The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630
Crisis Connections Teen Link (anonymous and confidential; USA): 866-833-6546

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

July 31, 2020 11:41 pm

I had a fight-ish thing with my mom today. Not really a fight, but it made me feel uncomfortable.

So I got a sunburn over the weekend with my dad. It was bad, so my mom was concerned, and upset at my dad. Thing is, I was the one who put the sunscreen on, if anything, it’s my fault. But NO. My mom wants to talk to my dad about it. And by talk I mean chewing my dad out for something in MY control. So I feel SUPER guilty for that.

Also my mom is on me again about life skills, since I was doing well at my dad’s but not perfect here. My mom wants me to tell her what my dad is doing differently, and I know exactly why: my dad is more patient, less likely to go ballistic over the tiniest mistake, and makes me, um, not feel like I am walking on eggshells and not like my entire life and his depends on my ability to be impossibly perfect? Easy, I can tell my mom that!

Actually, I CAN’T. These are all things that paint my mom in a negative light, and I don’t feel I can tell her this truth. Last time I tried to tell her was last summer when we were on our way back from a trainwreck trip in Montreal that my mom blamed me for going wrong. Unfortunately, I didn’t know how to tell her, and I had four years of buildup, so I accidentally let my emotions get the best of me and did it all wrong, resulting in my mom blaming me for “almost getting us in a car crash” when a truck swerved by, and spinning that into a reason for her getting mad. In fact, I still feel extremely guilty and almost cry whenever I think of that over a year later.

The reason I told you that was because I feel I can’t tell her how she makes me feel, no matter how open she is, due to my failure because of two things. First, I messed up badly, and I’m scared of doing it again. GENUINELY SCARED. (I think I’ve developed a fear of failure over the past few months/years because of all of this) And Second, that incident was right before I went to see my family over the summer, which helped me get over it a bit, and talk it out with them. I CAN’T DO THAT NOW BECAUSE I AM PROBABLY NOT SEEING THEM FOR MONTHS.

So I’m in a hard situation and I need help.

🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
August 1, 2020 12:14 am

I’m sorry you’re going through this. 🙁

It might help to calmly have a conversation with her. Find a moment when neither of you is upset and no one is busy, and tell her you would like to talk about something.

I understand how you feel about not wanting to say anything that will hurt her feelings, but it’s important for both of you that she understands the problem, and there should be ways you can tell her the truth without making her feel bad. Try to tell her how you feel very calmly. (I have a really hard time having these kinds of conversations without getting emotional, so I know how it feels <3 ) Taking deep breaths before you speak might help not to lash out. Try to be honest without sounding accusing, that way she is less likely to get mad. Maybe something like, "I know you're doing your best, but I think it would help me if you _____. That's what my dad did and I found it to be helpful. Could you please try doing that, too?" That's just an example. You should find the wording that you feel would work best according to the situation.

I hope this helps and that things get better soon <3

Stormlight
Stormlight
August 1, 2020 4:38 am

I agree with Pinestripe, tell her your feelings and say, “if you do this, it might help me” or maybe you could try to call your dad and talk to him if you can. *hugs*

August 1, 2020 12:58 pm

I think you should wait until she is in a good mood, and then calmly try and explain. Don’t force yourself into it and don’t freak out about it! Good luck 💖💖💖

Cinders of A Christmas Fireplace on Frosty Morning ~ Cindy
Cinders of A Christmas Fireplace on Frosty Morning ~ Cindy
July 31, 2020 11:59 pm

I want to express myself.

My first year of middle school is starting in one week; the same day of Stormkit (my little brother)’s birthday. Nightpaw (my older brother) and I are doing online school for two weeks. Stormkit is doing in-person school for the whole semester, and he has REALLY bad anxiety, and I worry about him SO much. I don’t want him to be so sad and scared on his birthday. Drizzlerain (my mom) said we could get his favorite restaurant for lunch. (The first day is a half day.) But, for me and Nightpaw, we don’t know whether we’re going back to school or still online for after the two weeks of online school, and I really don’t want to do in-person school, because I’ve had bad trouble with bullies. (Let’ s just say that my friends and I aren’ t that popular) I just need advice.

Edit: sorry new page

Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
August 1, 2020 7:59 am

Hm, there’s this thing called Kids Helpline in Australia, and you can do a web chat. They do any problems, no matter what it is, I wonder if there is something like that where you live? (America I’m guessing by ‘mom’) If there is I suggest it.

August 1, 2020 1:00 pm

Maybe contact the school about Stormkit’s anxiety? They should help him if they are aware of his condition! 🙂

🍐A Pearfect Pear🍐
🍐A Pearfect Pear🍐
August 1, 2020 11:24 pm

hugs!

Midnight
Midnight
August 3, 2020 2:42 am

Every new grade that you entered starts something new. I’ve been through that a whole lot because I’ve been transferred into three schools. One was elementary school because I was still in elementary school. The other is middle school and it’s new to everybody when they start there. And the other one is starting ninth grade in high school. It’s my final year at the high school. I don’t want to leave school! I don’t want to go to college either.

Brightspark • Brightly Sparkling Christmas Lights
Brightspark • Brightly Sparkling Christmas Lights
August 1, 2020 3:16 am

Alright.
So it’s my last year in the US, and I really wanted to see my friends. Lilykit moved yesterday, and apart from Leopardkit I don’t get to see my friends, especially Tawnykit, because she lives far away. I can’t even chat on remote because my mom’s phone is broken, I don’t have my friends’ phone numbers, and Google Meet and Zoom are glitching. I can see Leopardkit, but only because she’s Japanese and her family is currently holding a yard sale, mostly just Japanese mangas, business and recipe books and all that, and we donated quite a few books • toys • DVDS.
I just saw her today, and she told me that I wouldn’t see her again till two weeks later, which is a long time to wait for a kit the age of me.
In conclusion, COVID-19 ruined my last summer with my friends 🙁

Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
August 1, 2020 7:56 am

Aw, that sucks. COVID-19 ruins everything…
Alot of people can relate. Just when you see your friends, do something really special to celebarte your time in the U.S. 😉 😛

August 1, 2020 1:02 pm

Maybe arrange a socially distanced occasion outdoors to celebrate! Make the last time you see them special!❤

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
August 1, 2020 4:45 pm

I’m sorry that happened! 🙁 Covid’s ruining a lot for the most of us, but some of us find a way to move around/past it. What I’m currently doing, is hanging out at the park, and sitting six feet away from my friend, you could try that with your friends, and you could see if Leopardkit has Lilykit and Tawnykit’s phone numbers, and ask for hers!
*hugs*

❄️Moons waning over frosted spirits•Moonspirit❄️
❄️Moons waning over frosted spirits•Moonspirit❄️
August 1, 2020 4:50 am

so uh
i have a problem with clawing myself.
like, if i’m bored or stressed or just have an itch it will somehow turn into very vigorous clawing that leaves painful scars later. this is…kinda obviously a problem. i’ve thought of wearing mittens but i mean i can’t wear them all the time and i don’t think they would do much more then annoy me. my mom knows i do this and yells at me every time she sees me doing it. she says it’s a “bad habit” and she thinks that getting mad at me is going to help me stop but all it does is stress me out and if anything makes me do it more. i’ve tried telling her that i have this and about 264781468246 other mental problems that i need help with other then just getting mad but she either doesn’t believe me or just won’t listen and i’m so tired.
cookies if you read all that i’m sorry

Shadowcloud|Clo|heh|what|idk|bye
Shadowcloud (Clo)
August 1, 2020 5:34 am

Moons dear
I used to pick my eyebrow hairs as a nervous habit 😛 I looked… So weird…without an eyebrow. Huuuuuggggssss <3 I don't have good advice bc I'm still struggling with this myself 😛

falling feather
falling feather
August 1, 2020 6:44 am

I use clay when I have excess energy or I just tap my fingers really hard 😛
you seriously need sleep Moon, I’m 100% not joking. Get Sleep

Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
Fernkit • Fern that Drifts in the Breeze
August 1, 2020 7:54 am

If you’re allowed, maybe some chewy lollies/similar?

I’m so sorry about your mum. I can’t say much for that… 🙁 I can relate.

I know this didn’t help but I’m with you ^^

August 1, 2020 1:03 pm

I think you should try and let your mom understand, or if not get a doctor or email a teacher! Maybe call a child help line!❤

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
August 1, 2020 4:42 pm

If you ever find yourself starting to claw yourself, maybe find a fidget to play with? Just a tiny object that you can keep your hands occupied. Maybe instead of telling your Mom that what’s she’s doing isn’t working, tell her that, and propose something else, like this fidget that would work more effectively. If she doesn’t believe you in other situations like this, maybe give her an example that would provide some proof to your statement. Maybe you could try meditation to relieve all the stress, or exercise?
*hugs*
<33

Willowstep (Wistep)
Willowstep (Wistep)
August 1, 2020 7:15 pm

aaaa i feel a spiritual connection with what you’re saying like my mom always criticizes me for doing weird things like worrying too much or not talking enough or crying often or fidgeting with my hands/legs or pulling out my hair and whatnot and when i tell her i want help because obviously i… don’t like doing these things 😛 and she’s like “bRUH just get your act together yourself” and i’m like -_-

and yeah there’s some weird rebellion thing going on with me too like she says “sTOP DOING THAT” and i feel the urge to do it more i hate to admit it but i think i’m doing it out of spite but i’m also really tired of her telling me off and not actually helping me solve any of my issues and i’m really not having a fun time swimming in the deep end of my lil pool of anxiety and other nagging sad emotions

ack well i don’t actually know how to help you moons but i think talking about it with someone and venting a little bit (i.e. people on the blog) can help? i’m not too sure, sorry *huggles*

(p.s. maybe wearing nail polish could help with the clawing? i have a similar issue rip)

Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
August 1, 2020 11:39 pm

Wear a rubber band or hair band around your wrist and snap it when you get the urge! I use it to stop from cracking my knuckles and it’s pretty effective. Try not to snap it too hard though.

Flamecloud the Earthling
Flamecloud the Earthling
August 2, 2020 1:07 am

*hugs* Kind of reminds me of my scab picking issue, I’ve been advised to get other things to fidget with and also wearing band aids on my fingers really helps me, I don’t know if that would work for you but they’re a lot less of a hassle than mittens are. I’m sorry your mom’s not being understanding about it, I don’t have quite the same thing but it sounds similar and stuff like this is hard to get rid but I believe in you 🙂 . *more hugs <3*

Birchfoot
Birchfoot
August 2, 2020 2:52 am

fidget toys are a godsend im using one right now^^

but honestly, if this is caused by anxiety or any difficult feelings, it’s probably more helpful to look at the root of what causes you to do these things. What emotions pop up and how do/can you react to them, etc etc. It sounds like, if you can get it, you need to talk to some sort of therapist

Midnight
Midnight
August 3, 2020 2:46 am

When you have a problem like that, your body is only trying to tell you that you need to do something with your hands. I picked my eyelashes, eyebrows, and including my pubic hair. I couldn’t stop because I am so stressed out, but there are many ways of relieving stress. I’m trying to ignore as much as possible, but I believe that it’s completely impossible. If you haven’t realized yet, there is medicine to relieve stress. I have been there so many times. Trust me on this one. Do something with your hands. It will help prevent you from scratching yourself so hard that there would only remain scars.

Lavenderfox
Lavenderfox
August 3, 2020 3:53 am

Oh no! Maybe try using fidgets? I don’t have this problem so I don’t have much advice. I hope you’ll be better *huggssssss*

Mojocloud the Toymaker
Mojocloud the Toymaker
August 3, 2020 2:14 pm

I’m in a similar situation too, but if I had to give some advice, maybe use some sort of sensory/stimming toy like fidget cubes, Tangle or chewy jewellery/chewellry.

To get the stress out, maybe write a diary, draw your feelings, listen to some calming music or do some yoga/tai chi or meditation.

I’m sorry about what you’re experiencing because I know what it’s like to be shouted at for trying to cope with your stress. *virtual hug*<3

Snowbreeze
Snowbreeze
August 4, 2020 10:49 pm

Oh Moons, I’m sorry. You don’t deserve to get mad at – things like this can be outside of control, and it’s nothing to be shamed about. To help with this, like others have said, fidget toys, a rubber band around your wrist, and Band-Aids or nail polish to dull your nails down are all things that can help. Also, talking to a trusted adult/school counsoler/people like that could help too, as well as a phone line. But you know, the question to ask is where this anxiety and urge is coming from. Take some time to think about it, sort through memories. I hope you’ll feel better soon. <333

🍐A Pearfect Pear🍐
Pearpaw
August 1, 2020 10:18 pm

Today my so-called friend got mad at me.
Here is our conversation
Friend:
omigod
R u there
Bc I have something really urgent to tell you
Ok
So
Oh
Nvm wrong chat

Me: who were you trying to message?

Friend: why do u wanna know

Me: just curious you don’t have to tell me

Friend:k then I am totally NOt telling you

Me: ok
Btw
Oh never mind

Friend: lol you are trying to do it to me too, to get me annoyed its not going to work

Me: i was going to say something but then i realized you might get offended.

(At this time, my friend goes totally on the attack)

Friend: ok sure like i believe you
yu have never before worried about whether something is offensive
you always say rude things….and now suddenly you are not going to type something to me because it is “offensive”
🙄

Me: we never even talk to each other, how would you know?

Friend: obviously i was talking about when we used to be friends in real life in school! then, you would always say rude things to me, and lie, and just overall not be a good person. now, asking somebody a simple question is offensive to you? you have changed a lot

Me: I am just going to leave now. I don’t like it when people make up mean things about me, so I am going to ignore you.

Friend: ok, this is stupid, all we ever used to do was argue, and now we are still doing the same thing! i don’t want to have to deal with that kind of stuff in life, (especially with you) so i am just going to delete this conversation. ok?
You are such a lame person.

Cookies if you read that.🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

What should I do?

✨ Cheetahspark ✨
✨ Cheetahspark ✨
August 2, 2020 12:34 am
Reply to  Pearpaw

that person sounds really immature and it was totally uncalled for 🙁 I recommend you distance yourself from them and don’t escalate the situation further <3

Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
Accidentally Shattered Ice (Ttera || Shatteredmask)
August 2, 2020 8:07 am
Reply to  Pearpaw

I can relate to that

It’s horrible when friends turn on you online. It’s like a different side of them comes out of them on phone chats. Just walk away, and I swear he/she’ll come back to you. Good luck, and cookies 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 and hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and hearts ♥️ ♥️ ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

August 2, 2020 12:35 pm
Reply to  Pearpaw

well what they say is NOT true!! you’re a great person! I think you should definitly.. how do I say this. Just stop talking to them. *hugs*

August 2, 2020 8:29 pm
Reply to  Pearpaw

Ok I would just block/ ignore this person. This person is someone that can’t really be reasoned with so just ignore them!❤

Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
August 2, 2020 10:52 pm
Reply to  Pearpaw

Ok one. Even if what that person said was true (which it’s not),
they shouldn’t tell you online or on a text message. That’s means they are a coward and if they had a problem with you, they should have told you right to your face. (Ok, that would be hard cause of the pandemic) and also, (if anyone confronts their friends online, I am NOT calling you a coward. It is just this one person.)
Two.
This person doesn’t sound like a good friend! You should block them and not talk to them. You are amazing and they can’t see that.
*Hugs*

Midnight
Midnight
August 3, 2020 2:50 am
Reply to  Pearpaw

I have an ex-friend who’s way worse than yours. Nobody likes her. Her name will be Ravenchain. She is completely annoying left and right. We have to call her a friend because she doesn’t have any and some people can hardly believe that we are friends with her. We just tell them that we are her ex-friend and don’t tell her that.

Snowbreeze
Snowbreeze
August 4, 2020 10:51 pm
Reply to  Pearpaw

That doesn’t sound good. 🙁 I’d say avoid contacting them from now on. Block them if you must. Your amazing, remember that! *Huggles* <3

August 2, 2020 1:14 pm

So I have a big big big problem. Every time I talk about LGBTQ+ to my friends I get a panic attack. So one of my friends has no idea what it is but knows what lesbian and gay is. The other knows what it is and well she thinks that we should only start thinking about it in highschool if we ever do. I’m going to talk to Starkit(the one who doesn’t know what it is) today about it. Only there’s a problem. we used to use wildcraft as a way to talk to each other about stuff we cant say out loud or text because our parents look through our texts. But Starkit’s IPad runs out of charge extremely quickly and takes like a week to charge. So I can’t even properly talk to her about it. I’m really worried about their opinions because…. well… I’m questioning. Does anyone have any suggestions about explaining this stuff to them?

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
August 2, 2020 4:11 pm

Well, I know it can be annoying to say this but it might be good to wait until you’re all a bit older or until after the whole lockdown thing. Perhaps just start off by telling them what the letters stand for and answer their questions and so on and so forth.

August 2, 2020 6:06 pm

Yeah I’m probably just gonna tell them what it means

August 2, 2020 8:31 pm

I think you should wait until you have a proper way of talking to them, maybe when lockdown is over? Also, if you’re questioning then I wouldn’t rush to find your identity! You’re are really young, you don’t fully understand yourself yet and you have plenty of time!

August 3, 2020 1:41 pm
Reply to  Echopaw

ok

August 3, 2020 10:44 pm

🙂

Stormlight
Stormlight
August 3, 2020 2:17 am

Hey, it’s okay! Maybe you could ask Starkit if she could plug in her ipad while you guys talk about it, and then just explain to her what it is and see how she reacts. If she has a positive/ neutral outlook on it, you could maybe tell her you are questioning your identity, but only if you feel comfortable doing it. If you feel panicky, it probably isn’t the right time. But the good thing is, you have plenty of time to figure everything out, and no matter who you are or who you love, BlogClan has your back <3

August 3, 2020 1:41 pm
Reply to  Stormlight

Aww thanks. I could do that but the problem is her cord doesn’t work.

August 2, 2020 5:29 pm

Mods? I see a lot of people on here struggling with LGBT+ stuff. I’ve been thinking to ask you all for a while, but maybe there should be an LGBT+ Support page, which is similar to the hug page, but for LGBT+ issues? I feel that this way more people can get help and the LGBT+ related comments won’t get buried as quickly. I dunno, it’s just a suggestion 🙂

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
August 4, 2020 4:48 pm

Hi, Brambleheart! We discussed your idea and ultimately decided that the Hug Page serves the job of an LGBTQ+ support page well enough by itself. It already gets a lot of visibility and spreading support across multiple pages might accidentally cause people to use the pages less. Having multiple pages could also make things a lot more confusing with the layout and people wondering “What page does this belong on?” when all they might need at the moment is a hug.

There are also some other moderation reasons as to why we’d rather keep things on one page, namely to do with inclusivity/exclusivity ^^ It is a wonderful idea! It’s just that, at this moment, we don’t feel the huge need for it 🙂

August 3, 2020 3:09 pm

Fun fact: I’d like to keep my sanity, y’know?

But how is anyone supposed to do that when you’re really started to get triggered by the words climate and change and global?? I google stuff about eco-anxiety and how to stop it and when I’m done reading I was either momentarily not freaking out or: O_O (aka yeah but is that possible/how can you even say that.)

I feel like this mad light monster who goes around shutting all lights and refuses to use them. Last night I broke a souvenir cup because it turns out you have awful perception in the dark. So yeah I feel positively terrible about that. At least it’s keepable, but doesn’t look that great with tape. Anyway, I want to unplug things like the TV and DVD player because it’s considered a ‘vampire thingy’ or something that sucks energy even when it’s “off”.
See, I just stopped writing this to go shut off the oven surface light because why is that on???
My sister leaves on lights in her bedroom while she’s in the shower and takes kind of long showers and I’m the one to shut every single switch when she gets out. And kitchen lights in the day, never mind any lights in the day? AHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
By the way, I probably glare at every air conditioner I see on.

I want to write and work on my story, but WHO CAN HAVE FUN WHILE THERE’S A CLIMATE CRISIS ON OUR HANDS, aka the existential threat?????? I want to do something about global warming, but I’m a kid who’s supposed to be in 7th grade math but is in 5th, and there’s a pandemic going on so it’s not like it would be safe to march around holding a sign even if my mom would let me (doubt it a lot) and is that even effective????? Idk???????????? I missed the climate strike I would’ve asked my mom if I could join last year. That was before I even knew about climate change.
I mean, I’m at my climax of my novel now! Usually I love this part! Ughhhh and I can’t even work on it properly.

By the way, I’m starting to notice patterns.
I worry about something for a while usually until it almost sickens me, my mom talks to me about it, and then I have a few months of bliss. Then I rediscover that thing or discover a new thing and worry more. It’s happened a few times since I got some actually worry-worthy things on my hands. It always comes back until it’s solved. So I need to solve it. H O W ? It’s not like I can do anything individually that will kick climate change in it’s teeth, and that drives me bonkers. I turn off lights, I turn off the shower when I’m soaping up and take short showers, I barely use lights, I don’t turn on the faucet all the way to wash my hands. I dim my computer screen so it doesn’t have to charge so soon, I consider vegetarian or pescatarian diets, aaanndd I avoid milk whenever possible. But some of my favorite things are made from milk or require milk (ice cream, pudding, cereal, yogurt, milk chocolate, creamy things, even milk itself, etc)
Whyyy do cows have to fart so muccccchhhhhhh

Learning about possible water shortages and possible endangerment of bees is the thing that is most terrifying out of all of this. I mean, water and bees are life. A warmer climate is adaptable, but no bees and no drinking water is 0% adaptable for anything. My mind has started to go to is multiplying molecules possible??? and that science fiction stuff that would be the end of worrying about enough water if it was so. Anything’s possible. But whereas I barely have my multiplications and divisions memorized, I can’t figure that out.
And I’d love if we would have the space to plant 1 trillion trees, but I read an article saying we basically don’t. Instead we should fund protecting the Amazon. I’m all for that. But is it enough?? And are they actually building Co2-sucking machines??? Why isn’t everyone just switching to clean energy already!? They say we already have solutions; it’s just us that needs to change. It shouldn’t be that hard considering if the earth cripples, everything cripples, soooooooo… Yeah. But they still haven’t stopped emissions. Yippee.

Also I used to love music so much I would listen to it all day, but I listened to it on Amazon Prime, and it so turns out streaming things freaking causes emissions.
nO mOrE oF tHat
:((

Also we’re driving a few somewheres today and I’ll just be having an anxiety field day while we’re at it, imagining many pounds of carbon going into the atmosphere with every mile.

Yeah. My mental state for ya.
Here’s a fruity bubbly water drink if you read all of this 🍹

August 3, 2020 10:49 pm

I think you shouldn’t freak out about it! I’m not an expert but maybe you have ocd or maybe every time you feel the urge you should do something else to distract yourself!❤

August 4, 2020 12:36 am
Reply to  Echopaw

I don’t do with other problems, so I don’t think I have OCD. But…this is happening to the planet, so, you know… 😛 It’s different. Thank you <33

🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
August 3, 2020 10:54 pm

*Hugs*
You’re one of my best friends and I really wish I could help you but I’m not sure what to say.

I don’t think it’s as bad as it might seem. The Earth is really huge so things like lights wouldn’t make that much difference that fast. Technology keeps improving, and becoming more eco-friendly. There are smart people out there coming up with inventions that will help the environment. 🙂

If it helps, I worry a lot about pollution and panic when I drop a piece of floss on the floor and have to throw it away 😛 So I can sympathize.
I understand how you feel and I think the most important thing to remember is that scientists keep coming up with big solutions. Solutions bigger than forgetting to turn off the lights or throwing out a piece of floss. <3

I hope you feel better <333

August 4, 2020 12:38 am

Thank you Pinee<33 You’re one of my best friends too <33

falling feather
falling feather
August 4, 2020 12:39 am

like pine said, scientists are coming up with solutions
but there are plenty of things you can do to help reduce waste too
really helpful environmental steps you can take would be to drop meat and something i do that i realized is good for the environment is taking cold showers opposed to warm ones (i also prefer the cold showers and i find i use less water when taking a cold shower 😛 )
try to tell your parents how you feel 😀
i would love to continue talking about this tomorrow 🙂

August 4, 2020 4:17 pm

Thanks Falling Feather <33
Ah I think I'll try that cold shower trick lol 😛
This helped :))

falling feather
falling feather
August 4, 2020 6:44 pm

i dont know why i said: “i would love to continue this conversation tomorrow” <— says wannabe professor

August 4, 2020 2:07 am

While Climate Change is an issue in our world, it’s not healthy to obsess over that. While turning lights off is a good habit to get into, frantically unplugging everything isn’t healthy and is a bit obsessive. Yes, it can be bad, but no one can be perfect. And you should use lights if you have to–it’s what they’re for. If you don’t feel comfortable, maybe ask your parents for a flashlight?

My suggestions are keep up good habits that aren’t too obsessive, like recycling, turning off lights when you aren’t using them, use both sides of paper, etc. If Climate Change still bothers you, maybe write a letter to your mayor or governor/premier/president/prime minister depending on where you live, and donate to organizations that plant trees or clean oceans (with your parent’s permission, of course). You can also make a presentation to your family about why this issue concerns you and what they can do to help. I’m sure they’ll listen, given that they understand this issue. Also did you know that Cheerios is putting their money into helping bees? Maybe eating that cereal will help you feel better supporting.

There is a lot of crazy stuff going on in the world, but sadly, in the end, there’s nothing much you can do about it. But that’s nothing to be ashamed or scared about. Maybe turn that into happiness. Take comfort in the fact that YOU are doing YOUR PART, because in the end, you are the only person you can control to bring hope to the environment.

And IT’S OKAY TO TAKE TIME TO YOURSELF. Yes, there is scary stuff, but in the end, mental health is important too, and it seems writing stories helps you, so DO IT. Maybe you can even write a story with a lesson about Climate Change in it, kind of like The Lorax, but your own.

I hope this helps, I get concerned about this too and these are some things I do.

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
August 4, 2020 4:52 pm

Maybe you should calm down a bit Peb 🙂
Yes, climate change won’t go away but stressing about lights and streaming won’t help. Trying things like taking public transport and cutting down on meat as well as donating to charities will help a lot more. If you are feeling that your sister isn’t doing anything, then talk to her about it and tell her to perhaps try cutting down on her water usage or remind her to turn of her lights.
Above all, just remember that stress doesn’t solve anything. 🙂

Blueheart
Blueheart
August 5, 2020 12:58 am

Maybe talk to your mom about this?

But, you don’t have to give up what you love because of this. You are not the only person out there who can make a mistake, or who can fix this. Eat the things you love, but make sure you eat it all(without over-filling yourself!) so that you’re eating responsibly and not wasting the food.

There are so many other people who leave lights on all day, who throw away most of their food, drive all day and night, take 2 hour long showers… You’re doing fine. Eat your meat, your icecream, listen to your favorite songs, enjoy your drive in the car. You aren’t the problem. You’re aware and doing your little part. If everyone would play their little part, we’d be much better off. At least you can say you have a clear conscience because you have done everything you can.

August 5, 2020 8:47 pm

Sorry about this.

Blueheart
Blueheart
August 5, 2020 10:53 pm

Don’t apologize for needing help or feeling stressed. <3

August 3, 2020 8:55 pm

My mom and dad are fighting on the phone… about ME. And my mom decided to have this conversation outside, but it’s under my room so I can hear EVERY WORD.

August 3, 2020 9:04 pm

Update: My mom just got off the call. She is mad, and when our neighbours asked what was wrong, my mom said that she felt like hitting someone (I know she won’t but that’s how mad she is at my dad)

August 3, 2020 10:27 pm

I’m so sorry Bramble <33 I don't know what to say 🙁

August 3, 2020 10:49 pm

I’m sorry 🙁

🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
🎄Christmastreestripe❄️️ (Pinestripe)
August 3, 2020 11:00 pm

Aww, I’m sorry to hear that! I understand how you feel- and that’s terrible! 🙁

Just remember that you didn’t do anything wrong and it’s not your fault they’re fighting. <3

Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
August 3, 2020 11:11 pm

I’m sorry Bramble *hugs*

Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
Brookshade (formerly Streamsplash)
August 3, 2020 8:57 pm

Warning *Girl Talk*

So I started my second period yesterday after 5 and more months on between. I don’t want to tell my mom because she makes a big deal out of it and I tell her not to. I have not had cramps or anything but I am running out of pads. I have to ask her to buy some but then I have to tell her I started. It is starting to leak into things too. I am under lots of stress. What should I do?

August 3, 2020 10:26 pm

Tell your mom!
You won’t get more pads if you don’t ask. But I have this suggestion: Get re-usables! I ordered some for the first time yesterday and they arrived today, and I hope they’re good. That way when you start, you won’t have to tell her. 😛 The only downside is that you have to wash them by hand. I think most of them are made of bamboo, but they’re all fabric. So you only have to go through asking for pads once if you want to try re-usables.
It’s weird talking about it, I know 😛

August 3, 2020 10:50 pm

I think you should ask, it would be even more awkward if your mom finds a load of red laundry!

Captain, leader of the tin soldier army | Falconpaw/Captain
Captain, leader of the tin soldier army | Falconpaw/Captain
August 3, 2020 11:32 pm

Girl, definitely tell your mom. My mom makes a big deal out of it, too, but I still need to tell her.

August 4, 2020 2:13 am

Tell your mom. I’ve had mine for 2 and a half years and I still tell her. Yes, it’s awkward at first, but it’s a mother’s job to help with that. In the end, she’ll be happy that you are honest with your life. And it’s normal for parents to make big deals out of periods when it’s the first few, and trust me–it’ll get better once you and your mom are used to it.

August 4, 2020 2:39 pm

You should definitely talk to her. It’s really awkward talking about stuff like that but if you’re running out, she can give you some

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
August 4, 2020 4:55 pm

Tell your mum! There’s no need to be embarrassed! It happens to everyone! If she’s making you uncomfortable, tell her to stop fussing. It’s also a good idea to stock up ahead of time. Wearing leggings or trousers in bed might help if you’re leaking.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
August 5, 2020 9:19 pm

You should definitely tell your Mom! I get the feeling of not wanting to tell anyone, but trust me, it will be much easier when you do.
*hugs*

August 4, 2020 12:45 am

Another update: My mom is talking about my dad to my sister (she has a different dad), and my mom said that she is refusing to talk to my dad, and something else, which I could only hear bits and pieces of, but it involves me going to the States NEXT summer, which I’m getting the vibes that she may not want to happen because of this but that may not be 100% true since I didn’t hear that much of that because YouTube.

Also my mom is in a really bad mood because of this fight. She doesn’t know that I know about it, and I do, but it’s still fustrating when my mom goes ballistic over the littlest things, like me being hesitant about stuff and making her feel like she is “crazy”. And my mom likes to check on how well I brushed my teeth because reasons, and that makes me feel uncomfortable, and today she wanted to do it, and when I shook my head to say “please no”, she threatened to take away all of my stuff, including drawing.

What I’m most concerned about is the fight though. It was really bad. I also only heard my mom’s perspective, which at times isn’t the best when she is angry, so StarClan knows what my dad went through. It was something about my mom wanting my dad to come up to Canada to see me because she doesn’t like self-isolation (which in my POV is a bit extreme, like maybe yes, my dad can come up a bit but she has to give to this as well). My dad apparently said he has other priorities too that can’t be met if he goes to Canada all the time like his girlfriend or his job (which is understandable, he could be fired and have no money if he takes time off all the time to go up to Canada as my mom wishes). My mom went ballistic and called him selfish and inconsiderate, for considering all of the moving parts in his life. My mom says he didn’t understand that she has done everything all on her own, and screamed at him for trying to explain himself.

Yeah…

August 4, 2020 9:16 am

i am sorry, you sound like you are going through a lot, maybe calling a child helpline will get you more professional help

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
August 4, 2020 5:45 pm

I have never done gymnastics, but during quarantine, I wanted to learn how to do the splits, handstand, and cartwheel. I’ve been trying to figure out the right steps to build myself up for it, but I don’t know what to do. I did a handstand once after I was practicing a lot, but then I feel on my back.
I’m just afraid that’ll happen again, or I’ll fall on my head.
Any suggestions on how anyone trained themselves to do handstands/splits/cartwheels?

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
August 4, 2020 6:16 pm

I took gymnastics in a gym with coaches for 5 years! There’s no real way of avoiding falling back down without getting a good sense of balance and power to put into the push of your kick as you go up into a handstand. It’s basically inevitable that you’ll fall if you put too much power into it. If you can, put down a cushiony mat or do your handstands on grass and/or carpet to soften the blow. Additionally, you can learn how to roll out of a handstand, which essentially involves bending your elbows, ducking your head, and bending your body so that instead of falling straight on your back, you’ll end up rolling, which will make it hurt less.

For cartwheels, it’s kind of easier than handstands because you don’t have to focus as hard on your balance. When you do cartwheels fast enough, your momentum is actually going to keep you relatively upright. What’s important to practice is kicking up into a straight(ish) line so that if someone took a snapshot of you midway, your feet/legs are going to be relatively straight and in line with your arms. To help with this, try to aim your hands to be in a straight line/in front of your feet. Your posture before going into a cartwheel also matters; it’s a lot easier to do one if your feet are positioned in a straight line and your legs are straight (but slightly bent) than if you’re standing normally with your feet side by side. I highly recommend watching some tutorials on YouTube to see what I mean! It also helps (especially at the beginning), to keep your eyes grounded and focused on something that relatively doesn’t move as much as your surroundings; just like how ballerinas learn to focus on one spot when doing their spins so they don’t get dizzy and can keep track of where they are, try to keep your head positioned so that you’re always looking at your hands. That way, 1. you won’t get disorientated because your hands will look like they aren’t moving that much compared to the rest of you and your surroundings and 2. you can watch the ground and kind of get a sense of whether or not you’re off-balanced. If you can, get someone to help slowly guide you through the motions of a cartwheel (holding onto your legs and moving you while you’re in a handstand (they’ll be supporting you, so you don’t have to worry about falling)) so you can familiarize yourself with the feeling.

For splits, unless you have a lot of natural flexibility, training yourself to go into splits is a step-by-step endeavour. There are specific stretches that I learned in my gym to help us warm up for practicing our splits (in both ways (one leg in front and one in the back, or the middle one with one leg on the left and one on the right)) which are… kind of hard to describe 😛 The stretches for the first splits type I described is something like this and we would do several with each leg in front and you can find a lot of splits stretch tutorial videos that have similar exercises, and the one for the middle splits is something we called the frog stretch (google that and you’ll see what I mean). After you are sufficiently warmed up, it’s really just a matter of sinking down into as far of a splits as is comfortable, holding it for a few seconds (count up to or down from ten), releasing and then doing it again, possibly with your other leg in front. If you’re practicing every day, try to go a little bit past what feels comfortable, but don’t go as far as to seriously hurt yourself! If you feel a slight burn and a stretch in your muscles near the top of your thighs, that’s alright! Just hold it there, release, and then try again later or the next day. If you practice for long enough, you’ll find that you can do lower and lower splits and eventually can go down to the floor!

For any of these, always, always, ALWAYS warm-up by stretching your muscles. Even 6+ years after I stopped doing gymnastics, one of the most important things I remember is to do your stretches because it h u r t s if you do any moves without stretching. I’ve done a bunch of cartwheels and splits without stretching and ouch 😛

Good luck!

falling feather
falling feather
August 4, 2020 6:41 pm

wowooah
*recovers from onslaught of gymnastics knowledge*

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
August 4, 2020 8:29 pm

Thanks so much! This really helped😊💖

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
August 4, 2020 10:45 pm

Glad I could help!

August 4, 2020 10:53 pm

Wow I didn’t know you did gymnastics embix, cool! I can only do a cartwheel at the moment though!❤

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Crookedmoon✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
August 5, 2020 9:15 pm

*clap clap clap* Amazing knowledge on gymnastics, Ember!!

Blueheart
Blueheart
August 5, 2020 1:05 am

To add on to what Embix said…

Try getting a parent/sibling to spot for you! They can watch and sort of have a hand out to somewhat catch you if you fall!

Another tip… Before you stretch, warm up. You could probably find something on youtube, like a zumba or cardio exercise(Or, if you don’t want to do those because they’re hard, simple isolations would work(moving one part of your body at a time, heads, shoulders, upper body, hips, ankles, wrists). If you stretch without warm muscles you can get seriously injured.

I don’t do gymnastics but I do dance a whole lot so these are things I think would also help you. 😛 I’m almost to my left splits and am usually in my right so… Just stretch consistently. 😛

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
August 5, 2020 3:26 am
Reply to  Blueheart

Thanks Blue! 💙

August 5, 2020 1:16 pm

I used to do it but I was never any good with cartweels but at one point I had my middle split down. To do a split try a pigion stretch/split first(that’s when your back leg is straight and and the your front knee is bent. Here’s a link to a picture bc I’m not good at explaining: https://www.google.com/search?q=pigeon+stretch&safe=active&rlz=1C1VFKB_enUS770US770&sxsrf=ALeKk03NOZwX5sTQ3j34CTgF7-Y4CQQoVw:1596629503399&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiQ8oyzhITrAhWqY98KHSwNBHEQ_AUoAXoECBgQAw&biw=1366&bih=657#imgrc=ZiTZlH5fJ5TneM oh wow that’s a long link) with handstands here are the steps we did to do one: 1. Put your arms up and your leg 2. bend down with your leg out behind you 3. go into a handstand and then go down and a few steps that just make it pretty. I hope it helped!

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
August 5, 2020 10:46 pm

Thanks Ivykit! All your guys’ tips really helped💛😊

~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
~Dewy~Dewfeather~Dew on Eagles Feather~
August 4, 2020 6:43 pm

I have this weird bluish bump on my ear and it has to get removed, but I have no idea how. I already had a mole shaved off my back and it hurt. Next, either the day before or after that, I’m going to get braces.
My parents keep yelling at me because I keep my shoulders hunched. I cant help it and I try telling them but they just keep yelling at me.

August 4, 2020 10:54 pm

Maybe it’s a big spot? I think you should try again to tell your parents to get it checked out!❤

August 4, 2020 11:08 pm

that sounds..scary. I can relate to keeping your shoulders hunched. I have scoliosis so it’s not good for my back. I also just got my braces off in December and there’s not much to worry about. Just take some pain medication(I usually took the amout suggested for my age in tablets) right after to beat the pain and the next morning maybe 1/2 of a tablet. It isn’t very bad at all exept for having to be very carefull about sweets. If you ask me, after that’s the worst part because you have to wear retainers every night

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
August 6, 2020 1:29 pm

Pain?
I’m was getting braces but then corona happened