Warriors Fan Fiction

Welcome to the new fan fiction page! Post your fan fiction in a comment box below to share it with BlogClan. Have fun and keep creating.

Nobody will stop you from creating. Do it tonight. Do it tomorrow. That is the way to make your soul grow – whether there is a market for it or not! The kick of creation is the act of creating, not anything that happens afterward. I would tell all of you watching this screen: Before you go to bed, write a four line poem. Make it as good as you can. Don’t show it to anybody. Put it where nobody will find it. And you will discover that you have your reward.

Kurt Vonnegut

(You can find the Old Fan Fiction Page here)

17,773 Replies to “Warriors Fan Fiction”

1. Clo who has a mentor :)
    June 11, 2019 at 6:08 am

Chapter Four
    Dandystar twitched his whiskers as he walked to the edge of the big rock, “My clan! Starclan has spoken, they want us to split up, so our descendants may flourish.” Every cat was silent as he went on, “A group of cats will journey beyond our territory, they will find a new home and bloom there, while the rest of us bloom here.”
    Applebreeze sighed and looked up at the sky, Why Starclan?Why? Dandystar pushed a pile of pebbles in the middle of the clearing, “If you want to leave and journey to a new home, you will put a stone here,” he clawed a line in the ground, “And if you wish to stay, you will put your stone here.” he clawed a circle in the ground.
    The air was heavy as Twinkleheart stepped forward and placed her pebble in the ‘stay’ circle, “I believe, Quailsong was given the visions, so I could stay here, and she can go with the leaving group.” Quailsong nodded determinedly and pushed her pebble on the ‘leave’ line.
    Poppysong shifted to grab a pebble for herself, Reedstep, and Applebreeze. Applebreeze ruffled his fur, What should I choose? he flicked his tail. Hopepaw chose to stay while Dustynose chose to leave, Mintfang will stay and Jaggedmoon will leave. As the stones were cast by many other cats, Applebreeze tilted his head, Maybe I should leave, I need some excitement he nodded to himself, deciding to leave. He grabbed his stone, about to push it in the leave pile, when Reedstep straightened, Reedstep let his eyes drop as he pushed his stone in the ‘leave’ pile.
    Applebreeze let out a breath of surprise, while Poppysong gawked, “Wha-” Reedstep turned his head, “I need to go.” he whispered. Applebreeze saw hurt in Poppysong’s eyes, “But our k-kits!” she cried. Reedstep looked at his paws as he sat beside Dustynose.
    Applebreeze noticed Poppysong start to wobble, he ran over to support her wait. Now I must stay, I need to help Poppysong he sighed. What was wrong withReedstep? Applebreeze thought he was a good cat, but to leave your mate and unborn kits? He shook his and steadied Poppysong. When every cat had cast a stone, there were two groups in the clearing.
    “Say your goodbyes, my clan, for come sun high, these cats will be long out of our territory.” Applebreeze stayed beside the shaking Poppysong while most cats touched noses. He noticed Reedstep and Dustynose muttering darkly. Applebreeze narrowed his eyes, What a traitor! Applebreeze was so busy watching Reedstep he hadn’y noticed Quailsong padding sadly near him.
    “Oh, uh Quailsong,” he said awkwardly. Quailsong looked at him with big round eyes, “Goodbye Applebreeze.” she whispered. Applebreeze dipped his head, “Safe journeys my friend.” Quailsong dragged her paws to the gathering group at the entrance of the camp. Poppysong sat up and glared right at Reedstep, “My kits will never know their fathers name!” She hissed at him.Applebreeze soothed her by rubbing his tail along her back.
    Dandystar closed his eyes, “Farewell, and may Starclan light your path.” Jaggedmoon was the first to leave, then Dustynose, then Reedstep, and everycat after, until the group was gone. “I can’t believe it.” Poppysong cried, “I thought he loved me.” she collapsed. Applebreeze steadied her again. They sat for a long while, just watching the camp, side by side. “It’ll be okay Poppysong, these kits will know nothing but love, and they’ll have the best mother. There will be no shortage here.” Applebreeze whispered in her ear.
    Applebreeze noticed the little pang, that always beat him when he saw Poppysong and Reedstep together, was gone, now he felt… free. Poppysong’s eyes no longer had pain or hurt in them, “You’re right Applebreeze, they’ll be no shortage, because they will grow up with a father, and this father will three times as good as Reedstep could’ve ever been.” Poppysong looked him straight in the eye, “Applebreeze, their father will be you.” Applebreeze felt joy spread through him. “Are-Are you sure?” Poppysong slapped him in the face with her tail playfully, “Of course i’m sure.”
    ____________________________________________________________________________________________________
    hope you enjoyed it! 🙂 Chapter five will be out soon

You are amazing,remember that.

2. June 11, 2019 at 7:25 am

Does anyone want me to continue posting Misfits when I have finished Chapter 1 ?
    Idk whether many people really liked the prologue

Somewhere that’s Green

3. Moonie is too tired to type her full name
    June 12, 2019 at 7:43 pm

The Expecting Apprentice

Chapter 1

Jaykit and I padded through the forest, our tails wound together. I purred and giggled at Jaykit, and loved the peace and quiet.
    “I love being together,” Jaykit sighed, and looked around the rich green forest.
    “Me too,” I replied, “it’s way better than being stuck in the nursery.”
    “Yeah,” Jaykit giggled.
    Jaykit and I kept padding through the forest, avoiding patrols and clan cats. They each tried to remember the way their brother and sister had described the territory. Jaykit remembered a bit more than me. He led the way to the edge of ThunderClan’s territory. I pondered wether this was the right idea, to leave the clans and their lives. Jaykit barely cared about the border, but I couldn’t do it.
    “I’m too scared Jaykit!” I called over to him, “I can’t do it!”
    Jaykit rolled his eyes and pulled me over, and I pushed back. “We can’t just leave our family, our brother, our friends!” I wailed, “Imagine how mother and father would feel! They would have lost two brave, noble kits!”
    “I thought we were friends,” Jaykit replied coldly. I shied away from his as he padded towards me. “Come on, our family doesn’t care about us. They made Rosekit and Eaglekit apprentices before us, thinking we were newborn kits in Hollyshade’s litter. Do you really want that? A family that forgets we exist?”
    Jaykit growled and snapped at my hind leg. I stared at him in shock.
    “We are brother and sister! We are not supposed to attack each other!” I cried.
    “Well that changes now, unless you come with me,” Jaykit hissed, “To become a loner and be cared for.”
    I stared numbly at him in shock. Why would he ever want to become a loner? How would a loner be cared for?
    Jaykit hissed, and went into a battle stance, just like Rosepaw and Eaglepaw did when they were play fighting outside the nursery. I tried to copy him, but his frown turned into a sneer.
    There was nothing left to do but run.

Chapter 2

I ran through the trees, not caring if I was hurt or wounded, wanting to escape my brother. I ran for my life as Jaykit tried to catch me. I was too fast. I leaped over the fallen tree trunk in one leap. I escaped back to camp, the brambles tearing at my sides, and ripping flesh nearly to the bone. I tripped cats as I went, but I didn’t care. I ran into a familiar scent. Snowfeather.
    “Snowfeather! Jaykit is trying to kill me!” My breath came in short, fast gasps, “He is chasing me!”
    Snowfeather laughed, and blocked the fast-approaching Jaykit with one paw. I shied away from the maniac-kit, and buried my face into the white she-cat’s fur.
    “Who are you?” Snowfeather asked.
    I stood, rooted to the ground in shock. My mother doesn’t recognise me!
    “I am your daughter, Berrykit,” I breathed.
    Recognition flickered in Snowfeather’s eyes.
    “Berrykit! Jaykit!” She purred and wrapped her poofy tail around the battling kits. “Why aren’t you apprentices? Like Eaglepaw and Rosepaw?”
    “You forgot that we existed,” Jaykit hissed.
    Snowfeather’s eyes flooded with guilt. “I am deeply sorry, but I was expecting another litter of kits, and it confused my mind,” She glanced down at her belly, which I had never noticed that it had swelled and grown. “I will talk to Ivystar about making you apprentices.”
    I bounced up and down, feeling my fur fluff up in excitement. Exhilaration rushed through my veins, and I skipped around in a small circle. Jaykit just stood and stared at the ground. I tilted my head, and lifted his up. Rage burned in his eyes, and his claws were still unsheathed. He didn’t stare at me this time, he seemed to be staring past me. I padded over to stand beside him, and saw Rosepaw and Eaglepaw standing together, practicing battle moves and scuffing their paws on the leafy floor. I sighed in sadness, and padded over to the apprentices den. I saw piles of mossy nests, warm and cosy. Two were still cold, probably supposed to be for the two kits. I skipped around the other used nests, and chose the warmest-looking nest. I buried my nose into the fluffy moss, and sneezed.
    “Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath High-ledge for a clan meeting!”

Chapter 3

I padded outside, finding rows of cats surrounding the ledge. I padded between them, and pushed my way to the front where Jaykit was standing. I did a little bounce on the spots, and I heard a couple of purrs.
    “Jaykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Jaypaw. Your mentor will be Rootspring. I hope Rootspring will pass down all he knows on to you,” Ivystar yowled the words cats have for centuries.
    “Rootspring, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Dewspring and you have shown yourself to be brave and noble to ThunderClan. You will be the mentor of Jaypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Jaypaw.”
    Rootspring and Jaypaw touched noses, and Jaypaw was bumped by a bystander, so Rootspring got a bit of a push more than a touch. I purred at the mentor and apprentice.
    “Berrykit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Berrypaw. Your mentor will be Bristlefrost. I hope Bristlefrost will pass down all she knows on to you,” Ivystar announced her apprentice ceremony, loud enough for ShadowClan to hear it.
    “Bristlefrost, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from Rosepetal, and you have shown yourself to be Quick-thinking and Loyal. You will be the mentor of Berrypaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to Berrypaw,” Ivystar finished, and smiled down at the two apprentices.
    I padded over to the experienced warrior, and lightly touched noses with her.

Chapter 4

Jaypaw, Volepaw, and I padded through the forest, excited for the events tomorrow. They all had just finished battle practice, and were pumped up for the next day. Bristlefrost, Rootspring, and Finleap has trained us hard, trying to make us as experienced as my brother and sister. They had been training for nearly a moon now, and tonight was the gathering. All of the apprentices desperately want to go.
    I kept bumping into Volepaw, and embarrassment flowed through my veins. I kinda liked him, he was gentle and kind, and never teased me or Jaypaw for being ‘just out of the nursery’. Volepaw was taller than me, although he was apprenticed at the same time as Eaglepaw and Rosepaw. The dark tom kept looking down at me with his warm amber eyes, and I thought I saw a flicker of love. I jumped back, startled.
    I kept padding through the forest, feeling smaller and smaller by the second. I looked up at the tom, but he was staring ahead. I looked down, disappointed.
    I saw the bramble entrance get closer, and I ran through the little hole that I always used when I wanted to get away from a place. I entered the apprentices den, and curled up in my nest. I noticed that Volepaw had moved his nest right next to mine. I smiled and rested my head on my paws.
    I was dreaming. A trickle of water sounded from ahead of me, so I set off on the soft green grass to find it. I spotted a couple of cats, but they seemed clearer than normal ones. I curiously padded over to them. They looked like they were made of stars. Was this StarClan?
    “We have waited long to see you, Berrypaw,” A voice boomed, “Do you know who I am?”
    The voice seemed to be coming from one of the starry cats. The mouth opened again, revealing a tunnel of blackness. I shook my head shakily, answering to the voice.
    “I am Firestar, warrior of StarClan,” The fading orange tom replied with a large voice. I shivered under his pale shadow, “This is Bluestar, Squirrelstar, and Bramblestar, all once leaders of ThunderClan.”
    A very pale blue-gray she-cat, a solid dark ginger she-cat with bright green eyes, and a solid dark brown tom with blazing amber eyes stood beside the faded orange tom. The dark tom’s eyes stared at me and I shivered. His body seemed to be familiar as if I had seen them before. Or heard.
    “You have a great destiny, something that no other cat has done before,” Firestar announced, his voice noble and telling me that he was an important cat.
    I shivered and started to run away, like I did with Jaypaw.
    But I just woke up in my nest.

Chapter 5

Volepaw, Eaglepaw, Rosepaw, Whiskerpaw, and Jaypaw stood over me, staring at me.
    “Are you okay?”
    “Are you hurt?”
    “Was it a dream?”
    Voices kept pounding at my head, and Firestar’s words kept flashing in my mind.
    “Give her room to breathe!” A familiar voice sounded from the entrance, “Let me through, let me through.”
    Bristlefrost pushed her way to the front of the crowd. Her eyes went wide as she realised what happened.
    “Berrypaw, come with me,” She meowed, and gave a glance at each apprentice, telling them to back off.
    Bristlefrost padded out the entrance, and I tentatively followed. She walked out of the entrance with me at her heels. I wondered why she had to take me out of camp just to talk about a ripped nest and a nightmare. Bristlefrost stopped beside a nice holly bush, and lay down on some moss just beside it. I settled beside her, a bit confused and excited for what she was going to say.
    “Berrypaw, I know what it is like to have dreams from StarClan.” Bristlefrost meowed solemnly, and I stared at her in wonder. That was a dream from StarClan?
    “I have dreams from StarClan. Rootspring was just Rootpaw when I first knew him. I fell in love with him,” Bristlefrost didn’t seem to want to catch my eye, “And before I knew it, I was carrying his kits.”
    I immediately thought of Volepaw for some reason when she kept talking about love and kits, and about the look he had sneaked me on patrol. Bristlefrost interrupted my thoughts.
    “I know how scary your first dream from StarClan can be.” The gray she-cat continued, “I was terrified, but if you were given one dream from StarClan, there’s bound to be more.”
    “Do you mean, more dreams from StarClan?” I asked shyly, my voice faltering as I thought of the noble important Firestar that I dreamed of.
    “Yes, I know they are scary,” Bristlefrost looked down at me, empathy flooding her expression.
    I shrank back, scared, and ran. I ran as fast as a could.

4. Clo who has a mentor :)
    June 13, 2019 at 9:16 pm

Chapter Five
    Applebreeze spent the day hunting happily, he stomped down on a mouse drowsily. Hunting was good since half the clan left, it had been 3 moons. Applebreeze sat up and thought about Poppysong, her kits were do any time soon and he started to worry again, What if she’s in trouble! When he stood up to go to camp he noticed Seedtuft staring at him with an eyebrow raised.
    Applebreeze flicked his tail, “What?” Seedtuft was his annoying litter-mate. Seedtuft rolled his eyes, “This whole hunting patrol you’ve been daydreaming about Poppysong.” Applebreeze stiffened, “I have not!” Seedtuft rolled his eyes again, “I know you’re worried about her kitting, so go ahead to camp, I’ll try and find some more prey.” Applebreeze beamed, “Thanks!” Without waiting for an answer he darted off.
    Twinkleheart was padding out of the nursery, “Are they here?” Applebreeze breathed, Twinkleheart smiled and Applebreeze pushed through the lichen into the nursery. Poppysong was admiring her kits while they snuggled close to her stomach. Applebreeze stared in wonder, “Poppysong…they’re…they’re beautiful!” he whisper shouted. There was an orange tom and a brown she-cat with white flecks, they both had traits that painfully reminded him of Reedstep.
    Poppysong nodded and frowned, guessing who he was thinking of, “They are..the tom is Smashkit and the she-cat is Lightkit.” Applebreeze rubbed his face against hers,he felt a strong love when he looked at the kits They’ll never be alone, never…

You are amazing,remember that.

• June 13, 2019 at 9:22 pm

😀
      so sad that they had to look like Mr.Reedstep

Your Majesty, Sparklestar

5. June 14, 2019 at 3:22 pm

Heyo. This is my entry for Moon’s FanFic Contest, which I really hope is still going on oof 😛 But yeah, here it is 😛

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Dying Love

—————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–

Oakheart was looking at her, his eyes glowing like the Moonstone. “I don’t want to leave you.”

“But we must.” She pressed her muzzle to his.

They padded to the edge of the clearing and paused, twining tails. Their time together was over.

“Why?” He murmured after a long silence.

Bluefur closed her eyes. Last night had been wonderful, but now they must separate. Yet Oakheart was pressing.

“I have to get back to my Clan.” She mewed softly.

“No, you don’t.” He was trembling. “I- I could come with you. Or you could come with me back to RiverClan.”

Bluefur gently pulled away. “That can’t happen.”

“Why not?” Fire blazed in his eyes. “If you don’t want to join RiverClan, fine. We’ll join WindClan together. Or ShadowClan, even!” He drew closer. “As long as I’m with you.”

A purr rose in her throat, but she forced it down. She could not humor him. It wouldn’t be kind. “Oakheart you know we can’t-”

“Or we could leave the Clans all together!” He was pacing now. “We could leave all this struggle behind. We’ll find a new home, just the two of us. We could have litters of kits. And kits of our kits.”

She shook her head. “I have to go back to ThunderClan. I can’t just leave!”

“Why not?” His mew was now a hiss, and Bluefur flinched back in panic.

“Oakheart, you know you could never leave either. You have your brother.”

“Forget him! Forget everything!” His breath was becoming raspy. “Just remember us.”

Bluefur was backing away now, her heart in her throat. “No! We can’t.”

“No, you can’t.” Oakheart’s fur bristled, and he looked ready to pounce. “I can. And I will, if you’ll do it with me.”

“I won’t! ThunderClan is my life.”

“Then why did you come last night?” Oakheart yowled.

She found herself a sudden interest in the ground. “Yeah, why did I?”

Something slammed into her shoulder and she sprawled on the ground. Paws held her firmly there.

“I thought you loved me!” He screeched.

“I thought I did too!” Bluefur hissed, twisting to gaze into his amber eyes.

Oakheart raised his paw, his claws glinting in the dawn light. Bluefur closed her eyes, waiting for the sting.

A fierce yowl pierced the air and suddenly Oakheart’s weight flew off of her. Opening her eyes, she saw Thrushpelt spitting angrily at Oakheart.

Bluefur scrambled to her feet and stood by his side, feeling her own paws trembling. Oakheart looked towards his two enemies and hissed. He turned tail and fled.

Bluefur collapsed to the ground, grief pricking her heart. She felt Thrushpelt’s gentle tail-tip on her back. “I heard everything.”

She sighed. She suspected as much. “Great.”

He purred in amusement. “I’m not going to tell anyone. We just need to find a good excuse of where you were.” He didn’t yell at her to explain. He didn’t even question it.

“I… I couldn’t sleep. So I left camp to get a better view of StarClan.”

“Well, they might think you’re a Medicine Cat, but it’s better than the truth.” His eyes glinted with humor. “Come on, let’s get back to camp.”

Almost two moons had passed since Bluefur had visited Fourtrees. Since then she had found herself staring across the river, trying to figure out what had changed Oakheart so drastically. Over time, Thrushpelt had begun to notice. Soon enough, he started sitting beside her, until eventually, Bluefur let her guard down enough to relax against him and twine her tail with his.

But now, she was going to have kits. During one of her outings, Thrushpelt had asked her. “Are you going to have kits?” He wasn’t very subtle.

Am I? Bluefur wondered. She glanced down at her belly. It sure had gotten wider. She had also felt little tremors and nausea. “Uh. Now that you mention it.”

“Wait, you didn’t know?” A purr of amusement echoed in the forest. “The whole Clan has been talking about it. They’ve admired you for not mentioning it and continuing your Warrior duties.” His purr died, and he turned to stare back at the river. “They think I’m the father.”

“Who says you can’t be?” Bluefur surprised herself with her own words. But who else would be a father to her kits? Oakheart certainly would never find out. She shivered at the thought. Bluefur now realized that what she had once felt for the brown tom had now transferred to Thrushpelt.

Except it was much stronger.

“You’d be a better father to them than Oakheart ever would have.” She rested her chin on his shoulder. “Come on, do it for me?”

He turned and licked her ear affectionately. “Of course.”

The kitting was over. It had been painful and long. Spottedpaw and Featherwhisker had never left her side. Neither had Thrushpelt. He had been calm and talked to her gently throughout the entire thing. Now, three perfectly beautiful kits lay beside her belly.

“What should we name them?” Thrushpelt now whispered. He pointed his tail towards the tom. “He’s gray.”

Bluefur smacked him with her tail. “Wow. He’s gray? I thought he was green.”

Thrushpelt’s eyes lit with amusement. “How about, Stonekit?”

Bluefur hesitated, it reminded her of the river. Though, that might be a good thing, she realized. She nodded, then pointed at the dark gray she-kit. “What about her?” She cocked her head as she thought. “What about Dawnkit?”

“That’s perfect.” Thrushpelt purred.

Lastly she looked at the gray and white she-kit. “Starlingkit?”

Thrushpelt nodded. “Yes.”

Bluefur sighed and relaxed against him. She looked out towards the entrance of the nursery. Staring back at her were Thistleclaw’s amber eyes. She froze. Glancing back down at her kits, the problems of her Clan suddenly swarmed back to her. No.

Now there would be no chance of her becoming Deputy. Much less Leader. Now she would have to watch her Clan fall into the claws of Thistleclaw.

“Will you protect them, Thrushpelt?” She murmured. These kits needed more than one cat looking out for them.

“Until my dying breath.” Bluefur closed her eyes at his words. He won’t let anything bad happen to them. He’ll protect us.

Bluefur sat at the Gathering, waiting for the rest of the Clans to arrive. ThunderClan was the first to arrive.

She sat beside her son, Stonewhisker. Starlingpatch sat beside him and Dawnleap. Thrushpelt on the far side. This was their second Gathering as Warriors, and she couldn’t be prouder of what they’d become.

She was happy that they became Warriors before Sunstar died, and now they weren’t powerless against the tyrant Thistlestar sure would become. It was his first Gathering as a leader. Sunstar had tiptoed near the end of his lives, Bluefur knew he wasn’t ready to let go and let Thistestar take over.

The newly named leader sat on the Great Rock, watching as WindClan flooded into the clearing. With a cock of his head, Tallstar leaped onto the rock as well.

Not long afterwards Brokenstar led his Clan into the clearing. Bluefur dug her claws into the earth. After having a nice chat with Thistlestar about becoming Deputy, the ShadowClan Deputy somehow became leader within a few short days.

Last came RiverClan. Bluefur narrowed her eyes, trying to locate Crookedstar at the head of his Clan. Only Oakheart led them. Crookedstar must be sick. She thought. He would speak for RiverClan tonight.

Oakheart leaped onto the rock, his tail lashing.

“Welcome Oakheart.” Tallstar mewed. “Is Crookedstar feeling alright?”

“It’s Oakstar now.” He snarled back. “Crookedstar is feeling alright, in StarClan.”

Bluefur felt her paws tingle. There was only one just leader on the Great Rock. And there was not a she-cat either. Toms always took things to far. They didn’t think about the goodwill of kits as often, it just wasn’t part of their nature. Any action a Warrior takes will affect all the kits in the forest, for better or worse.

Deep down she knew that had nothing to do with it, but all to do with the fact that she herself wasn’t standing up there. She wasn’t even Deputy, Tigerclaw was.

She met eyes with Tallstar. He was the only cat outside the Clan who seemed to think she would’ve made a better leader. Thistlestar had led the Clan into many battles against all the Clans. Even a petty battle in Twolegplace, ending with the death of two kittypets from Bluefur’s past. Jake and Pine.

Although this was his first Gathering as Thistlestar, everycat in the hollow knew he was leader. They also knew he was dangerous.

“Welcome, Oakstar. Do you bring any good news?” Thistlestar’s tail curled back and forth.

“Of course I do.” Oakstar’s purr wasn’t the warm one Bluefur had heard moons ago, right in this very hollow. “I’m the new leader of RiverClan.”’

No one laughed.

“RiverClan will be extending its territory.” He continued. “We will take the forest beyond Sunningrocks, and the moor over the gorge.” He turned to glare at Brokenstar. “Even the awful pines of ShadowClan.”

“You can’t take all the territory.” Thistlestar snarled. “The other Clans need to thrive as well.”

“Indeed. Which is why every Clan will become RiverClan. We will fight you until you submit.” Oakstar’s once warm amber eyes blazed in fury. “The Clans should be one! All under me. I won’t let my life be controlled by the will of others!” He was yowling now, his voice echoing.

“Oakstar, we should talk about this.” Tallstar’s tail wavered, as if he was unsure how to react.

Oakstar lunged for Tallstar’s throat, but Brokenstar intervened and knocked him away. Thistlestar’s eyes lit with excitement and he shoved himself into the three-way battle.

Tallstar, however leaped over the raging cats and down towards Bluefur, who was staring in shocked horror. “Bluefur.” He hissed, his face a mouse-length from hers. “Take your Clan back home.”

She nodded, and with a wave of her tail, she surged out of the clearing, her family following. To her relief, she heard the fast pawsteps of the rest of her Clan behind her. The last thing she heard from the battle was Tigerclaw leaping onto the Great Rock to fight beside his leader, his yowl splitting the air with the harsh sounds of a battle on the one night of peace.

Bluefur stood in the clearing, her heart racing. She had sent the rest of the Clan to their nests, but she wanted to wait until her Leader and Deputy were back.

Only one cat had refused to go to sleep, Thrushpelt. Her mate had loved her since the day he had offered to be the father of her kits. She loved him back. He made her forget about Oakstar, so much that she almost wondered if Thrushpelt really were the father, even though that was impossible.

Amber eyes glowed at the far end of the clearing, at the entrance to camp. She flicked her ear as if to brush off the horrible glares of the two cats walking towards her. Red washed their pelts, but they never once stumbled.

She waited until Thistlestar was nose-to-nose with her. “Why did you return to camp?” He snarled.

“You and Tigerclaw had it under control.” Bluefur shrugged, forcing her fur to lie flat.

“Of course we did!” Tigerclaw yowled, loud enough to wake the camp. “That doesn’t mean we shouldn’t have the support of our Clanmates!”

“It was a Gathering, there was no need for a fight.” Thrushpelt pressed slightly against her as he spoke. She could feel him trembling. She longed to comfort him, but right now, she had a feeling this conversation wouldn’t end without claws unsheathed.

She caught Spottedleaf’s eye as the tortoiseshell stood by the fern tunnel, herbs clenched in her jaw. Luckily, she caught her warning and backed slowly off until she was hidden. Her mentor had died before Thistestar’s reign, and the poor she-cat had had only a quarter moon of easy transition until Sunstar died.

“No need for a fight? Those mouse-brained leaders wanted all of our territory for themselves!” Thistlestar hissed. “Oakstar is absurd!”

“Last time I checked, you wanted more territory as well.” Bluefur mewed evenly.

“For ThunderClan you idiot!” Thistlestar lashed out, scratching her cheek with his claws. She didn’t flinch. “Not to make one Clan out of four!”

“Don’t you dare touch her again.” Thrushpelt hissed.

Thistlestar glanced at Tigerclaw. “Do it.” He grumbled.

Tigerclaw lashed his tail in excitement as he trotted up to the Warriors den. Bluefur’s heart froze in horror as a screech sounded from inside, and Dawnleap was dragged by her scruff into the clearing.

Out of nowhere Thistlestar leaped forward and pushed Thrushpelt beside his daughter. Bluefur yowled in protest and rushed, trying to get to her loved ones, but Tigerclaw pushed her back. By now the entire Clan surrounded them, curious of what was going on.

Stonewhisker and Starlingpatch inched their way behind her, their paws trembling. At least I can still protect these two. She thought.

In a circle of cats, Thrushpelt and Dawnpelt stood, Dawnpelt crouching low to try to hide underneath Thrushpelt’s belly, like she had when she was kit. Thrushpelt stood protectively beside her, ready to fight anyone who came close.

Bluefur met his eyes. They were filled with love. Bluefur felt like wailing, and she might’ve done, had Dawnpelt not dashed towards her, trying to leap over her Clanmates. No!

Thistlestar lunged for her, and with once clean strike, clawed at her throat. Bluefur watched in horror as Dawnpelt landed beside her, panting hard. Something thumped to the ground. Looking ahead, Bluefur’s heart sunk. Thrushpelt lay on the ground, a gash in his throat.

She darted towards him, ignoring the horrified stares of her Clanmates. She shoved her muzzle into her mate’s side, allowing it to suffocate her wail.

“I said I’d protect them till my dying breath.” His last words hit her ears and then his body lay still.

“Kill the other.” The words barely left Thistlestar’s mouth when Tigerclaw threw himself at Dawnpelt.

Bluefur stood up, the strength drained from her body, and watched as her daughter fought for her life. Thistlestar stood in front of her other kits, not letting them through to help their littermate.

“Stop!” Bluefur’s wail finally escaped in that one word.

Dawnpelt turned to stare at her, pain in her gaze. And it was in that moment that Tigerclaw took his opportunity to sink his teeth into her throat.

Bluefur watched in blurred sadness as she watched the light in her daughter’s eyes fade. She hardly even noticed when Thistlestar let Stonewhisker and Starlingpatch rush to her side.

“You and the rest of your family may continue as normal.” Thistlestar hissed. “As long as you swear loyalty to me.”

Bluefur met his harsh gaze steadily. “I’ll hunt, and protect my Clan. But I will not swear loyalty to you.”

“Same difference.” Thistlestar chuckled. “Goodnight.”

After her Clanmates returned to their nests, including the horrified kits, Bluefur allowed herself to collapse. Stonewhisker went to lay beside his sister’s body, and Starlingpatch by her father’s. Bluefur watched in stunned grief. Then she felt soft breath twitch her ear.

“Fire alone can save our Clan.” It was Spottedleaf. “Remember the kit from Twolegplace?”

Bluefur nodded. The tom that looked like fire danced in his pelt. This was the first time she had heard Spottedleaf’s prophecy, but she would act upon it immediately.

Tomorrow she and her kits would go to Twolegplace. Together they would train the tom, if he so wished. They would teach him the ways of a Warrior. When they were ready, they’d return to the Clan with fire, and ThunderClan would be back to normal. Almost normal anyway.

She would fulfill her oath to Thistlestar, but not in the way he would have hoped. She would save ThunderClan by returning as Bluestar, she knew this deep in her heart that StarClan would help her achieve that.

She would also return with Stonewhisker and Starlingpatch, who would soon learn that their father wasn’t who they thought. She would return with Fireheart, who would save her Clan. Lastly, she would return with her and Thrushpelt’s new litter of kits. She had already picked out names for two of them.

————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————

AHHH THESE ROOF GUYS ARE RIGHT ABOVE MY ROOM MY HEAD IS GOING TO EXPLODE

Anyways 😛

I thought this would be something interesting to write 😛 There’s so many loops and stuff that I didn’t get to fill but like I did my best oof 😛 So yeah 😛

I thought if would be fun to see if Bluestar and Thrushpelt actually became mates. And then the fact that Mistystar/Dawnpelt was the first to die since she’s normally is immortal 😛 And the change of kit names excited me, because the reason she named them the way she did was because she wanted their names to remind her of the river. But Oakheart sorta attacked her so that’s not a nice memory. Sorry you don’t get to see Dawnkit, and Thrushkit I’m too lazy to continue writing and the due date is tomorrow.

Even if the contest isn’t ongoing I still got to write this which was fun so either way 😛

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• June 14, 2019 at 7:17 pm

Well you’re currently in 1st place, as the only entry 😉 This was amazing! But why so saddddd 🙁 I really liked this idea and everything about it apart from the dying and stuff rip.

procrastination is the key 🔑

• June 14, 2019 at 9:17 pm

Woohoo!!!!! 😛 I don’t mind an easy win 😉 Idk why I made it so sad. I just suddenly had the urge to kill cats. I like drama 😛 Thanks! 😛

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• Seafoam
      June 15, 2019 at 1:32 pm

OH MY STaRCLAn! This is amazing!!!

• June 15, 2019 at 2:40 pm

Thank you!!! 😀

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

• June 16, 2019 at 11:44 am

I don’t usually cry when I read things, but this short “what if” man.
      The only other books/stories to make me cry where Harry Potter and the deathly hallows, mapleshades vengeance and a book called “then” by Morris glietzmen.

In short, this is a masterpiece and deserves to be more well known!

WOOO PRIDE MONTH!

• June 16, 2019 at 2:55 pm

Aww thank you so much <3 This means a lot 🙂

Like A Tunnel With No Light...

6. Lightningpaw(Lightingheart)
    June 14, 2019 at 5:46 pm

New thing. Hope you like it.
    *****************************
    Shadepaw looked at her leader. She was being made a warrior! She looked at her brother, Fernstream, who was just made a warrior. She looked at Stoneheart, a tom she had liked for quite a while. She looked back at her leader as he named her, Shadesong.

Stoneheart walked up to her, a mouse in his mouth. He dropped it at her paws and grinned.

“I brought this for you.” He meowed.

Shadesong purred and took a bite. She looked up at him. “Want to share?” He nodded and crouched beside her.

Together, they finished the mouse, and Stoneheart nudged her. “You know, now that your a warrior, you can do lots of things. Go out on your own, go in the warriors den,” he leaned into her, whispering in her ear, “Have a mate.”

She purred and pushed him away. He licked her head, and said goodnight as he walked to the warriors den.

She and her brother sat in the night, and when the sun rose, Shadesong was almost frozen. Stoneheart came up behind her, twinning her tail with his. He pressed into her, warming her up. “Want to go hunting?” Shadesong nodded, and the two set out, walking side by side.
    ***********************************
    I will write more later, I just have a doctors appointment in a second.

7. June 15, 2019 at 2:04 am

😊

In StarClan we trust

8. June 15, 2019 at 7:49 am

So I decided to write this one-shot about Good!Snowtuft for Moon’s contest since I had sudden inspiration and I honestly don’t know why 😛 It probably isn’t that good since I wrote it in 4-5 hours so that that as you will 😛 And yes I put my headcanon of Snowtuft being in SkyClan and being mates with Hazelwing in here as well, and there’s more on why he’s in the DF in here to explain 😛
    ________________
    Ruffled Flurries
    ________________

As Snowtuft sat by himself in the shadows of the Place of No Stars, he narrowed his eyes as the other cats around him prepared to fight against the Clans. He didn’t feel inclined to fight anymore. What was the point of fighting the Clans, he had asked himself many times during his stay in the Dark Forest. Revenge was apparently a big one, but after seasons of being stuck in the Dark Forest for a petty reason (in his opinion), Snowtuft couldn’t care less about getting his revenge. The cats he hated the most were dead already, and Snowtuft didn’t even want to see their faces again in StarClan anyways, so he wasn’t really wanting to fight against the Clans anyways.

His gaze wavered over to a few of the other Dark Forest cats, some of who he vaguely recognized, others who didn’t know, and some who he knew. Snowtuft caught sight of Sparrowfeather, the small brown tabby she-cat who was clawing at the ground in anticipation. Next to her was Rushtooth, an older she-cat who Snowtuft hardly saw around the Dark Forest as of late. Rushtooth didn’t look that different from Sparrowfeather, in Snowtuft’s opinion- being a light brown tabby, it wasn’t that much of a stretch to say the two could be mistaken for each other. From what it looked like, the two cats were in a conversation. Pricking his ears forwards to hear, Snowtuft leaned forwards, making sure not to make a sound.

“So apparently we’re attacking the Clans in a few days,” Rushtooth meowed, shrugging her shoulders. Judging from the shrug of her shoulders, she wasn’t exactly pleased nor disappointed by the news.

Sparrowfeather growled softly. “I know that. I can’t wait to tear my claws into their sorry pelts!” She snapped, flexing her claws. Getting off of her haunches, Sparrowfeather began to pace back and forth, muttering underneath her breath. “Here’s to hoping I get the chance to kick some of those sorry WindClan cat’s tails.”

Snowtuft understood that feeling easily- back when he had been first sent to the Place of No Stars, he’d wanted to get his claws on the pelts of the cats who’d rejected him and his family. Who’d rejected them because of their selfishness. Snowtuft wasn’t going to lie, he still wanted to do that. But would it really fix what had happened? He was dead, and nothing had changed that. It wasn’t like he knew what had happened afterwards, being stuck in the Dark Forest and all, so he couldn’t go on and on about it.

Rushtooth only stared at Sparrowfeather, narrowing her eyes. “You probably won’t, seeing as the cats here that actually matter made the plans to suit their own hidden agenda.” With a simple flick of the tail, Rushtooth rolled her eyes, laughing a little bit. “Besides, I won’t be participating anyways.” Sparrowfeather looked shocked, as if she was hardly expecting to hear that coming from Rushtooth. “What, did you seriously expect me to fight for the Dark Forest? Please. Since when have we gotten any respect here, despite being here longer than most of these narrow-minded mouse-brains?”

“I’m fighting because I still want revenge, Rushtooth. You should too. Have you already forgotten what RiverClan did to you?”

The light brown tabby snorted. “Of course not. But I have no intention fighting the Clans of now, there wouldn’t be any real satisfaction from killing cats from there who are still alive. The cats who wronged me are already in StarClan, and judging by their recent cowardice, they don’t plan on helping the Clan cats. So what’s the point?”

Sparrowfeather gritted her teeth, digging her claws into the ground. “Don’t you see that it would be a wake up call to StarClan that we’re still here and that they forced this upon us? Attacking their playthings would be the only way to get their attention, if they can spare a few moments of having their attention diverted from their rivalry and their new borders.”

“That’s just StarClan being stupid on their own, I’m not surprised by that. And besides, Sparrowfeather- do you truly have loyalty to the Dark Forest? Think about it. When have you been respected? When have you been regarded with honor here? When have you ever met a visitor who fears at the mention of your name?” Rushtooth snapped, standing up on her paws. For once, Sparrowfeather didn’t answer. “Exactly. We’ve been here for who knows how long, yet we get no respect anymore. I blame Tigerstar, and his son. Maybe Mapleshade too, while we’re at it.”

Snowtuft felt his paws grow numb. Rushtooth had a valid point, after all- he wasn’t respected or known as much by the others. Granted, he was a bit of a coward and avoided most training sessions, but he was hardly acknowledged in the Dark Forest. To be frank, he was rather sick of it. Snowtuft couldn’t help but hate Tigerstar for it, as he was the one who started planning the rebellion. Mapleshade was infuriating enough, in Snowtuft’s mind. Hawkfrost was just horrible, and Snowtuft had extra reasoning to hate him even more, after Hawkfrost and Shredtail had gutted him, causing him to have the snaking belly scar for the rest of his afterlife. Snowtuft had been stuck in the Place of No Stars longer than most of the leaders of it. He was there before Hawkfrost. He was there before Tigerstar. He was there before Thistleclaw. He was there before Mapleshade. Snowtuft missed the peace and quiet of being all alone in the Dark Forest, even if it was when he was at his worst. At least then he wasn’t used as the cat who was beaten up just for the sake of it.

Sparrowfeather sighed in defeat. “I guess you’re right.”

Rushtooth growled softly as she sniffed the air. “Someone is nearby.” After she waited for a few moments, she seemed to call out of nowhere, “Snowtuft, get your sorry tail out here. It’s not like I can’t scent you.” Snowtuft held back a snarl at her, but decided to go over to her anyways. Narrowing his eyes at her, Snowtuft wasn’t exactly happy to be so physically close to her, but there wasn’t much he could do now. “I thought you would be with the others.”

Growling to himself, Snowtuft snapped, “That’s none of your concern.” If Rushtooth had heard his reply, she wasn’t listening to him.

“Well, I don’t blame you. Those fools don’t know anything about getting proper revenge. If anything, they should be waging war with the actual StarClan, not the living Clans,” Rushtooth hissed, whipping her head around to face a fallen tree, the insides of it rotted. Curling her lips, Rushtooth added, “And the only reason Tigerstar is so intent on fighting the Clans is because of his borderline obsession with killing Firestar. As if the precious ‘fire’ would actually be extinguished by him of all cats!”

Sparrowfeather narrowed her eyes at Snowtuft. “I thought you were loyal to them.”

Snowtuft shrugged his shoulders, glaring at her. “Indeed, I’m loyal to the fox-hearts who gutted me, along with the father of one of them, and the cats who enjoy hearing constant shrieks of agony, specifically coming from me. Makes sense, and hedgehogs fly.” Looking back at Rushtooth, Snowtuft nodded at her. “You aren’t wrong. I’ve been listening in on your conversation -you weren’t exactly quiet- and honestly, I’m not fighting either. Not the Clan cats, at least, if Antpelt is anything to go by.”

Rushtooth only looked down at the ground, shrugging her shoulders. Sparrowfeather had a glint of pity in her eyes, remembering the death of the poor WindClan tom- he was a former Dark Forest trainee, all until he had died of his wounds from training, only to wake up in the Dark Forest. To Snowtuft’s dismay, Antpelt was glad to be in the Dark Forest, and was eventually murdered by Ivypool, apparently one of the most loyal trainees according to Hawkfrost and Tigerstar (which Snowtuft doubted, mainly because of his bias against them). Snowtuft was genuinely scared when Antpelt had died for the second time- he didn’t think it was possible, but it was. Where was Antpelt, then? The simple thought of dying again sent shivers up his spine. The thought of dying was bad enough when he was alive. Snowtuft wanted the worry of dying to be gone when he was already dead, but nope.

“So what are you going to do? You know that Brokenstar or someone will come to find you,” Sparrowfeather spat, her fur spiking up.

Snowtuft glanced back at Sparrowfeather, narrowing his eyes. “I have an idea of my own, if you’d care to listen.”

Sparrowfeather sighed in defeat. “I guess you’re right.”

________________

As Snowtuft limped over to the border between StarClan and the Place of No Stars, he held back a small whimper as the pain flooded back immediately. His newest wound was still bleeding, and he looked as if he was dying again. Not that it mattered much. Or so he hoped. Resting his head on the ground, he laid down somewhat close to the border, hoping for a break from the other Dark Forest cats. After getting his stomach practically torn open, Snowtuft wasn’t particularly in the mood to stick around. Lazily breathing in and out, Snowtuft let out a groan out of pure agony.

“I hate Hawkfrost,” He muttered, unsheathing his claws at the simple thought of him. “And Shredtail.”

Feeling another pain in his chest, Snowtuft growled softly. Just a simple break. Nothing wrong with that, right? After that, he could just try his best to avoid everyone else except for the few who didn’t have the intense urge to try and kill everything they see that they don’t like. Snowtuft wanted to leave the Dark Forest. Did he want to go to StarClan? Absolutely not, from what they had shown, they weren’t very good at their job. Snowtuft just wanted to go home. A pang in his chest made him wince, though it wasn’t physical- the emotional memories of what his life was like made him reconsider his place in the Dark Forest.

Breathing slowly, he thought of when he was alive. When he was a proud and loyal warrior of his Clan. What was it again? He couldn’t remember on the spot- it had been so long. Thinking over it for a while, the name came to him. SkyClan. He was from SkyClan. What was his life like? Snowtuft felt another spasm of pain wash over him as he tried to think. He had to remember. Snowtuft refused to think about the pain. He refused to think of the cats who caused it, until the pain went away so he could fume about it later. He refused to think of the Dark Forest trainees, specifically the ones who came from ThunderClan. Too many bad memories of ThunderClan cats. There weren’t many that he liked. He remembered one who was alive during his time -Kestrelwing, wasn’t it?- that seemed like a genuinely nice cat. The white tom had memories that he was fond of during his time in ThunderClan, thanks to that tom in specific. A few of the trainees from ThunderClan might’ve been nice cats, or Snowtuft hoped. He knew that Mousewhisker was an okay cat, but only because he was the one who was mainly tasked with training him. Snowtuft felt connected to him, but why? Mousewhisker seemed to remind him of someone…someone close to him.

Webkit. Snowtuft remembered now. Mousewhisker looked Webkit, to a degree. Mousewhisker looked like Webkit for the most part, just with white patches and a slightly darker pelt. Thinking on it more, Snowtuft also remembered that Webkit had three siblings- Hatchkit, Mistlekit, and Emberkit, weren’t those their names? He let out another hiss as the screeching pain clawed at him some more. Why did he remember those specific names? Were they related? Snowtuft sighed. Probably, but his memory was still hazy.

SkyClan. He was in SkyClan at some point, and in ThunderClan later, he knew that. With a grumble, Snowtuft blinked slowly. Obviously Hatchkit, Mistlekit, Webkit, and Emberkit had something to do with that. Who was their mother, then? If they were cats and kittens, obviously they had a mother. As he thought about it some more, he weakly raised his head to see a ginger tabby she-cat and a brown tabby tom (who looked suspiciously like Tigerstar) rushing towards him. For some reason, the both of them looked familiar. That was when it hit him. Hazelwing and Gorseclaw, both cats that he knew in life. Hazelwing, his mate and best friend back in SkyClan. Gorseclaw, the son of Cloudstar and Birdflight, who was raised in ThunderClan, but a SkyClan warrior.

Hazelwing stopped in front of the border, gazing at Snowtuft with concern. “Snowtuft?” She asked disbelievingly.

“Hazelwing?” Snowtuft replied, grimacing as another wave of pain crashed onto him. “How are you here?”

Tilting her head, Hazelwing responded, “The both of us walked from SkyClan’s StarClan to this one. We wanted to check on what was happening and also, why are you lying on the ground? And why didn’t you come to our skies? I was certain that they’d allow you with us, from what Gorseclaw told me.”

Snowtuft struggled to get to his paws. “I didn’t get the choice of where I wanted to end up.” By standing up, he knew that he could’ve been making the pain worse, but he didn’t particularly care as of that moment. Snowtuft was simply just happy to see cats he actually knew. Hazelwing’s eyes widened at the sight of the scar.

Gorseclaw scanned it from up and down. “W-Where did you get that? In there? Isn’t that…a bad place to be in?”

“It’s not like a I had a choice to end up in there. I hate it,” Snowtuft growled, glancing back at the Dark Forest. Looking back at Hazelwing and Gorseclaw, Snowtuft sighed. “It’s called the Place of No Stars, or the Dark Forest. It’s where cats go when StarClan doesn’t want them.”

“Why would you be here, though? Snowtuft, you’re a nice cat!” Hazelwing protested, lashing her tail.

Snowtuft looked away from her, avoiding her gaze. “I’ve done…questionable things. But that’s beside the point. I’m taking a break from the others in there before one of them notices. Apparently they’re doing a training session with some of the trainees, and I don’t want to be a part of it again.” Gorseclaw tilted his head, confused; Hazelwing just sighed, shaking her head as if she was trying to imagine Snowtuft doing evil things to end up in the Dark Forest.

He didn’t want to tell them- he attempted to kill a cat during his time in ThunderClan after getting separated from SkyClan, after all. And it was none other than Redstar, who wasn’t very grateful that Snowtuft had taken away one of his lives in revenge for SkyClan leaving the forest. After being killed by Redstar, Snowtuft just woke up in the Dark Forest, and hated every second of it. He wanted to see his friends and family again. But thanks to Redstar, he wouldn’t be able to see them ever again. And it wasn’t like how some of the other Dark Forest cats had it, either- most of the SkyClan cats resided in their own StarClan, separate from where he was.

Gorseclaw spoke up, breaking Snowtuft’s train of thought. “Why would they be training? Aren’t they…you know, dead?” Snowtuft didn’t particularly like the question, but at this point, he couldn’t care if it was classified information. Snowtuft was still angry about Hawkfrost and Shredtail’s attack on him. He was tired of the lack of respect he got. He was telling them whether they liked it or not.

“Getting ready to attack the living Clans, mainly the ones around the lake. They’re recruiting cats in the Clans to help them fight against them, and I don’t particularly have a choice in fighting whether I want to or not. I’m just avoiding the training, they went for my stomach last time I joined.”

Hazelwing whipped her head up, glaring at Snowtuft. “You realize that you don’t have to fight, right? You have a choice whether it’s obvious or not. But if you want my advice, don’t fight. Do you really want to risk your safety even more than you already have? I mean, look at that scar!” Gorseclaw nodded in agreement. “Please, just think about what options you have besides fighting. For me and our kits.”

As the two of them began to walk away, Snowtuft called out to Hazelwing, meowing, “Did they ever get their warrior names?”

Stopping to briefly glance at Snowtuft, Hazelwing had a sad smile on her face. “Yes.”

“Could- could you tell me what their full names were?” He asked, hoping to get the information on his kits that he would probably never get otherwise.

“Emberspot after Spottedpelt, Hatchflight after Birdflight, Mistlefang, after her mentor Mousefang, and Webtuft, after…you,” Hazelwing responded, a brief flash of remorse shining in her eyes. “He asked to be named after you, you know.” She padded away, with Gorseclaw at her side.

Snowtuft sighed. Hazelwing wasn’t wrong, was she? There could be a way to avoid fighting the cats he didn’t want to fight, right? He just had to think about it. While avoiding the training sessions, of course.
    ________________
    Snowtuft suddenly found himself in WindClan territory, all around him screeching cats. He didn’t want to fight. He didn’t see the point. As Breezepelt was about to attack a WindClan tom, Snowtuft narrowed his eyes. Obviously Breezepelt wanted to kill his own Clanmates. I wouldn’t be surprised if he tried to kill his own kin. Noticing Sunstrike, Larkwing, and many others switch sides, Snowtuft was honestly surprised, but pleasantly. So maybe these cats do have hearts for their Clan. His gaze averting to Hawkfrost, he noticed him along with Thistleclaw cornering Ivypool, who looked as if she was about to die. Snowtuft thought for a moment. Should he save her? He could try, but one of them might kill him as well as Ivypool, making his efforts for nothing. Could he even save her? He wasn’t sure. But he had to try.

Stalking up from behind Hawkfrost, he felt a growl rise up in his throat. He was still bitter about what Hawkfrost had done. Shredtail was elsewhere, luckily for him, so Snowtuft wasn’t too worried about getting his scar reopened again. As Hawkfrost took another step towards Ivypool, Snowtuft let out a hiss of fury and leapt for him, his claws unsheathed. He’d surprised them, that was for sure; Hawkfrost and Thistleclaw seemed more surprised than anything as Snowtuft’s claws raked against Hawkfrost’s cheek. Ivypool was surprised by Snowtuft’s sudden change of alliances, which was understandable, but Snowtuft wasn’t particularly in the mood to let her die. Hawkfrost stumbled to the ground as Snowtuft landed on his paws, snarling at Hawkfrost viciously.

Hawkfrost hissed at Snowtuft after getting back on his paws. “Traitor! After all this time you’ve been planning to deceive us, just like these other fools? You’ll end up like Antpelt, I suppose.” Thistleclaw was about to attack Snowtuft, but Hawkfrost shook his head. “Kill Ivypool. I’ll handle this scum.”

As Thistleclaw got to fighting Ivypool, Snowtuft was greeted with a blow to the shoulder, courtesy of Hawkfrost. Snowtuft yelped, but decided not to dwell on it. He aimed for Hawkfrost’s muzzle, hoping to land a hit. Unfortunately, Snowtuft was out of reach as he tried to reach Hawkfrost’s muzzle. Getting back onto his paws, Snowtuft narrowed his eyes at Hawkfrost, his claws digging into the ground.

“You’re the scum to be attacking these cats. Most of them didn’t even do anything to harm you,” Snowtuft hissed, arching his back. Lunging for Hawkfrost once more, Snowtuft aimed another blow at Hawkfrost’s muzzle. This time, his claws raked against the intended target, even though Hawkfrost had tried to dodge. Hawkfrost lashed back at him, a paw aimed for his eyes. Attempting to dodge, Snowtuft screeched in pain as he felt the dark brown tabby’s claws slashing against his face, causing Snowtuft to fall backwards a bit.

As Snowtuft tried to retain his battle position, he felt a cat ram into his side, claws unsheathed without any warning, he hissed in pain once he saw that it was Breezepelt. Getting to his paws, Snowtuft let out another hiss as Breezepelt pinned him to the ground, slashing his underbelly with his claws. Yowling in pain, Snowtuft attempted to fight back, but Breezepelt’s claws running against Snowtuft’s old wound made it impossible. Hawkfrost padded over to Snowtuft, a sneer erupting on his face.

“Old times, right, Snowtuft?” He jeered, sliding his claws out. Snowtuft flinched. Was this it? Hawkfrost placed his paw on Snowtuft’s throat, the smug grin still on his face. Snowtuft gulped, he knew what was coming next. He was going to die again, and fade into nothingness. Only, he would die, completely helpless. No one to save him. His mate and kits wouldn’t even know that he was gone; they walked in SkyClan’s skies. His heart ached for Hazelwing, and the kits he hardly got to know before being separated from them. He’d never see them again. And it was all his fault. “Any last words?”

Snowtuft spat at Hawkfrost, his voice seeping with venom. “I regret nothing.” As claws lashed against his throat, the white tom screamed in the midst of battle, pain flooding his senses. Spotting Sparrowfeather watching them, Snowtuft was about to call out to her, just before everything faded, his vision turning black.
    ________________

I didn’t expect it to be so long oof 😛 I just really like Snowtuft and my headcanons for him, but I also have a knack for making characters suffer so 😛 The battle scene probably sucks because I haven’t written a battle scene in so long honestly 😛 And honestly, I was surprised that Snowtuft never went against the DF, even after he literally got tormented the most during training sessions

Also shoved my headcanon that Sparrowfeather is from WindClan and that Rushtooth is female in the fic because 1) I’d like more villains from other Clans besides ShadowClan plus Sparrowfeather is described as ‘small’ so that’s what I assumed (or she’s RiverClan) and 2) We need more female villains tbh

Oof

9. June 15, 2019 at 10:32 am

I have finally done it !!!
    Misfits Chapter 1 is done !!!!!

Chapter 1

In the gloom of the tunnels, a loud growling made a few creatures lift their heads in confusion, unsure what was the source of the noise. Little did they know that it came from a sleeping fox, curled up in tight and hidden corner of the sewers, snoring as he tossed and turned in his sleep, twitching his tail uncomfortably. Stirring, the old fox yawned, stretching open his long muzzle to reveal old yellowish teeth. Grimacing as the smell of rot hit his nose, the fox rolled his eyes and rose to his feet, shaking out his matted dark ginger fur briefly to try and remove any spiders that might have crawled onto him whilst he rested. The horrible tangy smell came again, and he wrinkled his greying muzzle with a sigh. Some stupid rat had probably left out a piece of scrap meat for too long again, if he found the culprit, they would be sure never to risk being so careless again. Twisting nimbly through the small passageway he currently called home, the fox padded out into one of the more major sewers and glanced around, squinting for any sign of vaguely fresh water or food. Suddenly, something barrelled into him, making the elderly fox stumble. Growling, he spun around to see a young bumbling raccoon with very pale fur besides him. Fresh blood splattered the criss cross scar on his ear, this one must be a newbie.
    “I.. I’m awfully sorry Mister…. “
    Definitely new to the Misfits, the fox thought, swishing his tail with aggravation
    “The name’s Sabre, newbie. Ya sound like a man brained posho. Now budge, I ain’t going to hang around all day listening to a snivelling sewer fresh kid. Scram mintie.”
    Mumbling something under his breath, the pale raccoon stormed past Sabre, hitting the fox’s dark brown legs with his tail. Cutting the creature a very unimpressed hazel glare, he turned the other direction, and began to stroll down the brick sewer again. It wasn’t long before his ears perked up to the sound of gently trickling water in the distance. That sounded fresh. Slightly picking up his pace, Sabre chewed a bit of tangy scraps still stuck in his mouth from his last meal. Swallowing it as he approached, to his frustration, Sabre spotted another animal right by the water. Claws clicking on the hard stone, Sabre coughed to announce his presence to whatever stupid creature was taking the fresh water he had discovered.
    As the dog lifted her head, Sabre relaxed a little, recognising the squished muzzle and fiery expression as one of the older dogs, Rough. Still, his hackles remained raised, and he kept his eyes fixed on Rough as much as possible, carefully listening out for any of her friends. If they turned up alongside the tan and black dog he would definitely have to turn away.
    “Mornin’ Rough, ain’t it too early for yer to be this far out ‘ere”
    Keeping a good distance, and trying to stop himself from glancing at the slowly dripping water, Sabre tried to keep his brown eyes focused on Rough. She was a tricky dog, but had been here long enough to take the hint he was giving and either move away from the water or make this whole situation a lot more tense. Making eye contact with his, and sending a poisonous green glare his way, Rough took a few steps back from the water, and Sabre couldn’t contain himself from rushing forward. Pressing his muzzle against the cold wall, he let the water dribble in gently, swallowing desperately to help quench his thirst. This section of sewer had become disused long ago, which did give the advantage of dryer sleeping spots, but left your throat parched and dry everytime you awoke.
    “Heya Sabre, I could say the same about yer. It ain’t like ya to head this side of yer spot so soon after wakin’ up.”
    Moving away from the wall, but still standing in front of the water so that Rough would finally get the message and leave, Sabre formulated a plan in his mind to avoid giving Rough too many details. She was smart, even knowing what the newbie he had wanted to avoid could get her started planning to kick him out of his home. It was no secret Rough was after a dryer sleeping space, and Sabre was the oldest in his district, making him the obvious target to her schemes.
    “Ah, ya know, stupid mintie came to me old spot, takin’ a drink ain’t so fun when there’s blood on the floor.”
    Rough snorted, it wasn’t unusual for Sabre to hurt a sewer fresh, he had been in a surprisingly good mood this morning not to leave the raccoon with some nasty wounds to remember him by. A little show of strength could never hurt, and as long as Rough didn’t manage to find the newbie, it would keep her convinced he wasn’t too old to stand up for himself for a while. The smaller dog began to move towards the water again, but Sabre stepped forwards, pulling back his muzzle in a snarl, and Rough took a step back, rolling her eyes at him, before sauntering off.
    “See ya at centre tunnel.”
    Perking up his ears, Sabre tried to make his fur lay flat. Why was there a meeting at centre tunnel ?
    “What’cha goin’ on about ?”
    Turning her head with a small, rather evil looking smile, Rough tilted her head to the water that was slowly trickling behind Sabre. Growling quietly, he stepped back, scraping his claws along the hard floor, making a rather horrible screeching noise whilst Rough took an excessively long time to drink from his water. He’d go looking for scraps in her area later, he told himself, even though he wasn’t hungry, he’d make sure to take loads of food just to annoy her. Finally, the dog finished slurping up the water, and turned back to Sabre
    “There’s a meeting at centre tunnel later. Ya better be there, I heard there’s gonna be a trial or some’ing”
    Hitting his paw against the ground in annoyance, Sabre growled and turned away from Rough. He hated that dog, hated how she always forced him to give things up just because he wasn’t in the loop like all the other animals. Weaving through a complex pattern of hidden tunnels, he constantly peered behind him to check that no one was following him. The more time he could get alone the better for his sanity. All the misfits these days were incredibly aggravating and simply tiring to be around for anymore than one minute. Especially the rats. The tiny devils were everywhere, and larger animals were forbidden from killing them for food. Although, from how smug about this they seemed, Sabre knew most of the rats had no idea how many of their kind were killed and eaten in secret. He had done it once, but hadn’t been too keen on how much effort you have to put into cleaning up the mess and then checking there were no witnesses. After a long while of walking, taking the long route so that most animals would reach the tunnel before him, Sabre walked out into the large chamber that had a spider web of other passages and sewers stretching out off of it. Still on days with lots of rain, the basin began to fill with water, but as every bit of the stone seemed bone dry, Sabre decided it must not have rained for days. Perhaps that was why he was finding less water. Time was strange underground, it could the mid summer or the start of a freezing winter for all he knew. Flicking his dark ginger tail, he settled down at the very edge of the chamber, and waiting to see what on earth this ridiculous meeting was about.
    “Ayy it’s me pal Sabre. How ya doin’ ?”
    A squirrel sidled up to Sabre and nudged him playfully, but the fox kept facing forwards, baring his teeth at the small creature besides him, who’s short stump of a pale grey tail twitched impatiently. Her hazel eyes glinted, challenging, daring the old fox to ignore her.
    “Scram Bright. Unless ya want to lose the rest of yer stump.”
    Sabre growled, but the squirrel looked unphased, snorting as he spoke, and making little chattering noises, making a mocking imitation of the dark ginger fox. In the gloom of the vast tunnel, she reached up and gave her ear a scratch as more animals flooded in around them.
    “Yer know the last creature who took me tail got dead don’t ya. You really wanna try me ?”
    Ready to bite back a retort that it would definitely be worth it to see Bright scream in pain, Sabre had just opened his mouth when he was interrupted by someone tapping a paw on his shoulder. Spinning around and raising his hackles, Sabre forced his fur to lay flat when he saw a small fluffy ginger and white cat nervously smiling at him. It was just Excalibur, or Ex as most called him. The little cat was so innocent and kind no one could really bear to hurt him, which was incredibly rare in the Misfits, when almost every animal wore the scars of their disagreements as badges of honour or marks of shame.
    “Ex. Ya good buddy ? How’s yer sis, Darcy ain’t it ?”
    Nodding, the white and ginger cat smiled, fiddling with the checkered bandana he always wore loosely around his neck. Apparently it was a gift from Ex’s old partner before they broke up with him, but Sabre believed it was much more likely a simple gift from Excalibur’s pale-skins before he ran away.
    “Yeh, Darcy ain’t comin’ today though. She got into a fight an’ hurt real bad. The other girl looked worse she said though.”
    Bright looked like she was about to intervene, probably saying some unsavoury things about Ex’s sister, the two had never gotten along, but Sabre was saved from another petty disagreement by the entrance of the commander of the watchers, the one who kept the misfits alive and safe. Commander Pipit sat back on his hind legs, his dark grey fur matted as always and his long fluffy tail curled up his back. The squirrel’s face was pulled awkwardly by a rough scar. Behind him sat a brown tabby cat, who regarded everyone within the tunnel carefully, occasionally whispering something to Pipit who nodded quickly.
    Keen not to have a running commentary of everything that was happening, Sabre rose to his feet and moved away from Bright, and tucking himself into a corner where he could still just about make out what was happening below him. The commander spoke for a while, and Sabre yawned widely, if only he had stayed in a little longer, although he wasn’t on the brink of death, his older bones hated rising early, and he could have definitely coped without some confrontation with Rough.
    It wasn’t long before something of interest began to happen, and Sabre, who had been drifting off to sleep leaning against a cold hard stone wall, perked his ears up and wrinkled his greying muzzle in thought.
    Dragged into the centre of the tunnel were two animals, one a black fox with silver flecks through her pelt which was torn by scars. For a second her icy blue gaze met Sabre’s and she shook her head. It only took a second for Sabre to match her face to a name. It was Thicket. The two had once lived right beside each other, and had once given Rough and her friends a good beating. That was in their youth, and Sabre had broken off with Thicket after a massive fight between them, yet he knew what was coming and a twinge of worry went through him, Thicket wasn’t a bad fox, yes she was mean, yes she was incredibly rash, but not bad.
    Next to her a small twitchy squirrel fidgeted with their tiny silvery grey paws, and had to be shoved every so often by the watchers to keep them moving.
    Once the two creatures were in the centre, Commander Pipit coughed, and any conversations and speculations that had floated through the air were silenced at once. Clearing his throat, the commander whispered something to his second in command Sparrow, and the tabby cat nodded before walking away.
    “We have brought you all here today to witness the trial of these two piece of rotfood scum. Thicket, who murdered a rat who was a member of the Misfits just like her.”
    A little cry came from just in front of Sabre, and he cast his gaze downwards and saw two small rats crying into each other’s fur. Rolling his eyes, he hit one of them with his paw and narrowed his eyes at them. Very swiftly the sobbing stopped and Sabre couldn’t help but think how foolish Thicket must have been to risk doing something like that.
    “And Scruff, an outsider who has been responsible for the theft of our hard earned food for months.”
    Cries of rage came from all the animals, and this time Sabre joined the shouting. How could the watchers not have caught such a greedy thief for so long ! He could have starved !
    “Enough !”
    The screams dwindled as Commander Pipit raised his voice, and conversations lowered to discontented whispers.
    “Both of these creatures are guilty, and shall fight till one emerges victorious after the life of the other is taken. The winner will live, but work for the watchers until they perish.”
    “Blood bath ! Blood bath ! Blood bath !”
    Ecstatic yells came from all the animals, and every creature tapped their paw on the ground in unison. Sighing, Sabre slowly tapped his paw, adding to the drumming. He found it incredibly frustrating. It wasn’t that he would pass up the chance to watch a good fight, it was mildly entertaining to see the fur fly, and he had his fair share of bloodlust. SImply, he didn’t share the same enthusiasm anymore, most of these fights were the same and very predictable. Even Excalibur’s eyes were filled with glee as he watched the two animals pace around the stone ground, circling each other in a deadly dance.
    Thicket’s blue eyes narrowed and as Commander Pipit let out a shout for the fight to begin, she leapt for the squirrel, fangs spread wide. Oohs and ahhs erupted from the crowd as her teeth dug into Scruff’s fur, pulling out a tuft, sending blood spraying towards the cats who were sat in the front row. Desperately pulling away, the squirrel screeched in agony as Thicket dug her teeth deep into the skin of their paw. A sickening crunch of snapping bone echoed around the whole arena, and Sabre smiled, glad to see Thicket had the obvious advantage of size and strength against a common thief.
    In a flash, the silver squirrel’s front paw flew up at Thicket’s dark furred face, catching onto her cross shaped ear scar and tugging, tearing right through the skin of her ear with their needle sharp claws. Enraged, Thicket let go of Scruff’s foot, lashed a paw out at their face, which they ducked under with ease. Sabre held his breath as Thicket stood there blood running down her face, seemingly stumped at what to do. Instead of being shocked that such a good fighter looked confused, Sabre grinned, he had seen that face before, it was time for Thicket to get serious.
    As Scruff took advantage of her weakened posture, and leapt towards her face, Thicket snapped back into focus, and leapt out of the way, catching the squirrel’s tail in her jaws and tossing them away. Scruff went barrelling into the crowd who let out whoops of excitement as they shoved the blood covered squirrel with a mangled back paw right back into the ring against their furious competitor. Sabre turned away his head as Scruff stumbled towards Thicket, and he began walking back to the tunnel that lead him home. What a boring match. Sure it was decent that Thicket wasn’t going to perish, and it was surprisingly relieving, but Sabre had seen it all before.
    A bloodcurdling scream cut off his train of thought, and Sabre swung around to see Scruff latched onto Thicket’s throat, their strong front teeth deeply imbedded in the fox’s neck. Slumping to the ground, Thicket’s eyes met Sabre’s for a second, her gaze begging him to do something. Slowly, he shook his head. There was nothing he could do, even if he actually wanted to. Thicket hadn’t cleaned up her mess, and now she was paying for that mistake. Letting out an ugly gurgling noise, Thicket closed her eyes, spluttering up a bit of blood. Cautiously, Scruff released their grip on her throat, and took a step back. The black and silver fox’s chest fell, but didn’t rise again as blood dripped out of her throat.
    That was unexpected, Sabre thought to himself, twitching his dark tail and licking his muzzle to clean the bits of dust that had settled on it, probably kicked up by the paw drumming earlier. As animals began to file out, conversations dwindled and leisurely everyone returned to whatever secluded corner they came from. Fortunately, Sabre managed to miss Bright on his way out, but did bump into Excalibur again, who gave a bubbly farewell before heading off to take care of his sister. After he wasn’t surrounded by crowds anymore, Sabre could finally relax. Yet around the corner, he could just about make out a scratching noise around the corner.
    Quietly continuing, he changed his route slightly to see who it was. If it was that mintie from earlier, he would give them a few good scars to remember that this was his area. Poking his greying muzzle around the corner, Sabre heard the nearly inaudible whispers of two animals having a conversation. Great. Yet another idiot to deal with. Springing around the corner with his pelt prickling and eyes narrowed, Sabre got into a battle stance, only to be greeted by the shocked faces of two rodents.
    One was a little rat with wide set ears on his mottled brown and white head and the other was, to Sabre’s surprise and disbelief, the twitchy squirrel Scruff from the arena. Growling, he swished his tail
    “Look what have ‘ere, a kid playin’ hero and an escaped convict. What am I gonna do with ya both ?”
    —————————————————————————————————————————————————

So here we have it , finally !!! We are introduced with one of the main characters, Sabre, a grumpy old fox. Also some of my other faves of these characters, that sadly get barely any feature, Excalibur, Thicket and Rough
    I can’t stress enough how hard it was for me to kill off Thicket, I have been planning this for a while and these characters are all my children. We haven’t met the other two who are my faves as well yet, but oh well.
    Tell me what you think in the comments, I would love absolutely any feedback, and critique would be awesome as well
    It’d be cool to know who everyone’s fave character so far is as well
    (totally not far any reason in particular no, no way is there any reason in particular that I want to know this, totally nothing to do with possibly writing a spin off story about someone no way)

Somewhere that’s Green

• Viper (Viperfrost)
      June 15, 2019 at 12:58 pm

😛 Man-brained posho is my fav character so far.
      In all seriousness, I like Rough. She seems cool. ^^

~Mourning Rootwing~

• June 15, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Yeahh I love Rough, I wish I could slip her in more, but a few other characters become major instead of her ripppppp
        yes yes man brained posho is awesome

he literally never appears again but his name is Alfred 😛

Somewhere that’s Green

• Viper (Viperfrost)
          June 15, 2019 at 1:17 pm

Aw, Alfred the raccoon! That’s adorable. Yeah, I totally get it; writing can go that way sometimes with characters.:P

~Mourning Rootwing~

• June 15, 2019 at 1:21 pm

I have a few more I’m keen to introduce, Favour, Peregrine, Trixie and Smudge
            Peregrine is my fave though

I can’t wait to get more written and show everyone
            Viper, what do you think about how I pace everything and my writing style in general ? I’d really love any critique 🙂 I really want to write a book one day

Somewhere that’s Green

• Viper (Viperfrost)
              June 15, 2019 at 4:39 pm

Honestly, I really like it. The writing provides enough description that I can clearly picture it in my mind, but leaves enough to the imagination that I can fill in some details myself and enough that I don’t end up skipping paragraphs of details I didn’t really need to understand the situation. The pacing is a little slow in this particular excerpt, but is actually relatively fast in comparison to the majority of expositions I’ve come across (I check out around twenty books from the library per week). Despite this being the beginning of the story, I don’t feel like I’m being overloaded with an info-dump about the background information. Important details about even minor characters are introduced as they become necessary, rather than when the character is introduced. What I mean by that is basically: We are given information about Rough being a reasonable-ish dog as the situation progresses and escalates, rather than us being presented with the character’s name, description, and personality all at once when she is first encountered, thereby keeping the reader’s focus on the scene AND the characters, rather than cutting away from the scene to talk about the characters as so often occurs in the exposition of a story. If I had any criticism to offer, it would have to be with regard to the way thoughts are structured. Currently, we are entirely told what the character is thinking, rather than shown. For instance, if we were to say that Redpaw was wondering about his family, we could TELL the audience like this: “Redpaw wondered what had become of them after so long; did they even think of him anymore?” or SHOW them like this: “Redpaw sighed. It’s been so long. Do they even think about me anymore?” This is perfectly fine; this method of storytelling can do a lot to create a certain mood and tone in a story. However, it is always good to have variety rather than only having one. Since this is the exposition and can’t really represent the full story, I’m not too concerned; it’s also entirely possible that you chose to do so as a creative writing choice, which would make sense. Other than that, I’ve got nothing. I don’t want you to think I’m biased, either. I like you; you seem like a kind, fun person. But you asked for any criticisms I might have, which makes it my responsibility to be honest. The honest truth is that there simply isn’t much negative to say. You’re doing a great job as an aspiring writer. If you do write a book (which you should), please let me know. I will definitely be up for reading it. That’s my two cents, anyway. 😛

~Mourning Rootwing~

• June 15, 2019 at 6:54 pm

OMSC Viper thank you so much, this was super, super helpful, I love getting any critique with writing
                The plan is for this to be around 12 chapters long, and I kinda wanted the first chapter to feel slower and just more everyday life and also to kind of reflect the mood of the character, and there will be another chapter that’s going to be incredibly drawn out to show how time is creeping along

Thank you so much for the advice on the thoughts, I’m a big fan of show not tell but I always shy away from thoughts as I can’t transfer italics well from google docs to the blog, I’ll totally bear that in mind in future

Somewhere that’s Green

• Viper (Viperfrost)
                  June 17, 2019 at 2:41 pm

You’re welcome! Chapter plan sounds awesome. 🙂

~Mourning Rootwing~

10. June 15, 2019 at 8:44 pm

Til StarClan do they Part💫 CHAPTER FIFTEEN:

Yowls of protest surrounded me as cats objected our leader’s words. “Quiet! Quiet!” The leader rang, lashing her tail. Silence fell. “I know this is hard for all of you to process, but I think it’d be best if we’d stop looking for her. It’s been moons.”

“But What if she’s still alive!” A cat called from the crowd. “I doubt it…it’s been moons & Violetleaf was injured.” Vixenstar sighed glumly. I glanced to my left & saw Ravenpool stare at his paws grimly. I looked away. “Clues have been found, telling us that Violetleaf was probably killed by a badger.” Vixenstar lowered her gaze.
    Murmurs & cries echoed from the cats all at once. I looked at my paws, swallowing hard.

After the meeting, the whole Clan held vigil for Violetleaf all night. “She was one of my best friends…and I’ll miss her.” Goldensky choked up, crouching down & placing a flower on the floor.
    With a whimper, she padded back & sat with Rowanstrike.
    Rowanstrike nuzzled her ear affectionately.

I glared at him with disgust.
    Then Ravenpool spoke, “Violetleaf was one of a kind. Sweet, generous, enduring, brave. Even though she lost her mate tragically, she endured the loss & made light out of her life, determined to survive her wounds. The trauma…it must have drove her mad…& I hope StarClan will light her path. May you find great hunting, rivers & shelter where you sleep.” He placed two flowers gently, his green eyes rippling grief like a river.

I swallowed back tears.
    After the vigil was done, we left the flowers there, under the rising sun. I walked back to my den with dread, curling up in my nest. Yarrowpaw sat down beside me, “Are you okay?”
    “Are you?” I snapped.
    “No…”
    “Neither am I. Violetleaf didn’t deserve to die like that.” I breathed shakily, facing the cold stone wall.

Yarrowpaw nodded slowly. “I know. But at least she’s happy with Rainwind in StarClan.”
    I dipped my head, closing my eyes, hoping to have some sweet dreams for once…

Waking up blankly, I looked around myself, it was dawn. Rising to my paws with a yawn, I padded outside & looked around camp in Wonder. The crisp cold air ruffled my fur with a breeze as I bounded over to the fresh kill pile.
    Picking up a shrew, I ate it quickly, licking my lips afterwards.

Suddenly, I heard muttering & hissing behind the warriors’ den & sneaked over, pricking my ears.
    Peering past a elder bush, I let out a gasp of what I saw.
    “Rowanstrike, if you can’t be fully honest with me, then I don’t know if I can do this with you!” hissed Goldensky in a whisper.
    Rowanstrike stared at her, “I’ve always been honest.”
    “Have you?” Goldensky narrowed her blazing eyes at him.
    I ducked behind the bush as their eyes flickered to where I was. When they looked back & padded away, I held my breath. ‘What are they fighting about….?’

(Sorry about the short chapter, I’ve been really busy😛)