185 Replies to “Darkness Within Spoiler Page”

1. Sparkfire
    February 13, 2020 at 2:02 pm

Sorry, Kate, I have another question. I’m hoping Squirrelflight and Bramblestar (both real and fake) will die in this arc, not because I hate them, but because it just feels right. But what if they both die at the same time? Then ThunderClan will probably take a vote and I’m hoping they will choose Ivypool as their leader, but who would you want to be it?

February 14, 2020 at 1:16 pm

I don’t know to be honest. I’m not sure Ivypool is ready. Lionblaze perhaps?

• Sparkfire
        February 14, 2020 at 4:06 pm

Yeah, many think it will be Lionblaze and they don’t want that because he is to hotheaded, but I think Lionblaze has grown and became quite mature, so I wouldn’t mind a Lionstar!

Thank you for answering all my questions! <3

February 17, 2020 at 3:43 pm

🙂

• Silvermoon
        February 21, 2020 at 7:48 am

That makes sense to make Lionblaze leader, but he’s half clan…… Oh who cares, Firestar was a Kittypet… But I miss Firestar… Why cant leaders have 10 lives? :”'(””’

February 21, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Oh lordy. Leafstar and Mistystar would NEVER die! 😛

• Cheetahstar
        February 22, 2020 at 4:06 am

I really hope we get Squirrelstar, no one else I want to lead atm. Only cat I could think of besides her would be Lionblaze but.. idk

February 24, 2020 at 1:03 pm

Me neither!

• icedcoffee
        February 25, 2020 at 1:11 pm

Sorry, but how is Ivypool not ready?
        She’s a seasoned, matured warrior that literally risked her life each night with murderous hell cat’s for the sake of her clan.
        She’s shown to be quick witted in dangerous situations, and is an experienced hunter, fighter, and mentor.
        She had a good morality, reasonable and (unlike Lionblaze) is willing to cooperate with cats from other clans, but will make tough decisions.
        Lionblaze, on the opposite side, is bland and lacks personality, makes rash, impulsive decisions, holds grudges with cats from other clans, (Heathertail, for instance,) and was by far the least interesting perspective in Power of Three and Omen of the Stars. He’s just unbearably boring.

February 25, 2020 at 2:50 pm

Good point, well made. But I’m just not feeling it. I always think of Ivypool as a footsoldier rather than a leader…henchman rather than kingpin… Cinderheart would be in the running, or one of her kits, or further down the line, Bristlefrost.

• icedcoffee
            February 25, 2020 at 7:36 pm

Bristlefrost is a little naïve at the moment, she blindly followed Bramblefake’s orders without hesitation before she finally realised something was off. TBC is really helping develop her character though, I would be very much on for Bristlestar, so long as she matures a little.
            Stemleaf maybe? He received a lot of attention early TBC, and is willing to risk being exiled – by the unpredictable Bramblestar, for what he believes is justified. He’s reasonable, sociable and productive, and doesn’t blindly refuse help from different clans, instead, tries to gather cats from different clans to all stand together against the possessor.
            Thanks for responding <33

February 27, 2020 at 12:43 pm

Yes, Stemleaf indeed. Although I think it’s time for a female leader. I’m rather looking forward to Squirrelflight as leader tbh. But we’re going to have to wait and see.

• Thorn
                March 8, 2020 at 3:06 am

Please no lol. I want the new generation to take over. I feel like she has had her time to shine. And she will end up being another REALLY old leader soon enough as she will have 9 lives to burn

March 12, 2020 at 7:00 pm

Good point…but I’m going to need longer to get used to the new generations. 🙂

• February 20, 2020 at 9:52 pm

I have a feeling its going to be snobby Berrynose and that he will be the next villain in the next arc

Problem?

2. Snow ⛄️ paw 🐾
    February 13, 2020 at 5:39 pm

What’s the blurb of the darkness within?

• Jaysnow
      February 14, 2020 at 2:50 am

“Is the warrior code worth a warrior’s life?
      Exiled after a battle that left all five Clans devastated, ThunderClan’s loyal deputy, Squirrelflight, must bring to light an earth-shattering truth: the identity of the cat ruling ThunderClan while wearing Bramblestar’s face. With tensions among the Clans at a breaking point, another battle looms, and even Squirrelflight may not be able to ensure Bramblestar has a body to return to. If he returns at all…”

3. Puddleshard 2020
    February 13, 2020 at 6:23 pm

I have a feeling this book is gonna leave us shook.

Hope is a good thing.

4. February 13, 2020 at 7:49 pm

Who else thinks the ghost with the yellow eyes is Bramblestar?

Fear my cynicalism

5. Loneheart 🌠
    February 14, 2020 at 3:20 am

If anyone were to ask me who I thought Bramblestar’s Possessor is, I’d always say Sol. But now, I’m starting to suspect that Bramblestar’s possessor is related to Tigerstar I. Maybe the spirit in Fakestar is a son of Tigerstar I’s (whom Squirrelflight new about???) that Erin didn’t introduce us to until now? That probably sounds far fetched but…
    Clearly, Firestar’s and Tigerstar I’s bloodline is important. If you’ll recall, most PoV’s were from some cat related to either Firestar, or Tigerstar I, and I can’t believe that was for no reason. Plus, Shadowsight had a vision of Bramblestar (or was it Fakestar?) and Tigerstar II fighting. That tells me there’s something special Tigerstar I’s kin in TBC. What if that ”special” thing is Bramblestar’s Possessor being related to Tigerstar I? Aside from that, Kate revealed that if she were to come up with a title for one of the books in the series (I don’t recollect which one) she’d call it Tigerstar II’s Surprize. Well, what’s this surprize? The Possessor within Bramblestar being related to Tigerstar II (or some cat very important to him?)
    Finally, and most chillingly, I remember some Warrior commenting that ”there’s something ominous about another Tigerstar leading ShadowClan.”
    What if that somehow, is some sort of forshadowing, or omen? Personally I wonder if the rift between Tigerstar I and Firestar is reaching some new, never before seen climax…
    Well, that’s it for my Theories!
    What do youthink?

Slytherin That I Am

• Sparkfire
      February 14, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Maybe Tadpole?
      And she would have called this book Tigerstar II’s Suprise, if I remenber correctly.
      I really like your theory, but I think it isn’t someone that is Tigerstar I’s kin, though I would like it. And I believe that the bloodline of both Firestar and Tigerstar will always be important, I just hope that finally there will come an end to it and we can have heroes with their own blood, instead of being remembered as Firestar/Tigerstar’ kin. Also, why does it always have to be kin of the previous main charachters?
      I’m really looking forward to the character with the most character development and think it could Berrynose, but who knows. I’m also curious about who the returning controversial character is.
      And finally I hope that Spiresight will get a bigger role!

• Purple Dusk
        February 17, 2020 at 4:03 pm

No, not Tadpole.
        He is too kind-hearted to be the imposter.
        Though he could show up and help Tigerstar II.

Purple Dusk

• Light
      February 15, 2020 at 6:58 pm

Could it be Flametail? Tigerstar II ‘s brother?

• Dewfeather
        February 16, 2020 at 9:26 pm

No, I think he was one of those I will follow the rules and be a good cat

I own a book company
        Hey

• Silvermoon
      February 21, 2020 at 7:52 am

I think it’s Ashfur… he hates Squirrelflight and bramblestar…

“Ashfur WILL return”-Bright Guardian Akira on YouTube

• Spinestar
        February 22, 2020 at 1:26 am

He doesn’t hate Bramblestar anymore, he even said his quarrel was never w him in LS

• 🍃 Fluttering Ivy Leaves in the Spring Breeze 🌼
      February 27, 2020 at 1:59 pm

Omg, yeah, you may be right!

*...what an awkward situation*

6. Dewfeather
    February 15, 2020 at 7:47 pm

I think it could be all the remaining dark forest cats banded together because most of them are cowards. One cat stepped up to rule and they eventually possesed Bramblestar to get the ultimate revenge

I own a book company
    Hey

7. Briarpaw
    February 15, 2020 at 10:17 pm

Cats who should die this arc:

-Graystripe (despite him being my favorite warriors cat of all time)
    – Mistystar
    – Bramblestar (all 9 lives)
    – Some minor TC cats (or 1 cat)- maybe Shellfur, Leafshade, Honeyfur, Snaptooth…
    – Villian
    – Oakfur (is he still alive?)
    – Leafstar (she’s annoying)
    – Shadowsight (it would be good plot)
    – A beloved cat
    – Thornclaw

I know there was a lot of death in AVoS but this arc is leading up to death somewhere.

• Loneheart 🌠
      February 15, 2020 at 11:40 pm

.Mistystar and Greystripe have got to go sadly. There time is up 🙁
      .Hmmm…
      .Yes! I hope 50% of the minor Warriors die. They have no use what so ever.
      .The villain always dies…
      .Neutral.
      .NO! Not Leafstar! She is my favorite leader!
      .Yeah, but…my heart be still if the Erins dare to do that…
      .Beloved cat right there ^
      .I stopped caring about him ages ago.

Slytherin That I Am

• Dewfeather
        February 16, 2020 at 4:36 pm

Thornclaw cool. In Bramblestar storm I like how Bramblestar makes him sound like he eats kittypets it’s the funniest scene in the whole book

I own a book company
        Hey

• Spinestar
        February 22, 2020 at 1:29 am

How about the major characters die so the minor characters can get some personality?

• Dewfeather
      February 16, 2020 at 4:34 pm

The minor cats don’t really do anything

Mistystar is ancient. Like was alive and full warrior when Tigerclaw was alive.

Leafstar is annoying. She goes from kind thoughtful cat to in command and totally Switched her personality

I own a book company
      Hey

• Silvermoon
      February 21, 2020 at 7:53 am

O poor Bramblestar…. But shadowsight died.. Spiresight saw it happen.

• February 25, 2020 at 6:04 pm

no not mistystar

i see the snow

8. Spirit
    February 16, 2020 at 12:16 am

I honestly think Hollyleaf is the only possible cat, who else whould have cared so much about the code, yet I think Ashfur was the cat talking to Shadowsight

• Leafsky
      February 18, 2020 at 11:23 pm

Well, I don’t know why I did this, but I made a 871 word story of Ashfur’s Desire from the Power Of Three. (Random title, lol.) I have no idea why I did this, but maybe to satisfy my need to make up a version of his POV myself. If you think I did good on this, please tell me because I have no idea if it’s good or not. Also I became lazy at the end, so.. 😅

Ashfur’s claws dug into the ground angrily as he stared at Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather. The three of them were talking quietly, heads bent. He felt anger bubbling up inside him more fiercely than it had ever done. He suddenly got an idea in his head. When the time is right.. he thought, satisfaction warming his pelt.
      “Hey, Ashfur. Care to join Thornclaw’s hunting patrol?” It was Brambleclaw. Ashfur bit back a stinging remark on how he could join his own patrol, but he had to control his anger.
      “Alright,” he responded with cold politeness. He padded away, forcing his neck fur flat. He was about to launch himself onto Brambleclaw and rip him to shreds, but that wouldn’t work. Cinderheart and Birchfall were there. As they padded out of camp, Thornclaw turned back to them.
      “Okay. Birchfall, you and Ashfur will hunt close to the ShadowClan border. Me and Cinderheart will hunt at the lakeshore.” As the patrol split up, Ashfur scented mouse. He instinctively dropped into a crouch, putting each paw down carefully. He shot from the bushes, and scooped the mouse up to give it a killing bite to the neck. Once done, it hung limply from his jaws. He scraped earth over it hastily, opening his mouth to taste the air. He just detected the faint scent of cats from an earlier patrol. Ashfur sighed. If there was no prey to be scented, then there wasn’t any nearby. The rest of the patrol gathered around after a short period of time.
      “Prey is scarcer,” Cinderheart remarked as they all dropped their prey into a small pile. It contained two mice, a shrew, and a sparrow. They carried the load home, and Firestar hurried over.
      “That’s all you found?” He asked, surprised.
      “All that there was where we hunted,” Thornclaw said. “We only hunted by the ShadowClan border and larkshore. There’s definitely more.” Firestar nodded slowly.
      “I’ll tell Brambleclaw to organize a few patrols later.” Ashfur felt delight jolt him unexpectedly as he saw Squirrelflight and Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather. His plan could work. Just give it a little more time, a voice inside his head seemed to say. Ashfur took a moorhen and ate it, spitting out the feathers.
      “This is why I hate swallowing feathers,” he muttered to himself. “They’re so fluffy.” He looked up at the sky, his lips curling into a sneer. You can’t stop me from what I’m about to do, StarClan. The day seemed to pass by slower than ever. Finally, as the sun was setting, Ashfur knew what to do. He found some weird Twoleg thing that seemed flammable from the weird, green flapping pelt-dens, and he fumbled with it for a while, and to his surprise it lit on fire quicker than he supposed it too. He quickly lit the thorn barrier where the warrior’s den was on fire, and he knew Hollyleaf and Lionblaze had nests closest to the barrier. He hurried back around to the camp entrance, slipping in through the dirtplace tunnel, and he readied himself.
      “Fire!” He screeched, and immediately cats shot out of dens. The fire was spreading quickly. Satisfaction made his fur rise. He then realized Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, Lionblaze, and Squirrelflight would make it out alive. He had to have another plan. He thought quickly, and then a deafening crack made him look up. A branch fell, and he barely dodged it as it crushed the barrier and led to safety. He looked and saw that the entrance and dirtplace tunnel was destroyed, and he knew that his plan would work. He stood on the end of the branch that would lead to safety, and Squirrelflight, Lionblaze, Hollyleaf, and Jayfeather hurried over.
      “Ashfur! Let us pass,” Squirrelflight said.
      “No. Have you ever thought of the pain you caused me, choosing Brambleclaw over me? If I leave Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze to die, you will feel my pain.”
      “You can’t be serious!” Squirrelflight exclaimed. “That was so long ago!” Ashfur curled his lip menacingly. But then Squirrelflight took a deep breath and spoke.
      “It will not hurt me if they die. They are not my kits.” The roar of the fire crashed into silence as the world slowed. Hollyleaf, Jayfeather, and Lionblaze stared at Squirrelflight, eyes wide with horror. Lionblaze seemed to burst with anger and fury.
      “You lied to us, then?” Hollyleaf asked, her voice frighteningly soft. Lionblaze turned away from Squirrelflight and to Ashfur.
      “Let us pass!” He snarled, unsheathing his claws. Ashfur jumped down, having no problem letting them through. He had a bigger secret; one that would for sure fulfil his revenge.
      As time passed, a quarter-moon later, Ashfur overlooked the stream at the WindClan border, thinking about his revenge. Satisfaction pulsed through him as he was about to reveal his secret at the Gathering later on, at dusk. It was perfect. Suddenly, the bushes behind him rustled, and Hollyleaf shot out, reaching for his neck. His screech of surprise was cut off short as she bit down, blood flowing from his wound. She then pushed him into the stream. He struggled wildly, and she watched, eyes cold, as he became tired and sunk to the bottom of the stream. I will get my revenge someday, he vowed to himself as darkness closed in on him.

• Dewfeather
        February 20, 2020 at 11:14 pm

Love it. Best thing about Ashfur I have read

I own a book company
        Hey

9. IvyStream
    February 17, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Kate, At First Did You Want More Or Less Code Breakers?
    Is AshFur Really The Imposter BrambleStar?
    Also, Why Is GrayStripe Still Alive? Same For MistyStar.

February 19, 2020 at 2:15 pm

Fewer 😛
      I have no idea 😛
      Hey! 😛
      😀

10. Beelight
    February 18, 2020 at 12:44 am

I don’t think Squirrelflight will get a PoV (at most the prologue). She did get a super edition after all. Also, if you could answer Kate, will we get to learn Sorrelstripe’s mate this arc, and in which book if possible? It’s been bugging me for a while.

• Pouncepelt
      February 20, 2020 at 8:40 pm

I think that the father of Sorrelstripe’s kits is either from another clan or a kittyypet and there will be a big outcry about her code breaking when that comes out…

11. Loneheart 🌠
    February 19, 2020 at 4:00 pm

Kate, I have a few questions if ya don’t mind😀
    1. What do you think of normal, nonposessed Bramblestar as a leader?
    2. Can you give us a list of cats to suspect of possesing Bramblestar?
    3. Do you think Squrrelflight would make a good leader?
    4. Is there a hint you can give us about what happened to StarClan?

Slytherin That I Am

February 20, 2020 at 12:31 pm

He’s fine
      🙂

• Loneheart 🌠
        February 20, 2020 at 6:15 pm

Okay, that works 🙂

Slytherin That I Am

February 21, 2020 at 12:41 pm

🙂

• HollyxDandilion
            February 22, 2020 at 2:30 am

Hey Kate, If you could spare a moment I would also like to ask some questions.
            1.Does Bristlefrost have any chance as an actual deputy?
            2.Is Berrynose an official deputy now?
            3.Was it your intention to make it seem like either Ashfur or Thistleclaw was (and still is) possesing Bramblestar?

• HollyxDandilion
              February 22, 2020 at 2:39 am

4. Is Shadowsight dead now?
              5. Will there be another Arc after The Broken Code?
              6. Would you concider making a novella or super edition about Leafshade (poor Leafshade doesn’t really do anything?
              7. Is Leafshade going to die in this arc or stay alive?

February 24, 2020 at 1:04 pm

Too young
              W.A.S
              W.A.S

12. Thunderstrike
    February 19, 2020 at 5:57 pm

Hello Kate, do you (or someone else) know how the Tribe of Rushing Water works with To-be’s? Do they get a mentor or are they just trained by all the prey-hunters and cave-guards? And does the to-be of a Healer get to leave the cave or not? I’m just curious about the way the Tribe works 😀

February 20, 2020 at 12:30 pm

Good question! I don’t know if we ever worked out an actual training process, it was so long ago I can’t remember. I think the training was less formalised and more shared – so no specific mentor. I think the to-be would have left the cave but less and less as they get more experienced and trained in the ways of the Healer.

• Thunderstrike
        February 21, 2020 at 12:34 pm

Thank you for answering my question! It really helps a lot with the fanfic I’m working on 😀

February 21, 2020 at 12:38 pm

🙂

BlogTeam Administrator, Leader

13. IvyStream (Come One Step Closer And I’ll Slap You With This Leaf)
    February 21, 2020 at 1:38 am