The Hug Page

The Hug Page is here. Because, whoever we are, we still need hugs. This is still the best place to come if you’re feeling sad and need a hug from BlogClan…

Fading Echoes

(Sh! This is a new Hug Page. You can find the old one here)

If you feel unsafe in your situation, please call one of the following hotlines or talk to an adult that you trust:

Sexual assault US: 1-800-656-4673
National runaway hotlines US: 1-800-786-2929 (call), Text 66008 (text)
Child abuse hotline US: 1-800-422-4453 (call), Text 1-800-422-4453 (text)
National alliance on mental illness US: 1-800-950-6264
BullyingCanada: (877) 352-4497 (call or text), Support@BullyingCanada.ca (email)
Trevor project (LGBTQ+): 1-866-488-7386 (call), Text START to 678678 (text)
Trans lifeline US: 1-877-565-8860
Trans lifeline Canada: 1-877-330-6366
Kids Help Phone: 1-800-668-6868 (call), Text CONNECT to 686868 (text), click for live chat
Crisis Text Line US: Text HOME to 741741
Crisis Text Line Canada: Text HOME to 686868
Crisis Text Line UK: Text SHOUT to 85258 Childline UK: 0800 1111
Anxiety UK Infoline (Telephone): 03444 775 774
Anxiety UK Infoline (Text): 07537 416 905
Childline UK: 0800 1111
Samaritans UK Helpline: 116 123
Samaritans UK Charity Email: jo@samaritans.org
No Panic UK (Charity that offers support for panic attacks and OCD): 0844 967 4848
Beat UK (For eating disorders): 0808 801 0677 (adults) or 0808 801 0711 (for under-18s)
LGBT Foundation UK Helpline: 0345 3 30 30 30
Switchboard LGBT+ UK Helpline: 0300 330 0630
Crisis Connections Teen Link (anonymous and confidential; USA): 866-833-6546

International suicide hotlines
United Kingdom: 08457909090
USA: 18002738255
Youth suicide prevention Australia: 08 93 88 2500
Canada: 5147234000 (Montreal); 18662773553 (outside Montreal)
PAPYRUS (Young Suicide Prevention Society) HOPELINE UK: 0800 068 4141 (Phone)

If you know other hotlines that provide support that are not on this list, feel free to contact a BlogTeam member to add it to this list.

A note from BlogTeam: When offering comfort or advice to BlogClanners, please be advised to steer clear of religious-based consolation.  While you may have the best intentions, the best advice is one that the reader can most readily relate to.  Remember, not everyone believes or should rightfully believe in the same tradition that you do.

42.1K Comments
Waffle
Waffle
January 11, 2021 7:05 pm

pronoun update! 😛 i now go by they/them and vae/vem pronouns. :3

Rufflecloud (AKA 'Ruffles')
Rufflecloud (AKA 'Ruffles')
January 11, 2021 7:48 pm

A vent about technophobia
I think that I’m too addicted to technology.

I spend most of my time on YouTube and here, but what else is there to do?
My bedroom is a cluttered mess, my family is chaotic and doing things other than staring at a computer screen either gives me anxiety or doesn’t have the same satisfaction.

The ironic thing is that the big technology companies who collect people’s data and how commercialised the internet has become also makes me anxious.

I listen to music on YouTube all the time. I’m not even able to think to myself with all the constant flow of information, except when I’m about to go to sleep. The reason why I’m always doing this is probably so I can’t hear my mother watching her television on high volume (because her hearing is getting worse due to old age) with stupid advertising blatantly trying to sell you stuff that you don’t need.

I’ve been feeling nostalgic for the late 90’s-mid 2000’s lately, even though I just started existing then. It seems like it was the perfect time period for media: video games, music, animation…

I know that people say that they wished they could go back to their childhood again and that things were better back then, but honestly, it kind of was.

Some aspects of today’s world are better than it was about 10 or 20 years ago, like mental health awareness, acceptance of those in the LGBTQ+ community and medical research, but things felt different then. More slow and less… connected.

There seemed to be more innovation and effort put into things when I was a child.

Phones were unique and varied in design instead of them all being the same thing with slight changes.
Creative media tried to be more original and interesting instead of coming of as an obvious attempt of making money without even trying.
Heck, I can even remember advertisements from over 10 years ago better than most of the ones airing today because they were more creative and memorable than the in-your-face and obnoxious ads today. What’s the point of an advert if it’s not memorable?

Now, it seems that everything is mediocre or similar now. I’ve read about people saying about their favourite media franchises like Pokemon and even Warrior Cats not being good as they used to be years ago, and I definitely agree with them about Pokemon, maybe not much on Warriors because the series is very different now.

I remember the old internet, back when it was still a little bit new and not a major part of our lives. People made YouTube videos for fun, not for money, and it was easy to be in a community with other people while still keeping your privacy and anonymity. Now it’s all too connected for me.

One thing that I miss about my childhood is being disconnected and doing something else than wasting your time on technology. It used to be a tool, now it’s a way of modern live.

Now everything and everyone is on the internet, and it’s hard to escape from it all. People are walking with their phones in their hands and not talking to each other and people don’t look at you weird if you say you don’t have a WiFi connection.

If I even just cut a little bit of my internet & technology usage, I think I’d be less stressed, but I can’t at the moment due to my current situation of doing university work on my computer while stuck in my parents’ house with too many distractions clutter.

I think that I’m craving a simpler, more analogue and disconnected life than what I’m in right now. I don’t want to be staring at a screen all the time, but I can’t get myself to do it, especially with my family stressing me out.

Anonymous
Anonymous
January 11, 2021 8:27 pm

are you sad? 🙁
look how many animals want u to be happy
comment image
comment image
comment image
comment image
comment image
comment image
comment image
*hugs computer*
*computer falls to floor*
*maplekit also falls to floor*
*hugs air from floor*

you are amazing <3

Mossnose lives ina city that wont go out in a week
Mossnose lives ina city that wont go out in a week
January 12, 2021 8:28 am

StarClan bless me. I’m confined at home, and this time it’s not because of the coronavirus. MY city is full of snow. StarClan bless me. Hugs bless me.

Snowpaw11
Snowpaw
January 12, 2021 11:02 am

I feel like I’m self-centred and make everything on the blog all about me. I’m so paranoid you don’t like me. I need hugs

Spots of Rot in the Leaves (Spot, she/he/fae)
Spots of Rot in the Leaves (Spot, she/he/fae)
January 12, 2021 3:06 pm

Hi yes I’m sad for no reason again can I have a hug from y’all

sav
sav
January 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Savannah’s Handy-Dandy Venting Paragraph
pov: your best friend got you in trouble, so your phone got taken for four months. when you get it back, you find out that your best friend is actually dating your crush and suddenly you’re getting set-up vibes.

This is quite a long, complicated story, so I’ll make a key for reference.
best friend one – alice
best friend two – marz
crush – john
alice’s crazy ex – james
alice’s ex that we tricked – bob

in July, me and my best friend did a prank on her boyfriend at the time, Bob. It was Alice’s idea and we went to prank him. He got extremely offended and told his father (who was a police officer) along with sending Alice’s cousin and guardian the screenshots. Alice denied any/all the blame and put it all on me. Marz had no idea what was happening. I got in so much trouble my phone was taken for four months, but I was allowed to keep my PC because my mom knew I wasn’t the only one involved in the prank. Keep this in mind, it’s important.

Fast-forward to this week. Yay, Savannah’s got her phone back everyone celebrate. I told all my friends I changed my number, and even though my mom doesn’t like Alice anymore, I told her my new number too. Our old bond was back and it was pretty cool. Two hours after the “reunion” with all my friends, Alice texted me randomly out of the blue, asking me if I still liked John.

Now, I had this huge crush on John man. He knew about it, and me, Alice, and John sat at the same table in fourth period. Alice and John sat beside each other, while I sat beside Alice. Basically, she was in the middle. She and John would flirt (in one of the many arguments we got in about it last year, she told me they were kidding around and that I shouldn’t take everything so seriously) and I’d get to sit right there and listen and watch all of it. It was g r e a t. John would always do something stupid to make us laugh, but I knew who he was actually trying to make laugh. I’d caught feelings for him when we’d been messing around in class and I felt sick, he hit me in my stomach and I almost cried because period cramps hurt omg. He hugged me for like five minutes and kept apologizing. When he let me go Alice’s face was like “BRUH WHAT”. That’s when everything started. People kept telling Alice that she and John would look good together, that she should date him, etc. In front of me man. It hurt so much. Alice would tell people she didn’t like him and would tell me she wouldn’t do me like that. I believed her too. She’d get mad when they kept doing in front of me and she’d constantly apologize to me for the rest of the day because of what people were saying.

[Back to the Messages of Four Days ago.]

This is how our conversation went:
Alice: do you still like mr. austin?
Savannah: idk man. i cant really tell. i deleted all the pictures of him though. why?
Alice: I was just wondering
Savannah: seriously tho, why? i mean now you’ve got me curious.
Alice: look before you got mad and hate me again I’m just asking (something along those lines. she basically thought I was mad at her because before my phone was taken I used to get mad a lot. they thought it was because I had “anger issues”, when really I simply didn’t put up the stuff they used to try pull on one another or me.)
Savannah: noooo babe I’m not mad I was just wondering

[Subject Changed]

Two Days Later:

Savannah: are you talking to anyone?
Alice: what do you mean by “talking”
Savannah: what do you think I mean
Alice: the dating kind of talking
Savannah: sure. that. are you?
Alice: yes
Savannah: whooo? it is who I think it is?
Alice: austin

I saw the notification and didn’t respond. I was shocked and my heart rate had dropped. She double-texted asking me
who did you think it was?
Savannah: james
Alice: I KNEW IT
Savannah: I mean, you always go back and talk to him
Alice: yea. please don’t hate me about john

Gee you’re right Alice. I shouldn’t get mad at you or feel like crying. But I didn’t tell her that. I told her:

Savannah: awh I’m not mad alice, just really surprised. i don’t think I like him anymore anyway. I’m happy for you

[We engaged in a conversation about James]

Savannah: so how long have you and john been talking?
Alice: uh.
Alice: sav, we’re together

That was it for me man. I said something super encouraging or whatever because “Savannah wants to stop her anger problems”. I got in the shower and promptly cried until the hot water ran out. I don’t remember what was said afterwards, because to prevent myself from rereading the messages and getting hurt all over again, I deleted them. Then I start wondering about what she did to me about Bob. My mom told me she “set me up” and I was actually starting to believe her. I love Alice, I do. She understands me better then anyone I know in the world, but I’m so confused and hurt right now. I haven’t directly talked to her in two days. I know it would probably seem bad if we got in a fight so soon, so I’m going to pretend not I’m sad or hurt. But is that okay? Is Alice a bad friend? I have no idea what to do. Marz didn’t tell me either.

The thing about the entire situation that got me was this one fight we got in where Marz did something similar to Alice. Me and Alice got mad at her and were so mean to her for weeks. Yet, when it happens to me, I’m okay with it? I’m scared to tell Marz and then Alice finds out. Our friend group hates keeping secrets from one another because it only leads to fights and people being upset. What do I do? Is Alice right for dating John? I don’t know what to do, and I’m so upset about it. My mom noticed yesterday, but I just explained that I was tired and went to bed early. I deleted all my social media after that because I didn’t want to see any posts about it.

I need help.

˜”*°•.˜”*°•(Goldenbee) •°*”˜.•°*”˜
˜”*°•.˜”*°•(Goldenbee) •°*”˜.•°*”˜
January 12, 2021 7:58 pm

Sometimes I wish that I had better social skills.

Ivykit/branch
Ivykit
January 12, 2021 8:12 pm

m e n t a l h e a l t h ?
never heard of it.

Minnowdust (Minnow) In Quarantine
Brightspark • Brightly Sparkling Christmas Lights
January 13, 2021 12:05 am

I have a problem.
I’ve been obsessing over communication with my friends, getting somewhat addicted to Google Meets, and putting conversations on Hangouts over family trips or schoolwork. I feel drained without some sort of technology by me all the time.
And as if that isn’t bad enough, my fits of anxiety have gotten so bad my mom is seriously considering having me checked at a mental hospital, even looking for mental hospital in Japan, and I’m scared. I don’t want to answer all those prying, probing questions. I feel like someone’s eventually going to dislike me or say that I’m in the wrong for being so paranoid.
Please, please send hugs.

YOU GOT THE WRONG CALL BUDDY, I'M NOT FROST (Frostcrystal, she/her)
YOU GOT THE WRONG CALL BUDDY, I'M NOT FROST (Frostcrystal, she/her)
January 13, 2021 12:07 am

Yeah I’m not going to full details but I’m the oldest sister in my family. I have the responsibility to help my sisters. Anyways I feel stressed cause I need them to sleep, but I’m losing sleep time. And I feel like I’m drowning in a pool of guilt. I need to stop being like this. Blogclan does help me though 🙂 I love all of you guys. You guys help me, even if you don’t know you are <333 trust me if I knew you I would hug the heck outa you.

halfpaw who finally drew her profile pic and is the fluffiest chimera cat who used to be cinnamonpaw who likes indie pop (you can call me pumpkin/cinnamon/halfpaw/ or halfheart)
January 13, 2021 2:04 am

if your feeling down, here’s a funny gif of my favorite character of my favorite show eating a vegetablecomment image?itemid=15669550
if your feeling down, remember that I love you and that I’m sending so many hugs :3 ♥ 😀

🎵Ambercloud Who Loves Sandstorm Forever - Ambercloud(Amberpaw) - Ambie🎵
🎵Ambercloud Who Loves Sandstorm Forever - Ambercloud(Amberpaw) - Ambie🎵
January 13, 2021 2:57 am

I don’t think I could take this anymore, this is too much for me. I think I have some mental health problems and sometimes when something bad happens I think that it’s all my fault and that maybe I shouldn’t even be a person in the world, like, maybe I shouldn’t even exist in the world.

Mental Health Problems :(((
This is too much for me, I had a conflict with my classmate again. We used to be friends when we were younger, but as we grew up, we became enemies and like literally every time in a situation that I dont’ even know what’s happening, she’d be very mad at me and then she would gather other girls to isolate me so I don’t have any friends. I’m already used to this, cause now I’m already in 7th grade and it started like officially in 2nd grade. This time our conflict started with an idk situation, I don’t even know what’s happening and then at first she asked me a question and then because I don’t actually know the answer but I tried my best to describe it to her, and then because I think I didn’t explain clear enough she thinks I’m hiding something from her and she started to go against me, like, when she sits beside me she would call me for help or even talk to me and when other people don’t know the answer but I do, and I tried to help her, she just rolls her eyes at me and makes me feel very uncomfortable. Today I was literally the person sitting right next to her and she supposedly chose the person that sat the farthest from her to ask her question. Also another thing, I think that it’s okay to ask problems when you really don’t know, but when you don’t try it out and then kept asking people questions that you could find on your worksheet, it makes me feel uncomfortable like why can’t I have any free space where I can do my own worksheet? It kind of annoys me when people does that when they could actually do it themselves. I think it annoys me and then she thinks that I am hiding something from her but I only thought she’s annoying but I thought we’re still friends, but looks like she thinks I’m hiding something from her and she doesn’t like me anymore, AGAIN.

I am freaking out and I think I have autism… Help me