The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

34,116 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. June 6, 2020 at 3:37 am

My cat is sick but apparently cats are of no importance so my cats can’t get tested. 😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😐😤😤😐😤😐😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤😤

ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏᴄᴋɪɴɢᴊᴀʏ

2. June 6, 2020 at 4:11 am

The cat litter stunk. It all started with that. My mom called me down to say good night, but then she told me that the cat litter stunk. I told her I did it yesterday or the day before, but then it spiraled into some not good things.

First, as you may know, I am moving in two weeks. At first, out new landlord didn’t allow pets, but reluctantly let us keep our cats because we do the litter well. And we do, it’s just in our basement, it’s moldy and murky, so the stink gets worse, especially with vents. Anyways, my mom got super mad at me because of the litter stinking tonight. I offered to do it to help but she said no, because she is “checking the litter” to see if I did well. Checking the litter, when I can literally just do it again with no problem and eliminate the issue today. Seriously, it’s like she wants to be involved in these issues just to get upset at this point. Anyways, she says that if I don’t do well with the litter, we will either be homeless (because of me) or we would have to get rid of the cats (also because of me). My mom already told my dad and my sister this (she tends to bend the truth and exaggerate things to get what she wants across so skyping with my dad tomorrow is going to be… interesting…).

And she said something else that just confirms what I felt with my earlier posts. My mom told me that her mental health is starting to go and if I don’t step up she will crack, have a mental breakdown, and get depression to the point where she needs medication. She is already talking to a therapist at work. She probably didn’t mean it to be because of me, but the way she said it– and she actually said it–

This is my fault. Everything is my fault. My mom is having mental health issues because of me. Everything I thought and feared is true, and I have no idea what to do anymore, because nothing I can do at this point can help, because if I were good enough, none of this would be happening.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• June 6, 2020 at 4:16 am

Update: My mom came up to talk to me and asked about how I was doing. I said I was fine (I don’t want my emotions to be even more of a burden, and I am nervous she won’t understand, so I hold hem in and talk about them here). She said I am not fine because nobody is fine right now.

Anyways she wants me to talk to her about it– and I just– I just– don’t know how. Do I tell her what has happened for the past few months of me not feeling good enough? Do I tell her that it’s because of her pressure? Do I tell her that everything is my fault? I apologize all the time, but– I just have no idea…

Try me, Beyoncé.

• June 7, 2020 at 12:05 am

1. You are enough.
        Can I say that again?
        You are enough.
        You will never not be enough.
        You are always enough.
        You are good enough.
        Don’t say that about yourself, that you aren’t enough.
        You are good enough.

2. Tell your mom the truth. If it’s her pressure that’s making you stressed, tell her that. Do NOT tell her everything is you’re fault. It’s so not. You have no control over your mom’s moods, what she gets upset about, where her thoughts wander. You don’t get to decide if she chooses to see the negative for a majority of the time. It’s not because of you if she thinks you aren’t capable of cleaning some litter. It’s her choice.
        See? Not your fault.

3. Yes, there are people fine right now. People not sick. People fighting to get better if they are sick. People choosing to see the positive. People beating back the darkness. People working to make the world a better place. Spreading hope. Being strong. Like you can.
        Bramble, just tell your dad the truth on tomorrow’s call, no matter what your mom says. You’re strong and amazing and caring, never forget that.
        You are enough.

❤️❤️*hugs* ❤️❤️

SrizelFTW

3. Ambixie thinks that BrightSpark’s family are mean according to the comment they posted and oh no my darn anger issues are firing up again :(
    June 6, 2020 at 5:54 am

Ok, I’m back. With a pretty stupid problem. Which I could probably solve if it weren’t for my darn anger issues!!

So, I have a friend called AshKit. She’s pretty nice, except she barely gets along with my other friends. Then, I have another friend called OakKit, who swore never to speak to AshKit ever again after some issues that I’m too lazy to write down about. So basically, we were playing this game and we had to choose a type of animal. Whenever AshKit plays this game she calls a falcon. So, today, OakKit called for the falcon first. AshKit, having always been the falcon, started being frustrating and saying things like “Oh, I’m always that.” And “OakKit doesn’t deserve to be that.” Even though OakKit is really nice and puts up with AshKit ALL THE TIME. So, I said “Does it really matter if your not a falcon for like, 15 minutes?” And guess what AshKit said? “You never know what SHE might do with MY role. She might steal it!” (By ‘she’ AshKit means OakKit). OakKit was standing there the whole time, putting up with us argue, and i was really mad. So I said “Well, OakKit called falcon FIRST.” AND ASHKIT FOLDS HER ARMS WITH AN EXPRESSION THAT SAYS “Ugh. She’s a loser and i am the best person in the world and if I’m not falcon for like, 15 minutes, you are gonna pay and you are going down.” AshKit has no friends apart from me and her best friend, CloudyKit. So, I stormed off and yelled “Why don’t you go and walk the red carpet then, little miss perfect?!” And i did laps around the school until I had vented. And my best friend in school, KiwiKit hugged me and told me not to be mad. (KiwiKit is really small and cute, And she,s in my grade, And when she hugs you you have to hug her back or you feel guilty.)

And it doesn’t help that my mum told me to hold a bag of sugar and I left it in the aisle 😛 (ok, that’s funny I admit.)

• June 6, 2020 at 6:38 pm

First of all, I love the animal that they are fighting to be, let me make that clear.

Second of all, your name scared me half to death, I thought you meant that everyone in Brightkit’s Family including Brightkit was mean, and I was about to strongly disagree.

Okay, third, that was very mean, what Ashkit said. I’m serious, that… no. I wish I could help you, but I’ve never had that problem before. Sorry… *hugs*

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 6, 2020 at 11:52 pm

Well what a dumb thing for Ashkit to fight about. Once she realizes there are bigger things in the world than a pixelated falcon to worry about and fight for she’ll mature. I’m sorry.
      That was a good idea; running laps is a good way to steam off.

(P.S. You don’t mean our Brightspark, right?)

SrizelFTW

• fallen is searching for her rainbow tic tacs~ Fallenkit/rose
      June 8, 2020 at 8:24 pm

Oh no…
      Ngl, that’s totally me and my best friend, like we rarely fight but about the DUMBEST things. Maybe Ashkit’s gone through some tough stuff or is actually really insecure and thinks that acting like that. Trust me, my friend and I had like this giant fight because she called me mean and I “threw” a donut at her over text and she ate it and then I told her it was goat cheese filled and she legit left me on read and pretended to sleep -_- You get it…
      Maybe tell her that you can’t be friends with someone that can’t get along for 15 minutes with your other friends and is that obnoxious and rude?
      You owe me five bucks if you were playing Feather Family

we stan bob, our leader

• Ambixie feels confused
        June 10, 2020 at 12:23 am

What’s feather family and why do I owe you five bucks 😛

• fallen is searching for her rainbow tic tacs~ Fallenkit/rose
          June 15, 2020 at 6:36 pm

This is late lol, but Feather Family is a game on Roblox and it’s basically a bird RPG. Yeah and you don’t owe me 5 bucks qwq

we stan bob, our leader

• Jetkit
      June 9, 2020 at 8:59 pm

Ashkit doesn’t sound nice

4. Moons is logged out
    June 6, 2020 at 1:27 pm

my dad blocked a bunch of sites that i go to by accident. he’s trying to work with me to fix it but it’s change and it’s reallyyyyy stressing me out :’)
    yeah i might not be on discord today 😛

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 6, 2020 at 11:32 pm

Discord is not life. When I started discord in 5th grade my parents and I had a long convo and dad made me delete the account. I was literally crying that whole day and was depressed for the rest of the week. But then, if it’s a problem you’re working together to solve, I suggest you be patient. If you can block sites you can unblock them, yes? There are also solutions on the internet.

But I do feel sorry that some of your favorite sites are blocked. Stick it out for now, and remember that those aren’t the whole world. Hugs for now!

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Silvs
      June 7, 2020 at 6:24 pm

I’m sorry about that! *hugs*

• M0nkEyfUr 2020
      June 8, 2020 at 12:57 pm

oof. I think to unblock websites you can go to parental controls part and then select the website from the ‘blocked’ list and make them unblocked! I hope everything fixes well😁
      HUGS!

i see moky

5. snowpelt
    June 7, 2020 at 5:43 pm

I feel really embarrassed about reading Warriors. It’s a book series that I enjoy a lot but I feel like my parents and my brother think I’m too old to be reading it. My friends don’t know I read it, but they make fun of it and talk about it being a series for little kids and a bad series. Should I just stop reading it if I feel bad about it?

• Silvs
      June 7, 2020 at 6:27 pm

My parents are the same way. If you don’t enjoy reading it, I would say you should quit, but if you do, there is no reason to quit! Reading warriors is much better than reading nothing, and you should do things you enjoy. Maybe try telling that your parents? And your friends, if they make fun of you for reading it, they shouldn’t be your friends. If you don’t like hanging out with them. When school starts again, you can try joining a club or doing some activity.

• snowpelt
        June 7, 2020 at 8:32 pm

They would never make fun of me, they just make fun of the series in general. They don’t know that I read it though.

• Silvs
          June 9, 2020 at 2:54 pm

If you don’t like them doing that, you could tell them, but if they are just leaving you alone, it doesn’t seem like you should tell them. They seem like good friends, so don’t take this that seriously.

• falling feather
      June 7, 2020 at 6:46 pm

It depends on what your priorities are.
      If your liking for the series is stronger than your disliking of being made fun of, then keep reading the series.
      If you dislike being made fun of more than you like reading the series then stop reading the series.
      Also, consider the fact that your friends are peer pressuring you which is really not nice.
      sorry, I didn’t really know what to say 🙂

look in the sky

• Jetkit
      June 9, 2020 at 9:04 pm

It’s gory enough for you to be reading it I think

• June 10, 2020 at 2:01 am

It’s fine. I’m 22, almost 23, and I’m still reading Warriors.

I’m a prisoner no more!

• Stormlight
        June 10, 2020 at 3:33 am

I’m 18, and I’ve been reading Warriors since I was 8! Sometimes my dad teases me for still liking the books, but I know he isn’t doing it to be mean. Besides, I will NEVER stop reading Warriors no matter what anyone else says. It’s just too good not to read!

be the light inside a storm

6. Bloomkit finally comes to do her tiny rant
    June 7, 2020 at 7:50 pm

My friend is having depression problems, along with or possibly because her parents are doing lots of court stuff about who she lives with, and her school definitely isn’t helping from what I have heard. Because she moved away I don’t know what I can do about it and when she does come I don’t know what to say to cheer her up and I feel guilty for not being able to do anything. What should I do?

THERE IS NO BLOOMPAW

• June 8, 2020 at 11:23 pm

No advice but *lots of loving hugs*

SrizelFTW

• June 9, 2020 at 12:11 am

Hey, sometimes you can’t exactly cheer someone up if they’re dealing with problems🤷🏽‍♀️
      Maybe ask her how she’s doing, and if she needs to talk, listen. When people are really depressed, sometimes they become closed off.
      It’s ALWAYS good to talk to someone, so maybe just show that you’re here for her.💟
      When she’s not in your town, try to FaceTime or write to her!

And keep on trying to cheer her up💛 If you can, try to do some of the stuff she loves doing. *huggles*

• Goldenfawn
      June 9, 2020 at 6:07 pm

I’m sorry your friend is going through that. ❤️ Try to keep in contact with her and make it clear you’re there for her if she needs to talk. It’s hard to both have depression and be close with someone that has it, as they can try to isolate themselves from those that care and want to help. I wish you and your friend luck. ❤️

🏳️‍🌈

7. ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
    June 7, 2020 at 8:06 pm

No! Actually, you can understand a lot of human emotions and motivations if you read Warriors. What books do THEY read? And why might they think Warriors is babyish? The characters are multi-layered and the books are perfectly capable of forcing you to binge. You should take a look at the graphic novel Smile— it shows how important it is to not let how other people think of you and your interests to affect who you actually are. If you like the Warrior series, go ahead and read! It’s no right of theirs to tell or influence you on what to do.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• ѕℓαтєραω (looking for mentor)
      June 7, 2020 at 11:21 pm

Oops, I thought I pressed reply.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 9, 2020 at 12:12 am

I love that book Smile!

8. snowpelt
    June 7, 2020 at 8:31 pm

They don’t even know that I read it but they just make fun of the series. They’re actually really good people, and I’m sure that if they knew that I read it they wouldn’t make fun of it.

• June 8, 2020 at 11:19 pm

People who make fun of things aren’t good people, to be frank.

SrizelFTW

• June 9, 2020 at 12:16 am

I’m sure if you told your friends or your parents they wouldn’t judge you for it. Beside, if they judge you, they aren’t your real friends🧡
      But as you said, they probably won’t. Maybe you can casually talk about the series and the things you love about it.
      Warriors is A M A Z I N G !!
      And yeah, some people don’t like it. But whatever.

I have a friend who doesn’t care for Taylor Swift or some stuff I like, but we’re still friends cause we have other stuff in common. She doesn’t judge me for liking TS.
      Maybe they’ll view it differently if they find out that you read it?❤️😀

• Stormlight
        June 10, 2020 at 3:34 am

Taylor swift is the BEST!!!

be the light inside a storm

9. June 8, 2020 at 1:15 am

A hopefully hug page-worthy short song! WARNING: it’s kinda dark at times

i like me some cookies

10. fallen is searching for her rainbow tic tacs~ Fallenkit/rose
    June 8, 2020 at 8:30 pm

Ahh, this is kinda trashy compared to other problems, but I can’t do this anymore. I hate school so so so so so so so sosososososososo much! I don’t get to see Peachkit as much, I have homework, I have to go through ANOTHER day of my English teacher saying “Proyect” (SO annoying) and it just drains my energy…All of my real friends are in different countries so I don’t get to talk to them and I’m so sick of Google Meet and dictations and getting math homework every day and hating school. I just need hugz to help me survive 2 more weeks 🙁

we stan bob, our leader

• fallen is searching for her rainbow tic tacs~ Fallenkit/rose
      June 8, 2020 at 8:55 pm

Speedy mod I see you >:33
      Is it maybe, hm…Viper?

we stan bob, our leader

• 🏳️‍🌈 Cheetahspark 🏳️‍🌈
        June 8, 2020 at 9:06 pm

‘Twas Embix 😛

• June 8, 2020 at 11:03 pm

*huuugssss* *hugsss* You’ll get through this, Fallenkit, you’ll get through this together.

Yes, that was you I just ate

11. June 8, 2020 at 11:03 pm

Does anyone have some relaxation music? I just need some for my friend, and yes, it’s actually my friend that I need it for, and it’s not me. Yeah, does anyone know anything about gaggle that might be useful?

Yes, that was you I just ate

12. Wildpaw
    June 9, 2020 at 1:08 am

So, today I told my parents that I wanted to quit XC (Cross Country), but they won’t let me. The worst part is, they told me to tell them the truth, multiple times, and the one time I do, they don’t even care! So now I have to run Cross country for the entire season. Now I’m not sure that I can trust them when they say they’ll let me choose after that.

• falling feather
      June 9, 2020 at 3:15 am

well have your parents already paid for Cross Country?
      they also probably want you to be more active and running will make you healthier
      sorry my advice might be biased because I like running 😛

look in the sky

• Wildpaw
        June 9, 2020 at 6:57 am

At my school, you don’t have to pay to do XC.

• falling feather
          June 10, 2020 at 1:26 am

oh :l

look in the sky

13. June 9, 2020 at 5:41 pm

WARNING: If you think me talking about my sexuality will make you uncomfortable, you may not want to read this!

Heyo! It’s Panthie, back with another round of “Oh no, I need advice about my sexuality!” (Y’all are probably getting sick of me at this point, so if you don’t want to reply to this, don’t feel obligated to, and you don’t have to read this next part either if you don’t feel like it…)

So anyway, I think I’ve found something out, and this is pretty big! And, so, um…..I think I’m lesbian. You may be like, “What?! You just came out on the Blog as bisexual last week!”, but here’s the thing:

Lesbian people have had crushes on boys before, and then found out that they were lesbian a while later!
    And honestly….you know what? Let me tell you a story. So, has anyone ever been to AstroCamp? Anyway, AstroCamp is just this big space camp where you can do rock climbing, zip lining, space studies, etc. So, at AstroCamp, I was with this girl, which we will call Onyxpaw, and I had thought that I had had a crush on Onyxpaw for a REALLY LONG TIME, and we were best friends. Anyway, at AstroCamp, we were talking, and, long story short, eventually we got to the point where we realized we had crushes on each other, right? And in that time, when I had that crush on her (I don’t have a crush on her anymore, but that’s another long story that I’m not going to get into…), I just felt like that it was right for me to like girls, and when I’ve had crushes on boys, the way that I was feeling in that moment was nothing compared to what I’d felt for a boy. Does that make sense?

So, in conclusion, I still am going to identify as a bisexual for a while, but something is telling me that I might be lesbian, and not bisexual. But while I’m going through all this, I don’t want to talk to my family, because, like I said, “awkward!”, but I can’t really talk to my friends either without my parents finding out, because since we are in quarantine, the only thing I can do that doesn’t look suspicious is to text them, and my parent literally check my phone and messages ALL THE TIME! Because of this, I would have to delete all of my history in the Messages app with whichever friend I decided to tell so that my family doesn’t find out, which is…..you guessed it, stressful! And also, normally, I would talk to my teacher about this, since she is an LGBTQ+ councilor and even runs this club for people at my school who are LGBTQ+ called “Alphabet Soup”, but I can’t, because if I do a random meeting with her about it on Zoom, it looks suspicious and weird, and my parents are bound to know what’s going on. See my problem?

So, anyway, I need hugs, especially hugs, and advice, and if you can help, that would be freaking awesome! Thanks everyone! ❤️

Show off your true colors! 🏳️‍🌈

• Goldenfawn
      June 9, 2020 at 6:05 pm

It’s okay to not know! When I was younger I realized I was attracted to girls, but also had crushes on boys. I’ve since realized I’m only attracted to girls, and the crushes I have on them aren’t really comparable to crushes on boys from when I was younger. Either way we’ll accept and love you, Panthie. 🙂 I’m not the best at advice, but you can have some hugs. ❤️

🏳️‍🌈

• Silverfrost
      June 9, 2020 at 6:23 pm

We’re not sick of you, Panthie ❤️ I personally feel that sexuality is kinda wonky. It’s okay not to know what you identify as; you have all time in the world to figure out what’s right for you. I only decided I was heterosexual about a year ago, after I realized I was never attracted to girls so much as boys. We’ll support and love you no matter what you decide. ❤️ If you ever need to talk, I’m always here 🙂

A Diamond in the Rough

• June 9, 2020 at 6:44 pm

Nope, nope, nope! Not getting sick of you! It’s hard not to talk about sexuality in pride month, and when you were just questioning it before. AWWWW!!! I’m sorry, I guess I now know how my friend feels whenever I tell her about my “love life.” I mean, I wouldn’t exactly call it that, but it’s pretty much the only term I can think of right now. I definitely get that, it seems like you have to sneak around a lot, right? I don’t think my advice is going to help as much, as your own advice to yourself would in this situation, but I’ll still try. Yeah, I don’t think you should put yourself in a situation where you come out to a person saying you’re something, and then you realize you’re something else, and it just goes on and on, you know? Like, I accidentally said that I was gay when I came out, that’s not even the term for girls, so it was really the wrong term to use, and then later on I got stressed because I knew that they thought that I was lesbian, not bi. And you don’t want to get into that conversation again, so just wait till you feel good about how you feel with what you identify as, and wait until you feel good about telling someone, to actually tell someone. It’s hard to have patience sometimes in this situation, you just want to talk freely sometimes about it, and then sometimes it’s just like you’re in the middle of something. Sorry, that probably is confusing, sometimes I just talk in my own language. So, sometimes this feeling overcomes you, where you want to tell someone so bad, but you have to make sure that that feeling is what you’re actually feeling, not what you want to feel. If you want to meet that teacher, then go ahead and meet that teacher. Your parents can’t say that there’s anything wrong with meeting a teacher over the summer, you can say that you’re getting some more stuff to do over the summer, and maybe you can actually do that so it looks like a solid explanation. Just if you want, though. I think I know what you’re going through by questioning sexuality? Like, of course ’cause I’m here now, knowing that I’m bi. But, what I mean is, you’re questioning even after you thought you got the answer. But sometimes, there’s no right answer, or wrong. If you want someone to talk to, I’m always here, but sometimes you know, I’m not, since I’m not on the computer 24/7. Sorry. 😉 But, if you need an actual conversation, and you don’t want to risk being heard by your parents or anything, or you want someone who understands you, know this; the only person who completely understands you is you. Take some time to talk to yourself, just spill out your feelings, and just keep talking. I’ve done this SO MANY TIMES, it is a miracle workerrrrr!!! If not, write a letter, I don’t know, but figure out a way to communicate with yourself. *hugs x a million* <3 I'm sorry you have to go through the mess of questioning sexuality, but the thing is, with this question always comes an answer. 😀
      "We are not what other people say we are. We are who we know ourselves to be, and we are what we love. That's OK."
      -Laverne Cox, actress and LGBTQ activist
      "If I had to label myself, I would label myself as a gay man. With that said, I believe that love is the only thing that matters, and I would hope that anybody would leave themselves open — not to gender, but to love…If I fall in love down the road with a woman, I'm going to love that woman."
      -Jussie Smollett, actor
      "These years in silence and reflection made me stronger and reminded me that acceptance has to come from within and that this kind of truth gives me the power to conquer emotions I didn’t even know existed."
      -Ricky Martin, musician