Warriors Fan Fiction

Welcome to the new fan fiction page! Post your fan fiction in a comment box below to share it with BlogClan. Have fun and keep creating.

Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow – whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterward. I would tell all of you watching this screen: Before you go to bed, write a four line poem. Make it as good as you can. Don’t show it to anybody. Put it where nobody will find it. And you will discover that you have your reward.

Kurt Vonnegut

(You can find the Old Fan Fiction Page here)

20,063 Replies to “Warriors Fan Fiction”

1. Monkeyfur
    September 18, 2019 at 1:56 pm

HI!!!! This is the second part of chapter 1!!!!!

Chapter 1

Bluefire tells me that Doeleap and Pebblepaw will also be on the patrol. I thank her for inviting me to go with her but I’m still worried about Mapledrift. Icepaw passes by me with Pebblepaw by her side. Icepaw looks at me with confusion, and Pebblepaw does too. Maybe it’s because there is a worried look on my face. I know Icepaw cares about me since we are littermates. Icepaw asks me what is wrong. I don’t know how to respond, so I just ignore her. Maybe that was the wrong decision because she looked upset and walked passed with Pebblepaw.

I go on the border patrol, Bluefire is next to me, setting scent markers. Pebblepaw is behind her making sure that Bluefire hasn’t missed an area. But I smell something odd, I don’t know if the other members in the clan smell it. Bluefire and Pebblepaw don’t seem to look baffled, Doeleap doesn’t either. I ask them if they have smelled anything. Bluefire laughs, but I know that something is wrong. Pebblepaw and Doeleap both nodded and tilted their heads and looked confused. They start to laugh until they all see that I am right because a fox appeared right in front of them…

• September 18, 2019 at 3:13 pm

Ohhhhhhhhh the suspense :O

I can’t wait!!!

Yay you got it past that Ice and I are like BFFS 😀

White pumpkin pie???

• willowstep12
      September 18, 2019 at 8:09 pm

good job! may i suggest adding the characters thoughts it would improve the story

• Bluefire
      September 18, 2019 at 9:19 pm

Ahh! Don’t kill me, fox!

• Icepaw(stream)
      September 18, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Oh, so now I’m your sister 😛
      Jimmy, is… is that you? 😛
      Also, I think I may make a version, but from my PoV 😀

I'm feeling spooky

September 19, 2019 at 6:43 am

SURE!!!

• Icepaw(stream)
          September 19, 2019 at 10:35 am

Ok Jimmy 😛

I'm feeling spooky

• Blossomkit/ Blossomsong
      September 19, 2019 at 6:08 am

This is really good! Please continue the amazing work

👻🎃💀🎃💀🎃👻

• Eagleclaw
      September 20, 2019 at 3:00 am

Nice work! There are some good moments in there. My suggestion would be, if you want to lengthen your work, is to think about adding detail to a lot of your sentences.

For example: I stepped out of the warrior’s den, blinking sleep out of my eyes. Despite the beginning of leaf-bare, it was bright outside, the clearing bathed in sunshine, and I realised I was one of the last warriors out. I rushed toward the freshkill pile where [the deputy] was organising the day’s patrols. [You could have some dialogue here, the deputy, jokes about the protagonist being up late]. I noticed that Mapledrift was dozing in the sun, near to the queens’ den. It only felt natural that she would stand up and join our patrol, but as soon as I caught sight of her swollen stomach, I remembered she was pregnant. How could I have forgotten! A mix of thoughts, good and bad, crossed my mind. Having kits was always a big deal, but still the worst of leaf-bare was yet to come and more and more cats had been visiting [the medicine cat] for herbs, coughing as they entered and as they left.

I tweaked a few of your details, but I’ll pick out a few details I added to make the scene more vivid:
      — ‘blinking sleep out of my eyes’ shows the time of day and suggests tiredness.
      — ‘rushed toward’ (guilty was up late), the deputy joking (light-hearted, good-natured) and ‘only felt natural that she would stand up and join our patrol’ (enthusiastic, happy to contribute) tells me more about the personality of the characters.
      — ‘more and more cats had been visiting [the medicine cats] for herbs, coughing as they entered and as they left’ is foreboding, sinister, gives a sense that death isn’t far away, and evidences why the worst of leaf-bare is yet to come.

Good luck with the rest of your chapters! These are just tips, so feel free to take some of my advice or not. 🙂 It’s more about extending your description if anything and often if you don’t have much time available that can be why.

September 20, 2019 at 2:15 pm

I wanted to limit the number of words I hear, I usually just say something like, “I hear Mapledrift say …. ”
        But thank you for your advice, I will use it! It was super good!!

I was wondering, if you wanted to be part of my fanfic…

• Eagleclaw
          September 22, 2019 at 11:07 am

No worries. You can add me if you want: My fursona is a black tom with blue eyes. Feel free to add anything to that; it’s the most basic form. And you can judge personality or decide anything along those lines.

• Sunni is now Seti! (Sunsetpaw/stream)
      September 20, 2019 at 11:37 pm

Great, but where am i?

Judge a book by it's cover

• Sunpaw
        September 22, 2019 at 9:28 am

I wnder where I am too

September 23, 2019 at 3:48 am

It is really hard to include everyone, please forgive me, I will include you as soon as I can.

2. September 18, 2019 at 6:32 pm

Guys little note ! I currently identify as gay, so if you include me in any blog fics and i’m shipped, i’d rather it not be with a guy (for some reason it bugs me more than blog ships rip)
    Monkey, you’re all good, this is a very very recent development in Maple trying to work out her sexuality continue as normal 😛

Somewhere that’s Green

September 19, 2019 at 6:28 am

Ok, you can be gay? Who do you want your mate to be?😛

• Mapledrift
        September 19, 2019 at 7:22 am

I honestly don’t mind rip 😛 just I’d prefer it to be a she cat 😀 if it works better with the plot (as Mapledrift is having kittens) then it can be a tom, I just wanted to let everyone know for future reference 😀

September 19, 2019 at 11:40 am

ok, but I have chosen your mate.

Your mate is… Fally!

• September 19, 2019 at 2:37 pm

If you haven’t already, you might want to check if Fally’s alright with it!!

I think I’m straight but like if you need someone to be Maple’s mate I volunteer 😛

Tie Harder, Double Knot

September 20, 2019 at 2:45 pm

oh, ok! Sure, you can be Maple’s mate!

• September 21, 2019 at 2:23 am

😀

Tie Harder, Double Knot

3. willowstep12
    September 18, 2019 at 8:07 pm

hey im writing a fanfic, can you guys name 8 kit names ideas

• willowstep12
      September 18, 2019 at 8:28 pm

the father is a gray tom

mother 1 is a brown and white tabby
      2 kit spots available

mother 2 is a fluffy light gray
      3 kit spots available

mother 3 is a gray tabby
      2 kit spots available

• Bluefire
        September 18, 2019 at 9:23 pm

Mother 1: Dustykit, a brown tabby she-kit; and Mallowkit, a white tom with grey spots.
        Mother 2: Featherkit, a fluffy grey tom; Palekit, a light grey she-kit; and Rainkit, a fluffy grey she-kit.
        Mother 3: Smokekit, a grey tabby she-kit; Stormkit, a grey tom.

• September 19, 2019 at 1:47 am

Mother 1: Kestrelkit, a fluffy brown-gray tabby and white she-kit; Mottlekit, a brown-gray spotted tabby tom
        (Other idea for 1: Ashenkit, a gray tom with white splotches)
        Mother 2: Silverkit, a sleek-furred light gray tom; Creekkit, a short-furred pale gray she-kit; Puddlekit, a gray tom with paler underbelly and paws
        Mother 3: Mistkit, a gray tabby tom; Murkkit, a gray she-kit
        (Other idea for 3: Sootkit, a gray tabby she-kit)

relish = pickle smoothie

• willowstep12
          September 20, 2019 at 6:04 pm

on monday ill tell ya which kit names and designs i chose

4. willowstep12
    September 18, 2019 at 8:12 pm

hey what do you think? any improvements?
    Grayfall’s strike
    Chapter one
    Grayfall followed her clan mates to the gathering the full moon shone bightly overhead making her gray pelt glow silver. Her mate, dewfeather was walking beside her, she admired his confindent stride, “Nice night” he meowed looking her in the eyes she blinked “yeah it sure is” she mewed. Blossomfur tripped over a stick and splashed into a muddy puddle causing her pelt to get drenched Dewfeather purred “sorry!” blossomfur called. Dewfeather nudgged Blossomfur “ill get you next time”
    Chapter two
    The cats of thunderclan marched proudly into the clearing, possiply comepeting with shadowclans pride grayfall plopped down beside blossomfall. the senior warriors flanks heived with exausion of the journey, it would be her time to retire soon Grayfall thought. “THE GATHERING WILL BEGIN!” she heard Reedstar call to the cats in the clearing before him. Reedstar told his news, then the others leaders. When deerstar told everyone dewfeather was the father of her soon to be kits a fight broke out between dewfeather and two queens, brambleheart, and spotfur. Two riverclan toms broke the fight pinning the argry queens down “WHAT IN THE NAME OF STARCLAN ARE YOU DOING!?” cloudstar yowled at the queens, the gathering went scilent the queen brambleheart spoke up her chest fur puffed out, “he was my mate,” she hissed “he’s a cheater” brambleheart gritted her thorn-sharp teeth at him. Spotfur looked around “he said he loved me, you may as well kill me now” the riverclan tom that help her down relaxed for a moment and in that moment she exploaded from his grip and tried to escape the gathering but she collasped, she saw the queen blackout. Grayfall growled how dare Dewfeather cheat on me, she did not blame the spotfur and brambleheart for something all three of us did not know but dewfeather knew, nothing would be the same again.
    Chapter three
    The cats shot disgusted looks at dewfeather, Grayfall included.

• willowstep12
      September 18, 2019 at 8:14 pm

i may as well include the allegiances
      Allegances

Spotfur
      Swiftthorn
      Woodwolf
      Heavenflight
      Hammerclaw
      Scar
      Queen: Poppyseed- white she-cat with yellow eyes with one black ear and spots around one eye (expecting scars kits)

Riverclan:
      Mossfrost
      Silkstorm
      Duskcloud
      Apprentice: Robinpaw
      Elder: nightsight

Cats outside of clans:
      Mudfoot: thin brown tom; former medicine cat

• Dewfrost
        September 19, 2019 at 12:52 pm

I like it cause Dewfeather

I'm...... So...... Lonely.....

5. September 19, 2019 at 2:24 am

The Rise of the Falcon

The gray she cat walked along the path . Her pelt was sleekly groomed and her claws unsheathed as she padded forward.

“Thistlestar why do you keep your claws unsheathed all the time ?” mowed a young cat who was walking behind the gray warrior . Without looking back Thistlestar replied ” I keep them out for fast action and I don’t want to waste battle time unsheathing my claws .”

The young apprentice nodded and said ” I’ve been taught to use my claws wisely and carefully.” The warrior paused causing the rest of the patrol to halt suddenly . ” Moonpaw you use that strategy in battle training but on the battlefield you don’t have time to be careful .”

The apprentice backed away suddenly tense at her leaders tone . The warriors on the patrol Wolfhowl ,Tunanose and Hawkclaw all glances at each other. Tunanose mewed “Thistlestar don’t you think it was a bit harsh to Moonpaw .” The gray she cat turned around ” I know what you all are up to, trying to trick me into going into Mountainclan territory. ”

The three warriors glanced at each other and huddled up for a second . The apprentice huddled behind glancing nervously at his leader . Thistlestar sat down as she surveyed her warriors who where still huddling . With a nod the three tom cats broke out of their huddle and padded forward to stand in front of their leader .

Tunanose spoke” as loyal Iceclan warriors we must do our best for our clan.” The tabby warrior coughed and continued ” the senior warriors agree that we must replace you with Falconfrost as our leader.”

Thistlestar’s pelt bristled and she snarled ” so I’ve made one or two mistakes and you are replacing me as leader huh.” Tunanose was obviously trying to stay calm as he replied ” your mistakes have caused the deaths of several classmates, The senior warriors have all agreed that your mistakes prove that you should not be our clan leader .”

” That’s a load of mousedung .” Thistlestar cried “i’ve only done the best for our clan .” The three toms and apprentice glanced at each other . The bushes rustled as Falconfrost Padded out of them . ” Hello ThistleTooth.” The black and white tom mewed smoothly ” I am pleased to announce that Starclan has given me nine lives .” The tom looked down proudly at his shoulder which had the leaders mark on it .

Thistlestar looked down at her own shoulder and saw her own leader mark had vanished . Falconstar padded forward ” now Tooth Starclan agreed with us for this matter they took away your lives .” Thistletooth glared at the tom ” is that possible or are you lying?” Falconstar stared at his former leader ” oh yes they can They made me leader and you are replaced .”

The she cat glared at her clanmate . Falconstar lashed out suddenly tearing into the she cats chest . The former leader stared down at the wound with surprise . She looked up with no emotion showing in her dark blue eyes . “ You think taking me down will make the clan a better place huh , Well some dark things are coming” The she cat said as blood poured down her chest . Thistletooth’s legs buckled under her as she lost her life’s blood . The she cat’s eyes closed and she breathed no more . Falconstar stared down at her with triumph in his eyes “ Peace has come to the clan at last.”

hey guys so my this is how my main oc for five years died . It took a lot of thinking and time to come up with this plot . Can you tell me what you all think of it and give some advice and tell me what I could have done better . I plan to do more of these with some other characters of mine .

September 19, 2019 at 3:49 am

This is sooo goooooddddd, maybe when thistlestar hears the news, you can tell us what she thinks of Flaconstar being leader. Like

• September 19, 2019 at 2:40 pm

I have a few suggestions. Maybe drag it out for dramatics a bit more? Like don’t rush it basically. And making sure there are no spaces between like periods and quotations and stuff. And maybe for the beginning, add a little more reason or background as to why Thistlestar is so upset. And I don’t know just make everything more explained and clean and drawn out. 😛

But other than that, this was really good and caught my attention 🙂

Tie Harder, Double Knot

6. Monkeyfur
    September 19, 2019 at 6:38 am

CHAPTER 1!!! Part 3!!!
    I think about Mapledrift’s kits. I think about Pineblossom, Minktail and their kits trapped in the nursery. “Pebblepaw, go back to camp and warn our clanmates,” Doeleap barks, I can see Pebblepaw hesitate, she is clearly scared. Pebblepaw scrambles back to camp, her pelt flying against the wind. In actual fact, I would want to run back to my clanmates, because I am almost allergic to foxes. I gulp, I am terrified.

Doeleap makes the first move, she leaps onto the fox and sinks her claws into its pelt. I think that was a good move, but actually it was not. The fox rolled onto its back and squashed Doeleap underneath. Bluefire drew blood out of it’s belly. It screamed. I stood there and watched, dazed, terrified. I decide to do something. With unsheathed claws I charge at the fox. I jump and land onto the foxes face. A memory of my last battle training with Briarpaw is played in my mind. I could have killed her if I used my claws to slice through her eyes.I sink my claws into the fox’s eyes and it falls. I leap down. Doeleap stood up with a few scratches. Bluefire is fine. “Good job, Monkeypaw,” Bluefire tells me. I killed the fox and I can do it again.

I signed, I’m already so tired. Doeleap and Bluefire don’t look so good either. Pebblepaw comes back with Blueheart and Ivystone at her side. At the corner of my eye I spots more foxes and more warriors. I begin to worry, thousands of violent thoughts cloud my mind. This was all not going to plan, this should have been a peaceful meeting. Cheetahspark growled. Emberdawn snarled. Owlwater got into position. The foxes made noises in response. The foxes ran at them. The warriors raced towards them. The real battle had only just begun…

• Sunpaw
      September 19, 2019 at 5:02 pm

Can I be in it?

I'm not throwing away my shot!

September 20, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Yes! But can I introduce you as a kit?

• Sunpaw
          September 22, 2019 at 9:30 am

I guess…. If I can’t be an apprentice I’d rather be a warrior

• willowstep12
      September 20, 2019 at 8:59 pm

oooo id like to be in it

• Pineblossom
      September 22, 2019 at 11:51 pm

Wow I’m a queen 😛 Wonder who’s my mate?

~ fall breeze autumn leaves ~

7. September 20, 2019 at 1:35 am

The sequel to Wings of Stars….

Horizon of Fire PROLOGUE:

A shiver went up Magnolia’s spine as she heard the big battle drums of the other tribes echo in the air. The dragon’s pastel green scales bristled as they continued and became louder, drawing close.
    “Queen Gardenia, I’m afraid.” Magnolia hoarsely breathed, flying to the queen’s wooden throne.

The EarthWing queen’s eyes were gentle and sweet, like slow dripping honeycomb. Magnolia frowned. “Well? What should we do? We have to save our tribe!” She demanded impatiently.
    Queen Gardenia turned to look at the dragon. “Tell the guards that this is an order from the queen; take all the subjects to the shelter…the Great Oak will protect my tribe.” Her hazel eyes were wistful as she gazed off into space.

Magnolia nodded. “Right.” Flying into the sky, she noticed two guards at the entrance of the palace and landed in front of them. “Alright, Queen Gardenia orders me to tell you to take all the subjects and put them in the shelter.” She ordered.
    A guard raised an eyebrow. “And the Queen’s Whereabouts?” He asked.
    “She’ll join them, I assume.” Magnolia sighed, shifting her scales.

The two guards murmured and one of them set off.
    The dark green guard dipped his head. “I’ll lead you there.”
    “What? Why?” Magnolia gaped.
    “You’re one of the subjects.” He retorted.
    Magnolia let him lead her with the rest of the subjects to the Great Oak’s shelter.
    The roots of the big tree wrapped around the entrance protectively. Magnolia furrowed her eyebrows as she noticed Iris and Sweet Pea at the edge of the crowd.

“Iris!” She called to her friend, flying up to her. Iris lifted her head to expose troubled eyes. “Magnolia!”
    “Where’s Maple?” Magnolia frowned, looking around warily. Iris scowled sourly. “I don’t know…”
    “When have you last saw-“ Magnolia cut off suddenly as she felt herself fall onto the ground.
    Dust flew up and covered her vision as a vision warped her eyes.

Magnolia gasped as a big storm grew in front of her. ‘Again!’
    But it was beautiful, calming, it gave a sign of hope and peace. The EarthWing’s heart fluttered as she saw a flash of pink through the rising storm.
    It looked like the earth, the waters, the winds and the flames were gathering.
    Stars shimmered around the storm, a sun rising in the beautiful sky.

Magnolia felt confusion as she heard a voice echo, “There will be four of the earth, the winds, the waters and flames with the stars above that will stop this terrible storm and bring a new storm, a brighter future.”
    The storm suddenly dropped and Magnolia’s eyes flashed open.

Iris and Sweet Pea were beside her, their eyes round with concern.
    “Are you okay?” Iris breathed, resting her wing on her shoulder. “I-I-“ Magnolia stammered, wiping her eyes.
    “What’s wrong?” The queen flew gracefully towards the dragon, her eyes glimmering.

“Queen Gardenia!” Magnolia gasped out, rising to her talons. “Is there something wrong?” Queen Gardenia repeated. Iris was about to speak, but Magnolia interrupted her. “I had a vision,” she began, repeating the echoing words, “I think….” she paused.
    Queen Gardenia arched her eyebrows and narrowed her eyes curiously.
    Magnolia took a deep breath. “I think the criminals are the answer.”

September 20, 2019 at 6:26 am

ooooo this is a cool idea, but at the start I was a little confused because you didn’t explain that there were criminals, maybe you could add the fact that there were criminals destroying EarthWings in the start.

• September 20, 2019 at 4:12 pm

Well the “criminals” are the main characters, Celeste, Maple, Blaze and Serge. They really aren’t, but since they disobeyed the law and made a big scene, the tribes think they are criminals and the danger in the prophecy

September 21, 2019 at 3:39 am

ok, good job though!!!

• September 20, 2019 at 11:15 am

OH MY! That’s super, Blossomfire! Can’t wait for the first chapter!

Walk Without The Stars...

8. Eagleclaw
    September 20, 2019 at 2:33 am

A short preview for Chapter 1 of something I actually drafted quite a while ago, but never got around to publishing (I think?). Just finished reading a Warriors book, so felt a bit of a pull to glance over some of my old FFs. I might try and edit it wholesale now, but don’t know for sure as I find it really difficult nowadays to get in a nice groove when writing these days + I am really bad for starting stories and losing drive and leaving them unfinished. 😛 Anyway, (especially if you haven’t read any of my FanFics before) enjoy!

Blaze’s Vow
    Preview

Three kits were following their mother through a narrow path. Walls of stone towered, casting shadow toward the group, on either side. The path was littered with Twoleg rubbish. Yet, despite their evident hunger—fur clinging to their malnourished frames, revealing ribs—their mother had warned them against eating any of the curious-looking Twoleg rubbish on each occasion they’d been tempted and taken a sniff. The ground was uncomfortably hard beneath their paws, and black logs, glossy and tall, haunted the path beside the walls. Whatever the Twolegs had buried inside made their nostrils recoil, the stench overpowering.

“Mama, I’m tired!” one of the kits, a tom, complained. “Where are we going?” Even under shadow, his bright pelt shone, the colour of blazing flames.

One of the other kits, a dark tabby she-kit was slightly bigger than her brother. She rolled her eyes. “We’re going to the other side of Twolegplace, silly!” she answered for their mother, puffing out her chest confidently. “And I’m going to catch every piece of prey I see!”

“Ha! Dream on!” her sister, a brown-and-white she-kit, teased. “You won’t catch anything. You hunt as loudly as a Twoleg monster!”

“Says you!” the dark tabby she-kit retorted. “You aren’t much better!”

Ignoring another one of his sisters’ arguments, the flame-coloured tom-kit pressed closer to his mother, repeating his earlier question. “Where are we going?” he asked, wanting reassurance: the wind was only a breeze, but it sliced through his fur; his stomach hadn’t seen food in days; and he watched the surrounding shadows nervously, his tail flicking erratically, as they slowed manoeuvred along harsh paths.

His mother was a thick-furred tabby she-cat with small patches of white across her fur. He thought he remembered her eyes being filled with a brightness once, but now they were hollowed and always darkened, constantly on edge, always alert. Her ears were always pricked. Ever since that day. He shuddered. It was like a bad dream, or at least he wished it was.

She stared back at him now, her face gaunt and thin, void of energy. “Away from here, dear,” she soothed, “to find some food.”

• Brightpaw/pool
      September 20, 2019 at 4:49 pm

This is really interesting! Great writing 😀

• Eagleclaw
        September 21, 2019 at 12:06 am

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed it. 🙂

9. Monkeyfur
    September 20, 2019 at 3:24 pm

Hi, I am posting the full Chapter 1 of my fanfic! Please tell me if I should continue or not! And also tell me if you like it!!! If you have feedback for me, please give it to me!

Chapter 1
    “Briarpaw, go with Monkeypaw into the elder’s den to change the elder’s nest,” Mapledrift tells me, I follow my orders and walked silently into the elder’s den. You see, I am still tired and upset about the battle with Briarpaw today. My forepaws are stinging with agony, and my legs can barely hold me up. I don’t want to look at Briarpaw, she would mock me again.

Winterwhisper was busy chatting with Moonbreeze. Icepaw is already inside the den with Cedarpaw, both picking up the elder’s ticks. Winterwhisper looks depressed like always, but Moonbreeze, her expression seems happier today. I signaled Briarpaw and we placed the new and dry moss behind Winterwhisper’s back. That was a tough one since Winterwhisper wasn’t able to get up. Icepaw laughs at that, and I glare at her. But Icepaw isn’t looking at me, she is looking at Cedarpaw, who accidentally made a mark on Moonbreeze’s silver pelt. I think Icepaw was laughing at Cedarpaw because he would probably get into big trouble. Moonbreeze doesn’t notice and doesn’t care, but I can tell, Cedarpaw would have been in trouble if he was caught.

In the elder’s den, Briarpaw and I worked really hard. We both agreed that we did well enough. I leave all sweaty and disgusting and I hate it. Briarpaw is not much better. Switching the elder’s nests is certainly hard. Briarpaw goes to eat a starling with Icepaw. So I go to find Mapledrift, who I’m hoping will accept my offer. But will she?

I search the camp to find my mentor, I hope she was alright. She wasn’t in the warrior’s den and the elder’s den. Oddly, I find Mapledrift in the medicine cat’s den. Confusion hits my head like a rock, I don’t know what is happening. Iceflower is running around her, Sandkit and Rainshine are laying on the moss next to her. I ask her why she is in the medicine den. I wonder if she is sick with Greencough, if that is I wonder who would be my temporary mentor. Then, I hear an answer and it is unexpected. I gulp, my mentor is having kits…

I step out of the den, I am worried and happy for Mapledrift. My mentor was having kits and that was a big thing, I wondered who her mate was. I was worried about leaf-bare, it was the coldest leaf-bare. It wasn’t a great time to have kits. Bluefire comes towards me and I give her a nod. Bluefire tells me I’m going to go on a border patrol with her at Moon High, since I’m not allowed to go to the Gathering today. I sign, at least something would keep me busy.

The bright colors of the sunset hung over the BlogClan camp. Despite the beginning of leaf-bare, it was bright outside. The chilly breeze sings a lullaby as I dash into the medicine cat’s den to see if my mentor is fine. I noticed that Mapledrift was dozing near the rocks, where sunshine lit it’s shiny yet dark surface, near to the queens’ den. It only felt natural that she would stand up and join our patrol, but as soon as I caught sight of her swollen stomach, I remembered she was pregnant. How could I have forgotten! A mix of thoughts, good and bad, crossed my mind, as I remembered that I had to be on the next border patrol.

Near the BlogClan border, I go on the border patrol, Bluefire is next to me, setting scent markers. Pebblepaw is behind her making sure that Bluefire hasn’t missed an area. But I smell something odd, I don’t know if the other members in the clan smell it. Bluefire and Pebblepaw don’t seem to look baffled, Doeleap doesn’t either. I ask them if they have smelled anything. Bluefire laughs, but I know that something is wrong. Pebblepaw and Doeleap both shook and tilted their heads, looking confused. They start to laugh until they all see that I am right, at that, I laughed silently in my mind. Because a fox appeared right in front of them…

Doeleap makes the first move, she leaps onto the fox and sinks her claws into its pelt. I think that was a good move, but actually, it was not. The fox rolled onto its back and squashed Doeleap underneath. Bluefire drew blood out of it’s belly. It screamed. I stood there and watched, dazed, terrified. I decide to do something. With unsheathed claws, I charge at the fox. I jump and land onto the foxes face. A memory of my last battle training with Briarpaw is played in my mind. I could have killed her if I used my claws to slice through her eyes. I sink my claws into the fox’s eyes and it falls. I leap down. Doeleap stood up with a few scratches. Bluefire is fine. “Good job, Monkeypaw,” Bluefire tells me. I killed the fox and I can do it again.

I signed I’m already so tired. Doeleap and Bluefire don’t look so good either. Pebblepaw comes back with Blueheart and Ivystone at her side. At the corner of my eye, I spot more foxes and more warriors. I begin to worry, thousands of violent thoughts cloud my mind. This was all not going to plan, this should have been a peaceful meeting. I thought to kill that single fox had ended this minor battle. Cheetahspark growled. Emberdawn snarled. Owlwater got into position. The foxes made noises in response. The foxes ran at them. The Warriors raced towards them. Cries erupted from both sides. They leaped into battle in front of my eyes. Blood scattered across the floor. I look around, thinking about where I should start. And then I realize the real battle had only just begun…

• September 20, 2019 at 7:41 pm

Interesting 😀 Quick word of advice, try to keep to one tense throughout your writing! For the most part, you write in present tense (“I dash into the medicine cat’s den,” “Doeleap makes the first move,” “I gulp, I am terrified,” etc), but occasionally there’s a sprinkle of past tense that breaks up the flow of the story, like the following two sentences:
      “Doeleap makes the first move, she leaps onto the fox and sinks her claws into its pelt. I think that was a good move, but actually, it was not.”
      All of a sudden, it switches from present tense to past tense before switching back again, which can take the reader out of the story instead of being fully immersed in it. Staying consistent is super important in writing 🙂

Moderator, BlogClan's Deputy

September 21, 2019 at 3:40 am

Thank you Emby!

10. Brightpaw/pool
    September 20, 2019 at 4:46 pm

Hey everyone! I’m currently working on a fanfic mostly for myself, but I thought it’d be fun to share the first chapter or so on here. I really would like feedback/criticism, because I feel like a reader would fall asleep within the first few paragraphs (my writing is better in later chapters, though. I think.) If ya’ll get confused and want the allegiances, I’ll share them in a separate comment.

So you guys would probably like the basic history. I came up with some 4 Clans which were started by kittypets and a rogue. They needed to find a place where their new Clans could connect to StarClan, so they went on a big journey. On the journey, RiseClan (equivalent of WindClan) had some trouble. Risestar’s health was failing and the deputy died. When they finally established new territory, Risestar died. So my story is the events directly after that. So here it is:

Chapter One
    ~~~~
    Risestar was dead, the Clan was falling apart, and it was time for Adderstrike to take action.

He hurried across the dead, frosted earth of the moor and coursed through his plans, reminding himself that RiseClan needed a leader, no matter the method used.

He glanced at his apprentice. His stomach growled at the scent of the blackbird she carried, blood still seeping at the edge of its neck bite. It was a rare find. The moor hummed with stillness, not a chirp or rustle to be heard. The crunching of his steps in snow seemed deafening.

Leopardpaw was strong in mind and body, but Adderstrike knew she would follow those she admired unquestionably. Adderstrike had gained that admiration over the moons. Despite her inexperience she would make the perfect deputy.

Leopardpaw’s movements were steady as usual, though her eyes held a shadow of nervousness. Worried about her assessment, Adderstrike mused. We didn’t train much. She’ll ask to practice more, but I can’t wait.

“I should see Bluesong.” Adderstrike told her. He swallowed, then made a face. “Throat hurts.”

“Oh. Hope you feel better,” Leopardpaw said, raising her head quickly. “Do you mind if I train with Frostpaw?”

Adderstrike nodded.

As soon as they reached the camp entrance, Leopardpaw deposited her prey and padded away. Adderstrike headed to Bluesong’s den, shivers jolting through his spine.

“Why, hello, Adderstrike.” Bluesong said. She was sorting herbs in a gentle, careful manner, looking over her shoulder for only a moment before returning to her work. “Feeling okay?”

Adderstrike had never done anything like this. I should get used to it, though. He took a breath. “Bluesong, I’m going to need a favor.”

“What favor?” Bluesong’s movement paused.

“I need you…” Adderstrike said. “I need you to make me leader. Through a vision.”

“You want me to lie about a vision?” Bluesong’s voice was cool, emotionless.

“Yes. It will work out in the end. I’m going to make the Clan strong; the warrior code is flawed, and I’ll make it better.”

“StarClan will decide our leader. They’ve been silent so far, and I respect that.” Bluesong said.

“You’ll destroy the Clan with that nonsense, Bluesong.” Adderstrike felt a familiar, slow irritation flaring in his chest, a flame twisting and curling up his throat. Of course she doesn’t get it!

“I trust in StarClan. You must as well.” Bluesong’s voice was rising. He eyes were flickering in an effort to keep calm.

“Keep your voice down.” Adderstrike curled his lips into a snarl, stalking closer. “We trusted in StarClan. We’ve been trusting in them for moons. And what have they done? Nothing.” He slowly, silently, unsheathed his claws.

“Adderstrike. Listen to me.” Her voice shook. “I can’t remember a time when our ancestors have been wrong. They will choose the right cat—we must hold on a little longer.”

“We will all die because you wish upon stars!” Adderstrike spat. “Because of you, there will be three Clans left at the Falls!”

“You are asking me to do something against everything I believe in!” Bluesong snapped. “You teach Leopardpaw to fight with claws unsheathed. You are threatening your medicine cat! You are bloodthirsty as well as power-hungry!”

“It is my strength! Our enemies will cower before us!” Adderstrike said. “I will ask you one more time. Make me leader.”

“I won’t!”

Adderstrike held a claw at Bluesong’s throat. She stumbled, pressing her back against the soil wall. “Make me leader or your sister is dead. You will suffer.” Adderstrike growled.

He didn’t know where all of it was coming from. He’d experienced anger before, of course, but nothing like this. It clawed at his mind, screamed in his ears, beat in his chest—and a small voice inside of him whispered, louder and louder, that he had power. There was a glow, a triumph, racing through him, that made him unstoppable, that sent a yearning to grasp this feeling firmly and not let go.

Bluesong’s mouth opened and closed, her eyes widening in terror. “I… I… you can’t kill Frostpaw! She’s an apprentice, for StarClan’s sake!”

“Willing to take your chances on that?” Adderstrike said.

Bluesong scrabbled to duck below Adderstrike, but he seized her from beneath, and felt his claws dig into the flesh of her underbelly. Bluesong opened her jaws to yell.

“Don’t make a sound,” Adderstrike said, shoving her onto the floor. As he drew out his crimson-soaked paw, his heart skipped a beat. The metal-scent made him want to gag.

Bluesong winced. “Adderstrike, I’ll do it. Just spare Frostpaw, please!”

Adderstrike drew away. “Make sure your word is kept.” He licked blood off his paw, the salty bitterness thick on his tongue. A jolt of nausea pressed his throat.

A thought settled in his head, half with uncertainty, half with relief.

RiseClan was saved.

• Blossomkit/ Blossomsong
      September 21, 2019 at 2:57 am

This is really good! Please continue

👻🎃💀🎃💀🎃👻

• Eagleclaw
      September 22, 2019 at 9:30 pm

Very nice! 😀 The first paragraph is a great hook to engage the reader for the remaining content, which was equally exciting.

11. September 20, 2019 at 6:31 pm

Horizon of Fire CHAPTER ONE:

Blaze’s fiery scales bristled as they flew against the winds, the clouds covering the sun up above them. Celeste confidently led the way, her blue green eyes narrowed. “Are we close?” Blaze called, panting.

Celeste frowned. “Yes, about ten more miles.” She said, furrowing her eyebrows. Maple looked around dreamily. “It’ll soon be dark…do you think we can make it back in time?” She queried.
    The EtherWing shifted her wings as she shrugged, the howling winds echoing among the mountains.

Blaze Focused his attention on Celeste.
    She had been acting weird ever since she got back from hunting…’What happened?’ Blaze thought.
    Suddenly, raindrops started to fall from the clouds, covering the dragonets’ scales.
    Blaze flinched. “Ow! Great!” He spat sarcastically. Maple’s dark green eyes rounded with concern. “We should find some shelter.” She commented, resting her wing on Blaze’s shoulder.

Celeste looked back at the three. “I’m sorry, we’re almost there!” The pain in Blaze’s scales increased as the rain poured harder, making him shriek in pain. Serge helped Blaze, supporting him with his shoulder. “He can’t fly! Come on!”
    Thunder struck in the sky as the dragonets flew faster, a storm rising in the skies.

Scowling, Blaze saw a blurry Kingdom far away. “Is that it?!” He called to Celeste, who bristled at the rain. “I believe so! We’re close!” Excitement bubbled in her voice as she spread her wings and stretched her senses forward.
    Blaze and the others watched her intently, his wings bristling.

“This storm will last all night. Let’s hurry!” Celeste reported, diving down towards the mountains. The dragonets followed her, seeing the glowing white gates come brighter and closer as they neared.
    Dropping down onto the ground, Celeste flew inside the gates, hurrying the dragonets in.
    The gates closed with a big bang.

“Come on! I know where my house is.” Celeste pushed them forward, grabbing clothes from an alley and covering them. ‘This is a relief…’ Blaze thought with a sigh, glaring at the storm.
    The streets were empty, no guards in sight as the dragonets sneaked past the dead marketplace and down Celeste’s street.

“Are your parents home?” Maple asked.
    “Yes, but they won’t mind.” Celeste smiled innocently. “Your parents won’t mind that you’re hiding criminals with you?” Serge countered, his golden eyes stretched wide.
    “You were all FRAMED.” Celeste reminded them with a flick of her tail, “Beside, if they mind, my brother won’t.”

“You have a brother?” Blaze growled. “Yes, why?” Celeste narrowed her eyes. “Too many dragons in the house!” Blaze groaned, twitching his fiery tail.
    “I’ll keep you safe, that’s my point.” Celeste reassured the three dragonets with glowing eyes.

“Is that your house?” Maple pointed her tail to a pretty White House covered in vines at the corner. “Yes, come on.” Celeste beckoned her tail as she glided over to the door, slipping inside and hurrying them inside.

Blaze let out a sigh of relief at the warmth pulsing inside the home, his scales glowing like the sun. Maple shook her wet wings, her ears twitching. “Are they asleep?”
    “I think so.”
    Celeste looked around the house, “Follow me.” Leading the dragonets across the room, she disappeared inside a room.

Her room was filled with drawings and books of herbs and flowers. Her bed was across the room with white rags, a big wooden chest beside it.
    Celeste scavenged the chest frantically, her scales shifting. Blaze watched her with arched eyebrows. “What are you…?”
    “I’m finding rags for you three to wear- white ones.” Celeste cut him off with a sigh.

Blaze nodded.
    Suddenly, a big knock on the door made all four flinch. “Celeste?!” It was the EtherWing’s parents. “Oh no.” Celeste frowned. “Are you sure they’ll be happy to see us?” Serge shivered anxiously.
    “Hide in my…hide in my closet, now!” Celeste shiver them roughly inside the closet, her blue green eyes wide.

Blaze hissed in protest as Serge’s wings slapped his face, Maple’s snout at his shoulder. The door slammed shut, darkness flooding Blaze’s vision.
    He heard voices outside as Celeste opened the door, “Yes, Mom?” She kindly said.
    “Sweetie, What’s all this commotion about?” A dragon said, her voice soft and gentle.
    “Oh sorry. I was just trying to find something…” Celeste mumbled under her breath.
    “Do you know where your brother is?” Another dragon said, his voice deep and polite.

“No, he might be on patrol.” Celeste shrugged.
    Blaze peeked through a hole in the doorway.
    The mother was a lithe sunset colored dragon, her yellow green eyes round and anxious.
    The father was tall and slim, his silver scales glowing like the moon. His eyes were narrow and blue green.
    Celeste looked very similar to her father, though she received her big eyes from her mother and her lithe shape.

“On patrol? During a storm? The Kingdom doesn’t allow that!” Celeste’s mother gaped. “Oh Sunset, calm down. I’m sure he’s fine.” The dragon twined his tail with hers. Sunset rested her head on his shoulder with a deep sigh. “You’re probably right…”
    Celeste’s father stared at his daughter curiously. “Where have you been? I heard the door-“

“I was on a walk with Spitfire.” Celeste cut him off quickly, ending her sentence casually. “Right…” her father murmured, “Well, I’ll let you find your item. Come on, Sunset, let’s get dinner ready.” Turning around, the two exited the room, Celeste slowly closing the door behind them.
    When silence fell, the door was opened by the young EtherWing, the three dragonets gasping for air.

“Dinner? I’m hungry…” Serge breathed, his scales glowing. Celeste rolled her eyes. “You Three Stay in here. I’ll give you dinner when everyone is asleep!” She ordered sternly, her eyes anxious.
    “Are you okay?” Maple frowned at her.
    “I’m fine.” Celeste shifted her scales and walked out of the room with a lash of her tail.

Blaze narrowed his eyes as he stared after her. He knew something wasn’t right. “She’s acting weird.” Serge echoed his thoughts.
    “I know.” Blaze sighed, settling into the bed with a yawn. “Do you think something happened during the hunt?” Maple twitched worriedly.
    Serge looked after Celeste at the door. “Possibly…”

“I’m sleeping. I’m too hungry and I need to pass the time.” Blaze muttered as he closed his eyes. Maple nodded and settled on the floor.
    Serge looked out the window impatiently. Blaze felt like he could see the dragon’s thoughts running through his eyes.

Closing his eyes, he finally let himself rest and drift off into sleep.

September 21, 2019 at 3:42 am

This is good Blossom! Good job!!!! I can’t wait for the next part!!!

12. Monkeyfur
    September 21, 2019 at 4:34 am

Chapter 2!!!
    FEATURES VIPERFROST, BLUEHEART, HAWTHORNPAW, AND PINEBLOSSOM!!! They will also be featured in the next part since they weren’t really shown in this part.

There are too many foxes. Blogstar tells BlogClan’s warriors to retreat. The warriors scramble back to camp. I follow Viperfrost and Blueheart, I know that they can protect me, so I trust them. Blueheart turns around and slashes at a fox. The fox smashes down onto the grass floor. Crying tears violently out of it’s miniscule eyes. Viperfrost torn out a fox’s leg. I tried my best to help, but I wasn’t that great at fighting.

A fox begins to creep behind me and I can hear it, I turn around and snarl, just to make myself seem scary. I leap onto the fox, the fox surprisingly takes a step to the left, so I miss it. I land on the floor and tumble. I grunt, I failed, but I wouldn’t make that mistake again. I circle back, my front legs are bruised, but I believe in myself. I would make Mapledrift proud, I would make Silverheart proud. I jump in the air and I sink my claws into an orange, thick fur. I had done it, I got onto the fox, I dragged myself up it’s sleek body and wrap my claws around the fox’s neck.

It choked. I was suddenly hopeful. It stopped breathing. I felt accomplished. It’s heart rate slowed. I made Mapledrift and Silverheart proud. It fell onto the ground. I was on a streak, two foxes were killed by me, but I wondered how many more there were. I was thinking until I heard a scream.

It wasn’t really a scream, someone was calling out a name. It was Pineblossom, I jumped up. “Who was she calling for?” I wonder, as I scramble towards her, but in the corner of my eye I spot something, a small kit with brown fur, cornered by two foxes. I wonder who it was. I pad closer to see, it is Hawthornkit…

• 🐍❄Viperfrost, Allegiances Editor Edition❄🐍
      September 21, 2019 at 3:40 pm

Oh wow I tore out a fox’s leg? :O I’m like the strongest warrior ever 😛

#Vouch4Viper

• Pineblossom
      September 22, 2019 at 11:54 pm

Wait is Hawthorn my kit??!?

~ fall breeze autumn leaves ~

September 23, 2019 at 3:46 am

Yes she is!

13. Eaglefrost
    September 21, 2019 at 6:26 am

This is a short piece I wrote for Raven’s angst contest. I was listening to Skillet’s song Lucy and it inspired this work.
    Fair warning, parts of it may seem like slash, but it’s not. And also, the main character is very OOC at times, but whatever. 😛

A cat kneels on the ground and his nose touches a freshly covered pile of dirt. His voice cracks as he begins to sing in a throaty baritone, “Hey Stonefur, I remember your face. I left a pile of flowers on your grave today.” He pauses for a moment to wipe away a pile of dead leaves. “I’m in the grass on my paws, wiping leaves away. I just came to talk for a while, got some things I need to say.”

The cat trembles. Oh StarClan, how could I have been so stupid? “Now that I’ve done it, I just wanna forget. I’d give up my whole Clan to meet him and ask him to forgive me.” He sighs, tears running down his muzzle. “Now that I’ve done it, I just wanna forget. But I’ve gotta live with the choice that I made. And I can’t live with myself today.” I can never come before StarClan after what I have done. I will never be a true leader.

“Blackfoot, what are you doing here?” a quiet voice meows, startling the first cat.

He relaxes, realizing that the cat is only Littlecloud, their medicine cat, and not a hostile RiverClan cat. Blackfoot coughs, unsure of how to respond. “Visiting Stonefur?” he responds, feeling heat rise up in his chest, hating how unsure of himself he sounds.

Littlecloud’s eyes grow soft with sympathy. “Blackfoot, you made a mistake, but what cat is perfect? That’s why we need mercy and forgiveness.” The medicine cat beckons Blackfoot with his tail. “Come, StarClan are waiting for you to receive your nine lives.”

Blackfoot follows Littlecloud, his pawsteps heavy with guilt and shame. A new emotion swirls in his chest: anxiety. What if StarClan won’t receive me after what I’ve done? What I’ve done is no different than what Brokenstar did when he was leader. I killed an innocent cat in cold blood, just like he did.

Looking away from his friend, Blackfoot continues his song: “Hey Stonefur, I remember your bravery. It might bring closure to say your name. I know I’d do it all different if I had the chance. But all I’ve got are these flowers to give, and they can’t help me make amends.”

“Blackfoot, we’re here,” Littlecloud announces, interrupting his quiet song.

A new wave of terror washes over him as he stares into the cave of Mothermouth. The moon strikes the stone and the cave erupts with light. StarClan, I’m unworthy, he whispers to himself as he lays down to enter into StarClan’s realm. But I pray that you would receive me anyway.

Without warning, Blackfoot jolts awake, surrounded by cats he never would have thought he’d see again. He scans the crowd, but the one cat he is hoping he’ll see is absent. “Now that I’ve done it, I just wanna forget. I’d give up my whole to meet him and ask him to forgive. Now that I’ve done it, I just wanna forget. But I’ve gotta live with the choice that I made and I can’t live with myself today.”

He barely pays attention to the first eight cats who give him lives, desperately praying that he can speak with Stonefur. And as if his thoughts summoned him, the tom steps out from the back of the crowd, a soft gaze on his face.

Blackfoot is barely able to open his mouth before he breaks down into sobs. “I’m so sorry Stonefur, I’m so sorry,” he mumbles, not even trying to stop the tears.

Stonefur touches his nose to Blackfoot’s own. “I forgave you the moment I joined StarClan,” he whispers. “With this life, I give you mercy. Use it to forgive those who don’t deserve it, and that includes yourself.”

A peace spreads throughout his body and he suddenly feels a giant weight being lifted off of his shoulders. He no longer is afraid to stand before StarClan. “Here you are, right in front of me. I’ve never wanted anything so bad. You’ve given me a brand start to live the life that I was meant to have.”

“Blackstar!” Stonefur cries his new name loud enough that every cat in the world would hear him. Stonefur’s eyes shine with pride.

StarClan echoes Stonefur’s call, each cat’s voice distinct and joyous.

Stonefur fades and Blackstar is once again in Mothermouth. “Oh Littlecloud, I saw him, I saw him,” Blackstar whispers, his voice full of awe.

Littlecloud purrs. A knowing glint shines in his eyes. “See? I told you StarClan would receive you.”

“Me and Stonefur hunting side by side. Me and Stonefur never gonna fight. I’ll see you, in another life, in StarClan, where I’ll never be ashamed,” Blackstar sings, moving his head towards Silverpelt. “Now that I’ve done it, I just wanna forget. I’ve gotta live with the choice that I made, but I can finally live with myself today.”

Stonefur’s scent surrounds him and Blackstar grins. “Here you are, standing in front of me. Here you are, giving me a brand-new start. I’ve gotta live with the choice that I made, and I can live with myself today.”

Images invade Blackstar’s mind and he finds himself in StarClan’s hunting grounds, with Stonefur by his side. “Me and Stonefur hunting side by side. Me and Stonefur never gonna fight. I’ve gotta live with the choice that I made, but I can live with myself today.”

Blackstar takes one last glance at Mothermouth before he enters into the heart of his camp, a sense of renewal overwhelming him. “Hey, Stonefur, I remembered your face.”

I’ll fight the elements.

• Cheetahspark
      September 21, 2019 at 3:47 pm

I know you said this wasn’t a slash fic but omg I ship 😛 This was sooo good <33

Spidey4SW

• Eaglefrost
        September 22, 2019 at 3:38 am

Lol, thanks. Glad it turned out okay. I felt like it was rushed but it was an idea that I got stuck in my head and I just had to get out. Oh, if you remember my comment from a long long time ago, Blackfoot, in my mind, is voiced by Alec Baldwin, hence, the baritone. Also, I have a weird thing for baritones. 😛

I’ll fight the elements.

• Cheetahspark
          September 22, 2019 at 4:00 pm

Blackstar is such a baritone

I desperately need Alec Baldwin as him

Spidey4SW

• Eagleclaw
      September 22, 2019 at 11:13 am

Very nice. 🙂 Your use of present tense was especially seamless. And, of course, 10/10 for Blackstar singing. 😛