The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

34,847 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. Lavenderfox
    July 29, 2020 at 8:34 pm

Hello to everyone! I just wanted to say this: You guys are amazing! Everyone here is so nice and supportive! Sometimes I want to hug everyone in BlogClan :). You are amazing 😊.

• July 29, 2020 at 10:24 pm

Aww thanks lavenderkit, you are so amazing and the blog wouldn’t be the same without you!💜

Bri ❤🌞

• July 29, 2020 at 10:32 pm

Thanks! You’re also really supportive! *hugs!*

Click my name!

• Raining
      July 29, 2020 at 10:43 pm

Awww thank you 🥰! Remember you are awesome too Lavender!

• July 29, 2020 at 11:43 pm

Thanks, Lavender!! Remember, you’re amazing too.

*insert disco music*

• July 30, 2020 at 8:48 am

aww, thank you <3 Same to you! 😀

卄乇ㄚ

2. July 29, 2020 at 9:08 pm

Just want to rant a bit again :[

1.) My school is going all online, which is probably for the best but that doesn’t mean i have to like it. Hopefully they’ll magically summon a perfect virtual classroom between now and September, but I doubt it since the teachers found out only yesterday that they’d be online along with the rest of everybody on the school district, so it’s probably not going to be great. it had better be better than what they did last spring, because that was terrible and I despised every minute of it. If it’ like what we did before I don’t know what I’m going to do because I need structure and challenges, not the lose scheduled pass/fail stuff they did earlier because I had no motivation and like I said, despised it. Also, I was really looking forwards to taking microbiology and biotechnology and I don’t know how that’s going to work online because it was supposed to be a lab based class. And, finally, I was really hoping we would be going back to school in the fall because it gave me something to look forwards to. Sure, it would probably involve mask wearing and social distancing, but I just want to it in a classroom again and have something remotely normal to do :[ now I get to set my hopes on 2021 and hope I actually get to have a junior year since it seems like sophomore year’s probably going to be trash.

2.) With my school going online that means it’s going to be ages until i see my friends as a group again. I have heard from almost none of since this all started, with the exception of one fairly inactive google hangout I have with basil chicken and spiritleaf, and also a very very dead text conversation with another friend. I’m terrible at maintaining 1 on 1 not in person conversations (they generally tend to go: me:hi friend: hi *silence*) in general, although with most of my friends I’m hesitant to reach out because A.) I feel awkward about starting a conversation after having not tried to reach out for three months or whatever and B.) it’s been three months and none of them have tried to reach out to me so they can’t hardly be dying to talk to me. I really wish there was some sort of group chat since i’m better at those, but the email chat died awhile ago when half the group got asked to be taken off of it and there was a text chat that I was never on (my flip phone only kind of does group chats) and that died as well. I also just keep worrying if they’ve started another chat without me or if everyone’s mad that I haven’t talked to them and I just don’t know how to maintain conversations :[ my mom wants me to reach out to people but at most all I’ve gotten is an awkward conversation about covid that quickly died. It’s ridiculous that these are my friends and yet I’m too awkward to reach out to them and they haven’t reached out to me and I can’t even maintain a conversation with my best friend.
    Last and least, my friends wanted to have a joint sweet sixteen party this year but that’s not happening now and it’s getting closeish to my birthday and I’m not going to be able to have anything remotely near to a party since I’m hardly even communicating with my friends.
    In conclusion, i just want to go back to school :[

mouse dung new page 😐

🔥 💛 🌛🌛

• July 29, 2020 at 10:29 pm

I think you should reach out to them! After saying “hi” you could say…. “How are you!” ” doesn’t covid suck? ” “have you done the new assignment yet?”

Bri ❤🌞

• July 29, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Aw that’s horrible. I’m going to be homeschooled again now after 2 years of normal school. *hugs*

Click my name!

• July 30, 2020 at 8:56 am

I’m sorry, Flame 🙁 Online school is the worst. (I mean, it should happen due to the circumstances but it sucks.) *hugs*

卄乇ㄚ

• July 31, 2020 at 4:31 am

If it is like how it was in the spring, is there any way you could set up your own “schedule/structure” for you to follow each day? That way you get your structure but are still safe at home? Just plan when and how you will do your classes each day.

Have you ever thought your friends might be thinking the same way you are? “Will she want to hear from me after all this long time?” “How will I keep the conversation going?” “She hasn’t reached out, she probably doesn’t want to talk to me…” Just reach out, ask them how they’re doing, ask them their opinions on school, if they’d done anything interesting during quarantine. If it’s through text, you have time to think about what you want to talk about!

#ThankYouWoojin

• July 31, 2020 at 6:29 am

Oof that sucks :(, I think it’s the same for me sadly. It would be my last year, but it’s all online. I’m so sorry 🙁 *huggles!!!*

🧁Click my name for a contest!🍩

• July 31, 2020 at 3:15 pm

I’m kind of going through the same thing. My mom really wants to develop my social skills, but doesn’t want me being overwhelmed and with a group of people who aren’t my friends. I’d say maybe open up to your parents about what’s going on in your life, and I know you may not be ready, but get a new phone? That way you can keep in touch with your friends. And maybe that’s why they didn’t reach out to you, because texting on a flip phone can be quite troublesome (I had one, I know how it feels 😛 ). In fact, it may make your friends’ days! And maybe you can make up your party later, or do something very special with your family!

Try me, Beyoncé.

3. Midnight
    July 30, 2020 at 1:06 am

I am so scaried for my cat, Whitefoot. He’s not eating very well and my sister and I have no idea what’s wrong with him. We believed that he’s having trouble eating because we need to change his food diet. The main issue with that is that we don’t have any money to get new cat food. I’ve tried three different cat foods. One is for the inside cats and other two are for the outside cats, but all three are different foods. I’ve tried mixing with different foods, but that doesn’t help. I don’t want him to die not yet. I’ve been crying most nights because I believe that he’s not going to make it. His stomach is almost thin and you can kind of feel his ribcage. I don’t know what else to do. This happened almost at the end or middle of July.

• July 30, 2020 at 8:53 am

I hope he gets better! How old is he? I say you should probably take him to the vet or maybe animal emergency care. And I found a website which may be able to help. https://www.vets-now.com/pet-care-advice/my-cat-wont-eat/#:~:text=The%20list%20of%20potential%20causes,your%20cat%20refusing%20to%20eat. Hugs for you and Whitefoot <3

卄乇ㄚ

• July 30, 2020 at 11:30 am

Apparently warming up the food in the microwave helps try that

I’m sorry Midnight *hugs lots*

Whovians click my name!

• Midnight
        July 30, 2020 at 3:53 pm

Thanks Redblaze for your support. I’ll give it a try.

• July 30, 2020 at 6:58 pm

I’m really sorry he’s not feeling well! You should probably take him to the vet. I hope he gets better! *hugs you and Whitefoot*

Click my name!

• Midnight
        July 31, 2020 at 6:38 pm

I don’t know if any vets are opened today. Also, we don’t have any money to take him to the vet. My mother is completely broke. I believe that she has only a couple of dollars left that is probably lower than $10.

• July 31, 2020 at 6:31 am

Oh no… poor Whitefoot! I hope that Whitefoot will be okay!! *hugs x a million* I’m sorry I don’t have much advise, I don’t have a pet myself. I hope your cat will be alright!

🧁Click my name for a contest!🍩

• Midnight
        July 31, 2020 at 6:39 pm

Whitefoot managed to eat yesterday, but he only took baby bites. The food that we gave him his wet cat food that is only meant for the senior cats which Whitefoot is only 5 years old and ready to turn 6 soon.

• Heatherpaw
      July 31, 2020 at 6:10 pm

I’m really sorry! I don’t know so much about pets, but maybe you should take him to the vet (I see that lot of people are suggesting the same). I hope he gets better! ❤️

Mᴀʏ SᴛᴀʀCʟᴀɴ Lɪɢʜᴛ Yᴏᴜʀ Pᴀᴛʜ✨

4. July 30, 2020 at 1:43 am

Lately I keep feeling like i am suffocating, what do i do?

𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮!

• August 1, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Try not to panic, maybe call a doctor or talk to your parents?❤

Bri ❤🌞

5. July 30, 2020 at 4:48 am

i feel really bad rn and for today :C
    so a few days ago i suggested a new website for posting images (art) instead of imgur and i think the mods said that you cant use it anymore because its not safe or something? and i feel so bad why did i do thatttt how dare i >:[

open a window you're too hot

• ❄️🐍 Viper That Is NOT On Craiglist >:C (Viperfrostpaw) 🐍❄️
      July 30, 2020 at 11:07 am

honestly that’s a mistake we all make at one point or another <3 and when we say something's not allowed anymore, it doesn't reflect on you :3 you couldn't have known!

love ya, blackie!

🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

bow to "earthling" overlords

• falling feather
      July 30, 2020 at 4:32 pm

I’m not a mod but mistakes are how you learn and now BlogClan is better website 😄

Щの𝔴! ᶠยŇ! ςᗝ𝕠𝓛!

• July 30, 2020 at 6:04 pm

don’t feel bad about it! you didn’t know that it’s not a good website or something!

Click my name!

• July 31, 2020 at 4:35 am

Oh, no. I feel bad because I was the one that reported it. 🙁

I’m sorry. <3 I'm 900% sure you had no clue. No one really knew. I just happened to be the person who got unlucky enough to see it and be able to report it. Think of it this way. You suggested something, it turned out bad, but we found out quick, and now it won't happen again. Basically, you saved everyone real quick from chaos in the future. 😉 Idk it's a twisted and awkward way of looking at it. 😛

#ThankYouWoojin

• July 31, 2020 at 9:48 pm

You would of had no idea about that website! In fact, I think it is better that we know now not to use that website than have it cause huge problems in the future!❤

Bri ❤🌞

6. Shadowcloud (Clo) (Kaz) (Weirdo)
    July 30, 2020 at 6:39 pm

I just need prayers, things at home are getting really tough.

Moons4SW

7. July 31, 2020 at 2:46 am

When you are saying goodnight to your mom and notice there was a funny joke on TV so your mom invites you to watch it for a few minutes but you realize its news and it’s on a topic that makes you feel very uncomfortable, so you ask to go upstairs but your mom forces you to watch the news because you need to “educate yourself” “and you’re old enough for this anyways”

Just because I am almost 16 doesn’t mean that I can magically handle everything without feeling uncomfortable.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• July 31, 2020 at 4:37 am

I’m sorry Brambleheart, maybe talk to her about how that makes you uncomfortable? *huggles*❤️

• July 31, 2020 at 6:33 am

Oof. I personally can’t relate (I’m ten so yeah). I don’t really know what to say, maybe trying to tell your mom that it doesn’t make you feel comfortable?

🧁Click my name for a contest!🍩

• July 31, 2020 at 12:47 pm

I’m sowwy. You should tell her that *huggy*

Click my name!

• Brightpaw who got weirdly signed out
      July 31, 2020 at 6:47 pm

I’m sorry, I really think you should talk to your mom about your feelings!❤

8. July 31, 2020 at 3:12 am

One of my fish died and I’m really sad. Somehow it jumped out of the water in the night and no one saw it until morning when it was too late. 🙁
    I need hugs.

be the light inside a storm

9. Wolfdawn
    July 31, 2020 at 10:15 am

I don’t know how many people on Blogclan write on wattpad, but just incase I decided to tell you guys how there are a bunch of scams going on, messaging you about publishing your book with exclusive contracts on different sites. I’ve looked into the whole thing and many other writers are getting the same stuff, without their stories being read or anything like that. Plus, even though I wouldn’t have signed anyways, wether it was the real thing or a scam the whole thing was sketchy. The account had a random name, it didn’t tell you your stories name, my story wasn’t even finished and the account was less then a day old. If this happened with you as well block and report the accounts!! Please stay safe online, and don’t take contracts without reading everything and looking after the people giving it to you.

10. July 31, 2020 at 6:15 pm

I think my parents are going to divorce. My mum is talking about it, and they’ve never had a fight this huge before. Im getting worried and I don’t want it to happen.

Click my name!

• July 31, 2020 at 8:06 pm

oh no! I haven’t been through a divorce, but my brothers have. (Its complicated.)
      Was the fight over something petty, or something, idk, worthwhile? (idk the word sry) My parents have gotten into an argument that was really bad, but they eventually got over it in a day or 2. Maybe try talking to your mom about it, a friend thats had the same happen(they’d have better advice) or another trusted adult. The only other thing I can say is that for your sake, i hope they dont divorce.

˜Lark/Larkie - WATCH BNHA!

• July 31, 2020 at 9:27 pm

I hope they don’t!!!! It sounds horrible. *huggys you 100,000,000 times*

Click my name!

• July 31, 2020 at 10:31 pm

I don’t know what to do, but just because your parents fight, doesn’t mean there will absolutely be a divorce. Maybe talk to your mom or dad about worries? (and try to do it privately with one of them)

Try me, Beyoncé.

• August 1, 2020 at 1:07 pm

I’m sorry. It depends but maybe they could get over it in a couple of days. In the heat of the fight they may of just blurted it out.

Bri ❤🌞

11. Lavenderfox who is scared
    July 31, 2020 at 6:26 pm

I need hugs! I know this sounds stupid but just after watching a pmv on warriors, in an article on here I had a random panic attack. It was the worst I ever had. I have seen the pmv before and it never happened. At first it felt like I was going to black out, and when I sat down that went away but everything sounded muffled. Very soon after (this like just happened a few seconds ago although it might be published later in the day) I felt like I was going to throw up so I was standing over the toilet but I didn’t. It has stopped now, but I am shaken up and sort of scared that it will happen again. My mom helped me, she told me that this had happened to her also. I just am scared right now, during the panic attack I was in the worst pain I have ever been in.

12. July 31, 2020 at 7:59 pm

My friend and I are in this LOOONG running debate about whether this boy at school likes me or not. I personally think no, he does not, but my friend says otherwise. I asked her for three good reasons and this is what she came up with. tell me what you think, cause idk.

1. he would choose to sit by me instead of his friends
    2. hed do stupid things to get my attention
    3. He would make jokes and the look at ME to make sure i was laughing and if i wasn’t he said another joke

idk if this belongs on the HugPage or Tavern, but I’ll put it here. It doesn’t make me upset or anything, I just dont know anymore. But with these reasons, you’ll also probably think he likes me. (while i dont think he likes me, i DO/DID(idk) like him, but im not sure cause last time I saw him was, um, March i think, and idk anymore XD)

˜Lark/Larkie - WATCH BNHA!

• Lavenderfox
      July 31, 2020 at 8:06 pm

Hmmm it could be possible he wants to be your friend? I’m friends with plenty of boys, and sometimes they do stuff like that. It is a possibility though he might like you, but I think he might just want to be your friend.

• July 31, 2020 at 9:31 pm

I think he does… (also is it just me or does anyone else see a face when they look at your pfp? I just realized that it wasn’t a face)

Click my name!

• Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
      July 31, 2020 at 10:01 pm

I’m not sure, it does kinda sound like he does. Specifically, reasons 2 and 3. He might not though.

What's updog?

• August 1, 2020 at 1:12 pm

It could just be him trying to be your friend! I think your friend could be right but idk ❤❤❤

Bri ❤🌞

13. Anonymous
    July 31, 2020 at 9:11 pm

Trigger warning for self harm

I’m going anonymous for this because I want to protect my identity and the person who I’m talking about’s identify

I have an internet friend and I think she’s committing self harm. She’s uploaded a few photos on toyhouse (a website where you can store photos of ocs) of her fursona doing it. Yesterday she uploaded a new drawing that really worried me so I messaged her on Instagram asking is she need any thing and that I’m always available if she needs to talk. She completely ignored my message and left me on read. That’s not like her. I really think that something is up with her and I’m super worried. I know her moms name because when I once commissioned her through her moms PayPal. So I’m debating or not I should try and find her mom’s or one of her relatives Instagrams and dm then telling them about my friends self harm. I heavily doubt that her parents know about it. I really don’t know if I should tell her parents because I feel like if she finds out that I told them she would hate me forever but I really care about her and her safety. I really don’t know what to do.

• July 31, 2020 at 11:57 pm

I think you should dm one of them. If you think your friend is committing self harm you should definitely tell someone

Click my name!

• July 31, 2020 at 11:58 pm

If you genuinely think you can find her mom, then try but make sure it is 1,000% her mom.

You have to decide. Would you rather your friend be angry at you forever, but safe. Or in danger but still your friend?

#ThankYouWoojin

• Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
      August 1, 2020 at 12:05 am

I think if you can find her family, you should contact them. If she is hurting herself and she gets mad at you, just know that you did the right thing. And I’m sure she’d thank you in the future.

If she isn’t, she might get annoyed, but just explain that you were concerned. You care about her, and that’s what’s important.

I hope everything is okay!

What's updog?

• August 1, 2020 at 4:32 am

I would tell her mom that she has been acting differently and that you are worried. You could ask her mom not to tell her that you said anything to her… I don’t know but I would definitely tell an adult.

be the light inside a storm

• Birchfoot
      August 1, 2020 at 4:46 am

If you can find her mom’s/family’s contact information, then speak to them ASAP. I know it’s scary and you may feel like you’re betraying her trust, but at this point it is infinitely better for her to be alive, safe, and angry, than to have tried to hurt herself. Her safety is of the utmost importance, even if she is upset briefly that you told her parents about them, so please contact them if you can <3 keeping her safe is the most important thing

• August 1, 2020 at 1:14 pm

Definetly tell them if you feel comfortable with it. If your friend is committing self harm you should tell them. She could do something even worse…❤

Bri ❤🌞