

this will sound so cringy and sweet, but it doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside (unless it threatens your health) as long as you’re bright, cheerful, and healthy on the inside. Think happy thoughts, and I’ll share some of my problems:

When I was in 4th and 5th grade, I was really chubby and peers called me fat and obese (not so much now because we had/have PE every day instead of once a week). I wasn’t, not really, but for a 10/11-year old, I weighed 120 pounds. I mean, I’m over 5 foot 4 now, so it’s proportional, but it always felt depressing for other people to make fun of me. It’s okay; I’ve heard some articles say jokingly that whatever you make fun of, you become. I comforted myself by thinking about what my reaction would be if they puffed up to a human ballon sized being.

I usually don’t support this kind of self-centered teaching of schools, but it applies. You’re amazing; really. Everyone has their own areas where they shine, and don’t worry much about how you look. It’s important that you keep up a healthy and happy disposition, not a pretty appearance (MY face is round, and it’s not just baby fat).

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Riverpaw/frost/Riv
      June 2, 2020 at 11:57 pm

I’ve been struggling the same way you have for years. I feel you. Whenever my appearance gets me down these days, I remind myself that I’m beautiful and that I should own myself. I’m imploring you to own yourself too. Own everything about you, from your weight to your height to your personality and quirks. Your weight and BMI don’t really matter unless your doctor says something about it. As long as you eat healthy and are in good shape, you’ll be fine. Everyone has their own body type, and they’re all gorgeous.

✨love yourself✨

• June 3, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Listen to this.

Why won’t you play the game?

• Stormlight
        June 3, 2020 at 9:10 pm

OMG, Plumeflake, I love your avatar! I’m ace (only my sisters know so far but I want to come out to my friends but it’s hard bc we’re in quarantine and I don’t really want to tell them thru text or over the phone) so the ace pride flag means a lot to me!
        Also, Silverpaw, you’re awesome just the way you are! Sometimes I feel embarrassed too bc I’m really short and skinny and underweight. I have found that it helps me to remember all of the things I like about myself instead of things I don’t like. Or try to think about other things to distract yourself… re-reading Warriors books always makes me feel better! BTW, anyone who tries to make fun of you because of how you look must be blinder than Jayfeather!

• June 4, 2020 at 8:26 pm

Thanks! 🙂 I have a friend in College who is also Ace/Bi, so she knows that I’m Ace. My parents might know too, since I said that I am Ace to them once, but my sister had to explain the meaning of being Asexual to my mother, and they both probably don’t remember it or bring it up unless I mention it to them again.

Good luck for coming out to your friends! 🙂

Why won’t you play the game?

• June 3, 2020 at 11:36 pm

Plume! I must ask, how did you get such a perfect profile picture?

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

7. June 2, 2020 at 8:18 pm

I wish quarantine was over. Not just to be with my friends, like most people, but just to avoid my mom so I can disappoint her less.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• June 2, 2020 at 8:25 pm

If you’re wondering what happened, my mom said for me to do something by 3:30 and she got mad that I wasn’t doing it by 3:10 and I kept on apologizing and it made her more angry and she said I almost made her lose her job

Try me, Beyoncé.

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
        June 2, 2020 at 10:47 pm

Don’t worry Brambleheart! Your mom might be really stressed, and we discussed this issue in our class meets during online school. Being confined to home and seeing the exact same faces every day must be extremely stressful and annoying for many people, not just your mom. I get your situation, but the best solution would be to just do what your mom asks. I wore a shirt this week that says “Question Everything Except Your Mother”. Not just a joke — kinda serious. But I think you should just strike up a better relationship with your mom which you normally wouldn’t need because you’d be at school in order to make quarantine more tolerable for both of you.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 3, 2020 at 4:51 pm

Bramble,
        Don’t ever feel like you are a constant disappointment to your mother! Honestly, tensions are bound to be high at home at this point because of all of the riots and COVID-19, so your mom is probably just stressed and is taking it out on you! But hey, even though things cannot go back to normal yet, at least we have our families and, also, here on BlogClan, we all think you are amazing and wonderful, and we will be here to support you if you need help!
        *Hugs* ❤️

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

8. June 2, 2020 at 10:57 pm

“When I said that this was like Takeshi’s Castle, I didn’t mean that it was Takeshi’s Castle.” -Me after the events that happened today.

Takeshi’s Castle is a game show that I… tend to enjoy, alright? But that’s not the main point, the main point is that my brother broke his leg after landing on the Slip and Slide, and now he’s going to be in the hospital, surrounded by COVID-19 infected patients! So, I can’t… I need help…really…

In Takeshi’s Castle, there were medics, and kids were rarely on the show, plus this was pre-COVID. Now, what am I supposed to do?!

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 2, 2020 at 11:30 pm

You need to trust the health workers. They aren’t being applauded everyday for nothing. They have trained for years for this, and they won’t let your brother get Covid-19. It’s no help to your brother to keep worrying, maybe make him a card for when he gets back home? Try to get his spirits up when he comes back, get him something maybe, or do something to take his mind of his broken leg. You could paint his cast, instead of signatures, or you could ask him if he wants people from blogclan’s names on it. (I doubt that if he isn’t on blogclan, though) My sister painted hers red, and it looked cool.
      *hugs*
      Let’s
      dance on broken legs
      Ride on broken verse
      Shine on dying star
      Love with broken hearts
      Fix our broken smiles
      Together
      – Joyful Joel

Yes, that was you I just ate

• Pinestripe
      June 3, 2020 at 12:37 am

Oh, no! I really hope your brother is okay. <3
      The health workers know what they're doing. They'll make sure he's alright. Everything will be okay.
      *hugs*

• June 3, 2020 at 2:17 am

Haha, update time! (Extreme sarcasm warning)

Wow, isn’t today awesome! Now my brother has to get operated and I won’t see him for a few days! As amazing as that sounds, it gets lonely around here. Oh, yeah, and now there is a possibility that my parents might ban us from watching Takeshi’s Castle (which, as I mentioned, is a favorite show of mine) all because we were pretending to practice for the show, which is how my brother broke his leg! So, yay to that! This is the best day of my life!!!

That man is playing Galaga!

• Brambleheart isn't logged in
        June 3, 2020 at 3:54 am

Tell your parents that it was an accident. People get hurt pretending with EVERYTHING. Marvel, Anime, Star Wars, you name it. Tell them that you will be more careful while you play, and maybe find new ways to pretend, like with action figures or cardboard cutouts! Your parents will like you being creative, and you won’t get hurt!

• June 3, 2020 at 5:05 am

Okay, update, he won’t get operated, thank God, but about my show…? No one knows…

That man is playing Galaga!

• Streampaw
        June 3, 2020 at 1:44 pm

Oh no! I wish I could help. I will send you some hugs *hugs*

• Brambleheart isn't logged in
      June 3, 2020 at 3:51 am

Swiftnose-

It’s going to be OKAY!!! The doctors are really making sure that nobody gets the virus if they do have to get operated on, like your brother. In fact, non essential surgeries are cancelled, meaning that the doctors taking care of your brother are less likely to have been exposed (they take shifts to alternate which doctors are working with COVID patients). They are taking EVERY PRECAUTION to make sure that they aren’t exposed to the virus as well.

It sounds like you are really anxious. Just take deep breaths, and do what I do when I feel anxious. You need to think of three things. Number one is the best case scenario. This one is fun, and you can make it as utterly rediculous and unrealistic as possible (for example, your brother gets the operation, it’s a success, and on the way back you meet RDJ). Then, think of the worst case scenario. The ABSOLUTE WORST CASE, like, unfortunately, COVID. Finally, think of the most likely scenario. I think this scenario would be your brother successfully gets his operation, is sent home and makes a full recovery.

And I’m not religious but I will be thinking of you and your brother (I could get my mom to do something) ❤️❤️

• June 3, 2020 at 6:22 pm

Ah, thanks Bramble! My brother actually didn’t have to get a surgery! He’s home, and now that’s good.

But I didn’t meet RDJ on the way home… 🙁

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 3, 2020 at 2:44 pm

I’m so sorry Swift <33 (or Falcon, if that's what you want to be called).
      But look: I'm praying for you. It's going to be okay. I believe it. Please try to believe it too. God will pull you through.
      Like Crooked said: the people at the hospital are taking care of your brother.
      What you can do is pray. Make stuff for your brother when he gets back. Decorate the house as a surprise if your parents let you.
      It's going to be okay, Swift.
      It will.
      *hugs*

SrizelFTW

• June 3, 2020 at 6:26 pm

Aw, thanks a lot, Pebble!!! (I’m just gonna come up with a name for my brother) Toadpaw is home now! I know a whole lot of people were praying for him. So I know that He moved in great ways!

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 3, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Okay, um… the names here are just people in Takeshi’s Castle, okay?

Update to my life in the form of a historically-accurate skit:

Me: *Commenting on BlogClan*
      Me: *takes bathroom break*
      Parents: *laugh very loudly*
      Me: *curious about what my parents and brother are watching*
      Me: *Heads to the stairs, as I can hear what they’re watching *
      Me: *hears voice, recognizes it immediately *
      Me: It’s Craig. It’s Craig. It’s Craaaig!!! Oh my gosh!!! *collapses to the floor, scrambles to my feet * They’re watching TAKESHI’S CASTLE!!!!! Oh my gosh! And it’s the General! Oh my gooooooooooosh!!!!!! *jumps around the second floor of my house* It’s Craig! It’s Craig! *runs to my brother’s room, talks to his fish, Sonic * They’re watching Takeshi’s Castle, Sonic! *runs out of room* I hear Craig! And the General! It’s the GENERAL! WOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!! *proceeds to jump on parent’s bed* (I know his voice when I hear it, as you can see.)
      Dad: Are… you okay?
      Me: YES! I’m FINE!

Well, looks like I don’t have to worry about getting banned anytime soon! Ah, I’m inexplicably happy!!!!!!!!!!!

That man is playing Galaga!

9. Brambleheart isn't logged in
    June 3, 2020 at 4:17 am

I’ve known this for a while now but I-I think I have a curse. You see, if I get into something, or make a friend, it goes well, yes, for a while, and then something bad happens. For example, if I get into a new YouTube channel that is active and makes videos I like, then a few months later they change their videos or quit. Happens ALL THE TIME. And with all my friends except for Eagleheart, they either become bullies or one of us moves away, and I- I CAN’T STAND IT! And when I actually find a school that supports me, I either have to switch or it gets cancelled. Clubs I Like? They get cancelled within a few months, except for one.

Here are some more examples if you don’t believe me, with fandoms. I used to be obsessed with Star Wars back in 2017 (you may remember) and it was great. I actually got into it a few years before, but I really got into the fandom and became a hardcore fan around 2017. Then, The Last Jedi came out, and the fandom split, and became SUPER toxic. No joke, the comments of videos I watched of it and some forums I’ve read had people hating on others for likening a movie they don’t. This got so bad that I left the fandom, only really talking to other fans I randomly encountered about the movies, until I found the Marvel fandom and started being a fan for that.

Oh yeah, let’s talk about Marvel. Much like Star Wars, I have loved it for years, but then in 2018 to now, I started becoming what I am now with it. Literally A FEW MONTHS after I got really into it, Stan Lee died. But unlike Star Wars, I didn’t run away. I held on. Then comic con happened, and all the movies were announced. I became more into it than EVER. Then corona happened. UGGH.

Actually scratch the first paragraph about the curse just affecting friends and fandoms. It affects my life! Everything was going perfectly fine in my life until 2017, when I got bullied and my cat died and my mental health was in the toilet. Then in 2018, my life finally started to get back together. Fast forward to the end of grade nine/early grade ten, besides a few stressful things (you can never escape from those unfortunately) my life was going well for the first time in years! Then Halloween happened, and it all went down hill from there. Some of you might remember the story: I was going to dress up as Doctor Strange, my grandma helped me make the PERFECT costume, I was going to wear it to school for spirit week, and then go to Eagleheart’s past my bedtime on a school night to watch a movie and eat candy– and I got the flu the night before and the plans were cancelled. I think that’s the theme for the past year. Even before Corona, everything in my life that made it go so well before, my motivation, just disappeared into Thanos dust, just like everything else in my curse.

The reason I am telling this now is because a Doctor Strange themed Tumblr blog that I read that has been around since 2016 may be closing down or taking a break because of toxic people. I like to read it because it gives me something to do, and it’s an ask blog, meaning it’s as if you can talk to the character! But now it may be gone, and that makes me feel sad, even though I’ve only known of it for a year.

The only other person I told this to is my cousin. I think I have another curse too, but this is getting too long. For now, I am cursed with the ability, like most normal people, to find comfort in a person or fandom or thing. But that comfort will soon crumble apart and die. Always.

• Harveymoon is slowly changing to Tyrantsomething
      June 3, 2020 at 5:24 pm

If you feel like you are having bad luck, try thinking of a all the good things. Think of Eagleheart, or something good. Don’t think of the bad things, think of the lucky days.
      Hugs
      I hope your life turns around
      🍪🍪🍪

10. ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
    June 3, 2020 at 2:10 pm

Poor.. what is it now, Falconflight? Or Falconpaw?

I don’t think your parents should ban you from watching Takeshi’s Castle. It was only that you started to pretend to practice for it that your brother got hurt. No need to go to extreme measures as long as they stop you from doing anything that’s possible to hurt you guys.

Can also tell your pain underneath the beautiful sarcasm. Hugs for now, and best wishes to your brother (and you, of course). Remember, you said “possibility” not “will” so there’s hope for now.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 3, 2020 at 5:33 pm

Oops sorry I was on iPad so I thought I pressed reply but instead I did a whole other comment

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 3, 2020 at 6:32 pm

It’s okay!

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I’m currently still a ‘paw, but I’m trying to hold a vote for my warrior name. Anyway… that’s not the point… 😛

Yeah, it was not actually the show’s fault, my brother was actually being quite reckless while practicing, tbh. And the show is in my heart, like, permanently…

Thank you! As I always say irl, if my dad is the king of sarcasm, than I’m the princess! Although I tend to be sarcastic to extreme measures and more often… 🙂

That man is playing Galaga!

11. June 3, 2020 at 3:21 pm

If quarantine has taught me anything, it’s that I am not good enough. No matter how hard I try, I can’t seem to be perfect for my mom, and there is always something that I can’t do. Yes, this is me second post about it in a day, that’s how far it escalated. My mom tells me not to beat myself up, but how could I not when it’s my fault that she’s stressed? Honestly I am starting to believe that if I didn’t exist, then her life would be a lot easier. Everyone’s would. But here I am, ruining my mom’s life and job and being a lazy slob, even though I try so hard to be something more.

My mom got me a donut yesterday and when she let me eat it after school, she was still mad about the shake, and said something that really got to me: “I got this because I thought I was proud of you.”

I am a real disappointment.

Also not to mention that there’s a lot of things going on. I know it isn’t, but I feel it’s my fault too. Everything is.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• Emberblaze (Emb)
      June 3, 2020 at 5:06 pm

Hey Brambleheart, you’re definitely not a disappointment. I know that these times are hard, but many things are out of your control. Don’t beat up yourself over things that you can’t control. Also, I’m sure that your mom cares about you, even if sometimes she doesn’t show it. About your previous post, I seriously don’t think you’re cursed. It looks like it’s just an unfortunate chain of events that made it look like you had one. Don’t stop doing things you like, even if you think that they’ll be cancelled. If things get more serious and/or you feel like your mental health is getting even worse, contact a councillor or another mental health resource. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help. *Hugs*

Scars~I AM THEY

• June 3, 2020 at 5:10 pm

Your Mom will always be proud of you. You’re her kid. Mom’s are proud when their kids get a math problem right, or something just as small as that. Sometimes they look to their kids for happiness, something we can’t always provide. Sometimes it’s like a bathtub, where it just keeps overflowing, except with stress, and then it goes onto the carpet, which is us, and we can’t handle it either. You love your Mom, and she loves you, and I bet that she wanted to buy you a donut because she was proud of you every single day If you got a donut everytime your Mom was proud of you, you would have a lot of leftovers for dessert. Come on! You’ve made it all the way to tenth grade?(sorry I’m just going based off of the comment above, you’re probably in eleventh grade right now, right?) Your Mom is SO proud of you for making it to high school, trust me, she is. When mothers look at their child, they’re proud, no matter what. Sometimes they get stressed and forget that they are proud of you, because they’re trying SO hard to set a good example for us. But, what they don’t know is that they already have. They already have taught us how to be adults, and now it’s no one’s turn to teach either one how to live, because you live together, and equally. You’re BOTH proud of each other, but sometimes it gets washed away by stress waves, and that’s okay. If there were a guarantee of no stress during covid, then it would just be weird, right? Going through a disaster when everyone seems calm? To your Mom, you’re more than good enough, you’re amazing, you’re her baby. I know, that sounds weird coming from me, who is younger than you, but moms always look at their kids as their babies. Sometimes you just have to show them that you’re not, that you don’t have to buy a donut to know that you’re proud of them. You have to show them that there’s no first words anymore, no first steps, no one is going to have to take on the responsibility alone. That you’re there for each other, and always will be.
      *hugs*
      The strength of a mother is like no other
      During times of stress, she may struggle to find her way because she’s facing her own personal demons, but her child’s welfare comes first. She’s not perfect and makes a lot of mistakes but never doubt her love, it burns deeply in her heart.
      My hope is that they will remember that Mommy tried. Even when she was tired, even when she was stressed. I hope they will know that I did it all for them. That I had every intention of being great, good, and grand, but that some days all I could be was okay.
      Being a single parent is twice the work, twice the stress and twice the tears but also twice the hugs, twice the love and twice the pride. -unknown

Yes, that was you I just ate

• Harveymoon is slowly changing to Tyrantsomething
      June 3, 2020 at 5:22 pm

Brambleheart-
      Don’t think of yourself like that. It’s going to make everything worse. If your mom isn’t happy with you, strive to make her happy. Or just ignore it, because you are a better person then your mom thinks you are. You don’t need to be perfect. No one is perfect. You aren’t ruining anyone’s life. You need to stop stressing over making your mom mad. You aren’t ruining anyone’s life. I’m pretty sure your mom forgives you, as well as the rest of your family.

• Wildspirit
      June 3, 2020 at 7:42 pm

Here is a quote from my mom

“Being a mom is hard,but it’s something you never regret. I know you try your best, and that’s enough for me. Every mother I’ve met feels the same way about their kids. Becoming a mom is hard, but a mother wouldn’t change it for the world”

Hope this helps! But you are enough, Brambleheart.

12. Pastelblossom 🌺 Pasty
    June 3, 2020 at 5:06 pm

I feel like none of my irl like me as much as I like them. I know they like me but I feel like I’m not their favorite. So basically the person who I considered my best friend recently left me on read when I texted her something. That was a few days ago and she still hasn’t responded. When I went to check my vsco feed today I saw that she had been hanging out with 2 other friends. It made me feel terrible because I want invited. I hate being someone’s second choice. I don’t want to tell her about how I feel because I hate confrontation. It also bothers be because they were all hanging out during a pandemic and they weren’t 6 feet away. I hate how I can’t even see anyone during this when my classmates are going to the beach with their friends. It’s just not fair. I know I’m being safe and that they will probably get the virus but it still bothers me. I’m tired of caring so much about other people who don’t even care about me as much as I do.

Welcome to the losers club

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 3, 2020 at 5:52 pm

If they want to risk their own lives, it’s their problem. My parents say America is full of young people who are willing to take 100 risks in an hour. But it’s good that you still care for your friend, and I know that being a second choice is difficult. I know the feeling; I’ve always been on the outside of what I call “friendship circles” — someone in the middle, which everyone wants to like, and the further out you are, the less of a real friend that middle person considers you.

It sounds like you have had this friend for a while now, and you feel like she doesn’t like you. You should keep with them, but transfer more attention to a friend (after this is done maybe make some new friends — I did) who actually values you and is loyal while considering you as an equal. That’s the thing about best friends, and most basic friendships have this quality. There are some people (especially older kids I’ve noticed as a tween) who want everyone to see them, and them only. I think you need and deserve a better friend, and know that them not social distancing is THEIR health and their problem. I think the best you can do is warn them that going to the beach and not social distancing is very risky, but that’s really all you can do. You’ll have done all you can to protect her/them, thus keeping your quality of friendship. Whatever they do is now their problem if you warned them about it.

Hugs and hugs. If you know they like you, but you’re not their first choice, you might want to find someone who does think you’re deserving of being first choice.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Wildspirit
      June 3, 2020 at 7:56 pm

*Warning: This will be a Warrior Cats example*

Our yourself in Nightclouds place. When she found out Crowfeather didn’t care about her, or anything else, she left him(right?). I strongly suggest you do the same. From what it sounds like, your their second choice, and they only pretend to be your friend to seem like they have a lot of friends and are popular. I suggest you leave them, and find some friends who truly care about your feelings.

Something similar happened to me before, so here’s what I did, and my life is a lot better now:
      When I was little(like 1st or 2nd grade), I had lots of friends, for the sake of it, let’s call them Gingerkit, Brownkit, and Crowkit. Well, one day I tried to make a new friend, I’ll call her Flamekit, and Gingerkit got mad because I wasn’t supporting her image. She was all like, “Your supposed to make me look good in front of my friends!” I got really offended because I though she was my friend. But when I stopped talking to her and the rest, Flamekit and I became best friends, up until now, in 7th and 8th grade summer. If I had stayed friends with them, I wouldn’t have befriended(they are rogues like me in school), Jayme, Cayden, Desi, and Maddox, all of my best friends. (Note: none of these names are real). I’m a lot happier now, so, I hope this helps you, Pasty!

13. Harveymoon is slowly changing to Tyrantsomething
    June 3, 2020 at 5:28 pm

I’m having a hard time forgiving myself for so much stuff I did. Most of this happened a long time ago, but I can’t forget it or forgive myself, even though everyone already forgave me. My friend moved away and I had to say goodbye to countless other friends. I have only one friend, let’s name my friend Eaglepaw. I can’t do anything I love doing, like going over to friends houses.

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 3, 2020 at 5:41 pm

Be Clear Sky — you do just need to forgive yourself. They’ve already forgiven you; it’s really essential that you forgive yourself.

About your friends, I feel for you, but COVID-19 can’t go on forever. I don’t know exactly how it feels, but I think I sometimes feel lonely and I just dive under my covers on my bed and play with my stuffed animals (yes I’m in middle school I still have a ton of stuffed animals they’re cute). This pandemic has got to end sometime, and then you’ll see your friends again.

I don’t know the best advice, because although I like friends, I’m fine with being by myself — I do that for almost all projects. Hugs for now, but remember: someday soon you’ll see your friends again. You can even call or video call each other if possible.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 3, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Don’t worry, I have a bunch of stuffed animals. I talk to them, because, let’s be honest, I’m a loner. I have everything, from a tiny Minecraft bunny keychain named Lemon to a huuuuuuuuuge cube-dog named Tokyo, to Firestar, to Simba, to a Disney dog named Bolt. (BTW the movie Bolt is terribly underrated…)

I totally do not have a tiger named Tony Stark.

That man is playing Galaga!

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
          June 3, 2020 at 10:30 pm

Yesssss hello friend

Like my fellow girl tweens at school think stuffed animals are stupid. I don’t get it! They offer comfort; they’re cute; and they represent things. I also talk to my toys, especially a little stuffed dog 🐶 and llama 🦙 🤣😂 like they’re so cute

I also have this huge “Squishmallow” thing and it really is squishy oh god

Sorry I needed to do that sometime

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 5, 2020 at 6:55 am

Yaaaaaas someone understands!!!!!

(This is coming from an 8th grader, so yeah.)

They really are cute, and they offer security, too! That’s why I talk to Tony at night, and sometimes, no particular plushie. And the best part? You can have a pet with out feeding it, and you can have any pet you want! Like, whoever invented plushies is a genius.

That man is playing Galaga!