Analyzing Raggedstar by Frostedpool

Frostedpool takes a closer look at Raggedstar.

Art by AulrenArts

Yep, Raggedstar. Although he was dead by Into The Wild, we can still learn his entire life story from Yellowfang’s secret. To start off, this dude, this cat was a jerk. He was always mean to Yellowfang when she and he were kits, and only started showing affection for her when he became an apprentice. This may have come from his insecurity about not knowing who his father was and if said father was a kittypet. He needed to prove, just like Firestar and Bramblestar that it didn’t matter who his parents were. When Raggedstar learns his father is a kittypet, he KILLS him. Only he and Yellowfang ever knew that Hal was Raggedstar’s father, and Raggedstar was willing to murder to keep it that way. Then, when Yellowfang becomes a medicine cat apprentice, Raggedstar is terrible towards her, refusing her help when he goes in battles and hanging out with her arch nemisis, Foxheart, my least favorite cat in all of Warrior cats. (Even more annoying than Breezepelt) When Yellowfang realizes she is having kits, Raggedstar tries to get her to quit being a medicine cat, and when she refuses, Raggedstar is even more of a jerk than before. Yellowfang couldn’t even name Brokenkit! When he becomes leader, he makes Foxheart deputy, knowing she will be a terrible deputy. So in the end, Raggedstar was a jerk. But was it enough to deserve going to the Dark Forest. Well, yes and no. On the yes side, he was a terrible mate and killer. He let Brokentail get away with more than he should have. And he never accepted that Yellowfang could make her own decisions. But would he deserve to be in the midst of Mapleshade, Tigerstar, Thistleclaw, or Hawkfrost? No. While he was a jerk and a killer, he was still loyal to Star Clan, like the cats listed before. And even more so, if Ashfur can get into Starclan for trying to murder three cats because of their parents, and assist a Riverclan cat in killing his leader, than Raggedstar can kill one. Anyway, thats all I had to say, so until next time, this is Frostedpool, signing off. Bye!

Fan Articles

Notify of
Spring
Spring
March 29, 2019 1:18 am

Honestly, I hate Raggedstar, but not as much as Ivypool. I like Foxheart a bit though, she’s interesting although she is a jerk. I prefer Wolfstep and Hollyflower of that ShadowClan anyday over her. Nice article.

Daffiolet is otp

Ravenmist (Raven)
Ravenmist (Raven)
March 29, 2019 1:46 am

I hate Foxheart too! She and Tom (from DotC) are both my least favorite characters.

I cannot stop twinkling!

shadööööööööööö (Shadowmoon)
shadööööööööööö (Shadowmoon)
March 29, 2019 2:09 am

Actually, Yellowfang named Brokenkit, but other than that, great!

gimme my chainsaw

Foxtail (Foxie)
Foxtail (Foxie)
March 30, 2019 11:14 pm

Ya because she named her kits after her feelings 🙂 (Wishkit after “I wish you were here” cause she was born dead; Hopekit after “I hope you survive” but she died shortly after her birth; and Brokenkit after Yellowfang’s broken heart; of course there might be other reasons as to why Wishkit and Hopekit were named that but that’s just what I think)

LØVƎSIƆK BLIИK (runnin’ 4 SW)

Moonlight
Moonlight
March 29, 2019 3:16 am

first comment }:J

also I hate Raggedstar as much as you, nice article

still waiting for TES: VI

Squirrelheart
Squirrelheart
March 29, 2019 3:28 pm

When I was younger I actually liked Raggedstar, but now I realized that he was a major idiot.

Mapledrift
Mapledrift
March 29, 2019 7:08 pm

I hate Raggedstar ! Recently he became my least favourite character ! He’s such a jerk ,

Somewhere that’s Green

Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
Star That Falls Through Navy Sky * Muffinfern * Navy
March 29, 2019 7:55 pm

Jerkstar needs to be Spottedleaf in Spottedleaf’s Heart because Goosefeather needs to tell him that he loves blindly and foolishly.

Wants a DW discussion page.

Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
Bracken (Brackenpaw/light) is ALIVE!!!
March 29, 2019 10:22 pm

I agree, Raggedstar and Foxheart suck

My awesomeness comes naturally

Aster is Meowing in a Bowl of Mozzarella (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
Aster is Meowing in a Bowl of Mozzarella (Asterstorm/ Meowing Aster)
March 30, 2019 12:58 pm

I’m actually quite neutral on Raggedstar, but I hate Foxheart as much as you do 😾. Cool article anyway 😺!

ᴬˢᵗᵉʳᵉˡˡᵃ ᶜʰᵉᵉˢᵉ

Echobrezze 4 life!!!! WARRIOR CATS ARE AMAZING!!!
Echobrezze 4 life!!!! WARRIOR CATS ARE AMAZING!!!
March 31, 2019 6:26 pm

Seriously Raggedstar is a jerk >:( he was sooooooo mean to poor yellowfang!

Echobrezze 4 life!!!! WARRIOR CATS ARE AMAZING!!!
Echobrezze 4 life!!!! WARRIOR CATS ARE AMAZING!!!
March 31, 2019 7:08 pm

foxheart = a fox heart!

• Where-am-I by Shiningpaw(pool)
  • Snowbranch