The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630
Crisis Connections Teen Link (anonymous and confidential; USA): 866-833-6546

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

Notify of
Coldheart
Coldheart
October 23, 2020 2:45 am

Ow I read everyone’s comments and I really want to confess now. I have 2 very big things on my mind now.
I feel bad because me and Bookkit (call us the drawing team lol) love drawing cats and we already drawed a lot and I want to draw cats on here and have them put requests in and me and Bookkit will draw them. The problem is that me (mostly me) and Bookkit are scared no one will like them and that no one will want them because we can’t draw online only on blank paper and that looks weird. What do we do? And I have to go I’ll do the other problem later.

October 23, 2020 4:06 am
Reply to  Coldheart

Well, just take a picture of them on paper! I do that! I cant draw on tech, but if ya get a drawing tablet, it’s like drawing on paper!
See? I just use the link after posting them from pictures!

Leafeon that growls at dancing turkeys that steal her apple pie (Leafpaw/growl)
Leafeon that growls at dancing turkeys that steal her apple pie (Leafpaw/growl)
October 23, 2020 4:52 am
Reply to  Coldheart

First: Anxiety is terrible. Second: BlogClan is at least in the top three kindest and most supportive websites in the WORLD and would never say they don’t like something just because its drawn on paper. Many people draw on paper and I bet around more then twenty if not more BlogClanners would at least look at the drawings maybe not comment but probably like. Who cares if its squiggles or extremely super good, as long as you put heart, soul, mind, blood, sweat, tears, preferably not mental health but okay just put something that shows you care or worked hard on them. *puts on foam finger* Go for it! I hope this helped!

🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
🍁Pine Among Striped Autumn Leaves🍂 (Pinestripe)
October 23, 2020 5:17 am
Reply to  Coldheart

I’m sure people will like them! 😀 There’s nothing wrong with drawing on paper, I like drawing on paper, too.

Not everyone’s art style is the same, but everyone’s art style is beautiful in its own way. 🙂

Silverfeather
Silverfeather
October 23, 2020 8:37 am
Reply to  Coldheart

It’s ok! Lots of people draw on blank paper too!
It doesn’t matter if ut is online or on paper, it’s the drawing that counts. Don’t be shy to share your drawings with others, I’m sure they’ll like it.

Silverfeather
Silverfeather
October 23, 2020 8:37 am
Reply to  Coldheart

*it*

October 23, 2020 12:59 pm
Reply to  Coldheart

Heya Coldheart, traditional art on paper is an entirely valid art form !! Loads of artists on blogclan draw on paper instead of digitally, I know some prefer it to digital art. I’d love to see some of the art you and Bookkit make !! And I’m sure others would love to see it as well

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
October 23, 2020 2:29 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

ye!

October 23, 2020 2:38 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

Ye! I’d love to see your guys’ art!

Dove flying through Graveyard (Dovepaw)
Dove flying through Graveyard (Dovepaw)
October 23, 2020 2:31 pm
Reply to  Coldheart

Traditional art is great!!! It´s valid, just like online art. I´d love to see it 😀

Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
October 23, 2020 8:57 am

So uh… my friend, let’s call her Sparkkit.

Sparkkit (this is weird because her OC has a different name :P) is kind of emotionally abusive to me. She’s my closest friend, and I wouldn’t leave her. We both need to try and improve our relationship. It’s partly my fault.

She kind of expects me to always back her up, and she’s very outgoing and embarrassing in class. She’s also a bit self-centred. She’s also a tiny bit manipulative. Kinda clingy. Blames me for stuff sometimes.

Not in the exact words here, but she regards me as a teacher’s pet. (I’ll admit, I am one :(). She’s very judging of herself, and always compares herself to me and guilt-trips me all the time. For example, we had these global assessments called ICAS. I kept getting distinctions and high distinctions, and she went on about how amazing I was (in a kind of way that’s not very nice at all…)

She also has emotional outbursts. She’s emotionally immature. She’ll attack me (not too violent, but elbowing me into the desk and shouting). It’s really horrible, and she does it in front of the whole class, including kids in the year above us.

A kinda long-ish example:

Example
Today we had this Science and Engineering Challenge. I was in a group with Sparkkit, and my other friend. Us three argue quite often. There were a lot of arguments leading up to Sparkkit almost stabbing my other friend with the scissors. It was more an angry thing (it didn’t touch her hand but was near it), and she didn’t mean to harm anyone, but my other friend (Cherrykit?) lied to a teacher and said her hand hurt because of it, and Sparkkit was in a lot of trouble. Apparently there was a ‘mark’, but it was most likely a Henna tattoo people had been doing on Wednesday. So she lied to get Sparkkit in trouble, when there was no reason for her hand to hurt because of the incident.

I need advice. And I ask that it does not include ‘don’t be friends with her’.

This was really poorly written, sorry.

Blueheart
Blueheart
October 23, 2020 3:30 pm

Maybe, just try talking to her. She might just have a really low self-esteem and is lashing out. What she might need is a nice, long talk about how she’s hurting you, and trying to find the root of the problem.

Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
October 23, 2020 9:13 pm
Reply to  Blueheart

We did that a few weeks ago and she was fine, and now she says I was ‘shaming’ her. I literally talk to her to explain and she gets angry at me. 🙁
Thanks for the advice!

Blueheart
Blueheart
October 24, 2020 3:29 pm

Then maybe cut her off for a little while. Like, if she does something rude, just ignore her for the rest of the day so she can see what affects you?

Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
October 25, 2020 1:00 am
Reply to  Blueheart

I’ll try. Thanks again.

Riverstone
Riverstone
October 23, 2020 5:04 pm

Awww, I’m sorry, I have a friend like that. My friend is violent towards animals though. My friend only does this to get a reaction. If I ignore her she stops. This might not work with your friend, but it’s just a little advice. hope you figure it out.
-Riverstone

Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
October 23, 2020 9:13 pm
Reply to  Riverstone

Thanks, I’ll try it <3

October 23, 2020 7:12 pm

Aw Fernkit! I’m sorry I cant help you! I don’t know how I could but I can give you hugs!
*hugs times 10000* <333
I hope this gets better. I cant relate all the way, some of my friends' siblings are jerks, but that isn't related.
-Briar who tries her best

Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
Fernkit • Spring Fern that Bends in the Breeze
October 23, 2020 9:13 pm

Thank you. 🙂

October 23, 2020 7:09 pm

AH TIME FOR A LATE QUOTE!
Quote 1 for October 23 2020!

“Sometimes you just need top corner what is gone, appreciate what still remains, and look forward top what’s coming next.”

Rosekit/shadow
Rosekit/shadow
October 23, 2020 8:28 pm

I love these quotes! They’re so nice(me saying nice because i don’t know how to spell insperational)

October 23, 2020 8:43 pm
Reply to  Rosekit/shadow

Here! Its spelt “inspirational”. No worries! I don’t know how to spell things either! 😛

Rosekit/shadow
Rosekit/shadow
October 24, 2020 3:38 pm

lol thanks 😝

Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
October 24, 2020 2:12 am
Reply to  Rosekit/shadow

Same here <3

Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
October 24, 2020 2:13 am
Reply to  Rosekit/shadow

Sorry if my name is weird. I meant mentor, not men

Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
October 23, 2020 9:36 pm

❤️
Play To Win

October 24, 2020 2:05 am

So uh
This is gonna sound crazy but uh
I hear clocks ticking in the middle of the night when no clocks are there, and I hear ethereal, like, not even humanly alike, mumbling
I dont k how if I’m going crazy and I should get a therapist to talk about it to or if I’m just extra and deprived of sleep
It’s actually scaring me, like, when I can make out these voices, they’re not talking very nice, like, talkin death and I try to block it out
I’m actually scared, I ain’t scared by things easily but this scares me to the moon and back

Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
October 24, 2020 2:17 am

It’s okay, everyone has stages in their life where they keep hearing things.
They always go away at some point, so don’t be scared.
Try discussing it with your parents or try to ignore it.

Hugs *times 1000*

October 24, 2020 2:54 am

Thank you!

Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
Silverfeather who is trying very hard to get a men
October 24, 2020 2:18 am

Oops, I forgot to change my name, I meant mentor, not men.

October 24, 2020 12:43 pm

I’d say talk to someone about it Briar, I’m sorry I don’t have much other advice to offer, but I’m sending lots of hugs

October 24, 2020 5:19 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

Thank you! <3

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 24, 2020 6:50 pm

That sounds…ugly. I’m sorry you’re going through that 🙁 Now, I’m just going to get straight to the point-here’s my advice-

1. You ARE NOT going crazy. If these experiences are real to you, then they are real. Period.
  2. I definitely recommend talking to someone about this.
  3. Like dude, trust me, I’ve had my fair share of scary experiences. Not as scary as that but yeah. This one time, I was sleeping out on the couch, when I thought I saw what looked like an old piece of rat carcass, (it was just it’s head and spine) hopping towards me, a look of murder in it’s eyes. And the next morning I discovered some rotten meat where I’d saw it so….
  4. What have you tried to do in attempt to cope with this so far? Are you looking after you’re own health? If not, then do so-eat plenty of vegetables, drink water, get enough exercise etc etc. Have you tried to figure out the cause? Maybe you saw a certain horror movie, read a certain book? I know that kind of thing, is usually associated with nightmares but something makes me wonder…or maybe you’ve had a bad past experience regarding clocks (yeah, I know, a bad experience other then school, and getting homework done on time)? If the answer is yes, then maybe try writing or journaling about that experience? Speaking of which, I suggest writing about the ticking clock sounds, and everything the voices are saying on a sheet of paper. Either way, don’t spend all day thinking about it <3 That’s probably going to make it worse, and, you should devote more time doing things (ie a hot bath, meditation, reading) to calming yourself.

I hope this helps
-Loner

October 24, 2020 8:00 pm

Thank you Loner! To answer your question, I’ve actually never been afraid of anything that relates to books or shows or fables.

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 24, 2020 10:41 pm

Your welcome ^^

October 24, 2020 8:03 pm

I’ve been taking care of myself, eating healthy, mental health days, meditation..
It only happens at night though. And if I feel as though they are real, doesn’t that mean they are real because of the theory that if the belief is strong enough, psychological abilities makes it manifest itself? But yes, actually just last night, I was one of em. They looked.. disturbing. Thanks for your advice! <333

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 24, 2020 10:42 pm

Good to hear that you’re taking care of yourself, and your welcome ^^

October 24, 2020 8:05 pm

Also, never been too good at journaling, it usually comes out on paper like a poem or music arrangements. I cant recall any bad experiences including ethereal things or clocks ticking. I’ll do my best not to think too much bout it tho!
Sry for the multiple replies, I was worried it would get swallowed up by the spam monster.

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 24, 2020 10:43 pm

Well, the only way to get better at journaling, is to journal 🙂 That’s totally relatable 🙂

Riverstone
Riverstone
October 25, 2020 11:49 pm

Awww, it’s okay briarpaw, If something scares me in the middle of the night I go find my cat, and that helps me. Maybe if you have a dog or cat you could go and pet it.
*Hugs*

October 26, 2020 1:36 am
Reply to  Riverstone

Thanks Riverstone! My dog and cat sadly live with my aunt now cuz of school and my sis ain’t too good with animals, so I end up reading until I fall asleep. Thanks for the hugs! <33

October 24, 2020 3:17 pm

Quote 1 for October 24 2020!

“POSITIVE THINKING is not only about EXPECTING the best to happen… But it is also about ACCEPTING whatever happens is for the BEST. Good morning.”

Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
October 24, 2020 8:08 pm

ARRRRGH I’M SO MAD RIGHT NOW.
So I’ve been wanting to go to this really good high school, right? It’s tuition free, and it’s got everything that I want to do when I get older: voice classes, theatre classes, and creative writing. (It’s a school for the fine arts.) It’s also a boarding school – for seventh through 12th grades. So I could go this year. And get away from my brothers, who drive me to a point of insanity.
But thing is, it’s four hours away.
My mom doesn’t like that. And no matter what I do to try and convince her, she’s stuck on ‘no’ as her answer. And that sucks. She keeps saying that there’s other options out there that we could do, but as far as I can see, this school is the only way forward for me. I mean, I’m basically a nobody, who’s parents are so strict that no is, like, 89% of their answers. And this school…oh man, it’s like a dream school. It’s got everything I need there, and since there aren’t any schools like that that are closer (my top two preferances of school: 1. boarding, 2. fine arts; this school is both).
Thanks for letting me vent. Hugs and advice are appreciated.

Rosekit/shadow
Rosekit/shadow
October 24, 2020 8:33 pm

YOU WILL GET ALL THE HUGS IN THE WORLD (yikes that sounded weird)
*hugs*

Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
October 26, 2020 6:25 pm
Reply to  Rosekit/shadow

thnx Rose.

Dove flying over graveyard
Dove flying over graveyard
October 24, 2020 8:46 pm

*Hugs!*
Im sorry to hear that, i dont have much good advice, but i hope everything works out!

Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
October 26, 2020 6:25 pm

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
October 24, 2020 9:00 pm

huggles

October 24, 2020 9:42 pm

Oh jeez..
I got the same problem..
I’m stuck in just an advanced school when I have the ability to go to Embry Riddle for my school classes because I’m excelling, and Embry Riddle has things I love, engineering, technological development, wrestling, rugby, and I could go on. That’s a dream school as well for me! Just hold on to your dream! Dont let it go! Find good arguments and find a way to convince your parents! If I can convince my parents (who wanted me to stay in a low level school,but I won the argument yo get into my current school), you can convince yours! Take the key parts of their argument and unravel their argument!I hope this helped! *hugs times 1000* <333
– Bri be doin her best

Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
Silver Fish Who's Starting To Hibernate (Silverpaw/fin)
October 26, 2020 6:26 pm

Okay, thank u Briar 🙂 this is really good advice

October 26, 2020 8:09 pm

No problem! I hope it works out!
And I realized I sounded like a logic teacher at the end lol

Silverfeather who is trying to get a mentor
Silverfeather who is trying to get a mentor
October 25, 2020 1:58 am

Well, I don’t have any advice, but I can give you a warm hug 😊

Icy Dew on Fallen Leaves (Icepelt/paw)
Icy Dew on Fallen Leaves (Icepelt/paw)
October 25, 2020 1:10 am

I’m so mad at my dad right now. Yesterday he bought a cage for my cat to live in. My cat had to move out of her room, into the tiny cage that she obviously hates. She obviously misses her room, and keeps going back to it. There’s a ladder going from one ‘floor’ to another, but my cat can basically jump onto and off the top floor from the ground. My dad insisted on putting her nest at the top ‘floor’ of her cage and the cat basically knocked it over. The blanket on top of it fell into her water bowl and soaked up all the water. At night it still wasn’t dry and the cat was cold for the whole night. Now she has zero privacy, and I can’t even play with her alone anywhere apart from my room where she isn’t allowed to go in since she hasn’t been vaccinated yet. 🙁

Poppypaw (Poppysky)
Poppypaw (Poppysky)
October 25, 2020 1:45 am

When do you think she will be vaccinated? If that’s the issue,try and convince your parents to get her vaccinated soon. If not,maybe try to convince your dad that there are better ways to keep her contained. *hugs*

🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
🔥▂▃▄▅▆▇█▓▒░Pebblepaw░▒▓█▇▆▅▄▃▂ 🔥 (aka Peb, the Gender-Bias Battler)
October 25, 2020 3:34 pm

…..what??? Why would he do that? Is it for a specific reason?

October 25, 2020 3:52 pm

*hugs times 1000*
I wish I could help, but I’ve no advice aside from taking the core beliefs of your parents’ argument and then unraveling it. If you poke at those core beliefs for not giving her the vaccinations, then you’ll be easier able to convince with your argument as long as it’s well put together. (Oh gosh, I sound like a logic class teacher)
I hope this helped! <333

-Bri's doin what she can

Leafeon that growls at dancing turkeys that steal her apple pie (Leafpaw/growl)
Leafeon that growls at dancing turkeys that steal her apple pie (Leafpaw/growl)
October 25, 2020 3:34 pm

I’m so fluffing mad at people right now. Why do people have to be annoying over tiny little things. “Oh, well it’s not my fault you walked your dogs in front of where I was oh very clearly running.” Long story short: I was walking my dogs with my dad and this lady came around a corner and almost ran into my fat dog then blamed it on us. Then later as I tried to de-stress over everything in this almost literally going up in flames world, I joined a warrior cats game. I joined a clan. Everything seemed fine. Then two rogues walked into the camp, and wanted to join and you know what the leader did? She voided them. Completely! So as the only person who liked drama, action or at least entertainment other then sitting around, I engaged in a conversation. Then some random cat walks over to me and declares I am no longer part of the role-play just because I didn’t obey the leader’s rule. Everyone didn’t care and I continued talking. A few minutes later I was talking with someone else and the same person paces over my character like I’m not even there! Then she switches into a stretch animation right IN MY FACE. So all I can see is her fluffy butt. Then after I confronted her she said it was lag then pretended to not know what she very clearly did and says “OH IT WAS LAG XDD!” Like it was some kind of joke. Then complains how I was annoying her. I get that I’m annoying sometimes, but if someone ever complained about it I would calm down. Here I was just TALKING! She comes over and apologizes “OH SORRY ABOUT THAT XD!” I recite my personal code that I took from a TV show: Rule (I keep forgetting): Never accept an apology from someone who just sucker punched you. Or in my case: Never accept a not even baked apology from someone who just shoved their butt in your face. I get different countries have different lengths where you stand apart from each other but this was, RIGHT, IN. MY. FACE! She laughs at the personal code I live by and continues to bad-mouth me. UGH, I wish people could be kinder or less annoying or somehow in someway have a shred of decency and by polite about it! Sorry about by vent-rant.

♥️Singin' in the Rain/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️
♥️Singin' in the Rain/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️
October 25, 2020 5:53 pm

yeah, sometimes humans are just annoying little pieces of fuzz. hope you feel better
*huggg*

October 26, 2020 1:55 am

Aw jeez, roleplayers are kinda mean…
At least, ones I’ve been in (not in blogclan cuz yall are FANTASTIC)
Dont listen to em! Find a different group to rp with! If they fluffing bad mouth ya and annoy ya to check, then get outta there! They ain’t the kind of people you need to associate with! Dont worry about venting! Everyone needs to, even me! (hard to believe when I’m so upbeat bout everything, huh?). Blowing off steam is totally amazing for your mental health! Hope this helped! <333
*hugs*

– Bri who’s doin this as she’s very tired, but helpin cuz YESH

October 25, 2020 3:35 pm

Guys, i feel like i have to vent right now;
So, me and my parents were eating dinner last night, and the topic of LGBTQ+ came up. My dad had said since we were Christians, we don´t support LGBTQ+. But, before I knew that, I supported them because they are people, like me and my parents. I tried to tell them that, but they wouldn´t listen. I want to still be a christian and support the LGBTQ+. Im sorry if this makes some of you mad at me. I just thought someone could help me. I dont know what to do or believe, but i still wanna keep my religion. Please help :[

🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
October 25, 2020 5:03 pm

I’m so sorry, Dove, that must have been a really uncomfortable conversation <3 Though there are some people that use their religion as an excuse to not accept others, many Christians support the LGBTQ+ community! In fact, there are quite a few LGBTQ-friendly churches that function as a sort of sanctuary for queer Christians. I'm no expert on the Bible, so I'd suggest you start doing some research on this topic, but I know one of the core values of Christians is to treat others the way you want to be treated. I know it must be hard to try and follow exactly what the Bible says when some people use it for malicious purposes, but just remember that no matter what race, religion, or sexuality anyone is, they should be treated with respect and shouldn't be pressured to fit into one specific mold. Again, I suggest you start doing some research into pro-LGBTQ Christian values and try and have a mature conversation with your parents about it, if you want <3

October 25, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks Cheetah, i really appreciate it <3

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
October 25, 2020 5:09 pm

Aww, i’m so sorry Dove! That’s completely okay. <3 I know the topic of trying to fit religion and LGBTQ+ support together seamlessly can often trip people up. I'm somewhat short on advice, and for that I'm sorry; my surest advice is that what you said in chat a couple days ago should still hold true. If you believe that God said that we should all love one another, then there is seemingly no issue with giving support to the people around you. It's okay to be both a Christian and a support of the LGBTQ+ community, and I'm happy to have you as an ally. <3

October 25, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you, Viper. I appreciate it <3

❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
❄️🐍Viper In The Box; Worst Restaurant Chain🐍❄️
October 25, 2020 6:22 pm

<333

October 25, 2020 5:26 pm

I’m sorry you had to deal with that Dove, I’m not religious myself, however being in the LGBTQ community I have actually found out a lot of reasons why people can be Christian and support LGBTQ people via seeing other people debate what the Bible actually says
So from my knowledge, there is one verse in the bible that appears to condemn homosexuality. However, this verse was actually wrongly translated, it was initially meant to be speaking about another issue (which I can’t mention on the blog), but after many years and multiple translations of the Bible it was actually changed in translation. That new version then began to circulate and people thought the Bible condemned that instead of the previous issue it had been speaking on.
Again, I’m not religious but if God says to love everyone, then why should LGBTQ people be excluded from that based on something that they can’t control ? And I think the answer is that it wasn’t always treated like a sin or a bad thing to do. This mistranslation became so commonly accepted as it’s been around for years, that some people take it as a fact that they can’t support LGBTQ+ people
Some Christians are actually LGBTQ+ themselves, so it is ABSOLUTELY something that Christians can support, in fact I’d say in present society it is very common for Christians to support the LGBTQ+ community. I don’t know enough to say that the majority of them do, but my guess would be that it was the majority.
Again what everyone else said is true – absolutely do your own research into pro-LGBTQ Christians and hear their viewpoint on everything, it might really help you. But overall, you can absolutely keep your religion and still be a supporter of the LGBTQ+ community !!!!!

October 25, 2020 6:11 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

October 25, 2020 6:18 pm

You’re welcome, I’m here to talk anytime if you need me <3333

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
October 25, 2020 7:20 pm

I believe Christians not supporting LGBT+ is due to a simple mistranslation of the bible! You can totally be Christian and support LGBT+ at the same time!

October 25, 2020 7:49 pm

Thanks redblaze 😀

Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
October 25, 2020 7:56 pm

You can totally be Christian and support LGBTQ+ people!
One of my IRL friends is Christian, and she was totally cool when I came out to her as lesbian. 🙂
*hugs*
Play To Win

Riverstone
Riverstone
October 25, 2020 11:57 pm

You can still support LGBTQ+ I’m a christian and I support them, and if you feel like your parents are in the wrong you don’t have to support them, however; don’t be rude to them about it, because they are still your parents.

Cinders That Emerge From Thanksgiving Turkey ~ Cindy
Cinderpaw ~ Cindy
October 25, 2020 6:30 pm

So, I’ve made posts about this before.

I think I’ve had a crush on one of the girls at my school.
I’ve also had crushes on boys, as well.
I’m not sure if I’m bisexual or not.
Every time I think about it, it makes me feel weird and yucky.
And lonely and ugly. Please help,

The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
The Masked Tterror (Shatteredmask)
October 25, 2020 6:39 pm

hugsssss

Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
Blaze of Red Hearth Fire (Redblaze is preparing for winter)
October 25, 2020 7:21 pm

You’re not ugly! It really doesn’t matter what sexuality you are.

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
October 25, 2020 7:52 pm

heya, i totally get where you’re coming from since i felt like that too a few years back. what really helped me was just completely ignoring any labels and doing whatever i wanted, it helped with getting rid of any negative connotations that came with labels that i didn’t like. On the other hand, something else if you would still like to identify under a label – there are other options other than bisexual 🙂 personally i like sapphic or omnisexual, but there’s also pansexual, polysexual, and a lot of others (i’m not familiar with all of them ;P ).
but really, bottom line is find whatever makes you not feel yucky. because this stuff is all for you anyway, so it really shouldn’t matter what everyone is doing.
also although the “lonely and ugly” thing is an absolute mood, it’s absolutely not true. it takes a while to come to terms with this, but prettiness is just a concept. maybe you’re just not your own type, but i assure you you’re beautiful <3 and anyway, you’re an amazing person and there’s so much more to you than what’s on the outside 💕
can’t help you out much with the lonely part tho, i’m also feeling really lonely. i can be lonely with you if that helps? 😛 hugs, love ya Cindy ❤️❤️

Cinders That Emerge From Thanksgiving Turkey ~ Cindy
Cinderpaw ~ Cindy
October 25, 2020 10:31 pm

i just looked up pan and i think it’s for me
i’ll keep you posted 💖

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
October 26, 2020 8:11 pm

yayy that’s wonderful, np Cindy 💞

Poppypaw (Poppysky)
Poppypaw (Poppysky)
October 26, 2020 2:12 am

Very unrelated but what is Omnisexual?

Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
Rainshine 🌸 Rainie
October 26, 2020 8:09 pm

it’s where you like all genders, but unlike pansexual where gender doesn’t play a factor in attraction, for omnisexual gender does affect the attraction. uhh if that makes sense 😛

October 25, 2020 8:13 pm

Heya, you are entirely valid if you are LGBTQ+ !!!
Bisexual isn’t the only label for people attracted to boys and girls, there’s omnisexual (attraction to all genders but not genderblind), pansexual (attraction to all genders, often doesnt care about gender) and polysexual (attraction to many but not all genders)
Of course, identify with WHATEVER feels comfortable for you. Identity isn’t something you should force yourself into, it’s a way of expressing yourself. You could even go without labels if you wanted to ! Don’t rush yourself in working this out, figuring sexuality out can take a lot of time and you shouldn’t feel like you HAVE to know for sure now

Riverstone
Riverstone
October 26, 2020 12:00 am

Awww, I’m sorry you feel this way cinderpaw, you’re not weird, yucky, lonely, or ugly. in fact, your the exact opposite!

October 25, 2020 7:31 pm

Hi guys!!!
Just wanted to give an update that now, thanks to all of you who replied, I know what to do. Thank you to Maple, Cheetah, and Viper <33333
Im gonna still be a christian and support the LGBTQ+ community 😀
So, for everyone part of that community, I fully love and support you <3333

˜”*°•.˜”*°•(Goldenbee) •°*”˜.•°*”˜
October 25, 2020 8:10 pm

Yay!

October 25, 2020 8:13 pm

You’re awesome Dove I’m so glad I could help <333333

October 25, 2020 10:39 pm

I’m so glad! LGBTQ+ 100% appreciates all support possible! Love ya dove! <3333333333333333333

Cold Frost On Diamond Crystal Who Is Eating Pies Right Now (Frostcrystal, call me Frost)
October 25, 2020 11:03 pm

Same, I’m christian but still support them too, 🙂

🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
🍂 Cheetahspark 🍂
October 26, 2020 1:22 am

I’m really happy I could help! and you can talk to me any time if you have anything else you may need help with or if you just need a hug <3

♥️Singin' in the Rain/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️
♥️Singin' in the Rain/Rainsong (Rainyyy)♥️
October 26, 2020 2:11 am

<33333

Mink That Dances With Skeletons (Minktail)
Mink That Dances With Skeletons (Minktail)
October 25, 2020 9:50 pm

Hey, y’all- I’m kinda in need of a hug, or advice, or something. I’m just at a loss

Not a spoiler, just long
All of my history and math assignments that I turned in were just marked as zeroes in the grade-book website that my school uses, and first thing this morning when I woke up, my dad started yelling at me about them. He told me that if my grades aren’t up by Christmas break, I’m going to be home-schooled, and that I literally won’t be able to have any contact with my friends/family.

Basically, they’re threatening complete social cutoff if I don’t get it together. They don’t believe a word I say, constantly call me a liar and a failure, and then they mock me when I tell them that the reason I don’t want to come out of my room very often on the weekends is because I feel constantly stressed, anxious, and depressed whenever I’m around them. My mom just forced me out of the living room, telling me she doesn’t even want to look at me and that she doesn’t want to be in the same room as me. I’m sitting in the kitchen and just shaking because I don’t know how much more of this I can handle.

I don’t want to lose my friends any more than I already have. I don’t have a driver’s license, plus my mom broke my phone and slashed my bike tires a few weeks ago, so there’s no way I can contact or visit my friends. The computer I’m currently using is a school computer, so social media sites and instant messaging platforms are all blocked (apart from BlogClan, which went under the radar due to the “.uk” address). The only way I get to see my friends is at school, and I don’t know what I’d do if that was taken away from me.

Thanks for listening, if you did. I’m sorry to just go on a vent there- I don’t usually open up about a bunch of this stuff. Cookies for all y’all (::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)(::)

Icy Dew on Fallen Leaves (Icepelt/paw)
Icy Dew on Fallen Leaves (Icepelt/paw)
October 26, 2020 12:22 pm

*hugs* I’m sorry about how your parents are treating you. Maybe tell them that you’ve tried your hardest, or that you’re feeling stressed. I don’t have much good advice, but I hope things work out <3

Morncloud
Morncloud
October 25, 2020 10:34 pm

Hello, I’m commenting under a name different to my own on here because I want to stay anonymous as I find the following topic embarrassing, but my avatar might show up on this comment anyway because of the email that I use.

Now, let’s get to the problem:

I want a relationship, but not right now because I want to focus on my studies first, I’m not in the right mental state for one and I think that I’m emotionally unavailable.

The thing is that I keep thinking and fantasizing about being in a relationship every evening or night, and now I even sleep with a teddy bear, imagining that I’m cuddling someone who cares about me.

I seem to focus on the good parts of a relationship: the butterflies, joy and caring for one another, but I forget or don’t acknowledge that sometimes relationships aren’t all smooth sailing, especially if it’s a long distance one. Partners argue with each other if they both don’t agree on the same thing sometimes, and that’s healthy for a relationship because it’s better to express your emotions and opinions than to bottle them all up and not let your partner know.

Relationships require a lot of effort, care and trust to work, but I don’t seem to really care about that; I only want the good parts of one, not the rest.

It’s probably because I’ve never been in a relationship before and I’m wondering what’s it’s all like based on what I’ve heard and seen, but I’m afraid this will affect my love life in the future.

I seem to crave someone who shares similar interests to me and loves me for who I am, because everyone around me doesn’t share any of my interests, and I want someone to talk to about the things that I like.

I know that my partner does not have to share all of my interests and the person who shares my interests doesn’t have to be in a relationship with me, because it’s good to have friends who like the same things that I do.

I could look online for people with similar interests in things like music and video games, but I’m too afraid to do that and I have some sort of stigma with and dislike for social media in general.

I’ve joined some societies related to my interests at the place I’m studying at, but with lockdown restrictions where I am, I’m afraid that I won’t be able to go to them and I haven’t gotten any emails about my societies.

Before I wrote this comment, I was watching videos about dating and crushes and I read a comment about having a crush on someone who is ’emotionally unavailable’. I wanted to know what that means so I understand the signs in case I ever have a crush on someone emotionally unavailable, so I watched a video about signs that someone is unavailable emotionally.

Turns out that I didn’t need to look out for the signs in someone else, because I am already displaying all the signs!

I have no idea how to see a situation in someone else’s perspective, and I don’t know how to express my emotions or talk with someone else about them. The reason could be having Autism, but I seem to relate and agree with all of the points.

I know that I’m not ready for a relationship yet and I need to work on myself first, but I feel like I can’t become a better version of myself because I’m stuck in a vicious cycle of positive and negative emotions.

• Falling Red Autumn Leaf