The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905 Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848 Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

33,957 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. June 24, 2020 at 7:29 pm

UPDATE ON PEANUT:

We took him to the vet today, and Peanut has an upper respiratory infection. He was prescribed antibiotics which we are giving him twice a day for twelve days. He also needs warm food so he can scent it better, so we will microwave his food. But most importantly…

PEANUT IS GOING TO BE OKAY!

Try me, Beyoncé.

2. June 24, 2020 at 8:39 pm

Question for high schoolers here: Do you have any tips for high school? Luckily my high school is the same campus/people as my middle school so I don’t have to worry about that, but I’m still a bit nervous. In high school all my grades will count towards my college applications, and teachers will be watching students closely for college recommendations. Do any current or former high schoolers have any tips on time management, how to make a good impression, and whether or not I will have time to do community service? In middle school I already had a bunch of homework, so I don’t think I’ll have time for community service, unfortunately. It’s not a requirement at my school but it’s good for college.

Question for college students: When should I start preparing for the SAT/ACT? Any tips for what I should do in high school to prepare for/boost my chances in college?

I cannot stop twinkling!

• June 24, 2020 at 11:25 pm

I am a high school student who has completed my freshman year.

1.) Especially in your freshman year, I wouldn’t worry too much about your grades — I believe that colleges look at your grades for later on more than they look at the grades for freshman year. However, this may just be the case for my school.

2.) Don’t stress about community service. You have many years to gather some up for college. At my school, community service is a requirement, but I’ll talk as though your case is true for me. I was a little worried about it, but I’ve already got a good chunk of it over with after one year of high school because everything and anything you’re part of usually will offer community service of some form or another. At least, my drama club was immensely helpful with that, and it was fun, too, because we did “ghost walks” where we dressed as deceased peoples of olden days and then some people would say lines as their character they are playing as; also, my school itself offered community service ideas when it could, although I as an individual didn’t need that due to drama club and such. I believe I did community service in other ways, too, just by being in things outside of school or helping out because of things I was already in. So, the point in saying this to relate to how your school doesn’t require it is that if you’re already in things for school that take up some of your time, well, using some of that time for those things at school could — depending — also grant you community service hours. Unless it can’t go through the school. Not all of my hours can be through the school, but one of the ghost walks wasn’t through drama club and was just offered up in chorus class, so the same things I said above still apply in this scenario, it’s just trickier. I often get a lot of homework, and that doesn’t really stop me from completing hours, so I wouldn’t fret too much. I know this is my school and not yours, but that’s just how it was for me, as someone who also goes into high school with the same people I was with in (elementary and) middle school.

3.) I don’t know what to say for time management, except that it’s been as easy as time management in middle school was for me, which was easy.

4.) To make a good impression, be respectful and responsible. Perhaps attempt to communicate with your teachers and peers well. Ask your teachers a lot of questions, if you can. And always do your homework, of course.

High school isn’t scary. Don’t be too anxious, but always be mindful of these points. If you do, you’ll be better than fine, I’m sure 😀

Your very own nerd is present.

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Strikes On Frosty Night (Viperfrost) 🐍❄️
        June 24, 2020 at 11:32 pm

^very good advice <3

bow to bob, our ruler and king

• Stormlight
      June 25, 2020 at 1:39 am

I just graduated high school, and here are my biggest tips:
      1. Try to balance your schedule, with some harder classes (like Pre-AP/AP if your school has them) with a mixture of easier classes/electives. It’s good to take one or two fun classes that you have a real interest in. For me, that class was theatre. If you are really good at one subject, for example, I loved English, take advanced classes in that subject to help boost your GPA. Also, colleges like to see you challenge yourself. But don’t take an AP class that you will hate- I’m not a huge fan of science, so I always took regular/on-level biology, chemistry, physics, etc. The important thing is to have a balance of challenging classes and fun classes–not to say that challenging classes can’t be fun, I always enjoyed my AP classes more than my regular ones.
      2. My school didn’t require community service, but certain clubs did. I was in National Honor Society, and we had to do 6 hours of service each 9 weeks. It was pretty manageable for me, but some of my friends struggled to complete theirs in time. I would say if you have to do community service, it’s good to get it done early so you don’t have to worry about it later. Also, colleges like to see community service, but I doubt they would reject you if you didn’t have any. Another tip is to do it in the summer when you have more free time.
      3. As for making a good impression, well, I would say just be yourself. I know, I know, it’s cheesy, but it’s true. At the start of my freshman year, I was so worried about what the upperclassmen would think of me, but most of them tried to ignore the freshmen as much as possible (they thought we were very annoying lol) and when I realized that no matter what I did to “impress” them, they weren’t going to care, I was able to have more fun being silly with my friends. But of course, we still followed school rules, you know, no saying bad words, follow the dress code, don’t bully other students, no cheating/plagiarism, etc, etc. As long as you behave and try your best in class, your teachers will probably like you. Unless they’re super strict or just don’t like kids.
      4. You won’t take the SAT or ACT until junior year (at least, that’s when we took them at my school–well, we took the SAT in school but for the ACT you had to sign up to do it on a Saturday), but we took the PSAT every year except senior year. My advice there would be to wait until you take the PSAT and see how you did on it. If you get a good score, great! Keep up the good work! If your score isn’t the best, try studying what you got wrong. There’s a math and English part, so if you did good in English but terrible in math, you’ll know to focus more on math. And if you just totally fail at it (not that I think you will), keep in mind a LOT of colleges are going test-optional, where they make you write like an essay or something instead. I’m not exactly sure, because I just submitted my test scores, but honestly most colleges don’t care what your score is too much as long as it’s above a certain point, examples: 1100 on the SAT or 22 on the ACT, 1250 SAT/27 ACT, 1500 SAT 33 ACT (for really hard colleges to get into like Harvard or Yale). Keep in mind that you don’t HAVE to take both tests, but if you choose to, you can submit your higher score. Some people find that one test is easier than the other, so it’s something to think about.
      5. Participate in extracurriculars, do your assignments on time, take some hard classes… you’ll get into college! I did! Of course if you want to go to an Ivy League you’ll have to go really above and beyond, but most colleges are happy to accept kids who just do their best. Honestly I think it’s great that you want to be prepared for college, when I was a freshman I was just trying not to get lost on my way to class (it only happened twice) or to figure out which lunch line served the best food. Overall, just remember, work hard, but have fun too! High school can be awesome if you give it your best shot!

be the light inside a storm

• Stormlight
        June 25, 2020 at 1:40 am

dang that was long

be the light inside a storm

• Sparrowpaw
          June 25, 2020 at 8:11 pm

…wow.

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 29, 2020 at 10:18 pm

I’m a college student, I honestly didn’t start prepping for the SAT or ACT super early, I did take the PSAT every year and that helped me get a feel for what areas I needed to improve in and how the tests would be set up. My biggest suggestion is to not put so much pressure on yourself. I was told I needed a plan in Junior High to get into college but the truth is I didn’t decide what college I was going to until I was in my Senior year. Even in college I changed my major many times. So my best advice is to give yourself room to grow and follow your interests. Unless you’re trying to get into like an Ivy League school you don’t need to dedicate 100% of your time to school and volunteer work. Colleges like to see personality, find a club you like and join that. Eventually you can run for a leadership position in that club which will look good on your college application. Volunteer work is good but it isn’t the be all end all. Also don’t take too many AP classes. Everyone acts like only “dumb” kids take regular classes but the truth is AP classes can be very hard on your mental health and can lower your GPA. If you like English but not math, take AP English courses but regular math courses. Your freshman year is your year to have fun and find yourself. Your grades in your freshman year are not what colleges will be looking at (obviously you still need to work hard but don’t stress yourself out too much) it’s important to build your support system as a freshman. Join clubs and do school events. As for letters of recommendation, you will find at least one teacher you click with through out your years in high school, just be yourself and be kind and respectful. Good luck and have a great time in high school! And remember your future is not set in stone, you still have time to find out what you want to do and who you want to be : )

Rereading: Sunrise

3. Wolfdawn (now a warrior)
    June 25, 2020 at 9:17 am

This isn’t a really big problem, I just feel down at the moment. Over the days I’ve been working on my newest ‘book’ that is set in medieval times. Well, I made the mistake of searching a bit on how to write medieval books and some people pretty much said that you will need to research a lot, and how it’s hard to write a historical novel that is actually good. I got discouraged, because well I’m a beginner obviously, so how could I write a good enough story. For the researching part, I kinda do my research, like if something comes up that I don’t know if they did then, or how they did it I research it. But otherwise I mostly leave it to my imagination. So I’m pretty discouraged at the moment…. It doesn’t help that I can’t get any reviews on the first few chapters because my friends don’t have the time to read it.

• Crookedmoon
      June 25, 2020 at 5:48 pm

Well, the book will be worse if you don’t even try to write it. Everyone starts at the beginning, it’s a question of whether or not they’ll make it through to the end. Wolfdawn, if you don’t keep trying you’re not going to know how to improve your writing to be a better writer. Post your writing on the fanfic page!!! I bet there will be so many people that will give you some tips to improve it, and will give you their honest feedback! The fanfic page is for any kind of story, not just warriors based stories.
      *hugs*

• Shadowcloud (Clo) Who is bored rn :P
      June 25, 2020 at 7:50 pm

Writing is such a hard subject, and leaving things up to your imagination is great!!! I often start books and then just give up on them, because I loose the desire to finish them, I start to feel like it’s not good enough. But I’ve recently learned that pushing through the hard parts of writing is what makes a good book! I’m sure your ideas are amazing, and while researching is important, it’s not like you’ll get in trouble for not doing exactly what others tell you about how to do it. And I understand the whole friends don’t want to read it thing. It’s really frustrating, but I guess that’s part of life, I bet lots of people here would be interested though! And maybe you could try reaching out to family members? I don’t know if this was any help, but I just wanted you to know that you’re not the only one struggling with problems like this 😛 And I’m happy to help with and discouraging times 😀

Sokeefe all the way

• Rockpelt
      June 25, 2020 at 11:24 pm

If you really don’t want to do a huge amount of research maybe do an alternate history? I really don’t have that much advice.

• falling feather
      June 26, 2020 at 2:26 am

Congrats on becoming a warrior! 😀
      Writing books are hard. Maybe you could start with something shorter so you get the satisfaction of completing something sooner. Then you can use that satisfaction to keep writing. If you have a plot written out, maybe you could go through and make edits to potentially unhistorical events in your story.
      *hugs*

look in the sky

• Ivykit
      June 26, 2020 at 12:52 pm

aww you can do it! we’ll be happy to give you a review!

im b0red

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
        June 28, 2020 at 4:21 pm

you have a cute hamster 🙂

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• June 26, 2020 at 4:12 pm

I think you should write it 🙂

It’ll be really good experience and practice even if it doenst turn out how you’d like it!

• Wolfdawn (still can't find the energy to log in...)
      June 26, 2020 at 8:40 pm

Thank you to everyone who responded! I decided to push through with the story, and hope that it will turn out alright. I actually didn’t know that you could post other stories on the fanfic page, I haven’t been on the blog in a long time and just assumed that it was for warrior fanfics. I might post the beginning of the first chapter…

• June 26, 2020 at 9:35 pm

That’s awesome Wolfdawn!

• Lavenderbreeze
        June 28, 2020 at 12:39 am

You can do it! I can’t wait to read it if you post it. I love to write and help people with their writing so if you ever need any help I’m here for ya and I’m sure many others on here would love to support you : )

Rereading: Sunrise

• Wolfdawn (still can't find the energy to login)
          June 28, 2020 at 10:13 am

Well, I posted a tiny bit from the first chapter, one page back on the fanfic page and I would be really happy if somebody checked it out. (Shameless self promo 😛 )

• Lavenderbreeze
            June 28, 2020 at 8:31 pm

I’ll go check it out right now!!

Rereading: Sunrise

4. anonymous
    June 26, 2020 at 7:15 pm

im so ugly and fat and I’m sick of it
    i hate how every single item of clothing looks on me and I don’t feel ‘cute’ or comfortable in anything I wear and I can’t deal with it
    it’s making me hate myself so much and I don’t know what to do, I really wanna lose a few kilograms but I’ve been trying for years and I simply can’t
    I hate summer cause I have to show my body and I absolutely hate it and when I tell my mum or my sister they just tell me I’m not fat and get annoyed at me, but I feel so ugly and I feel so selfish for caring so much
    I never look nice. I just want to stay inside forever and not have anyone see me
    sorry for this annoying post

• June 27, 2020 at 12:20 am

You are not fat! If you don’ t feel comfy in your clothes, talk to your parents and shop for clothes together. I have one suggestion: talk to your doctor! They’ll find a way to help you.

I am Queen 👑
      Not Lapisdapple

• June 27, 2020 at 2:43 am

You are beautiful. It doesn’t matter what you look like on the outside, but it matters what’s on the inside. Find some clothes that feel like you. You are pretty, cute, and beautiful!!!!! You are NOT ugly or fat. Don’t say that about yourself!! If you want to lose some weight, try some workout websites!!! Maybe try and eat healthier? I’m so sorry you are feeling this way, and I hope you know that you are beautiful. It wasn’t an annoying post, it was an honest one, and that’s something to be proud of that you are brave enough to admit your feelings. Whoever you may be, I’m here for you.
      *hugs*

Aaron Burr, Sir

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 27, 2020 at 5:00 am

You are not ugly!! Nor is fat a bad thing, fat can be beautiful. Have you ever seen Lizzo? Ashley Graham? Adele? Rebel Wilson? Kelly Clarkson? Just to name a few : ) I’ve been trying to lose weight my whole live but then I realized that only I thought I was ugly. No one whose opinion mattered ever told me I was ugly. I had friends saying they wanted my curves for years and I still tortured myself with attempting weight loss. Years later and I’ve accepted who I am and I love how I look and being confident has made me more beautiful than dropping a couple of pounds. Actually, being confident has helped me lose weight. Trying to lose weight out of self hatred is a dangerous path. Of course if you want to live an active lifestyle and get in shape I support you completely, I’m doing the same thing! But being overweight does not make you ugly. It does not make you less valuable than a skinny person. I’d suggest maybe seeing a therapist because a lot of problems with self esteem are tied more to your brain than how your body looks. You are beautiful. You are unique and you are you! A lot of time self image is extremely distorted, most people see you completely differently than you see yourself. Your mom and your sister think you are beautiful. We all think you are beautiful. And I promise one day you will feel beautiful too. I support you in your weight loss goals but I also support you in who you are now. I support you in finding a style that makes you feel more comfortable. And one suggestion for comfortable but cute clothes? Patterned flare pants are my life, I haven’t worn jeans in ages. I promise things will get better, and we all will be here to support you as they do.

Rereading: Sunrise

• falling feather
      June 27, 2020 at 9:59 pm

i don’t want to be your mum or sister right now but what do you like about yourself? focus on those points 🙂
      when you try on clothes look for the positives 🙂
      or you could search online and look at clothes that you like 🙂
      it’s important for you to remember that your appearance does not equal your worth
      and it’s important for you to feel comfortable as you 🙂
      if you really want to feel healthier try exercising or eating better 🙂
      *hugs*

• Ivykit
      June 28, 2020 at 2:34 pm

You’re not fat! I don’t really have any advice but… don’t think abt it and tell yourself that you are beautiful.

im b0red

• June 29, 2020 at 4:17 pm

You’re not fat, and this post was not annoying. You’re wonderful just the way you are 🙂

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

• June 30, 2020 at 11:00 pm

I’m sorry. But let me tell you this; you’re not being selfish for feeling like this.
      *hugs*

SrizelFTW

5. α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ Starspring
    June 26, 2020 at 11:26 pm

hhhh I’ve been feeling incredibly uncomfortable and kind of unsafe in my house bc of my dad, he never respects my personal space (it’s not anything of that sort he just doesn’t respect it), keeps trying to invade my personal property (he’s actually done this to my personal email and deleted several things on it that I had to ask my cousins to help me recover), and when he’s angry he just yells and I freeze up, and though it’s usually at my sisters (usually Middy, but she usually does things that do deserve a punishment of sorts for)…and a few days ago he screamed at Middy just for lying to him (I’m not sure about what but I doubt it was something that big because he yells like this all the time). And I would contact a hotline as this behaviour has been going on for a very long time… Quarantine hasn’t been helping this behaviour and I think it’s gotten worse, and it doesn’t help that soon I’m going to be forced to go back to church again as well as a Christian youth group, which I don’t have a choice in and idk if I even want to consider myself a Christian at this point. This isn’t even mentioning the fact that I really don’t want to go to either place because I know both are homophobic and even more transphobic, and I’ve told my parents this but they only said that “you’re supposed to learn things you find uncomfortable in church” or smth like that but like how would you react to being told that a part of yourself is just raging hormones, that you’re just confused, that you just need to be prayed for more, or that you being transgender is the equivalent of a coffee mug wanting to be a paper airplane (yes, in a middle school youth group at my church they said this about trans people and you can imagine that this still makes me livid to this day).

…And yes I do need a new therapist because my mom doesn’t like the place that was offering the services and she found it too expensive, so no I do not have anywhere or anyone else I can talk about this atm, especially not with the quarantine in effect.

Daffiolet tho

• Birchfoot
      June 27, 2020 at 12:21 am

Starspring, I’m really sorry about the hurt and pain you’re experiencing. I can’t imagine what it’s like, but please know that all of us here love you dearly and want you safe. We, however, are not professionals nor do we know you in real life, and we can’t offer immediate help for you. As such, please call a hotline, or research crisis centres or perhaps new forms of therapy or in patient care. Anything that can give you the space and time you need to heal, as it seems your home situation is not great

We love you, and we urge you to call any sort of hotlines or crisis centres. Your safety and comfort is the most important thing here, okay? 100%. You deserve to be safe and happy and healthy, as do your siblings, but we can’t offer professional help in the same way a trained therapist or counselor can. <3 We love you so much <3

• June 27, 2020 at 3:01 am

I am so sorry starspring I love you and I feel really bad for you.

Join the rebels!

• June 27, 2020 at 3:17 am

I truly wish I could help you starspring, but all I know is that you should call one of the hotlines above. I hope it gets better.
      *hugsss*

Aaron Burr, Sir

• Ivykit
      June 28, 2020 at 2:40 pm

Aww I’m kind of advice blocked today but same thing with my sister except she just always goes through my stuff and I’m worried abt here spilling my secrets… but u should talk to him abt it. We’re here for you! ❤️

im b0red

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
      June 28, 2020 at 4:43 pm

(Churches, i think, arent necessarily homophobic, but it has to do with religion and i think freedom of that is in the constitution)

My dad has a temper, and i do get yelled at for lying, so i think its just him, but if theres anything particularly making you feel unsafe or having no personal life you might want to call the hotline
      in the meantime maybe figure out why your dad yells a lot and ask him to back off and give you the privacy you need because from your BlogClan name it looks like you’re a high schooler and as people get older they meed their space to redraw into.

(honestly i dont mean any offense but biologically men and women are different so then if the coffee mug successfully and entirely turned into a paper airplane that would be okay but having a biological man who identifies as a woman on the Olympics wouldnt be very fair. but in other instances i think people can be whatever they choose to be.)

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• α ѕᴘяɪηɢ ᴏғ ғαƖƖєη ѕᴛαяѕ Starspring
        June 28, 2020 at 8:32 pm

[Mod edit: this comment touches on child abuse. Please read at your discretion.]

My dad doesn’t have a reason to be yelling at me or my sisters so much, that’s the thing. I’m not going to dare asking him to back off because he probably would beat me for saying that, so that’s entirely out of the question. Yes, I am a high schooler but even though I try to give myself space, it’s not like anyone in my family is going to let me have that

(And no, the church itself that I’m forced to go to is homophobic and the coffee/paper airplane metaphor was meant to be transphobic. Religion nor freedom of speech is not an excuse for being discriminatory regardless and that instance was meant to be harmful.)

Daffiolet tho

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
          June 29, 2020 at 1:39 am

oh, this situation is more prickly than it appeared…

I definitely think you should call a hotline if it gets worse, and even though this is your dad, abusing you or your siblings (even verbally) isn’t okay and you should pour it out, so I suggest the hotline

(sorry about all that, I wasn’t too sure about your church, just saying most churches in general. also, I feel for you in this situation, and I definitely don’t think they had the right to say that being trans isn’t “correct”. i just like to be more cautious and careful when thinking about things like this. And you don’t need to go to church to be a Christian, there are always outliers and if you still want to be a Christian that doesn’t mean giving up your freedom.)

you should really get another therapist soon, it’s obviously essential for you to have someone to talk to who is professionally trained in comforting people.

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Mapledrift
            June 30, 2020 at 3:21 pm

By the way as a response to a previous comment about someone who was assigned male at birth but is actually a trans woman and competing in the Olympics, actually it can be fair !
            There is a link between muscle mass and hormones and stuff, so by taking oestrogen and trying to limit the amounts of testosterone, the body would change ! Also, there are some woman with naturally very high testosterone who already have a natural advantage over women with less testosterone in sport. It just happens that trans women have more because they were born male, as opposed to a cisgender woman just having higher levels of testosterone.
            Don’t quote me on this but I actually think taking synthetic oestrogen can actually be quite draining ?? I can’t remember where I saw it rip

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
              June 30, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Yeah I know, it’s complicated and sometimes it does give unfair advantages, but like I said if the man at least was trying to turn into a woman that’d be okay but there was this case I think where this guy claimed he was a woman and then tried for women events in the Olympics without actually doing anything
              Anyway I’m really blurry on this topic it’s just my opinion xD

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Mapledrift
                June 30, 2020 at 8:34 pm

ANother point it’s a little transphobic wording to say the man when referring to a trans woman, as it makes it seem like trans women aren’t real women
                I’m not saying you are transphobic at all, it’s just a little mistake of the wording on your part ! It’s better to say that the trans woman hasn’t started transitioning 😀

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
                  July 1, 2020 at 12:24 am

Oh sorry about that

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Stormlight
          June 29, 2020 at 3:14 am

You’re absolutely right. Someone’s beliefs are not an excuse to be homophobic or transphobic. I’m really sorry your church is. I don’t know if this helps, but I’m a Christian and I believe in equal rights for everyone. LGBTQ+ people deserve to live in a world where society doesn’t treat them like they’re horrible because they’re not. You probably don’t have a choice, but if you can I would suggest asking to either go to a different church or to not go. (perhaps remind your dad about covid19 and say you don’t want to get sick)

If he forces you to go, I would say to block out any hateful comments made. (maybe try daydreaming, repeating song lyrics over and over again, even doing math problems inside your head so that you don’t have to hear that stuff)

I’m so sorry you’re in this situation. Just remember that you’ll be stronger on the other side. *hugs*

be the light inside a storm

6. Briarpaw
    June 26, 2020 at 11:28 pm

I need advice and I know here is the best place to get some and y’all are really nice and supportive, so here goes…

Lately I’ve been questioning my sexuality. I’ve always identified myself as straight, but I’ve been a strong supporter of the LGBTQ+ community. I know a bunch of awesome peeps both in real life and online who are part of it. But I think I might be Bi. Last year, there was a girl in my grade who I thought was kinda cute. She was really nice and kind and even though she and I were not that close I found it really easy to open up to her. I didn’t have a major crush on her or anything. I didn’t want to have a relationship with her. It was pretty minor. I realized it today when I thought a girl walking by was cute that I’ve had minor crushes on some girls. I can think of some right now. But none were major. At all. I didn’t want to act on the crushes or anything. And this happens with girls my age. It’s almost never happened with older girls.

That’s not to say I haven’t had crushes on guys. It does happen, but rarely (except in the case of anime boys, but let’s not focus on that…). Probably because I go to an all-girl’s school, so I don’t have that many boys in my life. I’ve seen boys walk by me and think they’re cute and had minor crushes on them, but occasionally I’ll see a guy in a movie and start majorly crushing on them.

I sort of want to be in the LGBTQ+ community, to feel closer and relate more to the awesome bunch of people who are. But at the same time, I’ve witnessed homophobia and I don’t want that to happen to me. I’m kind of scared that if I say I’m bi someone who’s part of the LGBTQ+ community might one day admit they have feelings for me and I wouldn’t know how to say that I don’t really have feelings for girls or at least not really. And I’ve seen homophobia. Not in real life, but at least online. I’m pretty strong about standing up for LGBTQ+ people to the point where I’m pretty sure they thought I was gay myself. I mean, one guy said something about LGBTQ+ that I was offended by. (This took place online, on Scratch). I remember commenting, “No, it’s not, it’s perfectly normal” and then next thing I know I get a comment in all caps saying how going against the Lord was normal and I would be killed in medieval times and sometimes they wish that we could go back to medieval times just so people like me would die. I think they thought I was gay myself. The comment didn’t offend me too badly as I’m not religious, but it still hurt, and I was mad at them for being a homophobe. I responded saying that I was sorry if I offended them but to please be respectful of everyone. I reported their comment but I was muted the next day too. I really don’t want that for myself if I do consider myself bi.

The thing is, I think of myself as straight. I think it would take a while for me to accept myself as bi. The thing is, am I bi? Because I don’t really want to act on a tiny crush I have for a girl, I feel that all relationships I’ll be in are with guys. Which means I don’t really have to open up if I am. But am I more on the straight side, or am I bi? That’s the thing I need advice on. I know I can identify as questioning for now, but at the same time, I don’t really think of myself as questioning. I think of myself as straight. But at the same time I think that might be accurate. But also, I feel like I might be bending things because I want to be closer to my LGBTQ+ friends. But at the same time, I know I have minor minor crushes on girls…

cookies if you read all this and sorry it was so long, I hope the paragraphs helped

• June 27, 2020 at 3:00 am

heya, i can totally relate to all that ~
      i recognize that i get crushes on girls (even if it’s small) but really, i have no intention of coming out, and i don’t really label myself as “bi” even if i fit into the definition. I figured that since i get crushes on boys as well, i’d just not date girls, and that’s a good enough solution for me 😛
      you can still think of yourself as straight, if that makes you more comfortable. I’ve personally just decided these labels aren’t really my thing, and that if i think someone’s pretty, then they’re pretty. If i’m gonna have a crush on them, I’ll have a crush on them. calling myself bi? makes me feel uncomfortable. So i just stay away from that. personally, i don’t like going around saying i’m bi simply because i feel alienated and “different” from all my straight friends. but really, there’s no need to feel that way, so i just rid myself of thinking i’m bi, but still allowing myself to like who i like. if that makes sense 😛
      if you can be as comfortable as i am with just ignoring everything and just existing as whatever, then that’s great! if you still think you want to find yourself a label, just remember that it’s for the sake of making you happy and comfortable. Do what makes you feel good, as long as you don’t invalidate others!
      others can help, but ultimately with these kinds of things, you’re in charge of making yourself feel comfortable with these situations. hopefully my advice helps with that?
      and about those homophobes – they’ll be homophobic whether you’re part of the community or not. like you said, that guy started attacking you without even confirming your sexuality. do your best to avoid them, and maybe help them be more accepting, but it’s not your responsibility to take control of their actions and prevent them from harming others, so don’t stress on it 🙂 hugs <3

下雨天的阳光

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 27, 2020 at 4:47 am

Hi, I know we’ve never talked before but I’ve been through this same thing before. Up until I was 14 I thought I was as straight as straight could be. Turns out I’m very bisexual. But the truth is that you can be part of the LGBTQ+ community before you know who you are. You don’t have to put a label on things right now, you’re allowed time to figure out if you’re straight, bi or something else : ) also if someone admits feelings for you and you don’t return them that’s okay. No matter what your sexuality is, you’re allowed to say no to anyone that asks you out without having to provide a reason. No one is entitled to your feelings. I think what’s best for you right now might just be to spend some time not deciding on a label and finding out what your feelings are. You can take as much time as you need to find out what your sexuality is. I didn’t start saying I was bi until years after I started to question my identity. And in regard to homophobes, they suck but there will also always be people ready to support you : )

Rereading: Sunrise

• Briarpaw
        June 27, 2020 at 5:04 pm

• June 27, 2020 at 5:51 pm

Completely true.

Thanks for helping me realize Im in the LGBTQ+ community-

straight ally— although I’m a kit so maybe I’m not straight I’ll figure it out one day XD

Cake alone will save our blog.

• June 27, 2020 at 8:10 pm

Hi, Hollykit 🙂 I just wanted to clear something up: being an ally does not necessarily mean that you are in the LGBTQ+ community. By definition, the LGBTQ+ community is made up of the spectrum of sexualities, gender identities, and romantic preferences that fall outside of what is historically considered normal (heterosexual, heteroromantic, cis-gendered, etc). A straight ally, as described on Wikipedia, is someone who identifies as a heterosexual and cis-gendered person and supports LGBTQ+ movements, civil rights, gender equality, etc.

I also wanted to bring up to you (and Briarpaw and other questioning people reading) that being a part of the LGBTQ+ community isn’t a fad, a trend, or a bucket list item – it’s an expression of who you are. If you find that who you are is heterosexual and cis-gendered, that’s okay. That’s you and there are just as any ways to express who you are without forcing yourself to be something that you’re not 🙂 We all take time to figure out our identities, our preferences, and our places in life and it’s okay to take that time, no matter how long it is. Sometimes, we spend years trying to figure out that part of ourselves and sometimes we can figure it out in a single day. Don’t rush into making a decision that’s so intimate and personal to you if you’re unsure that this is what you’re comfortable with 🙂

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• June 27, 2020 at 9:00 pm

Im happy with who I am, and who others are. owo

Cake alone will save our blog.

• Lavenderbreeze
            June 28, 2020 at 12:28 am

Thank you for adding on to this!

Rereading: Sunrise

• June 28, 2020 at 8:10 pm

卄乇ㄚ

• ѕℓαтєραω (who needs a mentor)
            June 29, 2020 at 1:40 am

wut is cisgendered?

♔ Have a nice day ♔

• Goldenfawn
              June 29, 2020 at 2:34 am

A cisgendered person is someone who identifies with the gender they were assigned at birth. 🙂 Rather than transgender, when someone does not.

🏳️‍🌈

• June 27, 2020 at 5:48 pm

If it’s homophobia in real life you’re scared of, maybe identify as bi online, and straight in real life. Otherwise, I’m not sure. fOLLoW yOur hEart…(sorry didn’t know how to word it :’) ) Sorry this isn’t much, I’m not good at this.

*Hug*

(Author’s note: remember you can report anyone on Scratch for homophobia. It’s against the guidelines. Pretty sure you knew this since you reported him.)

Cake alone will save our blog.

• Wolfdawn (with new email)
      June 28, 2020 at 10:15 am

I don’t really have advice to you, even though I wish I had. Mostly because I’m pretty much in the same boat. But if you don’t think you’d date girls, then I suggest not taking on another label, because that way you won’t need to be scared of homophobia…

7. Stormlight
    June 27, 2020 at 12:34 am

I’m so upset. Apparently Gillian Philip (one of the writers for Survivors and Bravelands) is transphobic!!! I look up to all the Erins, but now I don’t know what to think. First JK Rowling ruined Harry Potter for me, and now I’m not sure I can read any more Survivors or Bravelands books without feeling guilty. I just don’t get why people are so filled with hate nowadays. I’m a cis female, but I don’t feel threatened by transgender women (or transgender men, but for some reason they seem to target trans women) and I certainly wouldn’t say anything so negative about them! Some warriors fan accounts on instagram are saying to not buy/read any Erin Hunter books, but I just got A Shadow in RiverClan and I was going to read it after I finished my other book. Now I’m feeling sick and angry knowing that some of my friends are trans and they’re really nice! I don’t think they read Erin Hunter, or even know who Gillian Philip is, but I feel like I’m betraying them for liking the series. I wish people would be more accepting of others. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with being trans! I don’t care if someone identifies as male, female, non-binary, or any other gender identity as long as they’re nice, but lately it seems like people are hating people just for EXISTING. I’m just so tired of seeing innocent people being hated or made fun of for no reason. It makes me wish I could leave the US and go to another place where people might be more accepting.

be the light inside a storm

• June 29, 2020 at 2:19 pm

There is a lot of people in the world with hundreds of differing opinions. Hate is terrible and hurtful, but it is unfortunately a lot more common than we expect. Give it time and think about it and how you feel. It’s okay if you still want to read Warriors, Survivors, or Bravelands even if other people are saying to boycott it. What matters is how you feel and it’s okay to take the time to figure out just what you’re feeling. Just remember that one person does not represent everyone that they associate with. Kate is very adamant on BlogClan being inclusive for everyone and I’m almost certain that there are other people on the Erin Hunter team who feel the same <3

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• June 29, 2020 at 2:27 pm

Good news for you: HarperCollins addressed the issue and said that Gillian would no longer be working on the books. The editors really want everyone to feel included, and won’t allow transphobic/racist/hateful people on their team once they have been exposed. You can still boycott if you want, but know that Gillian Phillip will no longer be supported by the publishers and won’t benefit from the money anymore.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• June 29, 2020 at 2:40 pm

And Kate has confirmed this to BlogTeam in our headquarters 🙂 Gillian will no longer be writing for any Erin Hunter series.

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

• Stormlight
        June 30, 2020 at 12:38 am

Yes, I heard the news and I’m excited to start reading again! I’m so glad the Erins want to be inclusive. <3

be the light inside a storm

8. June 27, 2020 at 3:55 am

Hi.
    I’ve been really stressed and struggling with homework, as I have loads to do and my mom keeps threatening to ban me from BlogClan and take away my Warriors books if I don’t finish my homework; they are the things that keep me sane, from having a literal mental breakdown. On top of that, I have this new manga that I’m working on and I feel like if I fail, I’m letting all those people who are anticipating it down, which is around 2000 people. My mom keeps yelling at me when I’m tired to do my homework and starts yelling at me because apparently “homework is more important than some stupid manga that earns you nothing”. This constant yelling make me feel really tired and unnecessarily stressed. Since I have a terrible social reputation because I’m shy, I have no friends and through manga and the Blog is my only way of communicating how I feel since my family does not believe mental illness and feeling alone is “real” and apparently to them it’s just a fake story to make others pity you. The internet is stressing me out with breaking news I never wanted to hear but on my way here I have to go through all of that. My alone time is slowly being taken away from me, and mixed in with these constant hateful iMessages that I get it’s really stressing me out. I’ve relied on the Blog to keep me motivated these days, and I know it’s unhealthy but cutting into my already messed up sleep schedule to come here. Since I am an extremely short sleeper, I can only sleep for 2 or 1 hour(s) with BlogClan cutting into my sleep. For example, just to release my anger about this iMessage which I will further explain below, I did a few random keysmashes in the comment box (I didn’t actually submit them!) and continued this for 4 hours and browsed articles. Yes, it is unhealthy. Yes, I need to stop it. The problem is, I just can’t. There are no adults around me whom I can trust with this information, and since I live in America, all this scary news is really getting to me, and that iMessage? It was something along the lines of, “Hey, your art sucks. Why don’t you just give up and live without money? Yeah, impossible. You know what I mean.” That was a person I thought I was close to my whole life, and most of the people around me in real life know that I have a short temper- so short that if my parents believed in mental illnesses, they would probably think I was mentally ill; so they know not to tease or insult me. But this person? Apparently not. So I got furious and decided I was going to delete this person’s (you know what, let’s call her Wavepaw) email address from my contacts.
    And I did it.
    Well, tragic mistake.
    We had a schoolwide Meet today for my other school and Wavepaw joined. Wavepaw kept saying mean things about me in the chat. This was the last straw.
    I deleted her from the Meet and my teacher banned me because of this because she chose not to look at all those things Wavepaw was saying about me, somehow she could ignore it.
    Wavepaw somehow FaceTimed me and she acted like nothing ever happened between us. I ended the call as soon as I saw her face and she repeatedly callled me. I never answered.
    My mom Willowpetal told me Wavepaw’s mom Silverwater was worried about me because I never answered Wavepaw. Not knowing of the conflict between us, both moms scheduled a “playdate” for us. We made slime, we painted, we traded Pokémon cards….
    Everything is back to normal, right?
    Wrong!
    Wavepaw later sent me pictures of my art, which were “decorated” with Photoshop to make everything look ugly. The Photoshopped pictures were sent to more of my friends, including Littlekit, who is younger than me and wouldn’t know what to do with such a picture (he played with us at the playdate), and Rosekit, a frenemy more than a friend who loves to tease me etc, etc…all easy targets that would reach negatively or neutrally to the pictures.
    I need help, but hugs will be greatly appreciated.

BLM

• June 27, 2020 at 4:33 am

I am so sorry this happening to you…something happened to my friend like this where her friend copied her work and said it was hers and then she stopped talking to my friend and it was horrible. Anyways i am really sorry this is happening to you maybe try talking to her how you feel. We all love you very much and i am here for you if you need anything. *hugs* 💕

Join the rebels!

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 27, 2020 at 4:39 am

Hey, I just wanted to say I promise you it gets better. I was in a very similar place to where you are right now when I was a teenager, but I promise you can make it through this. I know you said you didn’t have an adult you can trust to talk to, but I bet you there is an adult who cares about you somewhere that can help you. Sometimes teachers that don’t even know you are willing to help you if you reach out. Wavepaw is wrong about your art and I agree they are a toxic person who you should cut out. I’m sorry your parents aren’t helping you through this. Do you think your parents would let you try therapy? Or if not there are some online therapy options. When I was at my worst, going to therapy is what saved me. If you need to talk or vent to someone just let me know.

Rereading: Sunrise

• June 27, 2020 at 9:16 am

*hugs hugs hugggsss*

Bright, I hope and pray that your problems get better. It seems like you’re going through so much. I know what it’s like to be the socially awkward kid- I am the one, and it’s no fun. I know what it’s like to be stressed about current events. I know what it’s like to be BlogClan addicted. I am too.

Ahem, cutting to the chase scene: Those bullies really need to stop. Like, really. It hurts me to see you so upset, and these bullies you speak of are just… ugh. Wavepaw especially. BlogClan is always here for you, Bright, I want you to know that you can tell me about Wavepaw all you want. All you want, and I will listen. Please, stay safe. I wish the best for you.

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 28, 2020 at 8:19 pm

I’m really sorry 🙁 Remember you can talk to anyone here <3 I know the news right now is scary, I live in the States too. But remember, with all the bad stuff there's good to go with it. And as for Wavepaw, I was in a situation similar to that and I'd talk to your mom about it or another adult you trust. I did and it got a lot better, trust me. *hugs*

卄乇ㄚ

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Well first off, don’t listen to anyone who tells you anything you do looks horrible. I’m sure your art looks amazing. I’ve had friends like that and I recently just got fed up with one because he kept bullying me because I don’t have minecraft. I am also really shy in real life and I don’t like people. Second of all, if you’re not making it up then your parents should believe you. There’s also nothing wrong with wanting a bit of pity. We’re here for you ❤ *hugs*

im b0red

9. June 27, 2020 at 4:10 pm

Peanut may be getting worse. He is not drinking anymore! And the vets are closed until Monday.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• Briarpaw
      June 27, 2020 at 5:05 pm

Oh no, I hope he gets better 🙁 If he’s not drinking, then I’d feed him wet food until he can go to the vet, since there’s water in it

hugs to both you and Peanut <3

• June 27, 2020 at 5:08 pm

*huggles* He’ll be okay❤️

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 28, 2020 at 12:30 am

Oh no!! Do you have an emergency vet where you live? I didn’t know they existed until my cat got diabetes but there are often vets that operate 24/7. It might be a good idea to call a hotline to talk to a professional about what they recommend. I wish you luck and I hope Peanut gets better soon <3

Rereading: Sunrise

• June 28, 2020 at 1:13 am

NOOOOO I really hope he gets better!

That man is playing Galaga!

• June 29, 2020 at 4:20 pm

I hope he gets better

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 5:38 pm

Oh no! I hope he gets better! *huggy*

im b0red

10. ʟᴇᴀғɪᴇ/ʟᴇᴀғsᴋʏ
    June 27, 2020 at 5:01 pm

So basically there’s this girl on Pinterest. If I had to guess, I think she’s around 10 years old. She starts spamming me everyday saying I’m a fan, and literally is stalking me and commenting on every single post that I have. It’s really confusing how she acts like this, and I don’t really know how to deal with it. She spams me stuff like “OMG I’m your biggest fan!!” and “Can I have a shoutout?!” Of course, at first I was a bit taken aback, and it also made me a bit happy that someone liked my content that much. But this has been going on for a week, and I’m anxious. She contstantly presses me to respond, and gets angry when I don’t. When I don’t respond, she says, “Why don’t you appreciate your fans? You’re a horrible person,” and that immediately gets me to respond. I absolutely hate her stalkerish behavior, because it’s stressing me out a lot.

Even though I blocked her on her main account, she literally takes it to a whole new level. She makes a new account and starts hating on me and messaging me on that account and starts swearing at me when I don’t respond. She is making me feel uncomfortable, and I even told my friends about it (Pinterest friends). They kept telling me to block her and report her, but they don’t understand she’s absolutely relentless. She seems to want everything her way. At first I thought she didn’t know that she was stalking me and was only doing it out of excitement, but she’s doing it on purpose. If I had to guess, I think her parents don’t even know that she has Pinterest. I don’t know if she’s just trolling me, and specifically me, but so far I don’t know. Anyways, I contacted Pinterest and her main account was deleted, but her other alt accounts are still there. One of my friends tried to talk to her and she played victim and was really nice. When I sent my friends photo evidence they did the same and messaged her, but she still played victim and was really nice, though I knew it was fake. I really am done with her…

• June 27, 2020 at 6:55 pm

Since you asked them to delete her account it seems like you have it under control but if she comes back and keeps on doing it , ignore her and maybe tell to stop. *hugs* I’m really sorry I hope you will find a solution soon.

Join the rebels!

• Lavenderbreeze
      June 28, 2020 at 12:37 am

Urgh that’s terrible, I’m so sorry you’re going through this. I’d suggest telling her that if she doesn’t stop you will report her to the police who can track her no matter what account she has. Now to be clear this is a bluff, the police can’t and won’t track her IP address for this. But if she’s actually a kid this will scare her out of continuing to harass you. I used this strategy a lot when I trolls on my discord server. Often these people are cowards and will back off with a show of force. The fact that’s it’s escalated this much is why I suggest you use this bluff if you are comfortable doing so. Cyberbullying is a crime so you can look up some stuff on that and send her some info on it if she bugs you again. I’m betting at her age this will get her attention and hopefully stop the cycle. If even this can not help, I would be glad to help you figure out some other ways to stop this harassment. I am not an expert but I am adult with the time and resources to do everything in my power to help you. You do not deserve to be treated like this, stay strong <3

Rereading: Sunrise

• Stormlight
      June 28, 2020 at 12:57 am

I’m really sorry that happened. You shouldn’t feel obligated to respond right away, and if she was really your “biggest fan” she would understand that. If you want to tell her to stop, I would suggest reminding her that you can’t reply to EVERY comment right away, or saying, that you appreciate that she likes your posts, but when she starts hating on you, it makes you feel like she’s not a true fan. Otherwise, I would say keep ignoring her, and blocking her if needed. You don’t have to talk to someone who makes you feel uncomfortable. I don’t have Pinterest so I don’t know exactly how it works, but I think most social media sites require you to be at least 13 to have an account, so you could report her account for being too young to use the site.

be the light inside a storm

• June 28, 2020 at 4:15 am

I’m so sorry Leafsky💚
      Maybe try and find all her accounts and report all of them? Try and ignore them and tell them to stop. Eventually they’ll lose the thrill of being a bully to you and move on if you don’t feed the fire.
      *huggles*

• June 28, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Maybe tell her how you feel about her stalking you, about how it’s stressing you out. other than that, I don’t really know what to say, I’m sorry 🙁

卄乇ㄚ

• June 29, 2020 at 4:27 pm

Just ignore her and don’t pay attention to her comments. If she keeps doing it, report her other accounts as well. I’m sorry this happening to you

EDIT: sorry my advice looks like it’s just a repeat 😛

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 5:42 pm

ugh I hate people like that. That hasn’t happened to me but I know people like that. hopefully she gets bored stops maybe?

im b0red

11. Leafpaw/growl
    June 29, 2020 at 6:26 am

This is very stupid compared to every other comment posted on here, so feel free to skip.
    My mental health is crumbling and I feel so stressed and nervous. My dad said that I can only keep part of my most cherished items because I have to much. Most of you won’t get this at all but, I feel like the plushes and animal figures I own have souls and it feels so bad to even think of giving them away. My mom keeps trying to guilt trip me into it by saying there are kids with no belongings at all. I feel so bad but I can’t let me memories and cherished items get taken away from me. I only keep the things that bring me joy. And my mom and dad don’t do this to my brother who has way more toys and electronics then me! My dad barely knows anything about me and always gives my brother credit for the great things I do. And he always complains I don’t do anything with him when he scares me and he barely knows what I like or do! I already have to give my whole summer to a math system I won’t finish and I will learn in 7th grade if I get there. Apparently I have to do this impossible math course all summer or I will get sent two grades down. I haven’t shared this with anyone and I already feel stupid sharing it. I always feel different from everyone around me: when I write I position my hand differently, I read and I like animals I don’t have TikTok and I don’t like it, I’m not as outgoing as everyone at my school. It takes me stressed and I try to be more like them which makes me more awkward. I’m breaking down and starting to get upset at every little thing. I am never taken seriously or listened to. Example: My cousin, Heathershade, works at a club and a employee had been accused of cutting the wires of the TV there. I offered to help. Heathershade completely ignored me. I have tons of ‘childish’ ideas that no one every listens to. Like an idea to make this kind of mix between a safari park and a zoo. I told my mom, she acknowledged it then it passed through her head and out the window. This feels all over the place and not as organized as all of the other comments. My brother, Loudpaw, is starting to break down more often and I found out he breaks down the more he plays with electronics, I told my parents, it went in one ear and out the other. A week later after constantly telling them this my dad makes a shocking discovery: Loudpaw calms down when he does more things that don’t involve electronics. Very shocking. I yelled to myself for an hour before I decided to do something else. The pressure is building and my de-stressing techniques won’t work anymore. I don’t know I need advice or I just needed to vent. Complaint over.

• June 29, 2020 at 4:32 pm

I’m sorry Leafpaw 🙁 . And by the way, this comment is not stupid; you matter! Perhaps you can try speaking with your parents? Get them alone and when they’re not busy, and sit down with them. I know that can be scary, but it will take a lot of stress away. Your parents love you, and they want what’s best for you, even if sometimes it doesn’t seem that way. And you don’t have be the same as everyone around you. You are awesome, and if you were like everyone else, you wouldn’t be you!

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

• ʟᴇᴀғɪᴇ/ʟᴇᴀғsᴋʏ
      June 29, 2020 at 4:57 pm

Aww, Leaf… maybe you should have a talk with your parents and your brother, and try to work everything out. I know you may feel ignored, but just let everyone know that you have a voice and shouldn’t ignore you. I’m sorry, but this is all I can think of for advice. *Hugs* <3

• June 29, 2020 at 5:08 pm

I’m sorry Leafpaw💜
      You’re not strange for feeling that way with your plushie/stuffed animals! I feel the same way! I have great memories with them and I love all of them. I can relate to you a lot with some of the stuff you’re into or don’t like!
      When I was little, I would not hold my pencil correctly or how I’m supposed to, and eventually, my parents just let me hold it like how it was comfortable for me.

There’s a lot of people who feel the same way about things as you do(I don’t care for TikTok either). I’m sorry your family is treating you like this❤️ Is there a trusted adult or uncle or aunt you can talk to about this?
      *huggles*

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 5:52 pm

This comment is not stupid! I feel like that all the time. Except with my grade it isn’t TikTock. it’s minecraft. Everyone is telling me to get it and one “friend” is bullying me because I don’t want it. Maybe you can try catching your parents at a time that they’re not busy and telling them how you feel? I also have to do math every day all summer but you can do it! Do you get weekends off? *hugs*

im b0red

12. 🏳️‍🌈 Moons 🏳️‍🌈
    June 29, 2020 at 4:07 pm

welp this is long
    so i have 2 guinea pigs, Pepe and Patches. around the beginning of last month i found Pepe walking with a head tilt one night and showed him to my mom. we put him in a separate cage from Patches so we could watch his food and water intake, and the next day my dad took him to the vet and he got some meds. he took them everyday for about 2 weeks and he seemed to get much better. he didn’t even seem sick when he had the head tilt, just a little off balanced.
    anyway he eventually ran out of meds, seemed better, and we thought the whole thing was over.
    but then the other night i found him back the way he was before, only this time with the head tilt much more noticeable, and one of his eyes running. i showed him to my mom again, and she called the vet and we got more meds. he’s taking them now, but they don’t seem to be helping much. i think he looks a little bit better after taking them but that could honestly just be my imagination. now his head is tilted, his eye runs, and he squeals whenever i pick him up or sometimes just randomly, which makes me think he’s in pain as he’s never been a loud squeaker. he doesn’t seem to have any energy and mostly just lays around, and just now when i went to check on him he’s sitting in a ball with his fur fluffed up heavy breathing, and just seems really uncomfortable. he also isn’t grooming himself, probably because he would have to stand up and he’s so off balanced at this point he has trouble just walking.
    the good news is he eats and seems to drink, i think i’m going to ask my mom when she gets up if we should separate him from Patches again so we can check his behavior better. idk what to do. i wanted to take him to the vet again, but my mom said there wasn’t anything they could do except give him meds and that’s probably true. i’m scared he’s going to die. have any of you had any similar experiences??? and did they work out? and how?
    okay i’m done

Clo4SW

• June 29, 2020 at 4:34 pm

I’m sorry Moons *hugs* . I don’t have any advice, but I hope he gets better.

“I am no Jedi” -Ahsoka Tano

• 🏳️‍🌈 Moons 🏳️‍🌈
        June 29, 2020 at 6:48 pm

thanks bro <3

Clo4SW

• ʟᴇᴀғɪᴇ/ʟᴇᴀғsᴋʏ
      June 29, 2020 at 4:59 pm

This never happened to me, and I don’t have advice, and I’m so sorry for that. But I wish you the best of luck with Pepe and I really hope he lives through this. *Hugs* <3

• 🏳️‍🌈 Moons 🏳️‍🌈
        June 29, 2020 at 6:49 pm

Clo4SW

• June 29, 2020 at 5:12 pm

*huggles* I haven’t had a situation like this before, but maybe try and see what this could be? If you know what he is experiencing, then maybe it can help you get more control in the situation. Tell your mom again to move cages, I think that will help!
      I don’t know if I have any more advice, but I hope he feels better🧡

• 🏳️‍🌈 Moons 🏳️‍🌈
        June 29, 2020 at 6:48 pm

Clo4SW

• Shivy
      June 29, 2020 at 6:06 pm

I’ve had Guinea pigs all my life, so I know how scary it is when they’re ill :((((
      I’m defo not an expert , but has the vet said anything to you about the possibility of fluid in his ears, or an ear infection? I’m thinking the loss of balance and head tilt could hint to something like that as the ears control balance. (my dog had similar symptoms, she had an ear infection and she’s ok now).
      also, how old is he??? Guinea pigs definitely get less energetic and often sit in one place for long periods when they’re old. I have to clean my old Guinea pig now because he can’t really do it himself 🙁
      I really hope Pepe gets better!!!! I know how horrible it is when they’re sick 🙁 <3 <3

• 🏳️‍🌈 Moons 🏳️‍🌈
        June 29, 2020 at 6:47 pm

ear infection was a possibility, along with a stroke or brain tumor. :c seems like the meds would clear it up if it was an infection? they did seem to help when this first started tho
        he’s about 4 years old now? i got him when i was 10 and i’m 14 now, but Patches is the same age, and he seems pretty energetic and honestly just overall more healthy then poor Pepe :[
        thanks <3

Clo4SW

• June 29, 2020 at 8:05 pm

Hmm… maybe first he had an infection, and it turned into something completely different. I really don’t know. Let’s just cross out something that it can’t be.

See, wet-tail disease isn’t really what you’re describing. Yes, Grizzly (my former hamster, Rest In Peace…) had a serious lack of energy and wasn’t grooming herself, but she also didn’t eat or drink, and she had this mucky stuff around her tail, plus she had the runs. Unfortunately we couldn’t take her to the vet, and she… she died. (My heart is hurting right now…)

Wet-tail is very deadly. Luckily, I doubt your guinea pig has it. I just hope that it’s something less deadly.

That man is playing Galaga!

• shivy
          June 30, 2020 at 1:46 am

oh dear I’m sorry 🙁
          maybe you should make like a diary of his symptoms each day so you know what’s happening and if it’s getting worse etc?? also with the fluffing up, eyes streaming and heavy breathing, I had a guinea who had that and he had an upper respiratory infection,,did the vet say anything about that?? (it’s fairly common and easily treated, my guinea Billy recovered from it and lived until 7)
          I really hope he gets better and let us know how he’s doing!! <3 <3

• Pinestripe
      June 29, 2020 at 11:38 pm

Oh, no! I hope he feels better soon! <333
      *Hugs for both you and Pepe*

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 5:57 pm

aw you sound like you care about Pepe alot! I really hope he’ll be ok. I had a similar experience with my hamster Nibbles, who was very old. he passed away a few days later because my parents said we couldn’t take him to the vet since last it cost a TON. But if he’s pretty young I don’t think you should worry too much since you’re getting him treated. *hugs*

im b0red

13. June 29, 2020 at 4:26 pm

Ehhh my face is a mess right now :[
    I’ve always been really really bad at not picking at stuff, like mosquito bites, acne, any type of scab, but it gets worse when I’m bored and/or stressed, which quarantine is not helping. My parents have also started making me wear band-aids on my index fingers which does help a little, but I do it with the other fingers as well and wearing band-aids all day is uncomfortable and I can’t really type with them on so I keep taking them off and then they don’t help. Sometimes I’ll go through little periods of time where I don’t mess with my face too much, and it always makes me feel happy because I actually think my face is kind of nice looking but the scabs are ugly and the more I have the worse I feel about myself, which makes me more stressed and unhappy, which makes me pick at the scabs more. It’s not really something I can choose to stop doing, because most of the time I don’t realize I’m doing it until my parents tell me to stop. Also, for some reason the whole wearing band-aids thing makes me really uneasy because I feel like someone’s going to notice and ask. And another thing my mom looked it up and she thinks I might have Excoriation Disorder (which according to google is a mental illness related to ocd ), which I’m really hesitant about self diagnosis but all of the symptoms match but I don’t want them too. I dunno why, but I hate the idea of having a label for my behavior. If it’s just ‘flame can’t stop picking open her face’ it seems more like something i can just choose to stop even though i can’t, but saying ‘flame might have Excoriation Disorder’ makes me feel way more uncomfortable and upset about it.
    Cookies if you made it through all of that :[

Extraterrestrial Earthworm

• June 29, 2020 at 5:23 pm

I know it’s scary(or uncomfortable) to have a diagnosis, but knowing that you have that can actually help you in a way.
      Knowing that you have something that a lot of other people have can help you solve it or help decrease it.
      If you look up, ways to help Excoriation Disorder, I’m sure there’s plenty of things that you can do to help stop it.

Just like there’s plenty of things to help depression, anxiety, etc..
      Maybe try to do the old fashioned trick of putting a rubber band on your finger and snapping it every time you pick?😄 If it’s from stress, maybe try doing things to help keep the stress down. We may do things to our bodies like picking scabs and biting nails because of stress.

Try to look at the good on having a ‘diagnosis’. It’s just something you share with others and you have ways to help it. You’re not alone with it! 💓
      *huggles* Hope you feel better!

• June 29, 2020 at 5:30 pm

Maybe try wearing gloves? You can type with them and still avoid scratching the scabs, *hugs*

卄乇ㄚ

• June 29, 2020 at 5:46 pm

It would probably work, but gloves in the summer would look and feel weird, and I really don’t like the idea of people noticing it :[ thanks for the advice though, maybe I’ll try that once winter rolls around.

Extraterrestrial Earthworm

• June 30, 2020 at 2:44 am

But, were in Covid who would see you and for your family you could say you were wearing them because you don’t want to pick your scabs, they would understand. Also, if your worried about like going on a walk through your neiborhood with gloves and some one questions you you could say “My parents don’t like it when I walk around without gloves because of touching something and bringing back Corona/germs.” Oh but do you mean winter gloves, I was thinking plastic gloves because your family would probably have some for cooking, going out, or like going someplace.

• July 1, 2020 at 7:21 pm

You could try wearing those yellow dish-washing rubber gloves, or even better, those transparent disposable gloves!

I feel a similar way, as I sometimes pick at and bite the skin around my nails, sometimes causing it to bleed.

Having a diagnosis doesn’t mean there’s anything wrong with you, but having one might make it easier to put a name to the behaviour and get help and advice relating to the condition. That’s what happened to me when I was diagnosed with Autism, and I like having an understanding of what I do and why I have it.

Doing whatever a particle can.

• June 29, 2020 at 6:33 pm

Flame, I’m so sorry you’re going through this!! My Mom used to do something kind of like this, but she just picked her thumb a lot. She put band-aids, that helped, but she also bought a fidget. They were two rings stuck together, and you could just fidget around with them. It really helped!! I think you should try getting a fidget, see if you’re more comfortable with that than wearing band-aids. Instead of assigning yourself with Excoriation Disorder, maybe come up with a fake one, so if your parents really think that you have this, you can just say you have fcspohf (flame can’t stop picking her face) or whatever, but I think the fidget will probably work!!! I hope that you feel better.
      *hugs*

Aaron Burr, Sir

• Birchfoot
      June 29, 2020 at 9:02 pm

I’ve dealt with picking for years and I understand the frustration. First things first i’m gonna echo what crookedmoon said: get yourself a fidget toy if you can. I have a plastic one that i can tangle around my fingers, as well as different hair ties that I can play with instead of trying to pick at my fingers. Stress balls can also help 🙂

Additionally, when I pick I tend to unfocus from the world around me and just start relying on muscle memory if that makes sense, so it can be really hard to stop once you start. some of the best advice i’ve ever gotten was that as soon as I feel myself wanting to pick (maybe i’m looking in the mirror, or i have a hangnail or anything else) is to do some sort of grounding exercise and/or sit on my hands. Try to remain focused and grounded in your situation, so you don’t slip into habitual picking.

For stuff like acne, there are small round bandaids you can put on your face that are just large enough to cover any sort of acne or scabs. yes, they’re kind of an eyesore, but they do provide a barrier. Also, sit on your hands or put them on your knees with your fingers spread out. And don’t do something passive like watching TV without any sort of fidget or outlet (I like to draw while watching tv personally). Also, don’t spend tons of time looking in the mirror! And for me, seeing the whites of my nails grow can make me want to pick, so I’ve been painting them more often as a way of masking how long they’ve grown so I dont feel compelled to pick

And yes, you’re right: skin picking is sometimes associated with ocd as it’s a repetitive action that is carried out, and personally I find my picking gets a lot worse when i’m anxious or i let my mind wander. If you feel the same, or if you feel that your picking is interfering with your regular life, i’d recommend talking to your family/general doctor and seeing if you could get a therapist for it 🙂

Most importantly, don’t beat yourself up if you mess up. This is a really, really tough habit to break, and I’m proud of every step you take to stop <3

• June 30, 2020 at 3:36 pm

I’m sorry. You can forget about the label. I’d hate that too. It’s kind of depressing, you know? It makes you feel like it’s something you can’t shake. But if it’s just like ‘Flame can’t stop picking her face’ that is something you can shake. 😛 So I’d think of it that way.
      edit: I just read Blossom’s comment, and she also has a good point!

I’m sorry about that, it’s hard in quarantine for a lot of us. I don’t have a bunch of advice, so I hope what the others said helps. <3 *hugs*

SrizelFTW

• Ivykit
      July 2, 2020 at 6:00 pm

Same with me so I don’t really have advice. Last night I actually picked a pimple so much it started to bleed.

im b0red