The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

Notify of
Cinderpaw
Cinderpaw
September 29, 2020 7:01 pm

Today was horrible. I was on online school and had a quiz about key signatures in band. I was pretty confident that I would do at least ok, considering that I had gotten perfect or almost perfect on all of the practices. But when I opened up the quiz, and saw the first question, my mind just went blank. I couldnt remember anything I had learned, and I felt lucky I could make multiple attempts. After ten attempts, class was ending and I needed to submit my highest score. It was 14 out of 25. Not even a passing grade. The lowest grade I have gotten before this, in any subject, is B. I have never cracked under stress like this before. I was actually crying at this point. My parents are going to be really mad at me, and I just feel horrible. I need hugs.

Last edited 21 days ago by Cinderpaw
Lavender is logged out
Lavender is logged out
September 29, 2020 7:31 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

Aww I’m sorry, that has happened to me

Cindery Smoke That Warms Autumn Frost ~ Cindy

~Legends never die~ yeah

🎃𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊🎃
🎃𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊🎃
September 30, 2020 6:48 am

*hugs* 🙂

I live for pringles

Flame of Streaky Autumn Leaves (Flamepaw/streak)
Flame of Streaky Autumn Leaves (Flamepaw/streak)
September 30, 2020 8:24 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

*hugs* I know you don’t feel okay but know that the ENTIRE BlogClan has your back.

Shinestorm's Apprentice!

Lionpaw not signed in
Lionpaw not signed in
September 30, 2020 4:40 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

I’m so sorry Cinderpaw. Maybe talk to your teacher and explain? She/He might let you retake it when you’re calmer. I’m so sorry this happened to you, everyone has bad days sometimes. *Gives HUGE hug* 🙂

September 30, 2020 9:22 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

I’m sorry Cinder 🙁 I know how that feels, I’ve totally done that in karate and made myself feel (if not look like) an idiot. It happens to the best of us. <33 I won’t tell you ‘don’t worry’ because I know how impossible that is (but try if you can), but just know that what happened was understandable.
*hugs*

SrizelFTW

Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
October 1, 2020 7:38 am
Reply to  Cinderpaw

These things happen. As long as you tried your best at the time your parents will be fine with it! One bad grade does not matter

Silence will fall....

Fernkit is not Logged in
Fernkit is not Logged in
October 1, 2020 9:15 am

*Hugs* Sorry, I don’t have any advice, though 🙁

Şpคrr໐ຟ thคt fliēŞ ໐ຖ hคll໐ຟēēຖ'Ş fนll ๓໐໐ຖ
Şpคrr໐ຟ thคt fliēŞ ໐ຖ hคll໐ຟēēຖ'Ş fนll ๓໐໐ຖ
October 1, 2020 8:11 pm
Reply to  Cinderpaw

awww im so sorry. that happened to me just the other day.maybe you take some more time to study and then ask your teacher if you could try again?
*hugs*

աɦɛռ ռօȶɦɨռɢ ɨֆ ʀɨɢɦȶ, ɮɛ ʟɛʄȶ

Lavender is logged out
Lavender is logged out
September 29, 2020 7:17 pm

One of my relatives that I don’t know very well might die.. she’s my stepdad’s mom. She isn’t very healthy, and has a kidney problem. She’s had so many surgeries, and everyone is worried that she might not make it through another, which she has to have. I have met her, and she is very nice too. I don’t want her to die, I need hugs

Last edited 22 days ago by 🎡🔮🎠 Lavender longs for a carnival 🎡🔮🎠
September 29, 2020 7:48 pm

im so sorry *hugs*

FOR THE LOVE OF CAMELOT!

Stripekit
Stripekit
September 29, 2020 8:51 pm

Aww I’m so sorry. You need an extra big hug *HUG!*

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
September 30, 2020 1:10 am

I’m so sorry! 🙁 *Hugs* <333

Honeyfern lover

🎃𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊🎃
🎃𝕭𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕲𝖑𝖔𝖔𝖒𝖎𝖊🎃
September 30, 2020 6:49 am

I’m sorry 🙁 *hugs* I know how it feels to lose a relative

I live for pringles

Lionpaw not signed in
Lionpaw not signed in
September 30, 2020 4:44 pm

Agreed. It’s an awful feeling. When I lost my cousin, it was so sad but I was young and didn’t really understand, but when I look back I realize how awful it really was.
I’m really sorry Lavender. *Hugs*

September 30, 2020 9:25 pm

I’m so sorry Lavender. I don’t know what to say. Just know we’re here for you and I’m sending my prayers <33

SrizelFTW

Cindery Smoke That Warms Autumn Frost ~ Cindy
Cindery Smoke That Warms Autumn Frost ~ Cindy
September 29, 2020 9:25 pm

Can I vent right now?
Thanks.

So, I’m don’t think I’m a normal middle school girl/ apprentice. I mean, I play an instrument, I go to school, I do homework, like in that way. But, I started kindergarten when I was 4. So, now in 6th grade, I’m 10. I feel different than any other middle schooler or apprentice on BlogClan. I just feel like an outcast, and that everyone wouldn’t accept me. And that, I’m different. 🙁

Last edited 21 days ago by Cindery Smoke That Warms Autumn Frost ~ Cindy
September 29, 2020 10:22 pm

Hey, don’t worry. I accept you. My cousin is in 6th grade but he’s 14. And just so you know, I’m also an apprentice, but I’m 10. I also am the youngest on my soccer league, That sometimes the kids there underestimate my strength or think I can’t do something and make it “soft” for me. Even my coach does that. So I know exactly how you feel.

~Legends never die~ yeah

Cindery Smoke That Warms Autumn Frost ~ Cindy
Cinderpaw ~ Cindy!
September 29, 2020 11:00 pm

Wow, that really helped. Thanks, Nightpaw!

September 30, 2020 1:40 pm

Np

~Legends never die~ yeah

September 29, 2020 10:30 pm

*hugs*

FOR THE LOVE OF CAMELOT!

Ghost with Icy pelt (Icepelt)
Icepelt/paw not logged in
September 30, 2020 7:59 am

*hugs* that’s totally normal. Everyone’s different in some way. I’m in 6th grade and a few of my friends are 10 too! You’re not alone <333

September 30, 2020 12:35 pm

Different doesn’t always mean bad, Cindy! You might be different, but that’s what makes you unique. You’re amazing, that’s what counts! Hugs! *hugs*

I am the storm after the calm

September 30, 2020 9:37 pm

Hey, I’m thirteen and I’m in fourth grade math. No, it’s not because I’m dumb, but because of setbacks in the past and my mom not having math as her strongsuit. But still. I’m weird, by the way, so your not the only one that’s different. 🙂 But I see no reason you have to be the negative kind of outcast. You have the option to be proud of your difference—who wants to go with generality? Not me. But I get the part about acceptance; being different shouldn’t mean you’re excluded. In fact, the best people on this earth are accepting of differences instead of scorning and shaming them.

If you want to understand yourself more, I suggest taking the 16Personalities test. I have learned and understood so much more about myself from taking it, and now I’m obsessed with typology. And I’m turning into the real me.
*hugs* What your feeling is understandable.
I don’t know if this is what you were looking for, but best wishes. <3 By the way, I accept you all the way, and ‘strange’ is my middle name (figuratively :PPP ). I hope to get to know you more.

SrizelFTW

Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
October 1, 2020 7:40 am

Does that mean your older than your meant to be? Because I’m not sure how the system works in America and I don’t think people of different ages can be in different years.
It doesn’t really matter what age you are! You can still make friends with those younger or older than you!

Silence will fall....

Şpคrr໐ຟ thคt fliēŞ ໐ຖ hคll໐ຟēēຖ'Ş fนll ๓໐໐ຖ
Şpคrr໐ຟ thคt fliēŞ ໐ຖ hคll໐ຟēēຖ'Ş fนll ๓໐໐ຖ
October 1, 2020 8:14 pm

oh Cindy! we will always accept you because everyone is different is their own unique way. No need to worry <3

աɦɛռ ռօȶɦɨռɢ ɨֆ ʀɨɢɦȶ, ɮɛ ʟɛʄȶ

September 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Hoi! Since this is the hug page, let me post some words of advice to anyone who doesn’t feel like themselves and want to change. (And for anyone else who reads this)

If you question who you are, question whether or not what your picking is you. Because you are you, unique and so determined, and no one can stop you from being the best version of you. Don’t worry, because you must and will be excepted soon enough. If you have to change the world for it, than do it. No one will get in your way.

~Legends never die~ yeah

oh wow thanks. I didn’t realize I needed that 😛
*hugs because why not*

աɦɛռ ռօȶɦɨռɢ ɨֆ ʀɨɢɦȶ, ɮɛ ʟɛʄȶ

Poppypaw
Poppypaw
September 30, 2020 12:30 am

So I got a D on a quiz that didn’t really make sense and I like some hugs.

Cheetahspark
Cheetahspark
September 30, 2020 12:45 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

I’m so sorry, Poppy! That’s really frustrating 🙁 *hugs*

September 30, 2020 12:51 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

Oh, no! *hugs*

I am the storm after the calm

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
September 30, 2020 1:09 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

*Hugs*

Honeyfern lover

September 30, 2020 5:43 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

*hugs*

FOR THE LOVE OF CAMELOT!

Ghost with Icy pelt (Icepelt)
Icepelt/paw not logged in
September 30, 2020 8:01 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

*hugs*

Dove flying through Graveyard (Dovepaw)
Dove flying through Graveyard (Dovepaw)
September 30, 2020 12:50 pm
Reply to  Poppypaw

*Hugs!!!*

September 30, 2020 9:41 pm
Reply to  Poppypaw

*hugs* I’m sorry 🙁 I get things in my schoolwork all the time that make no sense. *sideglances Writing & Grammar’s sentence coding*

SrizelFTW

Tinypaw
Tinypaw
October 1, 2020 3:58 am
Reply to  Poppypaw

*hugs*

Found the Emberden!!!

September 30, 2020 1:44 pm

Guys- I have an issue. My mom is going into surgery, but what if they do find cancer? I’m scared guys.

~Legends never die~ yeah

September 30, 2020 4:08 pm

*hugs*

FOR THE LOVE OF CAMELOT!

Lionpaw not signed in
Lionpaw not signed in
September 30, 2020 4:45 pm

oh *hugs* 🙂
*Hugs again*

September 30, 2020 5:11 pm

Guys! Guess what! She’s okay!

~Legends never die~ yeah

YAY!!!!!!!!!!

I am the storm after the calm

🎡🔮🎠 Lavender longs for a carnival 🎡🔮🎠
🎡🔮🎠 Lavender longs for a carnival 🎡🔮🎠
October 1, 2020 3:30 am

Yay!!

Lion that Settles in Autumn Leaves aka Lionpaw(pool)
Lion that Settles in Autumn Leaves aka Lionpaw(pool)
October 1, 2020 7:41 pm

YAY! I’m so happy! 🙂

I am with you

October 1, 2020 1:16 am

*Trys to comfort Nightpaw with hugs*

I am the storm after the calm

September 30, 2020 3:02 pm

Guys, for ELA we have to read a story. It’s very interesting.

”Eleven” by Sandra Cisneros

What they don’t understand about birthdays and what they never tell you is that when you’re eleven, you’re also ten,
and nine, and eight, and seven, and six, and five, and four, and three, and two, and one. And when you wake up on
your eleventh birthday you expect to feel eleven, but you don’t. You open your eyes and everything’s just like
yesterday, only it’s today. And you don’t feel eleven at all. You feel like you’re still ten. And you are—underneath the
year that makes you eleven.
Like some days you might say something stupid, and that’s the part of you that’s still ten. Or maybe some days you
might need to sit on your mama’s lap because you’re scared, and that’s the part of you that’s five. And maybe one day
when you’re all grown up maybe you will need to cry like if you’re three, and that’s okay. That’s what I tell Mama
when she’s sad and needs to cry. Maybe she’s feeling three.
Because the way you grow old is kind of like an onion or like the rings inside a tree trunk or like my little wooden
dolls that fit one inside the other, each year inside the next one. That’s how being eleven years old is.
You don’t feel eleven. Not right away. It takes a few days, weeks even, sometimes even months before you say Eleven
when they ask you. And you don’t feel smart eleven, not until you’re almost twelve. That’s the way it is.
Only today I wish I didn’t have only eleven years rattling inside me like pennies in a tin Band-Aid box. Today I wish I
was one hundred and two instead of eleven because if I was one hundred and two I’d have known what to say when
Mrs. Price put the red sweater on my desk. I would’ve known how to tell her it wasn’t mine instead of just sitting
there with that look on my face and nothing coming out of my mouth.
“Whose is this?” Mrs. Price says, and she holds the red sweater up in the air for all the class to see. “Whose? It’s been
sitting in the coatroom for a month.”
“Not mine,” says everybody. “Not me.”
“It has to belong to somebody,” Mrs. Price keeps saying, but nobody can remember. It’s an ugly sweater with red
plastic buttons and a collar and sleeves all stretched out like you could use it for a jump rope. It’s maybe a thousand
years old and even if it belonged to me I wouldn’t say so.
Maybe because I’m skinny, maybe because she doesn’t like me, that stupid Sylvia Saldivar says, “I think it belongs to
Rachel.” An ugly sweater like that all raggedy and old, but Mrs. Price believes her. Mrs. Price takes the sweater and
puts it right on my desk, but when I open my mouth nothing comes out.
“That’s not, I don’t, you’re not…Not mine.” I finally say in a little voice that was maybe me when I was four.
“Of course it’s yours, ”Mrs. Price says. “I remember you wearing it once.” Because she’s older and the teacher, she’s
right and I’m not.
Not mine, not mine, not mine, but Mrs. Price is already turning to page thirty-two, and math problem number four. I
don’t know why but all of a sudden I’m feeling sick inside, like the part of me that’s three wants to come out of my
eyes, only I squeeze them shut tight and bite down on my teeth real hard and try to remember today I am eleven,
eleven. Mama is making a cake for me for tonight, and when Papa comes home everybody will sing Happy birthday,
happy birthday to you.
But when the sick feeling goes away and I open my eyes, the red sweater’s still sitting there like a big red mountain. I
move the red sweater to the corner of my desk with my ruler. I move my pencil and books and eraser as far from it as
possible. I even move my chair a little to the right. Not mine, not mine, not mine. In my head I’m thinking how long till
lunchtime, how long till I can take the red sweater and throw it over the schoolyard fence, or leave it hanging on a
parking meter, or bunch it up into a little ball and toss it in the alley. Except when math period ends Mrs. Price says, loud and in front of everybody, “Now, Rachel, that’s enough,” because she sees I’ve shoved the red sweater to the
tippy-tip corner of my desk and it’s hanging all over the edge like a waterfall, but I don’t care.
“Rachel, ”Mrs. Price says. She says it like she’s getting mad. “You put that sweater on right now and no more
nonsense.”
“But it’s not –“
“Now!” Mrs. Price says.
This is when I wish I wasn’t eleven because all the years inside of me—ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three,
two, and one—are pushing at the back of my eyes when I put one arm through one sleeve of the sweater that smells
like cottage cheese, and then the other arm through the other and stand there with my arms apart like if the sweater
hurts me and it does, all itchy and full of germs that aren’t even mine.
That’s when everything I’ve been holding in since this morning, since when Mrs. Price put the sweater on my desk,
finally lets go, and all of a sudden I’m crying in front of everybody. I wish I was invisible but I’m not. I’m eleven and
it’s my birthday today and I’m crying like I’m three in front of everybody. I put my head down on the desk and bury
my face in my stupid clown-sweater arms. My face all hot and spit coming out of my mouth because I can’t stop the
little animal noises from coming out of me until there aren’t any more tears left in my eyes, and it’s just my body
shaking like when you have the hiccups, and my whole head hurts like when you drink milk too fast.
But the worst part is right before the bell rings for lunch. That stupid Phyllis Lopez, who is even dumber than Sylvia
Saldivar, says she remembers the red sweater is hers. I take it off right away and give it to her, only Mrs. Price
pretends like everything’s okay.
Today I’m eleven. There’s a cake Mama’s making for tonight and when Papa comes home from work we’ll eat it.
There’ll be candles and presents and everybody will sing Happy birthday, happy birthday to you, Rachel, only it’s too
late.
I’m eleven today. I’m eleven, ten, nine, eight, seven, six, five, four, three, two, and one, but I wish I was one hundred
and two. I wish I was anything but eleven. Because I want today to be far away already, far away like a runaway
balloon, like a tiny o in the sky, so tiny—tiny you have to close your eyes to see it.

I might be crying

~Legends never die~ yeah

falling feather
falling feather
September 30, 2020 7:35 pm

ahhhhhhhhhh i had to read that story every year for some standardized test from 4th grade to 6th 😛

✧ epic pfp by goldi! ✧

October 1, 2020 1:17 am

That’s so good

I am the storm after the calm

September 30, 2020 9:17 pm

Soooooo…this isn’t really a Hug Page thing. If there was an Advice Page, this would be for that. But there isn’t, and if I put it at the Tavern, it would be buried in a snap. 😛
So whatever.

I have this friend, and we talk over email. We call each other best friends, starting when we met when we were about nine. Last time I saw her was several months ago and before that I hadn’t seen her in years. I don’t really feel like I know her. I want a deeper connection with her to I can really call her my best friend (I don’t have many friends anyway), because now, years later, I wouldn’t just throw around that phrase—and there’s no way I’m going to say “I don’t really feel like we’re best friends.” Because I want to be. But it’s kind of hard to be real friends with someone you didn’t see for years because they moved to a different co-op (that’s a homeschool group, which is where I met her. But she moved to one closer to her) and now Covid.
So as I said already, we use email. We used to do letters, and those were few and far between. So it’s quicker now, and fun. But we don’t really talk about stuff that I feel like is making me know her any better. I looked up “questions to form a deeper connection” but I think if I asked her “What do you think your purpose in life is?” or “What would you change about your past?” is kind of personal privacy…? I would love it if a trusted friend asked me that, but emphasis on the trusted. I don’t know about her.

I don’t know what kind of advice I expect, but it’s worth a shot. 😛

SrizelFTW

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
October 1, 2020 12:21 am

I understand how it feels to want to get to know someone better. I’ve felt that way a lot of times, often about people who I’ve almost never actually communicated with. So I might not have the best advice because I’m bad at starting conversations. 😛

Try telling her how you feel, but without making it sound like you’re not best friends. Something like, “I love talking with you and I’d really like to get to know you even better.”

You could also suggest some games like guessing things about each other or two truths and a lie.

October 1, 2020 1:37 am

Not the best with advice, but I’ll try.
I have friends too, that I talk over email. I’ll call her Caramelpaw, the one that I’m going to be talking about. Caramelpaw and I met in 2nd grade, and we were like the best of the best friends, but things kinda spiraled downward when I moved, and COVID came.. We have occasional sleepovers, so we were really close together, but when COVID came, we could only chat from email.. And I’m just so busy, with school, homework, extra work, etc. We haven’t chatted much often, and I feel like our relationship is breaking apart. I’m now in Japan, and we can’t have any playdates/sleepovers anymore.
But, our relationship did get better. We met once, before I got on a airplane, and we talked. We talked and talked and talked. We got as close as we once were. So maybe you could try talking to your friend?
Again, sorry, not the best with advice.

I am the storm after the calm

October 1, 2020 1:46 pm

Thanks :)) Like about random stuff? I could try that.

SrizelFTW

🍐A Pearfect Pear🍐
🍐A Pearfect Pear🍐
September 30, 2020 9:31 pm

can i have a hug im practically failing school

i may be pear but im not there

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
October 1, 2020 12:22 am

*Hugs*

Poppyspider (Poppypaw)
Poppyspider (Poppypaw)
October 1, 2020 12:33 am

*hugs tightly*

Diamondclaw's apprentice!

October 1, 2020 1:37 am

*hugssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss*
(I’m feeling like a snake right now)

I am the storm after the calm

October 1, 2020 8:53 am

*hugs*

FOR THE LOVE OF CAMELOT!

Stripekit
Stripekit
October 1, 2020 11:28 am

*hugs*

October 1, 2020 1:49 pm

*hugs* I’m sorry <33 Is there something that’s going on that’s making you have a hard time? You should talk to your mom or dad. *hugs* Sorry, I don’t have much experience with public/private school because I’m homeschooled. But I wish you luck <3

SrizelFTW

Poppyspider (Poppypaw)
Poppyspider (Poppypaw)
September 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Every single one of you is amazing,got it?
*aggressively hugs*

Diamondclaw's apprentice!

Anonymous
Anonymous
October 1, 2020 12:08 am

I really want to know my sexuality, but I can’t figure it out…
I’m straight sexuality (pretty sure), but I think I’m greyromantic, yet I can’t grasp the meaning of ‘romantic’. Is it wanting to go on dates? I don’t want to go on dates. I think. It would be more like two average/normal friends just going out for a snack (if you know what I mean). But is being romantic liking them and having your heart jump or similar when you’re around them? Which happens to me.

So what is the definition of romantic in an easy to understand way? What romantic orientation do I have if I don’t want to go on dates, but at the same time I like their personality?

Dovestream
Dovestream
October 1, 2020 1:39 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Typically, Romantic means your in love with that type of person.
*Hugs* I hope you figure it out <33

Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
October 1, 2020 7:43 am
Reply to  Anonymous

Romantic I think is where you like to be with them and feel some attraction but don’t really want to have a serious relationship
Does that help?

Silence will fall....

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 1, 2020 2:46 pm

Gonna correct something here: romantic can mean that you want a serious relationship. If anything, romantic tends to mean that you want a serious relationship with someone.

There’s no true definition for what it means to be romantic, but in my experience (as an aromantic watching people around me be in relationships), wanting romantic relationships tends to mean that you want to form a meaningful connection to them and aim to have a relationship where the both of you can trust the other deeply and be able to share intimate or personal things (and that you enjoy their company and want to be around them more (possibly for the rest of your life via marriage)). Right now, I identify as aromantic because I have little to no desire to have any kind of romantic relationship and I experience very little romantic attraction to others, but I can still like someone’s personality! I just… don’t want to marry them 😛 Or be in any of that complicated romance business 😛

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

Anonymous
Anonymous
October 1, 2020 11:11 pm

Ooh okay, that helped so much. Thanks! It makes sense now.

Crystalsight
Crystalsight
October 1, 2020 2:42 am

I really don’t know if to out this here but…here I go.
I was the first one to come out to my friends as Pan, and as a Demigirl, but I changed to Bigender.
Then, one of my friends came out as Bi. I was super excited. (Let’s call her Dovestream)

So I was going in a website, and there was an LGBT+ studio, were Dovestream said she liked one of her friends…And..I don’t know..I have another friend that’s Pan.(Let’s call her Briarmask)
And I think Briarmask likes me, ’cause you know…I’m Bigender so…I like her too.

What if Dovestream likes Briarmask or me? I REALLY don’t know whet to say…I’m super nervous. I need hugs.

Mentor-of-Gracepaw

October 1, 2020 6:04 am
Reply to  Crystalsight

*special hugs for mentor*

I am the storm after the calm

Stripekit
Stripekit
October 1, 2020 12:25 pm
Reply to  Crystalsight

*hugs*

Growl Of Leafeon In The Frosty Autumn Night (Leafpaw/growl)
Growl Of Leafeon In The Frosty Autumn Night (Leafpaw/growl)
October 1, 2020 2:54 am

I found blood on my cat like in that spot in front of their ears that has less hair then the rest of their body. It was tiny but almost gave me a heart attack. What if it doesnt heal? What if its something worse? What gave it to her? How did she get it? My heart rate it skyrocketing. She won’t let me clean it with a towel. What if she has covid? I heard that some tigers have been coughing. Tigers are cats. What if it HURTS! I’m so flipping nervous.

October 1, 2020 6:22 am

That’s so scary. You might need to wash your cat throughly, before washing yourself/whoever who touched the cat throughly, so you are taking measures not to catch COVID. If your cat starts to show some strange things, such as coughing or sneezing, you should take your cat to the vet, to be safe. I hope your cat doesn’t have COVID. *hugs*

I am the storm after the calm

Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
Blaze of Red Hellfire (Redblaze is preparing for Halloween)
October 1, 2020 7:44 am

She/he was probably just in a tiny fight. It’ll heal fine!

Silence will fall....

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch