The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

34,814 Replies to “The Hug Page”

1. July 31, 2020 at 11:41 pm

I had a fight-ish thing with my mom today. Not really a fight, but it made me feel uncomfortable.

So I got a sunburn over the weekend with my dad. It was bad, so my mom was concerned, and upset at my dad. Thing is, I was the one who put the sunscreen on, if anything, it’s my fault. But NO. My mom wants to talk to my dad about it. And by talk I mean chewing my dad out for something in MY control. So I feel SUPER guilty for that.

Also my mom is on me again about life skills, since I was doing well at my dad’s but not perfect here. My mom wants me to tell her what my dad is doing differently, and I know exactly why: my dad is more patient, less likely to go ballistic over the tiniest mistake, and makes me, um, not feel like I am walking on eggshells and not like my entire life and his depends on my ability to be impossibly perfect? Easy, I can tell my mom that!

Actually, I CAN’T. These are all things that paint my mom in a negative light, and I don’t feel I can tell her this truth. Last time I tried to tell her was last summer when we were on our way back from a trainwreck trip in Montreal that my mom blamed me for going wrong. Unfortunately, I didn’t know how to tell her, and I had four years of buildup, so I accidentally let my emotions get the best of me and did it all wrong, resulting in my mom blaming me for “almost getting us in a car crash” when a truck swerved by, and spinning that into a reason for her getting mad. In fact, I still feel extremely guilty and almost cry whenever I think of that over a year later.

The reason I told you that was because I feel I can’t tell her how she makes me feel, no matter how open she is, due to my failure because of two things. First, I messed up badly, and I’m scared of doing it again. GENUINELY SCARED. (I think I’ve developed a fear of failure over the past few months/years because of all of this) And Second, that incident was right before I went to see my family over the summer, which helped me get over it a bit, and talk it out with them. I CAN’T DO THAT NOW BECAUSE I AM PROBABLY NOT SEEING THEM FOR MONTHS.

So I’m in a hard situation and I need help.

Try me, Beyoncé.

• August 1, 2020 at 12:14 am

I’m sorry you’re going through this. 🙁

It might help to calmly have a conversation with her. Find a moment when neither of you is upset and no one is busy, and tell her you would like to talk about something.

I understand how you feel about not wanting to say anything that will hurt her feelings, but it’s important for both of you that she understands the problem, and there should be ways you can tell her the truth without making her feel bad. Try to tell her how you feel very calmly. (I have a really hard time having these kinds of conversations without getting emotional, so I know how it feels <3 ) Taking deep breaths before you speak might help not to lash out. Try to be honest without sounding accusing, that way she is less likely to get mad. Maybe something like, "I know you're doing your best, but I think it would help me if you _____. That's what my dad did and I found it to be helpful. Could you please try doing that, too?" That's just an example. You should find the wording that you feel would work best according to the situation.

I hope this helps and that things get better soon <3

I want a numbat

• August 1, 2020 at 4:38 am

I agree with Pinestripe, tell her your feelings and say, “if you do this, it might help me” or maybe you could try to call your dad and talk to him if you can. *hugs*

be the light inside a storm

• August 1, 2020 at 12:58 pm

I think you should wait until she is in a good mood, and then calmly try and explain. Don’t force yourself into it and don’t freak out about it! Good luck 💖💖💖

Bri ❤🌞

2. July 31, 2020 at 11:59 pm

I want to express myself.

My first year of middle school is starting in one week; the same day of Stormkit (my little brother)’s birthday. Nightpaw (my older brother) and I are doing online school for two weeks. Stormkit is doing in-person school for the whole semester, and he has REALLY bad anxiety, and I worry about him SO much. I don’t want him to be so sad and scared on his birthday. Drizzlerain (my mom) said we could get his favorite restaurant for lunch. (The first day is a half day.) But, for me and Nightpaw, we don’t know whether we’re going back to school or still online for after the two weeks of online school, and I really don’t want to do in-person school, because I’ve had bad trouble with bullies. (Let’ s just say that my friends and I aren’ t that popular) I just need advice.

Edit: sorry new page

*insert disco music*

• Fernkit • Fern that Bends in the Breeze
      August 1, 2020 at 7:59 am

Hm, there’s this thing called Kids Helpline in Australia, and you can do a web chat. They do any problems, no matter what it is, I wonder if there is something like that where you live? (America I’m guessing by ‘mom’) If there is I suggest it.

I said no.

• August 1, 2020 at 1:00 pm

Maybe contact the school about Stormkit’s anxiety? They should help him if they are aware of his condition! 🙂

Bri ❤🌞

• August 1, 2020 at 11:24 pm

hugs!

𝓒𝓵𝓲𝓬𝓴 𝓶𝔂 𝓷𝓪𝓶𝓮!

• Midnight
      August 3, 2020 at 2:42 am

Every new grade that you entered starts something new. I’ve been through that a whole lot because I’ve been transferred into three schools. One was elementary school because I was still in elementary school. The other is middle school and it’s new to everybody when they start there. And the other one is starting ninth grade in high school. It’s my final year at the high school. I don’t want to leave school! I don’t want to go to college either.

3. August 1, 2020 at 3:16 am

Alright.
    So it’s my last year in the US, and I really wanted to see my friends. Lilykit moved yesterday, and apart from Leopardkit I don’t get to see my friends, especially Tawnykit, because she lives far away. I can’t even chat on remote because my mom’s phone is broken, I don’t have my friends’ phone numbers, and Google Meet and Zoom are glitching. I can see Leopardkit, but only because she’s Japanese and her family is currently holding a yard sale, mostly just Japanese mangas, business and recipe books and all that, and we donated quite a few books • toys • DVDS.
    I just saw her today, and she told me that I wouldn’t see her again till two weeks later, which is a long time to wait for a kit the age of me.
    In conclusion, COVID-19 ruined my last summer with my friends 🙁

le Ferncloud lover/defender 🌿☁️

• Fernkit • Fern that Bends in the Breeze
      August 1, 2020 at 7:56 am

Aw, that sucks. COVID-19 ruins everything…
      Alot of people can relate. Just when you see your friends, do something really special to celebarte your time in the U.S. 😉 😛

I said no.

• August 1, 2020 at 1:02 pm

Maybe arrange a socially distanced occasion outdoors to celebrate! Make the last time you see them special!❤

Bri ❤🌞

• August 1, 2020 at 4:45 pm

I’m sorry that happened! 🙁 Covid’s ruining a lot for the most of us, but some of us find a way to move around/past it. What I’m currently doing, is hanging out at the park, and sitting six feet away from my friend, you could try that with your friends, and you could see if Leopardkit has Lilykit and Tawnykit’s phone numbers, and ask for hers!
      *hugs*

Yes, that was you I just ate

4. Moons (Moonspirit)
    August 1, 2020 at 4:50 am

so uh
    i have a problem with clawing myself.
    like, if i’m bored or stressed or just have an itch it will somehow turn into very vigorous clawing that leaves painful scars later. this is…kinda obviously a problem. i’ve thought of wearing mittens but i mean i can’t wear them all the time and i don’t think they would do much more then annoy me. my mom knows i do this and yells at me every time she sees me doing it. she says it’s a “bad habit” and she thinks that getting mad at me is going to help me stop but all it does is stress me out and if anything makes me do it more. i’ve tried telling her that i have this and about 264781468246 other mental problems that i need help with other then just getting mad but she either doesn’t believe me or just won’t listen and i’m so tired.
    cookies if you read all that i’m sorry

Clo4SW

• Shadowcloud (Clo)
      August 1, 2020 at 5:34 am

Moons dear
      I used to pick my eyebrow hairs as a nervous habit 😛 I looked… So weird…without an eyebrow. Huuuuuggggssss <3 I don't have good advice bc I'm still struggling with this myself 😛

• falling feather
      August 1, 2020 at 6:44 am

I use clay when I have excess energy or I just tap my fingers really hard 😛
      you seriously need sleep Moon, I’m 100% not joking. Get Sleep

look in the sky

• Fernkit • Fern that Bends in the Breeze
      August 1, 2020 at 7:54 am

If you’re allowed, maybe some chewy lollies/similar?

I’m so sorry about your mum. I can’t say much for that… 🙁 I can relate.

I know this didn’t help but I’m with you ^^

I said no.

• August 1, 2020 at 1:03 pm

I think you should try and let your mom understand, or if not get a doctor or email a teacher! Maybe call a child help line!❤

Bri ❤🌞

• August 1, 2020 at 4:42 pm

If you ever find yourself starting to claw yourself, maybe find a fidget to play with? Just a tiny object that you can keep your hands occupied. Maybe instead of telling your Mom that what’s she’s doing isn’t working, tell her that, and propose something else, like this fidget that would work more effectively. If she doesn’t believe you in other situations like this, maybe give her an example that would provide some proof to your statement. Maybe you could try meditation to relieve all the stress, or exercise?
      *hugs*
      <33

Yes, that was you I just ate

• Willowstep (Wistep)
      August 1, 2020 at 7:15 pm

aaaa i feel a spiritual connection with what you’re saying like my mom always criticizes me for doing weird things like worrying too much or not talking enough or crying often or fidgeting with my hands/legs or pulling out my hair and whatnot and when i tell her i want help because obviously i… don’t like doing these things 😛 and she’s like “bRUH just get your act together yourself” and i’m like -_-

and yeah there’s some weird rebellion thing going on with me too like she says “sTOP DOING THAT” and i feel the urge to do it more i hate to admit it but i think i’m doing it out of spite but i’m also really tired of her telling me off and not actually helping me solve any of my issues and i’m really not having a fun time swimming in the deep end of my lil pool of anxiety and other nagging sad emotions

ack well i don’t actually know how to help you moons but i think talking about it with someone and venting a little bit (i.e. people on the blog) can help? i’m not too sure, sorry *huggles*

(p.s. maybe wearing nail polish could help with the clawing? i have a similar issue rip)

• Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
      August 1, 2020 at 11:39 pm

Wear a rubber band or hair band around your wrist and snap it when you get the urge! I use it to stop from cracking my knuckles and it’s pretty effective. Try not to snap it too hard though.

What's updog?

• August 2, 2020 at 1:07 am

*hugs* Kind of reminds me of my scab picking issue, I’ve been advised to get other things to fidget with and also wearing band aids on my fingers really helps me, I don’t know if that would work for you but they’re a lot less of a hassle than mittens are. I’m sorry your mom’s not being understanding about it, I don’t have quite the same thing but it sounds similar and stuff like this is hard to get rid but I believe in you 🙂 . *more hugs <3*

🔥 💛 🌛🌛

• Birchfoot
        August 2, 2020 at 2:52 am

fidget toys are a godsend im using one right now^^

but honestly, if this is caused by anxiety or any difficult feelings, it’s probably more helpful to look at the root of what causes you to do these things. What emotions pop up and how do/can you react to them, etc etc. It sounds like, if you can get it, you need to talk to some sort of therapist

• Midnight
      August 3, 2020 at 2:46 am

When you have a problem like that, your body is only trying to tell you that you need to do something with your hands. I picked my eyelashes, eyebrows, and including my pubic hair. I couldn’t stop because I am so stressed out, but there are many ways of relieving stress. I’m trying to ignore as much as possible, but I believe that it’s completely impossible. If you haven’t realized yet, there is medicine to relieve stress. I have been there so many times. Trust me on this one. Do something with your hands. It will help prevent you from scratching yourself so hard that there would only remain scars.

• Lavenderfox
      August 3, 2020 at 3:53 am

Oh no! Maybe try using fidgets? I don’t have this problem so I don’t have much advice. I hope you’ll be better *huggssssss*

• August 3, 2020 at 2:14 pm

I’m in a similar situation too, but if I had to give some advice, maybe use some sort of sensory/stimming toy like fidget cubes, Tangle or chewy jewellery/chewellry.

To get the stress out, maybe write a diary, draw your feelings, listen to some calming music or do some yoga/tai chi or meditation.

I’m sorry about what you’re experiencing because I know what it’s like to be shouted at for trying to cope with your stress. *virtual hug*<3

You want garlic bread or no?

5. Pearpaw
    August 1, 2020 at 10:18 pm

Today my so-called friend got mad at me.
    Here is our conversation
    Friend:
    omigod
    R u there
    Bc I have something really urgent to tell you
    Ok
    So
    Oh
    Nvm wrong chat

Me: who were you trying to message?

Friend: why do u wanna know

Me: just curious you don’t have to tell me

Friend:k then I am totally NOt telling you

Me: ok
    Btw
    Oh never mind

Friend: lol you are trying to do it to me too, to get me annoyed its not going to work

Me: i was going to say something but then i realized you might get offended.

(At this time, my friend goes totally on the attack)

Friend: ok sure like i believe you
    yu have never before worried about whether something is offensive
    you always say rude things….and now suddenly you are not going to type something to me because it is “offensive”
    🙄

Me: we never even talk to each other, how would you know?

Friend: obviously i was talking about when we used to be friends in real life in school! then, you would always say rude things to me, and lie, and just overall not be a good person. now, asking somebody a simple question is offensive to you? you have changed a lot

Me: I am just going to leave now. I don’t like it when people make up mean things about me, so I am going to ignore you.

Friend: ok, this is stupid, all we ever used to do was argue, and now we are still doing the same thing! i don’t want to have to deal with that kind of stuff in life, (especially with you) so i am just going to delete this conversation. ok?
    You are such a lame person.

Cookies if you read that.🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪

What should I do?

• Cheetahspark
      August 2, 2020 at 12:34 am

that person sounds really immature and it was totally uncalled for 🙁 I recommend you distance yourself from them and don’t escalate the situation further <3

• August 2, 2020 at 8:07 am

I can relate to that

It’s horrible when friends turn on you online. It’s like a different side of them comes out of them on phone chats. Just walk away, and I swear he/she’ll come back to you. Good luck, and cookies 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 and hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs hugs and hearts ♥️ ♥️ ♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Click my name!

• August 2, 2020 at 12:35 pm

well what they say is NOT true!! you’re a great person! I think you should definitly.. how do I say this. Just stop talking to them. *hugs*

Click my name!

• August 2, 2020 at 8:29 pm

Ok I would just block/ ignore this person. This person is someone that can’t really be reasoned with so just ignore them!❤

Bri ❤🌞

• August 2, 2020 at 10:52 pm

Ok one. Even if what that person said was true (which it’s not),
      they shouldn’t tell you online or on a text message. That’s means they are a coward and if they had a problem with you, they should have told you right to your face. (Ok, that would be hard cause of the pandemic) and also, (if anyone confronts their friends online, I am NOT calling you a coward. It is just this one person.)
      Two.
      This person doesn’t sound like a good friend! You should block them and not talk to them. You are amazing and they can’t see that.
      *Hugs*

• Midnight
      August 3, 2020 at 2:50 am

I have an ex-friend who’s way worse than yours. Nobody likes her. Her name will be Ravenchain. She is completely annoying left and right. We have to call her a friend because she doesn’t have any and some people can hardly believe that we are friends with her. We just tell them that we are her ex-friend and don’t tell her that.

6. August 2, 2020 at 1:14 pm

So I have a big big big problem. Every time I talk about LGBTQ+ to my friends I get a panic attack. So one of my friends has no idea what it is but knows what lesbian and gay is. The other knows what it is and well she thinks that we should only start thinking about it in highschool if we ever do. I’m going to talk to Starkit(the one who doesn’t know what it is) today about it. Only there’s a problem. we used to use wildcraft as a way to talk to each other about stuff we cant say out loud or text because our parents look through our texts. But Starkit’s IPad runs out of charge extremely quickly and takes like a week to charge. So I can’t even properly talk to her about it. I’m really worried about their opinions because…. well… I’m questioning. Does anyone have any suggestions about explaining this stuff to them?

Click my name!

• August 2, 2020 at 4:11 pm

Well, I know it can be annoying to say this but it might be good to wait until you’re all a bit older or until after the whole lockdown thing. Perhaps just start off by telling them what the letters stand for and answer their questions and so on and so forth.

Whovians click my name!

• August 2, 2020 at 6:06 pm

Yeah I’m probably just gonna tell them what it means

Click my name!

• August 2, 2020 at 8:31 pm

I think you should wait until you have a proper way of talking to them, maybe when lockdown is over? Also, if you’re questioning then I wouldn’t rush to find your identity! You’re are really young, you don’t fully understand yourself yet and you have plenty of time!

Bri ❤🌞

• August 3, 2020 at 2:17 am

Hey, it’s okay! Maybe you could ask Starkit if she could plug in her ipad while you guys talk about it, and then just explain to her what it is and see how she reacts. If she has a positive/ neutral outlook on it, you could maybe tell her you are questioning your identity, but only if you feel comfortable doing it. If you feel panicky, it probably isn’t the right time. But the good thing is, you have plenty of time to figure everything out, and no matter who you are or who you love, BlogClan has your back <3

be the light inside a storm

• August 3, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Aww thanks. I could do that but the problem is her cord doesn’t work.

Click my name!