The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630
Crisis Connections Teen Link (anonymous and confidential; USA): 866-833-6546

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

Apple is Obsessed with Sanders Sides (Maplekit/shine, aka Apple)
Apple is Obsessed with Sanders Sides (Maplekit/shine, aka Apple)
October 27, 2020 10:19 pm

Hi everyone… so, recently I have felt sort of like I could be biromantic or bisexual. Or maybe biromantic and heterosexual, I don’t know yet. First of all, if you don’t know what bisexual means, it means you can be sexually attracted to people of all genders. And biromantic means you can be ROMANTICALLY attracted to people of all genders. If you want to know the difference between romantic and sexual, to quote some person on the tavern once, I forget who, that’s not really a blog-friendly topic. And heterosexual means that you can only be sexually attracted to people of the opposite sex. But that only applies to males and females, because there is no opposite sex for people who use different pronouns than that.
Anyway, I haven’t felt attracted to anyone yet, so I can’t prove this theory, but I just feel like gender couldn’t separate me from someone I love. And I do want to tell the people I love about it eventually, as soon as I can confirm that it’s how I feel. But… when I do tell them, I’m not sure how they’re going to react. I know my friends will support me, and my parents aren’t against LGBTQIA+ at all, but… I don’t know about some other people I love. And even people I’m not close to. How will they react? I’m just worried that some people won’t support me. I don’t know the beliefs of every single person I know. And I certainly don’t know the beliefs of people I DON’T know. I know that coming out is supposed to be something you do with pride, but I’m scared. And I know I’m not even going to come out until I’m certain about my romantic interests. And if I end up right, I’m not sure if I’ll be bisexual or biromantic and heterosexual. I don’t really need to think about that for awhile, now that I think about it, so let’s just say I would be biromantic.
I haven’t come for hugs so much as… advice. Should I come out, and if so when? Should I be as scared as I am? hugs are also accepted btw

October 28, 2020 12:45 am

*hugs* (because who doesn’t like hugs)

I’ve honestly never related to something more in my life. I really haven’t said anything online about it including the blog but yeah I’m also very confused about my sexuality. I’ve thought I was bi, i’ve thought i was straight, i’ve thought biromantic heterosexual, heteromantic bisexual- the works.

The truth is there’s never a time limit to decide who you are, and heck you don’t ever have to decide. Just do was makes you happy. I’ve met people who have never come out or labelled themselves and they just date and love who they love 🙂 Don’t feel like you need to think about this until you come to a decision- because I’ve been there, and after awhile it can really hurt you mentally. You can’t sleep until you make a decision. You can’t have a crush if they don’t fall into your “current label.” You won’t just magically find out the answer one day, so the best you can do is live your life however you please, loving whoever you please.

As for people supporting you- some people won’t. Some people will. If they love you they’ll love you no matter who you are. It’s scary, I know. But like I said, you don’t have to be open with everyone. And the people who you aren’t close with- what they think doesn’t really matter quite as much. They have no control over your life or any right to judge you.

It’s completely natural to be scared, but I do suggest that you don’t come out until you are 100% sure. Take it from someone who’s been there, taking you coming out back is a pretty awkward experience.

I don’t know if any of this helped but, just know we’re all here for you 🙂

October 28, 2020 12:48 am

I don’t have any advice, unfortunately, but I can give you a hug. Hugs *times 1000*

October 28, 2020 1:10 am

Maybe wait till you fall in like to decide, other than that, I have no advice since I’m not really at a romantic age 🙂 <3

Apple is Obsessed with Sanders Sides (Maplekit/shine, aka Apple)
Apple is Obsessed with Sanders Sides (Maplekit/shine, aka Apple)
October 28, 2020 1:38 am

I mean neither am I, but I still feel like I might be in future. Thanks for the advice <3

Poppypaw (Poppysky)
Poppypaw (Poppysky)
October 28, 2020 2:15 am

Slightly correcting your description of Bisexual. Bisexual means you attracted to both men and women. Pansexual is when your attracted to all genders.

If you would date someone regardless or gender,you might be pansexual. And you don’t have to come out to your parents and friends if you don’t want to,I learned this recently. If you do end up being something other than straight,every one on Blogclan will support you. I hope you figure out your sexuality soon! *Hugs*

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 28, 2020 3:04 am

Although, some descriptions of bisexuality state that you’re attracted to two genders in general, not just the binary genders!

October 28, 2020 8:53 am

I’d say that most commonly used description of bisexual that I agree with is that bisexual is the attraction to two or more genders !! It can be all, it can be only 2 !!

Poppypaw (Poppysky)
Poppypaw (Poppysky)
October 28, 2020 1:03 pm

Thank you for correcting me!

October 28, 2020 8:53 am

I’d direct you over to my reply to embix – some bisexual people are attracted to enbies !!

October 28, 2020 8:52 am

Heya !! Demi girl lesbian who has had to come out multiple times here !! Coming out is scary, I’m not going to tell you otherwise because even now coming out to people can be terrifying for me. My friend describes it as spicy fear 😛
However I’d just say to you that you don’t have to come out if you don’t want to or if you aren’t ready. Some people you might never tell ! For me there’s certain people who I won’t come out to because I’m aware of their homophobic views and I’m not willing to put myself through that
Also don’t rush into figuring out your sexuality ! Take it as slowly or as quickly as you like and feel free to try out different labels to see how they fit you. If one doesn’t feel quite right, then don’t use it and try and find another. When i was still figuring myself out I identified as bisexual, queer, polysexual and some other label that I’ve now forgotten. Even know I’m still questioning things about my sexuality !!!!
As Ebay said – there’s not time limit to figuring out how you are, and sexuality can be fluid. Labels can change, you might not even want to pick a label for yourself, you can just be you
There’s no shame in choosing a label and then deciding that label doesn’t feel right, even if it’s after years of using it !
I hope this helped and just know whether you are bi or not you are incredibly valid !!!

October 28, 2020 5:09 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

Thanks!

October 28, 2020 6:19 pm

(I know you were talking to Maple, but can I use this advice?)

October 28, 2020 7:55 pm

You can absolutely use this advice !! If you have any more questions or need advice on LGBTQ+ topics feel free to ask me, I know a lot about identities and stuff

October 28, 2020 10:14 am

Actually I believe Pansexual is attracted to all genders while bi is just male and female.

If you don’t want to come out then you dint have to! But if you do then you should,

October 28, 2020 5:28 pm

Bi isn’t just male and female !! Bisexual is the attraction to two or more genders, it can just be male and female but I know some bi people would also date enbies

Birchfoot
Birchfoot
October 28, 2020 10:20 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

labels tend to overlap with each other, especially bisexual and pansexual; people gravitate to different labels for various reasons, so there’s almost definitely some people who identify as bi for the same reasons as someone else identifies as pan, and both are equally valid 🙂

orientation is super fluid and there’s a lot of different histories and connotations for both terms, so it’s difficult and often reductive to try and pinpoint very specific differences between the two, because it’s often a very personal experience^^

hope that makes sense the tldr is both bi and pan are valid labels and both include trans and nb people

October 29, 2020 10:02 am
Reply to  Mapledrift

Ah ok thanks Map

Anonymous
Anonymous
October 30, 2020 8:55 pm

I think you should come out, don’t be afraid. Talk with your family and the people you trust and they’ll give you advice, but you make a decision, so, be safe and best of luck!

cinnamonpaw
cinnamonpaw
November 2, 2020 8:33 pm

As a person who has had the exact same problem, i have not that much, but a little advice. Im bisexual, and trust me,my parents would FREAK. OUT. There very homophobic, and I haven’t told anyone except my cousin cause were both bi. I know my family wouldn’t accept me, but think about yours.Dont worry about what anyone else thinks about you. Be confident, and be proud of your pride. I will come out when i’m probably older, but don’t feel scared. And don’t worry, alot of us LGBTQ people are scared when they come out, and some are not scared. Sending a million+ hugs 😀 ♥

Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
October 28, 2020 3:04 pm

This isnt a big a problem but I have a question. So I take art as an elective and we are doing inktober for a big assignment and so my classmate she was doing it virtually (she drew hers on a tablet) . Hers were really good but then I realized she traced or referenced from a drawing app. So I told the teacher and I’m scared I made the wrong decision..

October 28, 2020 5:10 pm

No you definitely made the right decision! Even if in the short-term is might her her grades and upset her, in the long-term she’ll be able to improve her skills on her own, and not just improve her tracing skills 🙂 I had a bad habit of tracing as well, and it took quite a while to get out of it, so you only helped her get rid of a nasty habit.

Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
October 28, 2020 5:15 pm

It’s okay! Don’t worry. I know plenty of times I’ve done this, and you made the right decision, I hope you friend won’t take it on you,the teacher won’t even tell her it was you

October 28, 2020 5:15 pm

I know how that feels, but I think you made the right desicion, she shouldn’t cheat herself or her teacher. I’m sure that your friend is a lovely person though! If it keeps nagging you, you might want to apologize. 🙂 <3 HUGSSSSS

Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
October 28, 2020 5:41 pm

Thanks everyone <3 Everyone here is so kind it makes me happy 🙂 I figured out what I am gonna do to feel better about it.

October 29, 2020 7:23 am

No, you definitely made the right decision. You did the right thing and the person who cheated needs to know what she did wrong. Even if she’s noy getting good scores, she should practice and learn on her own.

Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
October 28, 2020 3:58 pm

My grandpa is in the hospital because he had an allergic reaction, but they found kidney stones again! My friends who has asthma has COVID, my friend’s dad who doesn’t have a spleen, (it’s what fights grams and viruses) also has COVID. And on top of that, my great great grandma has cancer for the 6th time. This is terrible. And it’s the day after a loved one died. I’m just hoping that’s the last of them. But I don’t even know what hope is anymore…

October 28, 2020 5:11 pm

I’m so sorry :c *hugs*

October 28, 2020 5:12 pm

That sucks! A book with a similar situation is Because of Mr. Terupt, maybe you should read it? I’m so sorry! *HUGS x INFINITY* <3

Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
Wolves that howl at moon at night (Nightpaw)
October 28, 2020 5:28 pm

I’ve read that book before

October 28, 2020 7:50 pm

Cool! Hope you feel better!

Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
Speckled leaf on pumpkin (speckleleaf/paw)
October 28, 2020 5:51 pm

I am so sorry this is happening! I have never been through anything like this and cant imagine how you feel. I wish I could do something to help, but here is some things that might help ease your worrying:
Maybe try watching your favorite show or doing something you enjoy.
Try taking a walk with one of your friends or just by yourself
I feel taking a nap always helps me feel better when I wake up I feel better than I did before.
*hugs*

October 28, 2020 10:00 pm

Aww, Im really sorry
I hope everyone gets better, Nightpaw <3
*Hugs*

October 29, 2020 5:27 am

Hugs *times infinite*

October 29, 2020 10:04 am

*sends bagfuls of hugs*

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
October 31, 2020 1:36 am

I’m so sorry, Nightpaw. I went through one year where a lot of bad things happened, it seemed like, one thing after another. It was a super hard time, but I got through it. We’ll always be here for you if you need anything. Do things you enjoy to lift your spirits. Everything will be okay❤️
*hugs x million*

October 28, 2020 9:18 pm

I have a violin lesson today and I am SUPER nervous. My teacher is really strict and says that all of my answers are lame and I just want to run away, but I can’t!

October 29, 2020 5:27 am

Oh no! Try talking about it with your parents.
Or maybe convince your parents to change teachers.

October 29, 2020 4:37 pm

I would, but I don’t want her to lose anymore students. I would feel bad for doing that 🙁

October 29, 2020 4:38 pm

Thanks for the advice tho!

October 29, 2020 10:04 am

Just do your best! That teacher has no right to tell you that. Remember they’re wrong!

October 29, 2020 4:39 pm

🙂

October 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Its ok, Birchkit…
When i played Clarinet, my band director was STRICTT
But he supported us no matter what we sounded like
Of course, he did yell at ME ALONE because I played 1 note wrong at a concert dsfghgdrthfg
Just dont stress <3

October 29, 2020 4:38 pm
Reply to  Dovepawstream

thx <3 🙂

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
October 31, 2020 1:37 am

I had a piano teacher that was like that. The best thing is to talk to your parents. Violin is supposed to be fun! If you’re getting anxiety from your teacher, then you should definitely talk to your parents and see if they will talk to your teacher.
*hugs*

October 28, 2020 10:32 pm

Am I the only one who doesn’t like labels? Like no I’m not gay, I’m not straight, I’m not bi, I’m not pan, I’m not a boy, I’m not a girl, I’m a human being.. I feel like this is an unpopular opinion

October 29, 2020 9:19 am

That’s entirely valid !!! You can go without labels, or use a vague label like queer or genderqueer, or do whatever you want with your identity !! I like labels because I’m a very logical person and they help me make sense of myself, but others not liking labels is entirely valid

November 1, 2020 1:29 am
Reply to  Mapledrift

And that’s why I love BlogClan gahhh everyone’s so accepting it’s like a little safe haven

October 29, 2020 10:05 am

Whatever you feel happy with Waffles!

November 1, 2020 1:30 am

❤️ ❤️ ❤️

Swanfeather
Swanfeather
October 29, 2020 12:14 pm

this made me think of this !

this isn’t specifically about gender more like sexual/romantic orientation but i guess it would work with that too ? <3

November 1, 2020 1:29 am
Reply to  Swanfeather

Oh that’s such a pretty flag though🤩

Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
Spooky Turtle That Sits In Pumpkin 🐢🐢🐢🎃🎃🎃
October 29, 2020 1:35 pm

You can totally use no labels if that’s what makes you comfortable! 😀 It is one hundred percent normal and ok!
*hugs*
Just One Heartbeat

October 29, 2020 4:40 pm

You can have any identity you want! <3 🙂

October 28, 2020 10:35 pm

Here are some great songs to cry to because we all need to cry sometimes 😀

• cellophane – FKA twigs (!)
  • ghostin – Ariana Grande
  • Video Games – Lana Del Rey
  • Cinnamon Girl – Lana Del Rey
  • listen before i go – Billie Eilish
  • I love you – Billie Eilish
  • These Four Walls – Little Mix (!)
  • Sirens – Cher Lloyd
  • The One That Got Away (Acoustic) – Katy Perry (at least for me 😛 )
  • Heather – Conan Gray (used to be my go to cry-song, but now it’s so mainstream it doesn’t feel as special yk)
  • when the party’s over – Billie Eilish (!)
Blueheart
Blueheart
October 29, 2020 3:35 pm

Ohhhh I love When the Party’s Over but Hyunjin danced to it so I’m slightly biased but I loved the song before he danced to it but I didn’t know that that was what song it was then. 😛

October 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Can I add one?

October 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Happier by marshmello, but only the music video

Blueheart
Blueheart
October 30, 2020 3:27 pm

The song itself is really sad too, if you pay attention to the lyrics. 🙂

falling feather
falling feather
October 30, 2020 11:01 pm
Reply to  Blueheart

yes, the music video is especially sad :’)

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
October 31, 2020 1:39 am

when the party’s over😭😭😭 always gets me.

November 1, 2020 1:31 am

Y’all are sleeping on cellophane though! That song MOVED me and the music video ???? Omg

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 29, 2020 2:57 am

Sooo, I’m on scratch, right? And my mom finds out and looks at my profile and finds out I’m a furry and not cisgender. And she tells me that I’m just MALE. Yes, that’s my sex, but, not my gender…
I’m fine with her knowing that cuz she was the fourth person to know I’m queer and I know she’ll keep it a secret if I ask her to. But, i just, dont know what to do.. Then, about being a furry, she was fine with it as long as I didnt get into the “darker” side of the fandom (I’m NOT going to say what that is). I dont think she knows the difference between gender and sex and I dont wanna bring that up to her…
I just am so confused of what I should do right now..
Any ideas?

October 29, 2020 9:23 am

I’ve been in a very similar situation where my parents try and convince me I’m just a girl, and really I don’t have any advice- I wouldn’t recommend what I did personally, I’d say that really, you could try and educate her a bit. Even if it’s not talking about your own identity just educate her about sex and gender in general !!! That’s really the only advice I can give, sending big hugs over to you

October 29, 2020 1:01 pm

You should sit down with her, respectfully, and explain about the Gender and sex thing. She will understand, i guarantee it.

October 29, 2020 1:37 pm

Hm thats a tricky one- but she seems to be a more accepting person in general, albeit uninformed. Maybe sit down with her one day and try to explain it? Make a presentation or… just send her some articles? That’s usually what I do when I need to convince my mom of something 🙂

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Unfortunately, she was REALLY defensive about me being Male. But I’ll keep that tactic in mind! Thanks Ebay! <333

October 29, 2020 11:29 pm

no problem 🙂 i wish you the best of luck!

October 29, 2020 2:31 pm

I just wanted to add onto my previous comment, if you believe it won’t be a safe situation or a situation thats good for your mental health to discuss gender issues with your mum, then you absolutely shouldn’t feel any pressure to. Do whatever is safest for you, and what feels comfortable

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 29, 2020 10:43 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

Thank. I will do what feels safest and most comfortable. <333

October 29, 2020 4:44 pm

I’m sorry, but I don’t know! 🙁 I’ve never really been in that situation, so I have no advice. <3 HUGS!!!!

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 29, 2020 10:44 pm

Thanks for the hugs! <3

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 29, 2020 7:46 pm

Does anyone have any advice about advising people who struggle with gender identity? I’ve noticed that at least 80% of the problems in the hug page have to do with gender identity and those are issues I have trouble understanding, because I am heterosexual/Cisgender, but I want to help people who aren’t heterosexual/Cisgender.

Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
October 29, 2020 8:52 pm

As someone who’s bi and cis, honestly just listen!

You do that with other topics you don’t understand, and that works. I couldn’t ever completely understand other people’s gender identities (bc again, cis) but that doesn’t I can’t learn as much as I can!

Also also, don’t speak over LGBTQ+ if you aren’t in the community (just in case this comes off wrong, you weren’t! just thought this would be good advice for people in general!)

October 29, 2020 10:04 pm

Hiya, someone who is a demi girl and a lesbian here, I’ll kinda say what I think !!

Firstly, educate yourself whether that’s through google searches, talking to people who are LGBTQ+ or doing whatever else helps you learn about gender identity. However, my big thing would be to listen to those who identify in that way. If someone who identifies as nonbinary tells you that something would be offensive to nonbinary people, even if that doesn’t make sense to you as to why it’d be offensive, listen to that person. Those who are going through it know better than anyone else !!

Secondly, whatever they say they are, respect that persons identity. Unless they are very clearly misunderstanding the meaning of something (for example thinking a demi girl means partially feminine instead of partially female, or that agender people can’t use they/them pronouns), in which case correct them, but otherwise, be sure to stand back and let people identify how they want to. It’s not for you to decide if their experiences seem like they are trans or nonbinary, that’s their personal feelings. Maybe offer to try out some other pronouns on them, or referring to them as a boy, or a girl. People on blogclan discord really help me by trying out other pronouns for me when i’m questioning !!!

If you slip up and refer to someone in a way that they don’t like being referred to, correct yourself and move on – don’t make that person feel guilty for correcting you !! I think a big thing to learn is every nonbinary or trans person is different, so when wanting to offer advice, maybe communicate with the person about exactly what terms they are comfortable with you using. This is both really validating for the person as they are being heard, and gives them a chance to try out new pronouns and an identity !!!

Advising people to experiment with labels and different pronouns can always be helpful, and encourage people that they are valid in their identity no matter what pronouns and labels they use or how they present themselves. This is just a really nice for those struggling with gender issues to hear. A lot of the time, people will question if they can identify with a label for a list of reason (for me identifying as nonbinary i was worried i couldn’t as I like my long hair), and someone telling them they are valid anyway can really help. Presentation does not equal identity – just because a boy might want to look VERY feminine and have long hair does not mean that boy is a trans girl or nonbinary 🙂

If you have any questions about gender identity feel free to ask me and i can see if I can educate you better on it !! Literally list any questions, no matter how stupid or random you think they are and I will do my absolute best to answer them. Even feel free to ask me questions about my own personal identity if you want to

All in all

• Listen to nonbinary and trans people as well as others who have extensive knowledge on gender issues
  • Give support to that person without questioning why they identify in a certain way
  • Educate yourself in anyway you can

I hope this helped and I look forward to seeing if you have any questions for me to answer !!!

October 29, 2020 10:29 pm
Reply to  Mapledrift

Alright!

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 30, 2020 12:49 am
Reply to  Mapledrift

Well..I can see that your passionate about the topic, and used to dealing with people who judge you for your sexuality!!! 🙂

October 30, 2020 4:51 pm

Yep.

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 29, 2020 10:39 pm

I’m pansexual/demisexual/Skolioromantic/Genderqueer, and quite frankly, just listen to them! Try what you know and take others’ feelings and tell them what you think could help! Not the most helpful but, hey, I tried!

Birchfoot
Birchfoot
October 30, 2020 3:07 am

honestly just listen to us 😛 that’s the most important thing, especially since the LGBT community has such a rich and complex history; it’s impossible to know everything, but as long as you are willing to listen when someone’s sharing their personal experiences and do your research if you’re still confused, then you’re doing just fine 🙂

🐇🔥Rabbit Jumping Into Flaming Cauldron🔥🐇
🐇🔥Rabbit Jumping Into Flaming Cauldron🔥🐇
October 29, 2020 11:08 pm

Can people help?
We were practicing our speeches for a thing called Historical Figures Day. I’m not good with speeches. I totally clammed up and gave this insult to speeches everywhere:

I am Mary Ann Shadd. I am most known for my newspaper The Provincial Freeman, which…………helped give voice to black canadian activists, and….now…..slavery is not permitted in America?

I have a lack of confidence. I need some help. I need a hug. I’m not feeling so good right now. My teacher gave me a weird stare after my speech.
Please help if you can.

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 30, 2020 6:23 am

Yes I can help 🙂 That sounds like quite the situation, and I can relate. I understand about feeling nervous, and anxious, and small. I’ve felt like that plenty of times throughout my life. It’s a part of being human. I can give you tips about writing speeches but first let’s adress the main issue-a lack of confidence. First, stop calling it a lack of confidence, because if you are brave enough to stand before a whole bunch of people, and make an attempt of a speech, then girl, you can deliver the whole dang thing 🙂 From now on, call it by it’s proper name-nervousness. Have you determined why you feel so nervous? Failure? If so, what kind of failure? Are you worried your speech isn’t eloquent enough? That it’s going to sound uneducated? Are you worried that your voice is going to crack? Or are you worried that your going to clam up again?
I’m assuming you worried your going to clam up again, and that your teacher is going to give you another ‘weird stare’.
First off, why did her giving you a weird stare bother you? Because you associated it with disapproval right? Why? Go deeper. Now, as for the fear that your going to clam up, sadly, there’s nothing that will make it disappear, but I do know somethings that can make it manageable-
1. Don’t focus on what could happen (ie. failing, clamming up, the whole worst embarrassment ever scenario. ) and don’t focus on what has happened (ie. you failing, your teacher giving you a funny look), instead focus on what is. Notice your surroundings. Engage your senses. What do you see? What do you hear? *Unimportant side note, but it’s so funny to me-we humans spend so much time in our heads, thinking about what could go wrong, or what has gone wrong, that we kind of forget right where we are- Which, unless your homeless, is a on sturdy floor to stand on, with a solid roof overhead, and our breath and heartbeat. I’ve said this once, and I’ll say it again (yes, I’m making this a thing, you can’t stop me): When ever you question the future and the past remember their answer-the present.
2. Fight the images of you failing. Instead picture yourself succeeding and make that success a reality. Remove whatever thoughts and images belittle that success. As, I also find myself saying often-your anxiety only knows your weaknesses, but not your strength, so they have no right to tell you what you can’t or will not do.
3. Do things before hand to boost your confidence. It could be as simple as doing something you’ve procrastinated on, or as courageous as actually expressing your opinion next time a family member brings up something you disagree with. If they shoot you down take comfort in the fact that you had the courage to take a stand. Or, try dancing, or singing in front of your family. Just bust out of your shell.
Whew, with that taken care of, I do have some quick tips about writing a speech-
1. Use more power words-you know those words that just grab your attention and make you want to hear more. There are some good lists on google 🙂
2. Research. And research thoroughly. Go deeper then basic information you could find on Wikipedia.
3. Speak from the heart. And put your soul into it.
The best thing to do though, is to just do it. As, again, I’m fond of saying.
I hope this helped,
Loner

October 30, 2020 12:46 pm

Im sorry, I was never one for speeches.
*Hugs* Youll do great!!!

October 30, 2020 4:18 pm

I responded to this comment on the tavern 🙂

October 30, 2020 4:42 pm

I’m SO sorry! *SOOOO MANY HUGS!!!*

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 31, 2020 3:19 pm

I remember my historical figure day as Wilbur Right…
I too lack confidence, whether it’s un my theatrics, school, speaking, etc.
A few tactics I learned is imagining just doing it only with your friends. Or, maybe try imaging no one is there in general. That teacher is being very judgmental about the speeches if they had started at you in a weird way. This is just part of life! Being nervous is a NATURAL human reaction to things. Maybe try listening to music you like or upbeat music or something like that while you’re doing your speech. If you dont mind, I’ll list a few I find in handy.

– Build Our Machine (DAGaming)
– Holding Onto You (21 pilots)
– tnt (Ac/Dc)
– Juke Box Hero (Foreigner)
– Surrender (Cheap Trick)
– Cannon in D major (Pachelbel)
– Gusty Garden Galaxy
– We didnt start the fire (Billy Joel)
– Back in Black (Ac/Dc)

I hope I helped! Hugs are sent and support and love and courage!

– Bri be tryin

October 30, 2020 2:31 am

I feel like not many people are posting quotes lately, so heres one;

“I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.”
Charlotte Brontë, Jane Eyre

Briarpaw/blaze a
Briarpaw/blaze a "Not Fine Boi"
October 31, 2020 3:20 pm

Yeah, I’ve been caught up catching up on schoolwork before the end of Trimester 1 which ended yesterday, so ima start back up again.

Luparty Lupeat Lupanic Lupoof
Luparty Lupeat Lupanic Lupoof
October 30, 2020 3:07 am

ok so i need help identifying something, possible emetophobia warning; il’l list it in order

1. I ate an entire bag of popcorn and I had accidentally put too much cheese in it. Two or so hours later, I ate yogurt, same old good normal vanilla
2. I got really bad acid reflux soon after, accidentally swallowed it
3. I suddenly feel a lump coming up, and I thought I was about to puke… except I didn’t, I ran to the restroom but never automatically leaned towards the toilet, I just panicked and talked as I swallowed the lumps (they kept coming). At the same time, “diarrhea” and 1
* Lumps were painless, all I felt was a lump moving up my throat and it was really hard to swallow (not because of pain, the whole lump ordeal had no pain nor burns)
4. The moving lumps drastically slowed down after I took one tums
5. Next day, I still didn’t feel well but ate cheerios and drank cold water and the agressive lump movement came back up shortly after, along with “diarrhea” and 1. Calmed with the tums again
* I ate banana afterwards, everything was fine
6. I drank gatorade and the remnant lump went away, throat feeling almost, if not, completely normal. Might have been me crying that caused all of the still lumps though idk
7. I decided to eat apples, a tiny amount of them. Then the aggresive lump comes back again!!! Calmed again with tums
* I can feel my stomach tremble, idk about the rest (i think my hands are trembling a bit? if yeah then must be emetophobia). my throat sometimes feels different but mostly normal, may be because of gatorade

summary of feeling atm: normal except for shakiness, havent been able to burp for an hour

sorry it’s a long list but i’m really confused, is it vomit or is it something else? i tried searchingnit up on internet but they show stuff involving heartburns which i haven’t had… i just want to go back to normallll i hate this intense fear of vomittinggg

𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
𝓒𝔃𝓪𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓪 𝓡𝓸𝓼𝓮𝓽𝓽𝓮𝓼𝓽𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶 💧
October 30, 2020 5:05 am

It sounds like it could be

1. An all out Acid Reflux
  2. Indigestion
  3. Some kind of food allergy

My recommendation would be to either 1. Go on what’s called a BRAT diet. Bread Rice & Toast (the Applesauce but, in this case, let’s consider it a trigger) and or, avoid eating ‘junk’ or ‘snack’ foods-ie. anything processed, in a bag, box, or plastic cup.
The best thing to do though? Talk to your mom about this, and see if you can get a doctors appointment. A doctor would know a whole lot more then we BlogClanners AND they are professionally qualified 🙂
I hope this helps in some way-
Loner

October 30, 2020 12:34 pm

I would have said you have been drinking soda, but you didn’t.
And you stomache’s fine right? So it isn’t because you ate too much.
I’ve had those lumps before, but only like once or twice and it ends and doesn’t appear again in a few months.
I’m no doctor, but I think it’s because you’ve been stressed out or anxious lately. I found this site and I don’t know if this is the actaully cause of your lumps and that it will help, but this is the best I can do for now.
Maybe try to vomit or got to the toilet or stop eating for a while.
If that doesn’t work, you should try go to the doctor, (if you can, because of coronavirus)

Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
Potato 🌸(Blueflower)💙
October 30, 2020 5:29 pm

^^ That’s what I was thinking. It sounds like this could be anxiety related. The site mentions burning in your throat and tightness. It makes sense since you have emetophobia, and this wasn’t helping.

It also might (huge might, I’m not a doctor) have something to do with acid. I remember something like this used to happen to me, felt awful after I ate lunch (don’t remember which food caused it) It vaguely felt like heartburn but I had nausea.

I’d take it easy for a while. Drink cold water and try to do something relaxing. Anything that takes your mind off of it.

I hope you feel better <3 *hugs*

October 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Aww, im sorry <3
I hope you get better <3

Willow that is not taking your Halloween candy
Willow that is not taking your Halloween candy
October 30, 2020 1:24 pm

Im not sure i would go see a doctor.
*hugs*

anon cause health
anon cause health
October 30, 2020 11:13 pm

dude i have this almost exactly, but it’s just the lump in the throat and i have trouble breathing sometimes. i went to a doctor for this and he told me my body reacted to anxiety by producing to much stomach acid, causing acid reflux.
i’m taking tums right now and they help, and i would also do something for anxiety (even if you’re not feeling especially stressed, i still would because doing things for stress is never bad)
and i would cut back on things like citrus and other stomach acid inducing foods.
this was what my doctor told me, so everything might not apply to you, and you should still go see a doctor for it 🙂 *hugs*

*** also not sure if i got the “lumps” meaning? do you mean like you have to burp or something

October 30, 2020 3:47 pm

Ok so uh, here;

Spoilered for period-talk
So, I started my female thing and im s c a r e d. (This is my second one)
But the odd thing is, no pain
Is there something medically wrong with me?
Just a question, and can someone give me tips?

Sorry for the uncomfortable topic

Last edited 29 days ago by Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 30, 2020 4:39 pm
Reply to  Dovepawstream

Spoilered for period-talk

No, it’s not weird to feel no pain on your period! If anything, I’m jealous 😛 I hate having cramps or feeling like I’m about to have cramps.

Here are some tips that I’ve learned:
– always keep spare pads/tampons on you or at least know where they are in your house just in case you need them
– recommended to wear darker-coloured underwear + pants if possible (not as easy to stain!)
– ask your parents if there is a stain remover in your house for when you wash any bloodstained clothing (more likely than not, your mother will know!)
– don’t be afraid to ask your mother for help 🙂 She’s (along with many, many other biologically female people) have gone through the exact same thing before!

Last edited 29 days ago by Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 30, 2020 5:26 pm

Thanks Embix
I had pain on my first period, but my second one yeeted it 😛

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 30, 2020 6:14 pm
Reply to  Dovepawstream

Hopefully, you’re one of the lucky ones who doesn’t have cramps often 😛

October 30, 2020 7:00 pm

I don’t want to offend anyone, but this is making me uncomfortable. Sorry! 🙁 <3

Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
Embers of an Autumn Dawn (Emberdawn)
October 30, 2020 7:12 pm

I’ve put both Dove and my comments in spoiler tags 🙂 Does that help?

October 30, 2020 10:59 pm

Yes, thank you. 🙂

October 30, 2020 7:14 pm

Omg, im so sorry Birchkit, really
I thought it might make someone uncomfortable, sorry <3

October 30, 2020 10:59 pm
Reply to  Dovepawstream

No problem, I’m also sorry, you had a problem and you wanted to get advice. <3

October 30, 2020 7:20 pm
Reply to  Dovepawstream

Not everyone gets pain- you’re lucky!

October 31, 2020 1:44 am

Ty, Red

October 31, 2020 12:12 am
Reply to  Dovepawstream

Spoilered for period-talk
Hey I know that Embix kinda touched on this but- I actually don’t feel any pain during my period and its completely normal 🙂 sometimes they’re just heavier than other times but eventually you’ll find patterns and learn to understand how your body behaves. You always hear girls complaining about the pain and whatnot, but for some people that just doesnt happen to them and honestly consider it lucky. I know this an uncomfortable topic but seeing as theres so little advice on it since this is so taboo (which it shouldnt be!), i thought i’d share my personal experiences 🙂

October 31, 2020 1:44 am

Ty, Ebay

🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
🌸Blossompaw/fire15🔥
October 31, 2020 1:52 am
Reply to  Dovepawstream

*Period talk*

You are normal. Everyone is different. Some start early, some start late, some have really bad •s, and some have •s with no cramps or anything, and some are in the middle.
Sometimes I get in the middle, but sometime mine are fine.

You are fine if you don’t have any cramps. Sometimes your stomach might hurt where you think its cramps, but it could be something you ate that irritated your stomach when you are on your •. I’d suggest try and stay away from bubbly beverages like soda, or some foods(which you can find a list) that might really irritate your stomach, in order to not risk any stomach issues.
*hugs*

Fernkit
Fernkit
October 30, 2020 11:21 pm

Every time I get something for myself, it gets ruined by family. My parents are constantly embarrassing me in public, on purpose, and it’s horrible because they never stop. Today I have an award ceremony, and I’m supposed to choose who goes with me (I can choose 3 people). I wanted to bring a friend but NO, MY BROTHER HAS TO COME. I’M NOT ALLOWED TO CHOOSE WHO.

October 31, 2020 12:15 am
Reply to  Fernkit

I’m sorry! I used to have very limited freedom as well when I was younger and honestly the only reason i have any freedom today is because I bike everywhere myself :c

The only thing that can fix this is for you to sit down with your parents and explain what you (reasonably) want and how that can be achieved.

I wish you the best of luck!

Fernkit
Fernkit
October 31, 2020 6:34 am

Lucky, I physically cannot learn how to ride a bike 🙁
I’ve tried that but they just shout at me and turn me down

Thank you!

October 31, 2020 12:23 am
Reply to  Fernkit

OMG! I’m so sorry! Have you talked to them about it? <3 HUGSSSSS!

Fernkit
Fernkit
October 31, 2020 6:35 am

Yeah. Thank you. 🙂

October 31, 2020 12:25 am
Reply to  Fernkit

Also, just wondering, what’s the award for? 😛

Fernkit