The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

34,061 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. June 3, 2020 at 6:07 pm

Hi! Since everyone has been feeling a little down lately, I have decided to make a spotify playlist again! These songs have always made me feel better, and I hope they make you feel better too. It’s a mixture of songs from musicals, steven universe, and more!(by the way there are some swear words)

I'm a weirdo and I'm proud

2. June 3, 2020 at 6:30 pm

I’m the fault everything that’s happening is happening. Literally. Oh, yes, my day’s going AMAZING. My dad permanently banned me from playing on MY Nintendo Switch! Yay! My little sister has a cold! Yay again! Oh, and did I mention that my mom took away all my allowance and savings, and threw away my copy of The Last Hope, WHICH I BOUGHT WITH MY OWN MONEY. Now my brothers are ripping my manga. Oh, my day’s going so great! And my mom said I couldn’t have dinner or dessert this week and next week. How fun!

i like me some cookies

• Willowkit has 2 days of school left
      June 3, 2020 at 7:48 pm

Why? I’m so sorry, Brightspark. That’s mean. Also, her throwing away your last hope is illegal in some way i think. And if she said you cant have dinner, hide food in your room and eat it at night. Also her taking your money is just stealing in general

• June 3, 2020 at 7:52 pm

Oof I’m sorry. But you’re not alone, Brightspark. Mostly, it’s been happening at me, but don’t worry, we can overcome this together!
      (Sorry, I suck at advice, I haven’t been here awhile…)

~i'm all fired up!~

• June 3, 2020 at 7:55 pm

Wow. That is incredible. That… no, sorry, no. That’s messed up. *hugs to infinity*

That man is playing Galaga!

• Wildspirit
      June 3, 2020 at 8:00 pm

Why? None of this seems fair at ALL! I’m so sorry Brightspark! And your brothers ripping your manga is actually illegal, because it is your property, not theirs. This goes along with your Last Hope to! I’m so sorry Brightspark! *send many hugs*

• Sageblossom
      June 3, 2020 at 9:12 pm

I’m so sorry, Brightspark! I’m not good at giving advice, but I’m really sorry.

(My brother is playing Hollow Knight and the sad music came up just as I was reading your comment)

A Truce Between Us

• June 3, 2020 at 9:59 pm

Did they just do all this stuff for no reason, or is there something going on that caused this?
      (I know it’s none of my business, but I’m just trying to understand, so sorry if this makes you uncomfortable and you don’t want to tell me!)

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• Riverpaw/frost/Riv
      June 3, 2020 at 10:22 pm

If your mom is denying you food and you’re going hungry, tell someone that can help. It’s wrong for a parent/guardian to deny food.

✨love yourself✨

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 3, 2020 at 10:41 pm

Oh, Brightspark! That sounds horrible. When do they take out the trash at your place, I’m an extremely sentimental person, and losing something that I bought with my own money would be painful. I’d say that you at least fish The Last Hope out of the trash if you find a time when you’re moms not looking. And if you can’t have dinner, that’s really bad. May I ask why she is forbidding you to do so many things? Also, hide your mangas.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

3. June 3, 2020 at 10:27 pm

Heyo! So, I know I’m back, again, and you are probably very tired of me posting about the same topic over and over again, but I need advice!

So, it’s Pride Month (We all know that!), right? And recently, I realized that I am bisexual, as I said on the Tavern on June 1st if you happened to see that. So, this year, Pride Month is pretty important to me (Hence my siggie, profile picture, and current name!), and I am definitely showing pride for my sexuality on the Blog, but at home, I can’t, because I haven’t come out yet.

So, what I’m needed advice for is, should I come out? To give you and idea of my predicament, here’s a list of worries I have about this:
    1) My brother……let’s just say he wouldn’t like it. Here’s an example:
    The other day, and this might take a LOT of explaining, my brother and I were talking about this squishy collection I have, and there’s one squishy that I have that my brother (You know what? Let’s just call my brother Jaguarpaw, yes?) calls Re-Mon. Re-Mon is a blue dinosaur thingy, and for some reason, Jaguarpaw loves him. And so, I have another squishy that looks really ugly and looks like a deformed frog, and guess what Jaguarpaw decided to call that one? Gay Re-Mon. Like, um, what? And I told him that he shouldn’t call ugly things gay, and his response was, “But he looks gay!” So, um, that went well. Does that story make any sense? Because the point of that is, he doesn’t really like people who are a part of the LGBTQ+ community, and he kind of thinks that gay people are generally, well, let’s just say “not so great”, hence, the Gay Re-Mon example.
    2) My dad would feel bad for me.
    My dad generally think that LGBTQ+ people’s lives are harder, since not everyone is accepting and so on, so he would feel bad for me, and that would kind of suck.
    3) Talking about my sexuality may result in a very awkward conversation with my family, and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet.

So anyway, I need advice, and if you can help me, it would be greatly appreciated! Thank you so much! ❤️

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• Birchfoot
      June 4, 2020 at 1:12 am

You don’t need to come out now or ever if you don’t want to. You can come out to one person, or a few people, or everyone, or no one. Don’t feel obligated to come out to someone, even if you know they’ll take it well and ESPECIALLY if you know they won’t take it well. Your comfort and safety are first priority always, okay?

• June 4, 2020 at 1:58 am

No, no!! That’s so not true!! You’re posts are really related to mine, so it’s nice that there are more people that are bi. 🙂 Oof. I feel ya. I REALLY want to celebrate pride month, but…it’s impossible without people getting suspicous, huh? Your rother just needs to mature, and grow up. I think you should wait until you’re ready, I don’t know what it’s like to “be ready” but I think you’ll truly know when you’re ready. If you seriously want to come out to your family, what works for me is to kind of back myself into a corner, so I can’t get out of the situation, because if I didn’t I would definitely never come out to anyone. If you ever want to know what I usually do to to “back myself into a corner” just ask. I’d be happy to help, I always am. I don’t know what else to say about your brother, just know that blogclan will always support you. I know I do. As for your dad, maybe he could help you deal with your brother. OMG!!! I feel the same way!!!!! I’m SO scared if anyone of my family finds out that I’m bi, what I do is make sure the computer screen is facing a wall. I think you’ll know when the right time is, and if you really feel you want to do it now, then I don’t think you would need to make a pros and cons list.
      *hugs* <333
      Here's a quote from my sisters 'husband'
      I have always been very open and honest about this part of my life with my friends, my family, and my colleagues. In a perfect world, I don't think it's anyone else's business, but I do think there is a value in standing up and being counted. -Anderson Cooper(or as my sister calls him Sunny Coops)
      The single best thing about coming out of the closet is that nobody can insult you by telling you what you've just told them. – Rachel Maddow

Yes, that was you I just ate

• June 4, 2020 at 12:44 pm

You shouldn’t come out if you don’t want to! *hugs*
      Hello there!

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      June 4, 2020 at 3:29 pm

Sorry I’m not part of LGBTQ+ but I understand Pride Month is really special to you. *Hugs* *Hugs* and *Hugs* Crimson, I know you’ll do great!❤️❤️

i see moky

• falling feather
      June 5, 2020 at 11:13 pm

I’m a little late 😛
      but I think you should try telling your brother what the word gay actually means so he stops using it incorrectly.
      Did your brother actively say it looked ugly and how did he say it?
      You don’t have to come out to your family until you’re comfortable. If you come out to your parents and your brother makes fun of you or is being mean about being bisexual then *your parents will probably scold him and tell him how rude he is being.
      *(From what you’ve said it doesn’t sound like your parents think being LGBTQ+ is bad)
      If your parents aren’t supportive then what I’ve said is a waste, so sorry about that. 🙂
      Listen to what Birchfoot said to you because you shouldn’t feel obligated to come out to someone if you aren’t comfortable and even if you are comfortable.
      *hugs* <3

look in the sky

• June 6, 2020 at 8:32 pm

1. i mean about the gay re-mon thing my friends sometimes call things gay as a joke but idk if your brother is serious or not. most people just call things gay as a joke in my opinion so i probably wouldn’t worry about that. 🙂
      2. i think that it makes sense because some people just feel bad or whatnot but i’d probably not worry too much either 🙂
      3. oh god yes its very awkwardddd i can so relate tbh 😛

if you have any doubts you dont need to come out, or as birchy said you can come out to a few trustworthy people or just one great person 😀 <33333

open a window you're too hot

4. ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
    June 3, 2020 at 10:56 pm

I know that my troubles are microscopic compared to everyone else’s from what I’ve seen, but:

My dad seems determined to make my summer frustrating (or at least make up for my break during online school it was so boring). He’s a great dad, but here’s a schedule of my summer day this month:

Morning: do math (geometry, exercises, and quiz)
    Lunch
    Go over the answers with dad
    3:00 pm: math class to 4:30
    Break
    Do the math homework from the class
    Dinner
    Running (anytime during the day, really)
    Python programming class on Mon, Wed, Fri from 6:15 to around 7:45
    And usually, he has me review the day’s news.

It doesn’t seem like much, but on Tuesdays and Friday nights I have to wash my hair, and I think some girls on here will agree that it takes ages sometimes. Most of these activities take hours to do, so my whole day is basically math and food.

I sometimes feel overwhelmed by math. I love doing math; don’t get me wrong. And my dad is great — he just wants me to have an eventful summer and that means learning. But math all day is terribly annoying. Help! I’m drowning in the sea of Angle Bisector Theorems and number bases (screw Base 16)

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 4, 2020 at 10:28 pm

Oh gosh I feel like I’m so embarrassed right now for bothering everybody with this but I was dying like yesterday so I had to post sorry 😬

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• falling feather
      June 4, 2020 at 10:44 pm

it sounds like you’ll be a lot smarter than all of your classmates when school starts back up 😛
      maybe you could tell your dad that you would like a break once in a while

look in the sky

5. Stormlight
    June 4, 2020 at 4:28 am

I really really really need a hug right now. Okay, so about 6 months ago or so, I realized that I’m hetero-romantic asexual. And it just felt so good to finally find a label that fit, like idk I’ve always known I like boys but like, only in a friend/romantic way, like, when I get a crush I think “oh I’d like to have a long conversation with them, or hold hands, or just hang out for hours together and laugh and stuff” and it’s really awesome to know that there are other people out there who also feel that way. Anyway, me and my mom were just having a conversation and I said that I don’t want kids and she said “Oh you never know that might change when you’re older” but I’m 18 and I’ve never wanted kids (well, I might adopt, but none biologically) so I said “No, I know I don’t want them ever.” And then since I was feeling especially brave I said “besides, to have kids you have to do stuff that I don’t want to do.” And she just kind of laughed and said “that might change too.” But I’m 99.9% sure it won’t so I said, “I’d rather just hold hands and hug and kiss that’s all.” And what she said next literally broke my heart because it’s my biggest fear (especially when it comes to coming out): “Well, whoever you love in the future might not think that’s enough if you’re really in love.” Then she went to tell my younger siblings goodnight and I went to reading Warriors and then I realized I could put how I’m feeling on BlogClan so I ended up here.
    UPDATE: as I was writing this, my mom came back over (I was scared she’d see what I was typing so I switched over to my ebook tab (the Warriors book I’m reading–Lost Stars in The Broken Code btw) and said “but hey don’t let anyone pressure you if you’re not ready yet” and I just nodded and hoped she wouldn’t look at my chromebook screen. She then said she was sorry and that it was ok if I “wanted to wait until marriage” because she believes that it’s special and should only be done in marriage, but I don’t want to have that kind of relationship even if I get married. So I said “Well believe me I’m not going to do that, it just seems gross” and I was feeling kinda better because at least she kind of apologized but then she said, “well, that might just mean you’re not really in love yet.” Now I’m doubting myself because yes, I’ve had crushes and dated (nothing serious tho) but I’ve never really been in “love.” Even tho I know my asexuality is nothing to be ashamed of, I still feel like I’m somehow wrong. It really hurts because I was thinking about coming out to a few of my best friends, one of whom happens to be my crush, but now I’m worried that they’ll have similar reactions, and that my crush will never like me back if he knows. (I’m ok if he only likes me as a friend bc I value our friendship over my crush on him, but I don’t want him to be uninterested forever just bc I’m ace.) If my own mom looked at me funny and said “holding hands, hugging, and kissing might not be enough,” how can I tell others? The only people who know are my sisters, and they both support me. But my biggest fear is that they’re the only ones who will.
    Sorry for the long rant and some bad grammar but I really just had to get that out there and I don’t know where else I can post this without people knowing who I am. 🙁

6. M0nkEyfUr 2020
    June 4, 2020 at 3:38 pm

I play the cello and I’ve been really sad lately about it…
    Soooooo here’s what happened:
    I’ve done all the exams (ABRSM to Grade 8) last year and I’m pretty good at the cello. But usually, I practice my cello from 10-11:15 (cause that’s when you have to stop making sounds in apartments here) but… usually, I don’t get enough time to finish practicing and I feel terrible. Usually, even when I practice I feel a little sleepy and bored, and recently, my mind even wondered to think about other things (which doesn’t happen usually). I’ve also been trying to improve my basic techniques cause it’s not good enough and I don’t even know if I’m doing it correctly like I know when I not playing correctly but then I’m scared I’m not getting the feeling that I had in class when I practice.

Then, there’s an older guy in my school who plays cello and he was super good, I mean super good, he is like majoring in music and is in like a REALLY REALLY RARE school. He started playing at 11 years old but he’s still really good. I want to be as good as him in the future (I’m apprentice aged) but I’m scared and haunted by the fact that I’m still having to improve on the basics, and there are probably people out there who are my age and have done everything I want to do. I’m scared that I’m steps behind them because I’m not good enough. It just makes me sad cause I really want to be good😞

i see moky

• Streampaw
      June 4, 2020 at 4:25 pm

Monkey, don’t compare yourself to that older guy. You will be as good as him one day if you keep practicing! But if you aren’t enjoying practicing the cello, then maybe it isn’t for you. I stopped enjoying the drum and I realized it wasn’t for me. But if you really like the cello, keep practicing! Hugs*

• June 4, 2020 at 5:10 pm

If you want to improve, maybe try and ask the older guy how to improve your cello performance. It’s easy to compare yourself to others, but you can take advantage of this situation and get better. Don’t worry, you’ll improve with time! 😀 😀 *hugs*

“Don’t compare your life to others. There’s no comparison between the sun and the moon. They shine when it’s their time.” -Anonymous

I'm a weirdo and I'm proud

• June 4, 2020 at 5:43 pm

Heyo! First of all, as far as I know, playing the cello is freaking hard, and I couldn’t do it to save my life, so you should be proud of yourself! Also, never compare yourself with others, because you are always going to be harder on yourself than others are on you! So, it doesn’t matter wether or not you are better than some dude who’s going to this really rare music school! All that matters is YOU, and YOU do, not what other people are doing! You got this Monkeyfur! ❤️

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• falling feather
      June 4, 2020 at 10:51 pm

maybe you could ask older guy to help you
      your hours of practice will show eventually and then you can take your awesome cello skills and show older guy how it’s done! (sorry i got a little wound up there)
      you are already good at cello and you will be even better if you keep practicing, it’s okay if you need to work on basic techniques because that is what will help you improve and get better
      🙂

look in the sky

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
        June 5, 2020 at 3:17 am

thanks falling feather🙂

i see moky

• falling feather
          June 5, 2020 at 11:03 pm

No problem! 😀

look in the sky

• June 6, 2020 at 8:39 pm

woahh there moky
      you’ve done all the grades for cello and you’re only apprentice age? thats like, 23456786543 times better than most people 😀 and don’t worry, everyone improves at their own speed, don’t compare yourself to the older person moky <333 now eat this yeets cookies

open a window you're too hot

• June 7, 2020 at 4:08 pm

Aw Moky <33
      I want to play the ukulele but I suck at it and barely even know anything about it 😛 I seriously bet you're better than me at cello than I am at ukulele! I'm also trying to learn how to use nunchuku (that’s a weapon) and I'm still at the basics (which I haven't mastered yet) so I feel you! I see people using nunchucku online and I'm like whoah. But remember they've been practicing for longer than you have and it's only natural to be at this stage. You know, that dude was exactly where you are now at some point. Everyone is a beginner at some point. Do not feel bad <3 You will get good if you stick with it and persist and practice like I know you can, I promise. <3

SrizelFTW

7. June 4, 2020 at 4:08 pm

So it is my brothers birthday! I should be up there saying happy birthday! But I don´t feel like it! Because Iḿ deppresed about my sexualty and pride month!

I kinda just want to come out about my sexualty but then I don´t. Itś too awkward. I tried to talk about how important pride month was too me but my mom just said Itś for people who are gay. I mean what is that even supposed to mean? My brother thinks all that stuff is weird. And well I am just feeling depresed like I celeprate pride month on blogclan (hence my siggie and name) but I want to celebrate at home.

PLease give me advice! Thanks!

Happy pride month! Be proud of who you are! Let your true colors shine!

• Streampaw
      June 4, 2020 at 4:22 pm

You don’t have to come out to your parents if you don’t want to. But you do you! If you maybe explain to your parents why Pride Month is special to you, they might understand. And who cares what your brother thinks! Do what makes you happy! Wait however long you want to and if you never want to, that’s fine. Sends hugs*
      (I am not part of the LGBTQ+ community but I will celebrate Pride Month with you😁)

• Stormlight
      June 4, 2020 at 5:02 pm

Hey, I feel you! In fact, I actually kinda sorta tried to come out to my mom last night, but it didn’t go as planned. My situation is a bit different from most people who celebrate Pride Month because I’m hetero-romantic asexual (so I still like boys, but I only want romance and not… “more” than that), but I know that it’s tough to be your true self in a society that isn’t always accepting. I have many LGBTQ friends and they all have different experiences: some are able to come out happily and live freely out of the closet, some only come out to their closest friends and that’s all they’re comfortable with, and some people don’t really want to come out at all. It sounds like you want to come out, but are afraid. And that’s valid! I hate that people feel like they have to hide a part of themselves that they are proud of (oh is that why it’s called “Pride” lol) and if you want to tell your family you absolutely should… but only if YOU are ready. Sadly, I can’t guarantee they will react the way you want them to. Many adults say stuff like “oh it’s just a phase.” When I told my mom that I only want to hold hands, hug, and kiss (etc) she just said “Well that might change when you’re older.” And while, yes, it might, it still hurt because that’s how I’m feeling now. And I’m also 99.9% sure that it WON’T change. So yeah, it was tough. BUT I’ve also come out to my sisters, and both of them are accepting. Obviously I don’t know your family, but sometimes it helps to tell someone closer to your own age rather than an adult (that’s just what I’ve seen/experienced tho.) Maybe try telling your brother at first? My youngest sister used to think that stuff was “weird” too but as she has gotten older and matured she is now a loyal ally! Anyway, long story short, if you are ready to come out, you should! If they truly love you they will accept you as you are! And even if they don’t say the right things (most people don’t, when a friend came out to me as lesbian several years ago I was like, “Wait, does that mean you could like me?” …no one’s perfect), just remember that you are still awesome and your feelings are totally real and valid! Good luck (if you decide to tell them)!

be the light inside a storm

• June 4, 2020 at 5:18 pm

Hi guys Iḿ back again in like 2 secs but whatever!

Err I am so mad right now. I started a fist fight with my brother. He just mad me so mad and the pride month stuff I hate it. All they do is make fun of it, it just makes me so angry. i have no one to talk to. All my friends are straight and my om and brother are just soooo. Ugh. They make fun of bi and pan and stuff like that and then they ask me what I think. Like what am I supposed to say when they just made fun of me. I feel like I can´t do anything when there around like I have to be ¨PERFECT¨. But Iḿ not perfect. Also, talking about my sexuality may result in a very awkward conversation with my family, and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. I’m looking over my shoulder every two seconds to make sure no one walks in on me typing this and sees this. I mean what the heck my family should just be proud of me for who I am which makes me feel like I ma not special enough. My mom banned me from electronics now so right no I am not supposed to be on but I just want too. I need you guys. When I am not on blogclan celebrating pride month, I feel depressed, angry and cringy. I feel likje an orphan, there is nothing wrong with being an orphan. But, it means my family lied to me about literly everything. I mean who lies to you about your birth. I hate my brother he is always teasing me and things like that and then school I have litterly no friends. And I feel like my friends still keep secrets from me when I tell them everything. But, I have no proof. Soo…It just makes me feel horrible. My parents are divorced so it is really stressfull. Especialy because my family has like no money and we live my grandmother. My grandmother is nice and shehelps me a lot but I can´t even work up enough courage to tell her how I feel. We also lost our dog and cat and home so I miss my cat a lot. I hate being at home, I like to hide behind my bangs at school but then my mom cut them. So now I get in trouble for wearing a hoodie over my head. Sometimes I will just lock myself in my room untill everyone is finished arguing. And then I get in trouble for locking my door and now I don´t even have a lock. I want to spend my whole day on blogclan as you guys are the only people who treat me as an equal. I read to get myself out if problems daydreaming that I´m in the story with a better life. Mom always says we should be thankfull for family and a roof over our heads. But my with my family at home is the place where I don´t want to be. I daydream all the time. I have always got my head in the clouds, then I get in trouble for that. My mom treats my brother with special treatment which me feel so angry. I just want someone to love me. Is that too much to ask of my family. Why don´t I deserve to be loved, I have never done anything to them. I love music it helps me a lot but now I am banned from electronics but I am not going to do that because it is wrong. I´m not just gonna give up my rights because they tell me too. I am now not very excited for my birthday as i do not think it will be fun at all.

I need advice and hugs thanks guys!

Happy pride month! Be proud of you are! Let your true colors shine

• June 4, 2020 at 7:43 pm

(Hey Rainingbreeze! I’m not trying to be rude or anything, but lately I’ve noticed that you have a habit of copying things that other people have said and using to talk about your own problems at home, which is making me kind of uncomfortable. For example, one of the things I said in my post yesterday about coming out was “Talking about my sexuality may result in a very awkward conversation with my family, and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. Like literally, I’m looking over my shoulder every two seconds to make sure no one walks in on me typing this and sees it…”, and today, you said “Also, talking about my sexuality may result in a very awkward conversation with my family, and I’m not sure I’m ready for that yet. I’m looking over my shoulder every two seconds to make sure no one walks in on me typing this and sees this.” See how they are almost exactly the same? So anyway, I would really appreciate if you stopped, because I really don’t like how my words are being copied and edited for your own posts without giving anyone credit. Thanks!)

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
        June 4, 2020 at 9:09 pm

Do you play any type of instrument? That may help. Or you can even make your own fun little instrument (I put different rubber bands over a metal box and I can now play the scale on rubber bands lol).

I think parents might hold an opinion about LGBTQ+ that is rather like “why does the new generation need this stuff? We’re still humans”. My dad does not support extensive discussion about LGBTQ in school (and I think I might agree. You can be what you want, but why talk about this mature topic to a bunch of little 2nd graders??? 4th graders too – that’s the age where everyone, especially boys, acts kinda crazy).

Your family might think that to be bi or pan or whatever is weird. If you don’t feel comfortable coming out to them, I suggest you don’t. You might say so to your friends, and on here, but it’s rather evident that your mom is under stress. Poor you – no dog, no cat, lonely, off electronics, basically everything I would want in my ideal life is gone from you.

Are you sure you feel like an orphan? And why might your mom treat your brother differently? I think my sister is annoying. She’s getting her school musical song stuck in my head right this minute, and I HATE IT.

I prefer to not think about my sexuality. Pride month is great; everyone should think so. But if thinking about it stresses you out and you may have this feeling I have about drowning in things to do and worry about, maybe forget about it for a while.

Sorry, I don’t know what to do in your situation. I don’t really think about issues like yours so sorry if my advice is trash. Don’t forget that we’re all here for you and your mom can’t possibly neglect you (against the law I think). Hugs to infinity! *Hug* *Hug* *Hugs even more*

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 4, 2020 at 5:40 pm

Well, all I can say is, if you want to come out, then come out! If you don’t, then don’t!

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

8. June 4, 2020 at 6:26 pm

If you are an atheist, best to skip this.

I just have so much rage to whoever wrote the belittling and limiting verses in the Bible about women.

So much rage.
    I can’t stand it.
    It’s hurting me, it’s hurting other women all over the world, it has hurt my mom in the past, it’s hurt my grandmother who I don’t have contact with anymore, and I’m pretty sure even the grandmother I do have contact with believes she’s lesser to some extent.
    I believe in God, but I do not believe He thinks that. How could He? How is that love?

I wish the Hebrew word kephale which means beginning or source didn’t get twisted into the English word head which almost always means ruler of in our language. Then maybe things would be a little better for women today.
    I wish people were a little clearer in the ancient times about what they meant about women being silent in church (like, what if some women where teaching stuff about Artemis [in the church]? I read an article about that. ) and lots and lots and lots of other things.
    I know this was during a certain time period, and the people didn’t know their writing would still be around today, but still…

why???

I just hate those people a lot right now.
    I wish more of the world’s women were free.

SrizelFTW

• June 4, 2020 at 9:17 pm

Oof… I wish I could help more, but I am an Atheist. 😛

Yes, it isn’t fair that so many women still aren’t treated equally to men. It’s ridiculous. I hear ya. And I’m sorry you’re having a rough time! *hugs*

Your very own nerd is present.

• Kat
      June 4, 2020 at 10:20 pm

I’d agree; it’s wildly frustrating. Luckily, though I went to a Christian school for nine years as a kid and my extended family as well as parents ARE very religious, there was rarely a mention of the sexist components of the religious texts. My mom’s both a churchgoer and a feminist, and the conclusion we’ve all come to is that the pervasive toxic of the patriarchy informed narrative styles; I choose to believe that being a biased, perhaps even SUBCONSCIOUSLY biased narrator wormed its way through centuries and centuries of translations and re-tellings. It’s something that it’s truly up to you as a person to make your own conclusions about; religion as an entity is a communal, organized thing, but spirituality is something personal. 🙂

Be excellent to each other.

• 🌺Willowkit/willowpaw/willowfrost/willowbloom
      June 5, 2020 at 10:36 pm

I think God knows it isn’t true, all those rude verses, and he has sent people to us to advocate for our rights as women. And what i think they mean by being silent is they were being revernt out of their respect for God in the church. People were prejudiced against women because…they were… well, the men thought of them as infoirior which is not true. My mom says the people in the scriptures did bad things and they chose to write it because they wanted people to know they weren’t perfect either and to show us what NOT to do. It feels weird talking about this on Blogclan.

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      June 6, 2020 at 3:56 am

ummm i don’t know greek gods or hebrew so idk…
      but HUGLLES TO A GREAT FRIEND❤️🧸

i see moky

9. June 4, 2020 at 8:13 pm

Okay….
    I recently discovered that I’m bisexual and my family is really really REALLY homophobic. I didn’t even know what LGBT+ was until I turned 9! My siblings don’t support LGBT+ either, and when I tried to come out, my brother started saying something like, “Ha, LGBT+ people are dumb.” I was really hurt by this, especially since both of my parents were there and didn’t do anything to my brother (who I will call Hawkpaw)! Then my dad started laughing. LAUGHING. And my mom told me that it I mentioned this again, I would be grounded for a MONTH, leading to all the events I described in my last post. And then my sister (Nightpaw) said,
    ”I don’t care about LGBT+ people. They’re stupid.”
    Uh, excuse me?
    I feel really useless and dumb now, and it’s all their fault!
    Nightpaw and Hawkpaw later decided to rip the manga page of the book that was going to be PUBLISHED. JUST BECAUSE I’M LGBT+. That really ticked me off, and I started saying things I didn’t mean. However, Nightpaw and Hawkpaw never had to apologize, never did, and weren’t even scolded!
    All right. Thank you. That’s it.
    So I basically hid in my room for 8-ish hours and by the time I fell asleep it was 5:00, which is close to my average time. Nightpaw and Hawkpaw haven’t listened to a word I say since, and I need tips on not getting mad at this.
    Then, my dad said,
    “You are going through a phase, Brightkit. No one—no one is allowed to be LGBT+ in my house.”
    My dad hates the LGBT+ community in general and once even protested against them! He thinks LGBT+ is not “normal” and that being straight is the only “right” way to live.
    Help. Please.

i like me some cookies

• June 4, 2020 at 8:35 pm

I honestly think that you should call one of the hotlines above. This is NOT right. I’m SO SO SO sorry, Bright. I don’t think you should mention LGBT+ in your house again, for your safety. It’s not a bad word or anything, but for your safety, Bright. Please.
      *hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs!!!*
      I’m so sorry, Bright.

Yes, that was you I just ate

• June 4, 2020 at 9:04 pm

I’m so sorry that’s happening, Bright! Maybe avoid mentioning for the time being, but remember that nobody has the right to write your future. Be yourself. Make your own choices. It’s not for someone to try changing you the way they want you to become.

RevisingWritingForContests

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 4, 2020 at 9:15 pm

If this is causing so much stress, I suggest you forget about it. This is an indispensable part of you; it definitely is. But you seem to be in elementary school if your suffix is ‘kit. I don’t feel that it’s a time to actually be thinking about that. Once you’re independent, who can restrain you? And Crooked is right. I suggest you call one of the hotlines above, especially as this is… kind of against the first amendment (freedom of speech). Full support! So sorry about your problem, and hugs to the moon.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
        June 5, 2020 at 2:50 am

Oops sorry, I didn’t notice about your name but since you addressed yourself as Brightkit when describing your dad’s reaction, I just assumed. Sorry! But I do think that you don’t have to stress out all over it. You can be whatever you want! But some people won’t hesitate to stick a negative label on you (and everyone does this, even you might sometimes [usually unintentionally, don’t worry]). Perhaps you may want to keep this part to yourself, and once you have your footing in the world, BOOM. You can do what you want! And I feel for you, so, hugs!
        P.S. (I really suck at this type of sexuality advice because I don’t care what I am… so, sorry if my advice is trash, but that’s what I think)

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 4, 2020 at 9:49 pm

Call the hotline. Just call it. That’s all the advice I can give you, but if you feel that your safety is at risk because of your sexuality, call it. And if you cannot do that, text, because I think they have a text thingy too. Be safe, and know that we support you through all of it, ok?

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• Wildpaw
      June 5, 2020 at 4:46 am

It’s not right. Call a hotline. That’s all the advice I can give, considering I haven’t thought about this in my life yet. But it’s not right.

10. June 4, 2020 at 9:15 pm

To everyone talking about opening up:

There’s no shame in waiting until you’re ready. And *hugs to you all* I’m sorry if your families are making it hard.

Your very own nerd is present.

11. Wildpaw
    June 5, 2020 at 4:52 am

Hey, I need advice on what to do. Recently I’ve been really paranoid that I’m being watched, but I know that nothing’s there. For some reason, I’ll turn and look into the woods for no reason, although I know there’s nothing there. I’m not even paranoid that it’s the government.

Here’s how it started:

I was reading one of my books, and it said that they watch over kids. It really freaked me out, even though I know it’s not real. I just keep thinking someone like that is watching me, and it really creeps me out.
    My problem is, I know that I’m being paranoid, but I still can’t stop looking out my window every five seconds!

Plz help me! I don’t know what to do, and I’m worried I’m going insane!

• Tyrantstorm
      June 5, 2020 at 3:35 pm

Oooooh i was in the exact same situation.
      I dealed with it in this way:
      Anytime my mind would make me think something was watching me, I would always fo, Its not real! And eventually it would go away. I dont feel it now, but you maybe could just go, its not real in your mind.

12. June 5, 2020 at 9:41 pm

This is to Offer Support to All Of the People Who Might or Are LGBTQ+…

Hey everyone! I’m not here this time for hugs and advice, but more to just offer some to all of you!
    So, I know it’s Pride Month, and a lot of us are wondering about coming out and having sexuality related problems! Because of this, I’m just going to give a few words of advice:

1) Be who you are!
    I know it might seem tough to be who you are and stay true to yourself if your family might have issues with the LGBTQ+ community or you haven’t come out yet, but I think that being yourself and being able to speak your truth is very important too!

2) Be honest with yourself! (This is mainly a piece of advice for people who are questioning their sexuality, but it can also apply to others too!)
    If you happen to be questioning, make sure that you aren’t just questioning because you want to be special or something like that, because there is a lot more to being gay, lesbian, straight, bi, pan, etc. than just “being special”! Also, if you are questioning and need advice, as someone who was once questioning (It turns out I’m bisexual!), I suggest that you ask yourself REALLY PERSONAL questions. Some questions I asked myself were like: “Imagine yourself getting married, right? What gender is the person you are marrying?”, and “Why do you think you might be a part of the LGBTQ+ community?”, and “Would I want to kiss someone of the same gender as me?”, etc. This might be awkward, but once you ask yourself these questions, you’ll probably be closer to finding yourself and what your sexuality really is!

3) Your safety is 100% the number one priority!
    If you feel unsafe because your family is homophobic or something else and you are either gay, lesbian, straight, bi, pan, etc. I suggest you don’t come out and you call or text the LGBTQ+ hotline listed above! I can’t give advice on how to come out since I myself haven’t yet, but please make sure that when or if you do come out, that you know that you will be safe at home and in other places!

Anyway, I hope this helps (And doesn’t get buried…oof), and I love you all and hope you have a great rest of your day! ❤️ *Hugs*

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

13. sableslip
    June 5, 2020 at 10:39 pm

a lot has been going on in my life recently so uh, thought maybe i could post here.

so, when i was 8 or 9 i discovered what lgbtq+ was. i didn’t think it applied to me, bc i didn’t really understand it.
    fast forward a year or two later, when i really started understanding what it meant. i have never truly liked a boy, sure, i liked them, but i look back and i realize i never actually liked them. i only thought i liked them because i was “supposed to like them”. from then i have gone from bi to demipan and demigenderfluid and now back to questioning and demigenderfluid. i can’t find the right term to describe myself. someone suggested polyromantic, but that’s not me either. maybe something like homoflexible, but a homoromantic flexible orientation. i’ve been struggling with that in my mind for a bit. i want to come out to my family but my parents don’t necessarily not support it, but they don’t exactly support it either. my brother (i’ll call him stormpaw) doesn’t even know lgbtq+ exists. my sister (i’ll call her flailpaw) knows, and is lgbtq+, but i can’t find the words to come out. she knows i am queer though. i get so angry when people call me by the wrong pronouns, or talk about me getting a boyfriend. not gonna happen.

i have also been struggling mentally. i think i might have a mental illness; the stress of just life is making me even more stressed, all the time i find myself questioning the point of life. i’ve been coping weirdly. i pick a song (mostly welcome to wonderland by anson seabra) and i sing it over and over again until my voice goes hoarse. then i go through the lyrics and see how they relate to me. then i repeat. i’ve been imagining fantasy worlds where i have control of everything, which relates to welcome to wonderland. i’ve started getting more paranoid than ever, always feeling like people are talking about me, criticizing me, even online.

school has been getting me down, i can’t handle it on top of covid-19 and all my other problems. i’ve been submitting everything late, i’ve been missing due dates for presentations and not attending mandatory meetings. not much to say there.

does anyone have a coping method that would help me get stuff done and feel better too? help, please. i cant do it and i need help? i cant call hotlines because i dont have a phone and i dont want to use the phone in my house bc i dont want anyone to see or hear me.

• falling feather
      June 5, 2020 at 10:59 pm

If you want some to talk to about struggling mentally, try contacting a teacher or there are hotlines you can e-mail. 🙂
      LGBTQ+ is a new thing to most people and if you have never displayed any signs of being in that group then people will just assume. When people call you by the wrong pronouns try to be patient and explain to them your preferences.
      To help with your confidence try to find something you love doing and practice! 🙂
      When you go to bed each night try to write good things that you like about yourself so you feel more comfortable with who you are.
      If you ever want to talk more, the Hug Page is always here for you! 😀

look in the sky

• Birchfoot
      June 6, 2020 at 1:45 am

okay, first of all, you’re allowed to submit stuff late. We’re in the middle of a global crisis, OF COURSE your mind is not going to be in the right space to be consistently doing work, so don’t beat yourself up about it. No one I know is being very productive right now, because there’s so much else going on; it’s /okay/.

if the fears that people are talking about you are consistently affecting your ability to function then it’s time to talk about it with your family doctor. If you can’t right now (even virtually), and still suspect you have a mental illness, you can do some research on common coping mechanisms, like grounding and breathing exercises and what a healthy mindset looks like. I’d be very hesitant to diagnose yourself; however, finding support in any way you can is always good 🙂

• falling feather
        June 6, 2020 at 1:56 am

I didn’t say this but I agree with Birchfoot about not self-diagnosing. This often ends up just making you more stressed and it is unreliable. If you research how you’re feeling you should probably tell someone you trust what you’re going to do so they can be your voice of reason so you don’t get easily avoidable stress.
        🙂

look in the sky

• Birchfoot
          June 6, 2020 at 2:29 am

self diagnosis can be tricky to navigate; in rare cases where you’re completely and utterly unable to find professional help and need some specific tips of how to cope, then yeah it might be helpful. but a lot of mental illnesses have very overlapping symptoms and can be tough to diagnose (or there may be more than one; they often come in groups), so as falling feather said it can be stressful to take on that burden yourself, so always get a professional opinion if you’re able to 🙂 even if it’s saying something like, “i’m worried i may be struggling with x, can you refer me to someone who may be able to give a formal diagnosis?”

• sableslip
        June 6, 2020 at 1:58 am

i’ve tried telling people before but i just can’t, i dont know why. but i mean, i just want a coping method that won’t make me question reality. thats it, i should be good to handle myself after, i think 😀

• Birchfoot
          June 6, 2020 at 2:26 am

you can always write it down if speaking is too difficult 🙂 <3 and trust me, if the person cares about you, they'll be okay if you need to take your time and such. I've fumbled through a lot of explanations of how i've been feeling before 😛 it's natural

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 6, 2020 at 3:42 am

I think you should just chill out a bit. Getting a fitting definition is important, but if this is affecting your performance in school or your mental health, I suggest you forget about it for a while. I rarely think about these problems, and I don’t think it’s worth getting all stressed over. You are you; maybe you’re even your own sexuality (if you think so, don’t start thinking more about it it’ll make you more stressed).

If it’s something else that’s bothering you and making you distracted, maybe tell someone else. Say that you feel like you have trouble processing everyday things to do, and you’ve been really stressed. I think there is bound to be someone around that listens to that.

Don’t forget that we’re not trying to criticize you; most people online might just be saying what they think. Perhaps you could get your parents to sign you up for an online psychologist? I heard that those are really popular as everyone goes crazy at home.

Meanwhile, what I would do is find something to unwind. And since school is done over here, I would say that you explain the situation to your teacher — there’s not that many days left anyway, I think. It’s JUNE, for heaven’s sake! (Also, that was my first attempt at bold, so idk if it works)

Can you tell me what kinds of things you do on a daily basis? I can help better if I know what exactly you have to work on and go through.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
        June 6, 2020 at 8:14 pm

Oof that did not turn out welll… oh I see, I needed to do the thing

Test Did it work…?